Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2014, 23:28   #1
BANNED

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold

It is time to open another book in my ownership experience!

Been three years since the Ritz was purchased and it had covered 1,07,959 kms with an average of 100 kms a day. This car was bought only for my daily usage from Home to work and back.

Rewind:

I. November, 2010 – December, 2010

On the 15th of November I get my first placement in the United Breweries, Hyderabad that was situated 60 kms from my home. We had a WagonR VXi (2008 model) which I used for going to work. It was clocking 120 kms a day and the fuel burnt was faster than I could clock distances on it. Every 3-4 days a full tank was needed which was too harsh on our pocket, so to deal with such distances the need was a diesel car. The hunt had begun and my preference was:

1) Swift VDi
2) Ritz VDi
3) Figo TDCi
4) Fabia TDi

After TD and final discussions we preferred Maruti. So went to the dealer and asked for the Swift VDi ABS in white. A prompt reply without any hesitation comes saying the waiting period is 7 months and NO discounts whatsoever. We tried all the dealers in Hyderabad and to all the Sales Manager but one of them could help due to the everlasting waiting period. This had made me change my mind and shift to the Ritz VDi ABS. I was unhappy on one side of my mind that I won’t be getting my dream car but accepted it as the Ritz on the same platform as the Swift (not that I had choice). We went to Varun Motors, Begumpet and booked a Ritz VDi ABS in Blue colour. The delivery date was 5 days from booking. All excited with No sleep virtually thinking about the famed diesel engine – Turbo etc.

Come 11th December and the Sales Manager calls my dad saying the ABS Model is stopped by Maruti and if we are too keen on that we will have to wait for 2 months so the delivery will be in February, 2011. We lost patience to call other dealers to ask for the ABS model in the Ritz whereby had to settle down for a non-ABS model in the same colour. The happier part was we were getting very good discounts on the car with nice freebies too. All agreed with the formalities completed delivery was taken on 16th December, 2010.

The journey begins…

I kept reading the Official Review of the Ritz VDi ABS (Silver colour) done by GTO. By-hearted the whole thing in 3-4 days and knew all the features in that car. Was feeling sad that my Blue Boomerang’s review will not be a part of Team-BHP reviews, tried applying again.

NOTE: I don't have a high-end camera so please pardon me for the picture quality and the angles of shooting. I have absolutely NO experience in camera usage. All these pictures were taken with a 8MP Samsung S III camera.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th January 2014 at 03:01.
a4anurag is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 23:35   #2
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

II. Fast forward to 15th October 2011 – I am a Team-BHPian finally.

Had tried applying a few times but wasn’t successful and kept retrying and on the 10th October I made courage for another attempt and submitted the form. Days passed by, I was checking my Gmail account every 7-8 hours, but no mails from Team-BHP Webmaster. At 19:00 on the 15th October, I get a mail saying Team-BHP Membership APPROVED! Just couldn’t control my happiness and thanked my stars and the Moderator who approved my membership!

The journey from a Newbie to a Senior-BHPian was priceless with so many friends online and offline with an ever buzzing (Very active) Hyderabad Team-BHP gang. On the 8th December at 19:37 the Initial Ownership review was taken Live (Assembly Line to Initial Ownership Reports). From then on, no looking back – Just clock miles and Yes I do justify the Team-BHP Sticker on my boot – Live To Drive.

Major milestone for the Ritz:

1) 24th Dec 2010 – 1000 kms done;
2) 22nd March 2012 – 50000 kms done;
3) 12th September 2013 – 100000 kms done;
4) 19th December 2013 – SOLD!

A few pictures of the car and with 1 lakh on the Odometer:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-image0018.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-image0019.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc02981.jpg

The Milestone!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20130912_153005.jpg

You can find the ownership thread with the details in the link below:

Title: My Blue Boomerang, Maruti Ritz VDi – 100,000 kms Up!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-now-sold.html

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd January 2014 at 01:15.
a4anurag is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:00   #3
BANNED

re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 30K kms up!

III. Fast Forward – 15th August, 2013

Being a holiday, I was at home and to pass time started washing the car, while doing so dad comes up and looks at the odometer (98929 kms) and says “Time to change the Ritz to the car of your choice!” I could not refuse the offer but made him agree that it will be changed once I touch the 1 Lakh which was a month far away. He agreed and went inside.

The search starts…

The options considered were all top-end variants as I didn't want to compromise on safety whatsoever since I didn’t want to repeat the mistake I had done for the Ritz (VDi variant).
  1. Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi
  2. Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TDI
  3. Hyundai i20 CRDI
  4. Volkswagen Polo GT TDI
  5. Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZDi
  6. Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

-------------------------------------------

1) Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi

• Handling

Dislikes:
  • Not impressed with the central console
  • Overall feel of the car
  • Ownership costs

2) Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TDI

• Features

Dislikes:
  • Engine (No punch as compared to the MJD)
  • Unknown ASC and costs of ownership

3) Hyundai i20 CRDI

• Engine

Dislikes:
  • Cost (OTR and Ownership)
  • Handling

4) The newest entrant – Volkswagen Polo GT TDI

• ENGINE!
  • Features

Dislikes:
  • OTR Price - wasn't practical to 10L for a hatch.
  • Reliability
  • Unknown ASC and costs of ownership

5) Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZDi

• A Maruti at the end of the day
  • Space and Ergonomics

Dislikes:
  • None but my point is WHY the same car again!

6) Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

• Features
  • Handling

Dislikes:
  • Space

So the Winner here is the Swift ZDi. It does look like the Likes and Dislikes were deliberately given to make the Swift win this contest but no, honestly I did the TD and decided the Swift this time but issue was the purchase will be in March, 2014 as he wants to change both the cars in our garage at the same. (He drives a SX4 Petrol now in need of a Diesel powered D segment car). Agreed with this the wait begin again..

What is Swift as a car to the motoring world (Media comments)

Team-BHP says – “2nd Generation Swift looks fresh and still has the spunk”

Overdrive says – “An already good offering made better!”

Car india.in says – “More Technology, More Space and More Refinement”

BS Motoring says – “New Swift – As effervescent as always!”

MotorBeam.com says – “New Swift is different”

Top Gear India says – “The best Maruti ever”

Autocar India says – “Right on top of its class!”

Zig Wheels says – “Making the best better!”

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-swift.jpg
Source: Maruti Suzuki Website

Seeing these comments I was elated and it felt assuring to choose the car over the rest. Not that if each of these journalists had put in negative comment would change my buying decision. I was hooked onto this car from its launch and it has become stronger after the addition of the DDiS heart.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd January 2014 at 23:21.
a4anurag is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:14   #4
BANNED

I start browsing for all ownership reports on the Swift ZDi including the Official Review at Team-BHP.

The colour of choice with the following order of preference was:

1) Red
2) White
3) Blue

Sincere Thanks to all you guys for such wonderful ownership reports and to make me decide on the Swift ZDi:

Deetjohn’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...michelins.html

Racer_X’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-pg-12-a.html

Frankmehta’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-zdi.html

Beast_within’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html

Vaisakhr’s Review:

Saurabh Dadichi’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-realized.html

Funkyp’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...00-kms-up.html

Ankurvirmani19’s Review:

Clix’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rque-blue.html

iFuel’s Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ove-again.html

GTO's Official Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

One fine day while reading reviews I stumbled upon the review written by CLIX who owns a Torque Blue Swift ZDi where he had posted the alloy wheel picture and a view from top. Seeing these two pictures I just changed my mind to Blue but wanted to confirm the same when seen in reality. The first thing I did was, saved that picture in my mobile and laptop for drooling further.

Here they are:

Just love that contrast of the silver alloy and the blue body
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4dscn2243.jpg

The full picture of the car from top
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1dsc_7839.jpg

Dad and I visited the dealer to confirm the colour I want and to confirm the same. Just asked the dealer to show me the cars in Red, White and Blue in washed neat condition. Red and White were shown to me in their yard but Blue want available so went to their servicing area as they had a customers car. The blue looked simple and elegant to me than the Red so thought for around half an hour looking at Red and Blue. After lunch I finalised the colour as Torque Blue.

Days passed but no updates from my dad or from Maruti about the delivery. Kept following up every day but dad was still saying delivery after March’14. I was consoling myself as the news of the Updated Swift was to be launched somewhere in Jan’14 or March’14 with better and some useful features. I was happy for one time that it was the correct decision to wait to get the updated model. Dad and I then stopped calling the Sales Manager for the booking of the Swift ZDi and informed him that we will take the new model rather than the current one. He agreed and matters close and all silent again with my dreaming continues...

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th January 2014 at 05:03.
a4anurag is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:24   #5
BANNED

The SURPRISE PART:

On the 15th December morning dad calls me asking for my final decision on the colour?! I was more of puzzled than happy for getting this call from him to which I answered - Torque Blue. He said Ok and hung up! I was feeling strange and curious to know why he had called up and why ask only about the colour but was too busy at work (16 hrs a day at work) to ask him again.

On the 16th December, 2013 the car turns 3 years with the odometer at 107510 kms feeling peppy and frugal as when new. Days pass by and I am as usual ultra-busy at work with my attention diverted from the Swift towards Sleep

Meanwhile in the background I am in touch with BHPian Rockporiom where we both are excited about our car deliveries happening in the coming months. He and I were hooked onto the New Swift but due to a tempting offer on the Dzire he changed his mind and went ahead with the booking (Delivery date: 30th December, 2013 – Congratulations Buddy!). Spoke to him more about the Swift and he was educating me on the savings that I would have if the current Swift is booked over the newer one. Thought about it practically but didn’t ask dad about going ahead and buying the current generation though.

18th December, 2013 – I get my dad’s call at 11:45 am:

Me: Hello
Dad: When are you coming home today, son?!
Me: Will be there by 11 pm.
Dad: Oh! (Tone goes low). Can’t you come by 5pm or so?
Me: Can’t leave early as work load is too much.
Dad: Ok son. Come home, will talk later. Bye!
Me: Bye. I am puzzled further!

A call from dad again at 18:10:

Me: Hello
Dad: Can I talk for a minute if you are free?!
Me: Yes dad, go on
Dad: I need your Ritz by evening or when you are free.
Me: Ok. Please take it but I need it again tomorrow at 5 pm as I have to go for work.
Dad: Ok but…
Me: What but?! (Tensed like the way 10th class results are announced)
Dad: You won’t the Ritz back.
Me: Then how do I go to work? By bike is it?
Dad: No son. Your Swift has come to the showroom and it is ready for delivery now!

2 minutes silence….

Me: Hello!!! You told in March’14, why now?
Dad: Yes son. I know that but I got a good discount on the Swift so I couldn’t resist – Bought it.
Me: I still denied of leaving work and told let’s see for delivery tomorrow.
Dad: He said Ok and hung up.
Me: I was jumping like a jack and had lost my entire mind over the work thinking about the car.

19th December, 2013 – At 13:30 the vehicle was delivered!! Hurray! (More on it below)
a4anurag is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:30   #6
BANNED

Sales and Delivery Experience:

Dealer & City: Varun Motors, Begumpet, Hyderabad.

Booking the car was a no non-sense affair with all paperwork going smoothly. The guys at Maruti True Value inspected the car (Ritz VDi) carefully and had a TD of it before fixing the price for it. After discussing the price given was 3.7L for the Ritz. Dad was happy with that price and went ahead with booking the Swift.

Since the colour I chose was rare and was the minimal selling colour of the Swift, the car was not available for delivery for which we were asked for two days for the arrangement. Dad knew I was particular about the VIN and its details and didn’t want a car manufactured before October’13 so the same was informed clearly while booking.

After one day of booking dad got a call giving the VIN for the Swift which decoded gave the MFD as November’13 (VIN Code – LD). It was brought to the showroom and a through PDI was done by the dealer and on the day of delivery I did the PDI again to reassure myself.

When I was doing the PDI the tyre pressures maintained in all 5 wheels were 53.9 psi. I was shocked to see that pressure and asked for immediate deflation to: F = 32 psi and R = 30 psi.

I had taken my pen drive with a few songs to check on the Audio setup and the best part... The ELM OBD II Reader to ceck for general condition of the car. Just checked whether there was any fault codes stored in the ECU and parameters of the reading as compared to what I used to get in the Ritz. All was ok and normal so I checked the lighting, ACC, fluids with their levels, got the air filter casing opened to check the filter condition – All was OK so went for a short TD (half a km), came back for giving the green signal to dad for signing the dotted line! The odometer at the time of delivery was 10 kms including my short TD.

At 13:00 a picture was taken by the manager, puja was performed and the car was moved out of the dealer’s yard by 13:20. I took the car and went home; dad was still at the dealer to complete the remaining formalities.

-----------------------------------

Took the car to nearest fuel station for a full tank, filled in 40 litres of Normal Diesel and got the air pressures checked again. The bizarre thing is the attendant says the pressures for Swift and Ritz are F=38 psi and R=35 psi. I was shocked, brought him to the drivers side door and educated him for setup. Since it was 14:00, the traffic was more than I expected, best part was all the road users were politely overtaking me without the regular 'Band Baaja' that I used to hear often.

Reached the Temple where I get the puja done at 15:00, completed the whole ritual in about 45 minutes and reached home at 17:30.

Sad part was I had work that day so went to work via the Outer Ring Road as there is No traffic and I can keep varying my speeds without any objection. At work place I took the owners manual with me to study and understand.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd January 2014 at 23:39.
a4anurag is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:41   #7
BANNED

Coming to the car – Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

What I Like:
  • Looks fabulous in Torque Blue with those complimenting alloys
  • Interiors – All black (Integrated HU + ACC)
  • Ergonomics – Steering Controls
  • Driver’s Seat!
  • Steering wheel – The metal part gives me a feel of after market sports steering wheel

What I don’t like:
  • No opening for the boot from Inside
  • Horn pad – Too small
  • Storage spaces, specially the part above the glove box. Not shallow enough to hold anything (Pictures available online looked good but in reality it is deceptive).
  • No rear cup holder
  • No split seats (60:40)

-------------------------------------------------

Design and Looks (Interiors & Exteriors)

‘ADDICTIVE’ is the word I would say for this car in this particular shade with those OEM Alloys. The best view that I feel is from the sides where the long hood and a slanting windshield (goes lower by the time it meets the C-Pillar) give the car a sporty look, aggressive look. Large front door occupies the whole of the side view with a minimal part left to the rear door that reflects on the inside too. I frankly have to say that Maruti have good job by keeping the design of the car similar over the years and just the right tweaking to the needy portions have yielded this model to steal the show. The whole car is neat with not many creases and thing I admire is that they have kept the silencer hidden behind the bumper so the sooth that is released isn’t thrown onto the other users behind.

The interiors of the Swift were never its weakness (till the recent launches of competitor cars). To stay in the game Maruti had to up it by a great margin which I feel that have done it magnificently. The all-black water-fall console and piano black inserts with the correct usage of silver accents have made the car look like a segment above. Soft touch buttons with large white fonts (For the HU and ACC) and the amber lighting give the interiors the feel good factor.

Instrumentation Console (OMG!) – This is the best I have seen any car that is in sale in India. The 5 dials remind me of the Porsche – LOL with the needles having the red light ON always so when looked at the needles in the night (without switching ON the parking lamps) give it a wicked look. The silver outlines with black base plus red needles yields a sporty feel to the person looking at it.

MID – Reads out the following and has two sticks to browse through the same:

1) Outside temperature;
2) Average FE, Instantaneous FE, DTE, Trip meters (A & B);
3) Odometer and
4) Clock.
If the headlamps are ON then the illumination Control (has a wide range of adjustment) for the MID + Dials + ACC + Audio is displayed and can be adjusted using the stick near the Speedometer.

Rating: 10/10

ACC

It is a simple feature that helps in keeping the passengers comfortable and makes them lazier. Just set the desired temperature and press the ‘Auto’ button. The animation and buttons layout is classic with soft touch buttons that give you an assuring feel to be there till the car lasts.

The piano black part enhances the overall feel to the interiors with those white lighting and large fonts where a passenger will never fail to understand the function. In my commute to office and home, I use the ACC 50% of the time with the Temperature set at 24 - 25°C. Chills the cabin in silence without any drop in power.

Rating: 9/10

Ride & Handling

This is the strongest point of the Swift from its birth. I need not write much about it as the whole forum knows about it!

Good:
  • Drivers Car!
  • Planted onto the road
  • Goes where instructed
  • NO Body roll

Bad:
  • Over assisted steering

Rating: 10/10

Engine & Gearbox

I am not new to this setup as it was the same engine in my Ritz and have clocked 1L kms in it so it feels I am driving the older car with new clothing. The run-in period is a bit irritating but only time available to study the car. The run-in limits are mentioned below which I am following currently:

1) 2000 – 2200 rpm till 1000 kms;
2) 2500 rpm till 5000 kms;
3) 3500 rpm till 10000 kms.

The other thing I follow is not maintaining constant speeds. I have felt that the push-back into the seat affect (Turbo Kick) has gone for milder kick that comes in earlier on the rev range. The power delivery is smoother and linear without any jerks as complimented with the nice gearbox and assuring light throws. Doesn't make the passengers aware that the car sports a turbo and it has spooled up.

Rating: 8/10

Fuel Efficiency

During delivery I was informed that the fuel tank contains 5 liters diesel and was advised to fill up at the nearest pump, got her a full tank done.

The MID was kept on Average FE which was showing 22 kmpl when the tank went empty. Re-fuelled her and calculated the FE for the first full. Details below:

1) First full tank:
  • Distance covered – 694 kms
  • Fuel filled – 34.18 L (Auto cut-off)
  • FE – 20.30 kmpl.

The Calculation
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20131228031613.png

2) Second full tank
  • Kms run: 711
  • Fuel filled: 35.68 lts
  • FE: 19.92 kmpl

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-screenshot_20140105232614.png

Variables involved in the FE obtained:

Speeds maintained = 60 – 80 kmph
ACC = 40 – 50%
Roads = 40% City and 60% Highways (medium traffic)
Air Pressure (Tyre) = Front (32 psi) and Rear (30 psi)

Rating: 9/10

Audio Setup

The sound quality is impressive for this price point and that too from an OEM. There are a total of 6 parts in the car comprising of 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The speakers are placed in the doors whereas the tweeters are placed near the ORVM.

My worrying part is that the speakers will lose their quality with the opening and closing of the doors including inducing of rattles. The provision of the steering controls is new to me and highly appreciated from the ergonomics point of view.

Good:
  • Impressive Sound quality
  • Easy to read
  • Simplicity plus usability

Bad:
  • Placement of rear speakers (would have preferred the parcel try than on the doors)
  • No illumination for the instruction over the knobs (volume control and folder browsing)
  • Large fonts
  • No chance of fine tuning

Question to ALL:
1) Can someone tell me which company speakers + tweeters are these?
2) AVC – Read the manual but need help to realize that it works or no!

NVH

I would say there is some more time to give the right judgement in this category as the car is new and yet to run-in fully till its true colours are exposed.

Till date if asked I say the engine silent at all conditions, one needs to look at the rev counter to realize that the engine is humming. On the move the tyre noise is acceptable but the traffic noise in-filters into the cabin.

Rating: 7.5/10

Brakes

Larger booster complimented with the ABS helps things stop better in confidence. No emergency/standing-on the brake pedal has been done till date. When tapped the needle does come down quickly without any drama.

Comfort & Ergonomics

Best place in the whole car is the driver’s seat – large and contoured to make you fit in correctly. Supports the body well without any issue but I feel the travel is less. My leg brushes the steering wheel even with the seat set at the last point and the seat-back angle slightly backwards. The height adjustment for the seat and steering wheel is another feather in the cap, a boon for setting the right position for the driver.

All the controls fall in hand without the need of moving one’s body, thanks to steering controls the concentration can be on the road rather than fiddling with the music system. Only grouse I have is the horn pad that is small and hard to reach when holding the wheel at 11 & 2 O’ clock position. It does get a bit tiring when in city as the usage of horn is a bit higher so I am controlling myself to honk lesser.

Steering:

Ultra-Light!! I feel the steering gives you a feel of over-assisted and a nervous ride at high speeds. The lightness is appreciated at crawling speeds but not at 90 kmph! If a sudden twist is given at the high speeds I can imagine that the car will get its tail out.

Rating: 7/10

Space

Sacrifice has to be done somewhere to gain something! There is hardly any space at the rear, be it the seats and the boot. When the seat is adjusted for my height (5’11”), the rear passenger has to be short to be seated comfortably else the rear passengers knees push the seat back and touch the drivers back which is irritating. I have had a few embarrassing moments when the car was taken for airport pick-up and the lack of boot space made my think – Why Maruti, Why?! Since I am going to be the sole user with only me in the car I have no reason for complaints.

Rating: 7/10.

Visibility

I will say it is average as the A-pillar is large and comes in way while negotiating turns or in city traffic – does create blind spots. The rear visibility is also low as the C-pillar is large making the windows smaller. I will not comment of the rear passenger window as it has been bashed in & out here on Team-BHP.

When the sun is in the direction of travel I have to use the visor to stop the glare. When the visor is at its lowest point it hinders in visibility and is exactly in my line of sight. I just can’t see anything in the front so I have to either bend my head or move the visor away from me. Thanks to the low height of the car with sloping roof line the clearance has become lower. Nothing much can be done other than adjusting myself.

Rating: 6/10

Build Quality

Maruti has improved a lot with the fit and finish being upmarket though not in the league of VW and Hyundai’s. If seen from the cars point of view I like the increase in quality of the parts used with the softness to touch. Maruti being the founder of rattles and the torch bearer the Swift this model has its things set right. Till date no rattles whatsoever and hope it continues the same way. Don’t let me down Maruti!

The other thing that I wanted to mention here is the 'Force' needed to shut the rear hatch! I am afraid that the rear glass will shatter one day with the banging needed to get it shut right!

Is this a design fault or something wrong with the guys on the design table?

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's all from me as of now! Shall keep updating the thread regularly. Signing off here!

Thanks for reading this review and thanks to all BHP'ians who have helped me throughout whether it was online or offline. Sincere thanks to all and my Dad and Mom without whom this dream wouldn't have been fulfilled.

Cheers,
Anurag Shenoy.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th January 2014 at 00:51.
a4anurag is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:51   #8
BANNED

No Ownership thread is complete without pictures of the steed, So here they are:

On the D-Day after filling up its tank
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_131127.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_131139.jpg

The National Engine - 1.3L DDiS
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_134844.jpg

Instrumentation Console - The Best Ever
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_162320.jpg

The Most discussed and Debated Temperature Gauge - Yes! I have it
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_162329.jpg

The ACC and a small lighting provided to illuminate the storage area below:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_162451.jpg

The HU
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_162500.jpg

Front dashboard
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_163155.jpg

The key to joy, thrill and excitement sporting the Team-BHP Key chain
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131220_143956.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd January 2014 at 00:54.
a4anurag is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 01:11   #9
BANNED

More Pictures:

Looks wicked at night when the parking lamps are not switched ON to illuminate the console:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_182800.jpg

After switching ON the headlamps:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131219_182805.jpg

The MID
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131220_024041.jpg

100 kms up
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131220_063612.jpg

500 kms up
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131223_081944.jpg

1000 kms up in 8 days!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131227_070140.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131220_135221.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers ON!

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131228_175443.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131228_172747.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_153327.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_163004.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_163013.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:05   #10
BANNED

UPDATE for the car - 31.12.2013

After reading a lot about 3M car detailing, I went ahead for getting the 3M Paint Sealant Treatment on the car since the car is pretty new so is the paint.

Read the thread posted by BHPian Getsurya:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...hyderabad.html

Went to their outlet (Madhapur, Hyderabad) at 16:00, met the Store Manager (Mr. Arun) and discussed my requirements for the detailing but unfortunately he said the time for the treatment wouldn't be sufficient as they close by 19:00, he asked me come the next day and fixed the appointment at 09:00.

The next day was tied up with work at 09:00 so somehow reached the 3M outlet by 11:30, met Mr. Arun and went ahead with the treatment process.
  • Age of the car: 12 days old from delivery
  • Odometer reading: 1477 kms
  • Treatment Cost: Rs 3290 + Tax = Rs 3696 (Paid)

Seeing the odometer he was taken aback so before proceeding with the treatment he wanted to get the car washed after which he will decide on what treatment is needed. Post the wash he examined the body fully, declared that paint is in good condition so a normal paint sealant treatment is enough. I agreed and asked him to start the process which takes 4 hours.

There were 6 people who were dedicated to my car having a very good eye for detailing with perfection. Every nook and corner was checked and treatment. The guys who were working didn't need to be followed and instructed like a buffalo's herd, they knew what had to be done and how it was to be done (Hats off to Mr. Vinod for training his staff well and educating them). At 14:30, the whole process was completed with the car ready for delivery to me.

Since I was there beside the car observing their action I knew the attention to detail. Checked the car once again and gave the guys a green signal for completion. Paid the bill, thanked Mr. Vinod, Mr. Arun and his staff - wished them happy new year and bid adieu!

Note: Honestly speaking I just didn't feel to drive the car out after the treatment completion. Hats off 3M, just keep up the good work.

A few pictures of the car during WIP and completion:

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_120222.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_120300.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_135009.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_153327.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20131231_170502.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Works Pending:

Will be going to install PPF (Paint Protection Film) on all the four door edges and on all four door handle cups.

Costs involved for the same are:

PPF for all 4 door edges: Rs 728
PPF for all 4 door handle cups: Rs 728

Total is Rs 1456 (incl taxes).

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th January 2014 at 21:26.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 00:07   #11
BANNED

A Few more set of pictures for the viewing pleasure.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_144807.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_144823.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_144838.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_144923.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_145005.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_145327.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_145339.jpg

This particular angle looks like the car is on heels and is ready to roll!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_145451.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_145438.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

A few under body shots
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_184238.jpg

Another random under body shot
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_151919.jpg

The Oil sump
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_184309.jpg

Hella Horn (Water-proof)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_184353.jpg

Front Suspension
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_151545.jpg

Rear Suspension
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_151835.jpg

Heat Shield for the fuel tank
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_151859.jpg

The fuel Tank (Suzuki Energy) - Made of two moulds comprising two material combinations:
  1. PE-HDPE-LLD-EVOH = Polyethylene-High density polyethylene-Linear low density polyethylene-Ethylene vinyl alcohol
  2. PE-HDPE-LLD = Polyethylene-High density polyethylene-Linear low density polyethylene

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_152136.jpg

ABS Module
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_154547.jpg

The whole Engine bay
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_154613.jpg

More Pictures:

Contd...

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th January 2014 at 03:20.
a4anurag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 00:32   #12
BANNED

Pictures (Contd..)

The Waterfall central console at night (The choice of lighting is brilliant, doesn't harm the eyes)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183410.jpg

At Day time:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_154019.jpg

Instrumentation Console
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183433.jpg

The cup/soft drink holder for the passenger
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183530.jpg

Passenger Airbag
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183534.jpg

Driver's Airbag
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183549.jpg

1) Alarm Switch; 2) Front Fog lamp switch & 3) Headlamps levelling switch
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183749.jpg

Tweeters placed on the front door
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183758.jpg

Rear speaker placed on the rear door

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183815.jpg

The whole rear door (Black in and out, Maruti should have continued that silver stripe on the rear door too)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183831.jpg

Rear Bench
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc03937.jpg

Posted this just to show the reflection the dash has onto the windscreen. Pretty painful during sunny days
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc03940.jpg

Tool kit; Hazard Triangle; Spare Bulbs and First Aid Kit
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc03946.jpg

ELM 327 OBD II Port location with the reader plugged in (Doesn't interfere with my legs)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183710.jpg

A longer shot of the foot well and OBD location
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_183741.jpg

Antenna
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140102_184704.jpg

Rear Wiper blade
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc03957.jpg

MRF ZVTV (185/65 R15) - Tyre thread design
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_144751.jpg

Nifty boot Lamp
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_152409.jpg

Spare tyre (It is an Alloy!!)
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_152438.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone explain this to me?!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_073345.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_073339.jpg

Run-in Guide!
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_073433.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140103_152803.jpg

Camera Play
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140105_222410.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140105_222429.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140105_222502.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140105_222513.jpg

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-20140105_222527.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th January 2014 at 03:19.
a4anurag is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:59   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod : Thread is moved from Assembly Line to Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing it
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

So finally the ownership review is up. Congrats bro. Feeling very happy for you. The car looks brilliant in blue. Great choice of colour. Well I don't really have to ask you to take good care
Of the car. You always have kept all
Your cars in pristine condition so the same here.
So when are you coming to pune?
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anurag,

Indeed a fantastic review ,as good as the official review exept the pictures could have been better.
I was surprised that blue was not even there on your initial option list.

Hope to meet you on the 26th meet and drive.
Wishing you a very happy mile munching.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th June 2014 at 08:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks