Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 17:53   #571
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - Michelin XM2 tyres are

MILESTONE UPDATE:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20160211_122150.jpg

She is performing well and as usual crunching miles. Now the running has become of city driving as opposed to highways which had more share.

I am getting a consistent FE between 20.6 to 20.9 kmpl and there is a 0.4 kmpl drop when calculated by full-tank method.

Tyres are holding up well and have clocked 10,000 kms so far.

Another 30K kms before this beauty leaves my garage.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:07   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - Michelin XM2 tyres are

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Another 30K kms before this beauty leaves my garage.

I wonder how exactly as an owner who has been so passionate about the car with so much effort that has gone into a lot of DIYs over the last 2 years would feel to let go this one.

This, after learning the fact that there is a set target before you bid adieu and not because there was some trigger (or even something that happened gradually) that eventually made you feel its now time to move over to something bigger or better.

Ritz then and Swift soon!! knowing how soon the next 30,000 will happen, I am sure you should have already put across your thoughts and penning bits and pieces of your ownership review for the upcoming replacement which I presume is the XUV 5oo?

Hoping to see the Blue Streak keep clocking miles and reach that 100K target soon.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:12   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
So, I bought the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Wanted to do this in my VXi
Quote:
The boot light isn't Auto like the cabin lamp.
I got the boot light installed yesterday.

Removed the left side plastic panel inside boot. There was no connector. So got a direct line from my amp to this light (all concealed, nothing visible).
Old 11th February 2016, 18:26   #574
BHPian

Hello Anurag, is there any specific reason to sell off the car after reaching 100k milestone?
Actually, the car might fetch better resale value when the odo is at 70k rather than at 100k.
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:39   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello Anurag, is there any specific reason to sell off the car after reaching 100k milestone?
Well, let me try to answer you by taking the liberty as now most of us know Anurag drives his car for 100,000 kms aka 3 Years. His last ride was the Ritz VDi which he sold after clocking a little more than 100k mark.

We have seen him getting confused picking between the S-Cross DDiS 320 vs the XUV 5oo until recently he made up his mind to pick the latter due to the pricing fiasco by MSIL for the former.

I am not really sure that he has any specific reason to sell except the tenure which eventually means 100K kms.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:11   #576
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This, after learning the fact that there is a set target before you bid adieu and not because there was some trigger (or even something that happened gradually) that eventually made you feel its now time to move over to something bigger or better.
This set target will be stopped hereafter the XUV comes and I'll be retaining it longer than the 1L kms mark.

From September onwards, the daily usage will be crossing 150 kms and it will on non-existing roads where GC is very important so the need of a SUV is must. I have taken my Swift but it has scrapped once so need is mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I presume is the XUV 5oo?
Yes it will be the XUV 5OO W10 in white colour. And I am pushing dad for the same. S-Cross has lost the battle with the silly pricing during launch and then decreasing the prices of the 1.6L variant made my dad loose confidence in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got the boot light installed yesterday. Removed the left side plastic panel inside boot. There was no connector. So got a direct line from my amp to this light (all concealed, nothing visible).
Excellent sirjee!

Pictures please of the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
No car in family has been with us for more than 3 years (odometer reading not considered). My earlier car - Ritz and the Swift being the only discounted ones that have hit the 1 lakh kms milestone.

Resale value for any of our cars was not an issue as we were all Maruti since 1996 so the rapport made with Varun Motors and their True Value wing is good to get the best prices.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 13:38   #577
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Got the 70K service done today using the Service @ Home facility by Autofin Maruti.

A total of 1.5 hours job. Works done:
  • Engine Oil;
  • Engine Oil filter ;
  • Air Filter;
  • Brake Pads cleaning;
  • Caliper pin greasing;
  • Top-up of distilled water in coolant reservoir and battery + brake fluid ;
  • A/C functionality check.
  • Fuel Filter
  • A/C Filter

Service Bill

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

Old Air Filter

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20160227_105815.jpg

Brake pads removal

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20160227_110013.jpg

Brake pads after 10K kms (Was changed in the last service)

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20160227_110027.jpg

A/C Check:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img_20160227_115033horz.jpg

He had a digital thermometer probe that he inserted in the vent. Then set the temperature at 25 degrees and put it in 'Auto' mode. As per him the temperature should be between 7 to 10 degrees C after a drive of 3 to 4 minutes. If it is above 10 degrees then the system needs a check. For my car @ 25 degrees it took 3 minutes 55 seconds to hit the lowest mark of 8.9 degrees C.

He was pretty impressed with the condition of the car and maintenance with 70K on odometer and 2 years by age.

Overall a nice experience again. Nice way of servicing @ home where things happen in front of out eyes.

PS: I haven't been charged for the Fuel filter and A/C filter as I had one of each in stock that I had bought for a friend 2 months back which he didn't use.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th February 2016 at 13:41.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 06:39   #578
BANNED

With 72K on the odometer, I decided to do the intercooler cleaning myself. Have never opened and got it cleaned by MASS during any of the service. Hence the efforts.

Here is the link to the DIY.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tercooler.html

Do have a look and put in your valuable comments.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th March 2016 at 06:55.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 11:10   #579
BANNED

Guys,

Planning to buy synthetic oil myself for the 80K service.

Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2016, 11:21   #580
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

Quote:
Guys,

Planning to buy synthetic oil myself for the 80K service.

Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.
How was the castrol oil that you were using until now? If you are happy, continue with it, cause it's quite cheap compared to other synthetics.

If not, then, there's DELVAC 1 always
Old 27th March 2016, 11:25   #581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post

How was the castrol oil that you were using until now? If you are happy, continue with it, cause it's quite cheap compared to other synthetics.

If not, then, there's DELVAC 1 always
Not happy after the 70K service oil change. Clatter is high at cold start but gets a bit better after engine is hot. Earlier it wasn't the issue but not sure what oil these guys are carrying in the cans from barrels at ASC.

I do seriously want to go and check the barrels of oil at their ASC. Genuinely synthetic or not.

This wasn't the issue when I did the 60K service at home. Hence decided to get the engine oil myself.
Old 27th March 2016, 11:37   #582
BHPian

Quote:
This set target will be stopped hereafter the XUV comes and I'll be retaining it longer than the 1L kms mark.

From September onwards, the daily usage will be crossing 150 kms and it will on non-existing roads where GC is very important so the need of a SUV is must. I have taken my Swift but it has scrapped once so need is mandatory..
The XUV will give you significantly low FE compared to the 20ish figures you are used to now and considering you use the car alone for such a long ride daily wouldn't such a big car be an overkill unless you need to carry many people or luggage regularly. I suggest you should look at the Creta AT which might suit your needs better. Just a thought.
Old 27th March 2016, 11:55   #583
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The XUV will give you significantly low FE compared to the 20ish figures you are used to now and considering you use the car alone for such a long ride daily wouldn't such a big car be an overkill unless you need to carry many people or luggage regularly.
Thank you sir for pitching-in with your thoughts. Let me clarify the requirements regarding a bigger vehicle at home after selling the Swift.

We have a K10 AMT that is used by my Wife. Swift is used by me 100% of the time. For people carrying and all odd jobs there is the Ertiga at home.

Both the Ertiga and Swift would be sold off and the XUV would come in. My daily usage and people carrying jobs would be done with the XUV 5OO. K10 AMT would stay though.

Quote:
I suggest you should look at the Creta AT which might suit your needs better. Just a thought.
I'm better off with my Swift rather than going for Creta. No Hyundai cars will be my drive. Never!

No offence to any Hyundai owner.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th March 2016 at 12:01.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 14:40   #584
BHPian

Quote:
We have a K10 AMT that is used by my Wife. Swift is used by me 100% of the time. For people carrying and all odd jobs there is the Ertiga at home. .
I know you have an Ertiga did not know that is being replaced as well. Then you seem to have limited choices with the same space as an XUV. You may want to have a look at the BRV as well as it might suit your needs though it will not be as feature loaded or as powerful as the XUV. I personally am not a big fan of the XUV and thus stretched to get the T fort in 2013. Reliability, niggles and looks were the main deterrents at that time. Main advantage of the BRV would be a fresh Japanese car in the market, easier to pilot in the town as well as being much more efficient. The new Innova might not appeal to you as a self driven car but if one looks beyond that it does look like it's going to be an excellent car. Best of luck.
Old 27th March 2016, 15:08   #585
BANNED

Quote:
I know you have an Ertiga did not know that is being replaced as well. Then you seem to have limited choices with the same space as an XUV. I personally am not a big fan of the XUV and thus stretched to get the T fort in 2013.
No issues sir.

Dad's daily usage has dropped drastically and keeping that car idle is of no use. Hence selling both and getting one.

I love the Fortuner since it's launch but that is too costly and off my reach.

Most Viewed