Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:51   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
It is not that frequent. Just happens randomly. Should i be worried about this problem? The car is due for maintenance and I am going to inform the authorities about this.
Please do inform MASS, ASAP. The ACC unit is not cheap so please don't take it lighty. Is your car under warranty BTW?

I'm suspecting a loose connection. Once you visit MASS please update me the problem.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 21:41   #92
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Wanted to post this on the day I did this but was out-of station so couldn't update. I want to see how the car fares in FE point of view by keeping the upper speed limit at 80 kmph (wherever possible).

Total distance one-way is 60 kms. The breakup for this distance:

1) Office gate to ORR - 16.1 kms
2) ORR (Outer ring road) - 27.9 kms
3) ORR to home - 16.0 kms

1) This distance is the worst of the lot with roads less and more of craters, a Range Rover/Land Rover will be happy to check their ride and suspension on this road. It is mostly covered in 1st and 2nd gear with sometimes bumper-2-bumper traffic.

2) The ORR is a 8-lane express way with a top speed limit of 120 kmph but lower speed limit is 80 kmph. I hope all have understood how the road will be!

3) This is the 4 lane highway (NH 44 - Hyderabad to Nagpur) with medium to high traffic, mostly heavy vehicles and RTC buses trundling along the right lane. This distance is done in 4th and 5th gear.

I have used the OBD II reader (Torque PRO App) to get the data and have verified the same with the MID output.

MID (22.1 kmpl):
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140205_173637.jpg

The ORR slip, used to verify the average speed I have maintained for the whole distance:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140205_173536.jpg

OBD 2 reader says 20.3 kmpl:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140205070644horz.jpg

NOTE: I have followed all the traffic rules and not over-speeding in any of the 60 kms distance. All speed limits were followed along with no harm to other road users.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th February 2014 at 21:43.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 20:00   #93
BANNED

First nick to the car. :(

The rear overhang of an RTC bus hit the right side ORVM. Two small scratches above and below the indicators are there.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140217_195922.png
Views: 2710
Size:  409.0 KB

MASS says whole ORVM muddy be replaced but I am yet to take it to my gut who is at MASS I visit since he was on leave on that day. Let's see how it goes off.

No great an update but the car will be going for the second service in 4 days as the odo reads 4603 kms. Very happy with the car and getting a FE of 21.5 - 22.1 kmpl (Full tank to Full tank method).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 22:26   #94
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
First nick to the car. :(

The rear overhang of an RTC bus hit the right side ORVM. Two small scratches above and below the indicators are there.
Welcome to broken indicator ORVM light club.
The diameter of hole from the impact is a lot lesser on my swift's indicator light. As a preventive measure, I covered the entire indicator with cello tape(its almost of the same width) so as to prevent seepage of moisture and dust.

Please update me in case you find a way out for only the plastic cover of the indicator or the entire indicator assembly. The cost for replacement of entire ORVM is nothing less than criminal. But, knowing Maruti, I am very hopeful that they must be providing the indicator assembly separately(if they can provide the ORVM plastic cover separately, they should do the same for indicator as well).

Regards
Old 17th February 2014, 23:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

First nicks on the car always hurt. You're lucky it is just the ORVM though.

In all probability, the manufacturer won't sell individual parts, however, do visit any small denting/painting shop in old city and they will be able to salvage the part off a used ORVM assembly. Considering the Swift is popular, it shouldn't take too long either. You may not like the person's attitude or feel like ever trusting them again, but it gets the job done for cheap.
Old 19th February 2014, 09:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Very happy with the car and getting a FE of 21.5 - 22.1 kmpl (Full tank to Full tank method).
Maintaining a top speed of 80kmph gives the FE of 21-22 kmpl.
But in case the top speed is increased beyond 80, & a little bit of spirited driving drops it to 18-19 kmpl.
Old 19th February 2014, 14:12   #97
BHPian

Have given the car for a service which was way due..
I will get back to you when it is back.
By the way, i had another problem with the car. The range meter on the car was showing the wrong range even after filling fuel for a grand..
I brought this issue up with MASS.
Hope they fix it.
Old 19th February 2014, 23:09   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Please update me in case you find a way out for only the plastic cover of the indicator or the entire indicator assembly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
In all probability, the manufacturer won't sell individual parts
Went to MASS and found that the ONLY the indicator is avaliable for Rs 1400.

Now if a job card is openend then labour charges + taxes is taking the bill upto Rs 1800-1900 which doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any DIY or any method to replace the blinker only?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any DIY or any method to replace the blinker only?
Heat the glass using a hair-dryer/heat gun, remove the glass, remove the screws holding the bracket, remove and replace the blinker and put everything back.
Or
Take it to a FNG mechanic, pay Rs.100/- and let him replace the blinker.
Or
Continue just like that and use a transparent tape to prevent entry of moisture.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:43   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post

Heat the glass using a hair-dryer/heat gun, remove the glass, remove the screws holding the bracket, remove and replace the blinker and put everything back.
Or
Take it to a FNG mechanic, pay Rs.100/- and let him replace the blinker.
Or
Continue just like that and use a transparent tape to prevent entry of moisture.
Have found a workshop where the replacement will be done. Will buy the MGP from MASS and replace it. Shall pay the pictures and part number of it.

Anurag.
Old 20th February 2014, 07:55   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
But in case the top speed is increased beyond 80, & a little bit of spirited driving drops it to 18-19 kmpl.
This is common with all cars. No complains.

My top speed generally is 100 kmph so the worst that I have achieved is 21 kmpl. I don't hold speeds at the same figures for a long time, just touch and go.

Quote:
I had another problem with the car. The range meter on the car was showing the wrong range even after filling fuel for a grand..
Any update from MASS?

Regarding the MID problem:

1) Did you try and reset the MID to whether or not it comes to normal? I do reset after every full tank.

2) Else there is a problem with the MID and needs firmware update/reseting.

Anurag.
Old 20th February 2014, 08:11   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Any update from MASS?
Yes.
I got the car yesterday evening.
Spoke to the guy who delivered it. He said that at a constant speed, the range tends to reduce and that is the main cause for the faulty reading. I wasnt impressed by his explanation, so i need to verify this and conduct a bit of research on this.
But in other aspects, the car handles and drives beautifully with an increase in throttle response.
So im not complaining.
Hats off to the service centre guys.
Old 20th February 2014, 08:32   #103
BANNED

Quote:
He said that at a constant speed, the range tends to reduce and that is the main cause for the faulty reading.
You need to 'LOL'.

Constant speed will increase the range rather than decreasing it. Maruti themselves say maintaining a constant speed will yield in better fuel efficiency.

Something is either wrong with the MID or the firmware in it.

Did you try any other ASC for a second opinion? If your car is not in warranty go for an outside mechanic and see what he has to say about this MID issue.

Anurag.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:13   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try any other ASC for a second opinion? If your car is not in warranty go for an outside mechanic and see what he has to say about this MID issue.
No.
I have to check with another ASC when i have time.
Old 21st February 2014, 22:30   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Went to MASS and found that the ONLY the indicator is avaliable for Rs 1400.
Rs.1400 for that teeny tiny innocent looking indicator!!

I so miss my earlier ride Maruti Zen, the headlamp was some Rs.1200 and the tail lamp was some Rs.450. And indicator: well, it was peanuts at Rs.90.

Awaiting your update on the replacement, so that I can learn from it and do a DIY.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks