Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2014, 19:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Congratulations //M for your brand new 2014 Honda City i-DTEC.

City is looking fantastic and head turner in black colour.

It must be a great feeling to drive a diesel Honda City.

Keep us posted.

Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 20:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats //M on the greater drive. I personally drove the car thrice but thought that it makes more sense as a neutral car than an exciting car. The space inside is mindblowing and so is the cool looking touch panel HVAC controls. Go for tyre upgrade immediately to enjoy the car.

***** rated.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 21:58   #18
BHPian

Congratulations //M. Really nice looking Honda City. So many pictures from all angles and details, were really helpful to get a good idea.

Honda is one name many admire for quality and looks. To top it, now there is a diesel version available. It will certainly give a tough competition to cars like Vento TDI. Many wanting a C2 class diesel having no option in Honda earlier had gone in for Vento TDI. It will be interesting to see the sales graph for Honda in the coming months, now that they have another diesel on top of Amaze in their stable.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 23:55   #19
BHPian

Finally the first ownership report of the '14 city is here. Congratulation, it is certainly a looker in black. You were lucky to get yours so early.
How does the engine perform at higher speeds? Does the sixth cog help mask the additional weight in comparison to the Amaze?
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 10:12   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new City. Nice choice of colour, looks winsome in pearl black. The chrome grill goes very well on black unlike the garish stance on other colours. Wishing you and your family many cheerful moments with your new acquisition. By the way
I guess the road tax in Jharkand is very low (Is it around 3.6%?). Lucky you, we pay 14% in our state.
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 11:02   #21
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
How does the engine perform at higher speeds? Does the sixth cog help mask the additional weight in comparison to the Amaze?
Its still in the run-in period so have not taken it to three-digit speeds yet. But the gears do have a short ratio so at higher speeds the 6th gear would definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I guess the road tax in Jharkand is very low (Is it around 3.6%?). Lucky you, we pay 14% in our state.
Yes very low indeed. That's why a lot of supercars and luxury cars get registered here. One can save upto 50-60 lakhs of taxes on a Ferrari Italia if registered in Jharkhand rather than Maharashtra or Karnataka.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 20:25   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Hi, congrats on your new car, I think you become the first BHPian to own and update it on this site. Correct me if I am wrong.

The colour looks really nice, and I do appreciate your having chosen this car over others. This will surely rule the roads in next few months from now. I was reading in the Times of India today that Hyundai Verna has already started to sweat and Hyundai has added some features here and there.

This car poses a serious threat to the competetion and I wish you miles and miles of happy motoring.

I shall wait for more updates and pictures from you.
Thank You mints21. The City indeed is racking up bookings and being a Honda, I am sure it will set the sales chart on fire. I will update more about the car in due time with more pictures too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey,
You are the first bhpian to take delivery of the new Honda city.congrats

Its truly magnificent , much better than in the pictures.Good choice of colour.

I loved the styling, at one time I was tempted to trade in my civic automatic(GTO advised me against trading in the civic and I totally agree with him)

Hope to see you upgrade the tyres and alloys (not a big fan of the fan like alloys)
Happy motoring and I assume your thread will be helpful for many bhpians
Thank you ecosport rules. The black indeed is a head turner. The tyres and alloys will be upgraded only when my dad feels the need for it. Currently he's in no mood to upgrade even though I have I told him that the rubbers do need an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearty congratulations to you and your family, my friend!

The black City is a stunner, indeed. And the color compliments the car really well. The curves don't look too garish and are well-hidden. And the black + chrome combination is a delight for the onlooker! Smokin' hot finish, I must say.

Wishing you plenty of happy memories, moments and miles ahead (get it? M&M&Ms to go with //M ).

Rev her hard, but drive safe!
Thank you RavenAvi. Smoking hot it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations //M for the best piece of engineering and the BEST colour for a sedan.

If it is a car, it has to be a Honda!

A performer with the piece of ownership is what I am sure you'll be having and this being the first car on Team-BHP you'll be bombarded with questions etc, so be prepared!

Wish you million of happy miles.

Anurag.
That's true anurag. Thank You so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Congratulations to you //M for going for the City.
The black sedan looks awesome.
Drive safe!
Thank You sir !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Your black sedan looks gorgeous. I'm yet to spot a 2014 Honda City in Bangalore. I somehow didn't like the front grill with the color in the official review but it complements well with black color. Wishing you many more happy and safe miles with you car.
Thank You sir. The deliveries in Bangalore will start by the end of January I believe. I also did not like the grill at all till i saw it in a black City. It compliments better in a black car.
Old 19th January 2014, 21:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the City, Anurabh.

Its a wonderful purchase and the car would be brilliant for several years to come.
Having had all 3 generations of the City at home, you all know, how crazy I am about one.

The color looks great. Please post some more pictures of the car.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 02:11   #24
BHPian

Superb superb superb! The black city is indeed quite a looker! Having driven the diesel amaze with the same engine, how is the comparison in terms of road manners? Does it behave similarly as the amaze?
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 11:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Arunabh,

Though coming late, but please accept my best wishes on the fantastic choice that you have made. Not too many 2014 Citys on Ranchi roads as of now, so I know its you when I spot a new shining City in black! And thank you for such a detailed review and stunning photographs in tonnes. The city is on my radar too...however, may be not very soon since the old boy is still going pretty strong.

Wishing you & your family happy happy miles with the City. Drive safe. Would love to catch up if you are still in Ranchi.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 20th January 2014 at 11:40.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on the car //M. Honda City no doubt is one of the finest piece of engineering ever produced in India, generations after generations. I have been owning the third generation one for last 2 years, and every-time I fire her up, she puts me to smile. City, has a simple philosophy, Love her and she loves you back. Tire upgrades would be required immediately in case you plan to use the car extensively on the highways. Congratulations once again and enjoy the ride for years to come.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 12:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!

Honda 'name' + reliability + quality, fit & finish + good service network + fuel economy + reasonable pricing + good GC (major grouse of Civic owners) + liberal chrome :-) + interior space especially rear + large boot + loads of beige!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 21:52   #28
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations //M for your brand new 2014 Honda City i-DTEC.

City is looking fantastic and head turner in black colour.

It must be a great feeling to drive a diesel Honda City.

Keep us posted.

Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving!
Thank You bluevolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congrats //M on the greater drive. I personally drove the car thrice but thought that it makes more sense as a neutral car than an exciting car. The space inside is mindblowing and so is the cool looking touch panel HVAC controls. Go for tyre upgrade immediately to enjoy the car.

***** rated.
Thanks a lot Sir !! The touch panel is indeed a cool touch. Feels great to use too. Tyre upgrades will happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations //M. Really nice looking Honda City. So many pictures from all angles and details, were really helpful to get a good idea.

Honda is one name many admire for quality and looks. To top it, now there is a diesel version available. It will certainly give a tough competition to cars like Vento TDI. Many wanting a C2 class diesel having no option in Honda earlier had gone in for Vento TDI. It will be interesting to see the sales graph for Honda in the coming months, now that they have another diesel on top of Amaze in their stable.
Thank You geotracks. The sales graph will surely point northwards it seems, going by the number of bookings the City has racked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Congratulations on the City, Anurabh.

Its a wonderful purchase and the car would be brilliant for several years to come.
Having had all 3 generations of the City at home, you all know, how crazy I am about one.

The color looks great. Please post some more pictures of the car.
Thanks Rohin. I am aware of your love with the City but I think more than any City, the E-Class has now pulled the strings of your heart.

More pics will be put up very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Superb superb superb! The black city is indeed quite a looker! Having driven the diesel amaze with the same engine, how is the comparison in terms of road manners? Does it behave similarly as the amaze?
Thank You createrkid. I feel the City's steering is better weighted than the Amaze's atleast in urban conditions and also the diesel clatter felt slightly lesser. However the City feels bigger than it is but the light steering makes the work easy in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hey Arunabh,

Though coming late, but please accept my best wishes on the fantastic choice that you have made. Not too many 2014 Citys on Ranchi roads as of now, so I know its you when I spot a new shining City in black! And thank you for such a detailed review and stunning photographs in tonnes. The city is on my radar too...however, may be not very soon since the old boy is still going pretty strong.

Wishing you & your family happy happy miles with the City. Drive safe. Would love to catch up if you are still in Ranchi.

Regards,
Saket
Thank You Saket sir. Ours is the second City delivered. The first one was a white one belonging to a customer in Belair. It won't be spotted too often I believe as the owner prefers to drive his Audi A6 and his Range Rover Evoque more than any of his other cars.

And yes I am in Ranchi and really eager to meet you. Will drop you a PM regarding this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations on the car //M. Honda City no doubt is one of the finest piece of engineering ever produced in India, generations after generations. I have been owning the third generation one for last 2 years, and every-time I fire her up, she puts me to smile. City, has a simple philosophy, Love her and she loves you back. Tire upgrades would be required immediately in case you plan to use the car extensively on the highways. Congratulations once again and enjoy the ride for years to come.
Thank You sawnilrules. Tire upgrades will happen in sometime, maybe during the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congrats!

Honda 'name' + reliability + quality, fit & finish + good service network + fuel economy + reasonable pricing + good GC (major grouse of Civic owners) + liberal chrome :-) + interior space especially rear + large boot + loads of beige!
Thanks a lot itwasntme. That's true about the City and the Honda badge. Everything about the car is perfect. The only two concerns are the noticeable diesel clatter and the undersized tyres.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:02   #29
BHPian

Congratulations again // M. The car in black looks pretty good but you would be having a tough time keeping it clean though .
Thanks for a crisp review and details, I would request you to keep adding information as and when available and you find sometime.
I know mileage is something which is too early to find out as the car has still not opened up , however feedback on ride quality and the behavior of the car on full load would be highly appreciated (just in case if you have a chance to ride on full load).
Drive safe and keep posting as there are many like me glued to this thread.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:56   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The frontward visibility from the driver's seat. As with most sedans, the nose of the car is not visible.
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00593.jpg

The front seats are good in comfort. Beige interiors compliment well with a black exterior.
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00622.jpg

Front door pockets easily hold a 1 litre bottle.
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00542.jpg

The rear seats are perfectly angled. Lots of legroom too.
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00687.jpg
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00697.jpg

ORVM's are fairly large.
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00648.jpg
//M is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed