Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 17:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Congrats on the Swift Anurag! Its good you opted for the 2013 model with discounts than waiting for the 2014 one. I wish you a joyful ownership with your new car.

Your attention to detail is brilliant! I agree with you on the shiny dash, is a pain on sunny days. I haven't been able to find any solution to it yet. Let me know if you do.
Old 8th January 2014, 20:04   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Hi Anurag,

Many congratulations on the Blue Streak! The details with the pictures is commendable.

Coming to 3M, I am a very happy Customer for them and I like the professionalism they exhibit with all the cars. I am glad that you had your shine and gleam protected now.

I was running little tight on the office front and could not join you last week, however looking forward to seeing your new ride in all its sheen soon!

Happy Motoring!
Thanks and I'm happy you liked the review. Will be visiting 3M over this weekend for PPF over door edges and handle cups. We can meet if your free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Congrats on the Swift Anurag! Its good you opted for the 2013 model with discounts than waiting for the 2014 one. I wish you a joyful ownership with your new car.

Your attention to detail is brilliant! I agree with you on the shiny dash, is a pain on sunny days. I haven't been able to find any solution to it yet. Let me know if you do.
Thanks Shashank. I'm glad you liked the review.

Regarding the dash, either we have to get used to it or wear sunglasses

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 21:31   #48
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Hi Anurag,

Congratulations on the new car and wish you many happy journeys in this excellent driver's car!

Could you comment on the refinement levels of the new Swift vis-a-vis the Ritz Diesel? How big a difference do you see?
Old 8th January 2014, 22:10   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Hi Anurag,

Congratulations on the new car and wish you many happy journeys in this excellent driver's car!

Could you comment on the refinement levels of the new Swift vis-a-vis the Ritz Diesel? How big a difference do you see?
The is a comparison between Swift and Ritz coming soon.

But busy on work. To answer your question, yes there is difference between the two engines and drive ability.

Anurag.
Old 8th January 2014, 23:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks and I'm happy you liked the review. Will be visiting 3M over this weekend for PPF over door edges and handle cups. We can meet if your free.

Thanks Shashank. I'm glad you liked the review.

Regarding the dash, either we have to get used to it or wear sunglasses

Anurag.
It looks like polaroid sunglasses are the way to go. I cleaned the dash,put no polish there afterwards,still the same unfortunately!
Old 9th January 2014, 01:19   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

It looks like polaroid sunglasses are the way to go. I cleaned the dash,put no polish there afterwards,still the same unfortunately!
I wear glasses so Polaroid ones are ruled out. I am getting used to it though, no complaints.

The best part, when I went to collect the car after 1st service as a complimentary gift the SA gave me a car cleaning kit (MGA) and it contains Dashboard Shiner - I was like.

Just took that and came home. Yet to try it.

Anurag.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE for the car - 31.12.2013

After reading a lot about 3M car detailing, I went ahead for getting the 3M Paint Sealant Treatment on the car since the car is pretty new so is the paint.
Hi Anurag,

Loved your review of the New Swift.
Can you tell me the life of the 3M paint sealant?
Wouldn't getting the car waxed every 6 months a better option as suggested by some experts on the forum?
Old 9th January 2014, 13:19   #53
BHPian

Dear anurag the very heartiest congratulations to you on the acquisition of one of the best diesel hatchbacks in the country in one of the finest colour in the correct trim. Wish you not just one lakh but lakhs and lakhs of peaceful mile crunching onboard this mean machine. Sorry for being a bit late to the party but anyways better late then never. Do take care of the car and enjoy driving it and do update the thread as and when required with the service details,the mileage provided by the car as well as the niggles if you face any. See you around here in team bhp buddy.

Cheers,
Subhra
Old 9th January 2014, 13:44   #54
BHPian

First rattle creeped in on my 4 days and 250km old swift vdi.

The rattle just started today. It is like a loose coin would sound if kept in an empty golve box.

Location of the sound is from inside the dash board and behind the glove box. I am really not willing to let the service guys strip open my dash board to fix the sound. Its really annoying for a new car.

Anurag, any rattles observed on your car?
Old 9th January 2014, 15:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anurag. That's a lovely shade of blue, electrifyingly beautiful.

Have you also got the underbody anti rust treatment for your car? Not sure if your city warrants this requirement though.

Also suggest you to get the PPF installed on the ORVM's to prevent scratches and paint chipping.

For a cleaner rear look do consider de-badging the boot lid.

All the best again and wishing you many happy and safe miles on this one.
Old 9th January 2014, 15:57   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Can you tell me the life of the 3M paint sealant?
Wouldn't getting the car waxed every 6 months a better option as suggested by some experts on the forum?
The average life is around 1 year and this depends on where the car is parked and in what conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Do take care of the car and enjoy driving it and do update the thread as and when required with the service details,the mileage provided by the car as well as the niggles if you face any. See you around here in team bhp buddy.

Shall update this thread regularly as the car clocks miles and services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
The rattle just started today. It is like a loose coin would sound if kept in an empty golve box.

Location of the sound is from inside the dash board and behind the glove box.
No rattles in my car so far (Touchwood).

I guess check the can air filter housing or the filter itself that is located behind the glove box. It could be loose or not fit properly. Please check and update. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats Anurag. That's a lovely shade of blue, electrifyingly beautiful.

Have you also got the underbody anti rust treatment for your car? Not sure if your city warrants this requirement though.

Also suggest you to get the PPF installed on the ORVM's to prevent scratches and paint chipping.

For a cleaner rear look do consider de-badging the boot lid.
Ant-rus treatment done on the day of delivery. shall look into the ORVM for PF too. I like to keep the car bone-stock Adi, so no de-badging.

Anurag.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I guess check the can air filter housing or the filter itself that is located behind the glove box. It could be loose or not fit properly. Please check and update. Thanks.
Is there a cabin air filter? I think it is possible to be retrofitted but Maruti doesnt offer one with the car. Not even with Zdi. Ill check the housing. Will have to look under the dash.
Old 9th January 2014, 18:15   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post

Is there a cabin air filter? I think it is possible to be retrofitted but Maruti doesnt offer one with the car. Not even with Zdi. Ill check the housing. Will have to look under the dash.
Please check it buddy because I have had it from the PDI time.

I have added an image of the same but sorry it is not clear.

Anurag
Attached Thumbnails
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-rps20140109_182832.jpg  

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th January 2014 at 18:39.
Old 9th January 2014, 18:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
The average life is around 1 year and this depends on where the car is parked and in what conditions.
I called 3M Car Care Gurgaon for Paint sealant for my new DZire.
They quoted me Rs. 3290 + taxes, and told me that the average life is 5-6 months & can last longer if taken care (like using microfibre cloth & all).

Did you find any huge difference after paint sealant?
Old 9th January 2014, 19:08   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

I called 3M Car Care Gurgaon for Paint sealant for my new DZire.
They quoted me Rs. 3290 + taxes, and told me that the average life is 5-6 months & can last longer if taken care (like using microfibre cloth & all).

Did you find any huge difference after paint sealant?
Yes there is a marked shine post the treatment but I'm happy. Currently the car is ultra-dirty. Shall be giving it a wash soon to check how the paint looks.

I was giving the same quote - 3290 + taxes = Rs 3696.

He also said if the car is kept neat and under shade parking the paint sealant will last about 1 year else it is 6-8 months.

I'll be visiting them for PPF add-on so will ask them clearly. Can anyone tell me what are the charged for foam wash at 3M?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks