Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 08:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

No oil change ? No brake pad cleaning ?
Wheel alignment should be Rs 200.
Old 27th February 2014, 10:34   #122
BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have got my car finally serviced today.

No work/replacements done as all is well with the car but the service manager was shocked to see 5K kms in 2 months.

Attachment 1212757

Paid a total bill of Rs 1048.
3 screen wash concentrate in one time fill? Or is it you purchased extra for later refilling?
And 1000 just for wheel balancing & alignment is way too high even at maruti dealership.
Why did you not go in for a oil change? Did you find that its the synthetic oil that's put into the car in the factory?

I have covered 4600KM in 2 months, & will be getting my dzire serviced next month. SO I am trying to decide to go in for a oil change or not. I should change the oil in case its the mineral oil put into the factory, otherwise I should get it changed at 10K mark.

I have exchanged a series of e-mails with Maruti customer care, but they don't seem to be willing to disclose whether its the mineral or synthetic oil put into the car in the factory.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 27th February 2014 at 10:35.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 11:07   #123
Senior - BHPian

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I have covered 4600KM in 2 months, & will be getting my dzire serviced next month. SO I am trying to decide to go in for a oil change or not. I should change the oil in case its the mineral oil put into the factory, otherwise I should get it changed at 10K mark.

I have exchanged a series of e-mails with Maruti customer care, but they don't seem to be willing to disclose whether its the mineral or synthetic oil put into the car in the factory.
Change the oil and the oil filter and then do it again at 10k kms. Sometime after 10k kms, switch over to synthetic oil.
Old 27th February 2014, 13:24   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
No oil change ? No brake pad cleaning ?
Oil change at 10K since the car is on synthetic oil.

Quote:
3 screen wash concentrate in one time fill? Or is it you purchased extra for later refilling?
Yes, I bought 2 extra for later filling.

Quote:
And 1000 just for wheel balancing & alignment is way too high even at maruti dealership.
Shall talk to the sales manager today and see what he has to say for this cost charged.

Quote:
Why did you not go in for a oil change? Did you find that its the synthetic oil that's put into the car in the factory?
The manager said all new DDiS engines come filed with Synthetic oil from factory. So no oil change in 1K and 5K service. But I'll be changing the oil filter today that I bought separately.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:30   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Shall talk to the sales manager today and see what he has to say for this cost charged.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Quoting my own post, as I had told I will talk to the sales manager about the high costs for Wheel alignment, so after a cool discussion he agreed and apologized. He informed the cashier to return Rs.500 but told him that this should not repeat.

Thanks guys.

Anurag.
Old 14th March 2014, 06:54   #126
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply guys..
I got the car from aervice around a month ago, and it is much better.
The range meter problem is fixed abut the mileage display is still the same.. So i figured not to trust that display and stick to plain old calculations.
odo reading shows 33k kms.. Me contributing about only 1000 of them.
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 11:37   #127
BHPian

Excellent review. The swift ZDI torque blue was my first choice but it didn't somehow make it to my garage. I had booked the same color and felt nostalgic after seeing your post.
That apart, Congratulations and wishing you many more miles.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 14:57   #128
BHPian

Belated Congrats Anurag.
I know I am terribly late but better late than never (blameing it on the 12th standard board exams ). Just loved reading the entire review. Your car looks stunning in Torque Blue colour.
My dad has a 2009 Ritz VDi too which has just completed 60k kms so far.
Drive safe and enjoy your car.
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 00:27   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Can I have a picture of the damage to your cars blinkers?
Hey Anurag,
Pardon, I somehow missed reading the line for the pic of the damage.

The damage on my car's blinker is a small hole, may be 1 cm in dia. And it is with such a precision as if a bullet passed through it.
As a make shift arrangement, I covered the indicator with the cellotape so as not to let any dust or moisture enter through the damage hole.
If you look hard enough, you would see the hole, the rest of abberation seen is just the overlapping/improperly installed cello-tape.
[ATTACH]The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-imag0198.jpg[/ATTACH]
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-imag0197.jpg  

Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 02:28   #130
BHPian

Great review! It oozes with your love and passion for Swift as well as driving. I especially enjoyed this review because I am seriously considering the Swift Z(xi). One thing I am surprised to read is that you find the steering over assisted. Most reviews say the steering weighs up decently on speeds. But I guess you prefer a heavier steering at speeds. But is it too light to spoil the fun? Curious.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 07:31   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
Excellent review. The swift ZDI torque blue was my first choice but it didn't somehow make it to my garage. I had booked the same color and felt nostalgic after seeing your post.
That apart, Congratulations and wishing you many more miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Belated Congrats Anurag. Just loved reading the entire review. Your car looks stunning in Torque Blue colour.
Thanks for the appreciation and I am happy you liked the review. The funniest part I was confused between Red and White. The Blue wasn't even a choice until I saw one customers car that had come for service. I was waiting till it was washed and dry to see how it looks in real time. That very moment changed my decision towards Blue.

Not many choose this color and I am happy being the odd one out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Hey Anurag,
No problem buddy. I am still scouting for the part here at the MGP. Have exchanged quiet a few emails with Maruti regarding it. Hope I get the part today.

If you want should I get one for you too? AFAIK, you need the right side ORVM blinker too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Great review! It oozes with your love and passion for Swift as well as driving. But I guess you prefer a heavier steering at speeds. But is it too light to spoil the fun? Curious.
Thank you for the appreciation regarding the review. Swift is such a car that deserves the passion. It is not a car that is meant for Point A to Point B errands. Needs attention!

Regarding the steering it is perfect in city speeds but gets light once car is in triple digits. Not a fan of this kind of setup and I am NOT complaining. I have got used to it now.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 22:34   #132
BANNED

UPDATE:

After searching almost of the whole of Hyderabad, I could lay hands on the blinker. Tried ordering the part online via www.mgp.co.in but the website has issues in accepting the order (fails at one point), so went to Maruti official website and lodged a complaint regarding MGP issue.

Within a few hours I got the reply with an apology and giving me the the Authorized stockists for ALL spares of Maruti in Hyderabad. Went to the stockist and finally got hold of the Blinker yesterday. Hats off to Maruti for their dealer network and active replying to customer issues.

Thanks to BHPian interc00led, I have ordered a few more things from Maruti for my car.

1) Parts Catalogue for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99000M24120-726) - Rs 186/-

2) Workshop Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99500M74L00-74E) - Rs 1000/-

3) Supplementary Manual for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99510M74L00-74E) - Rs 300/-

Though the stockist did not have the stock of these books with him, so placed an order for them which would arrive in 7-10 days. I paid an advance of Rs 1000/- for these 3 books.

Coming to ORVM Blinker:

-- Part Name: Lamp Assy, Side Turn

-- MRP: Rs 1352/-

-- Part Number: 36410M82K00

Here is the picture of the label on the part:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140316_032640.jpg

Shall install this tomorrow since all garages that I know off are closed so will update the status tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to car:

It is almost 3 months old (shy of 3 days), the car has clocked 7200 kms with NO signs of any issues and rattles whatsoever.

I am getting an FE of 21.7 kmpl (Average) on the MID and 21.3 kmpl via the full tank calculation method.

As my car had PPF installed by 3M on the door edges and door handle cups, the application on the cups was peeling off and dust entrapping so when I had visited them a few days back, all 4 door handle cups PPF was changed to new with proper fitting absolutely free of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Hey Anurag,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th March 2014 at 22:38.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 23:18   #133
BHPian

Went through all the nine pages. Amazingly written and great attention to detail. Torque blue is my favorite on the new Swift. A friend has one with white rims on it. Personally, I prefer the Enkei Wheels you have.

Quote:
UPDATE:

Within a few hours I got the reply with an apology and giving me the the Authorized stockists for ALL spares of Maruti in Hyderabad. Went to the stockist and finally got hold of the Blinker yesterday. Hats off to Maruti for their dealer network and active replying to customer issues.

Would agree. Brilliant work by Maruti to sell spare parts over the counter. One can easily buy genuine spares and hand it over to the FNG and not be worried about fake stuff installed in our vehicles.

Quote:
My brother inquired for the workshop manual (for my Estilo) from a MGP store here, in Mumbai. The sales guy told him he couldn't sell it to him. And if he still wanted the manual, he'd have to give Maruti a letter stating any fault in the car, henceforth will be our responsibility. I couldn't understand the logic behind this.

Pestered the MASS my car has been frequenting for over 5 years, and they happily gave me one of their copies.

Enjoy your car Anurag.

Cheers!
Arun Shenoy
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 23:27   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Went through all the nine pages. Amazingly written and great attention to detail. Torque blue is my favorite on the new Swift. A friend has one with white rims on it. Personally, I prefer the Enkei Wheels you have.
All stock is lovely in this car and needs NO modifications whatsoever. This colour is unique and does stand out in the crowd but is a pain to maintain but no complaints!

Quote:
Would agree. Brilliant work by Maruti to sell spare parts over the counter. One can easily buy genuine spares and hand it over to the FNG and not be worried about fake stuff installed in our vehicles.
Maruti knows what Indians want. A part sold over the counter means that customer is visiting an FNG and not MASS for the work on the car which means loosing money. I was asked by the guy if I was not happy with the MASS I use as I am buying part and fitting it elsewhere. I was happy with that gesture of theirs.

Quote:
My brother inquired for the workshop manual (for my Estilo) from a MGP store here, in Mumbai. The sales guy told him he couldn't sell it to him. And if he still wanted the manual, he'd have to give Maruti a letter stating any fault in the car, henceforth will be our responsibility. I couldn't understand the logic behind this.
Simple logic. You will be buying the workshop manual that say how to go about things on repair/adjustments with the necessary tools, so not all owners are perfect enough to do things on the car so when a owner gets hold of the workshop manual the guys selling the manual are worried if the owner will fiddle with the car and blame it later onto MASS as they have ruined the car. To be sure of the blame not coming on them, they asked a letter from your brother! Nothing wrong in it as it they want to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Pestered the MASS my car has been frequenting for over 5 years, and they happily gave me one of their copies.
LOL!

Cheers,
Anurag Shenoy.
Old 16th March 2014, 23:59   #135
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:
1) Parts Catalogue for Swift DDiS (Part No.: 99000M24120-726) - Rs 186/-
Great ! Just let me know as soon as the manuals arrive.
Cant wait to go through the engine and ECU diagnostics section.
The ECU DTC codes were wonderfully described in the ol' swift diesel's manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks