Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:51   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Congrats on the car. Its a real good looker. This is the first review of the Latest Honda city(LHC ) that I came across. Just a suggestion - Get some protection film by 3M or similar onto the piano black panels. They will preserve the finish in the long term since the piano black panels can get scratched very easily, even while wiping. Hence, do consider a protective measure.

Drive safe and always wear your seatbelts!
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations! Wish you nothing but sheer joy!
Is there a typo in the road tax?? We pay atleast 3-4 times more than that!!

Registration and Road Tax:
Rs 41,385
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:52   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congrats on the car. Its a real good looker. This is the first review of the Latest Honda city(LHC ) that I came across. Just a suggestion - Get some protection film by 3M or similar onto the piano black panels. They will preserve the finish in the long term since the piano black panels can get scratched very easily, even while wiping. Hence, do consider a protective measure.

Drive safe and always wear your seatbelts!
Many thanks audioholic.

Yes protection films on the piano finish is something that I was considering too. The dash might get scratches otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Many congratulations! Wish you nothing but sheer joy!
Is there a typo in the road tax?? We pay atleast 3-4 times more than that!!

Registration and Road Tax:
Rs 41,385
Thanks Equus !!

No typo there. I know what you have been thinking but taxes in Jharkhand are very very low hence the road tax doesn't runs into six-figures for even a 20-lakh car. I have had two-wheelers during my stay in Tamil-Nadu so I know that taxes there are quite high there. Jharkhand registration is relatively cheaper.
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats //M on being the first BHPian to own the F/L ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

No typo there. I know what you have been thinking but taxes in Jharkhand are very very low hence the road tax doesn't runs into six-figures for even a 20-lakh car.
At 42k, your road tax bro is almost cheaper than some of the insurance cost that we folks in Karnataka pay for our dream drives !!

I was as well zapped when I read that Road Tax figure and only felt jealous imagining that I have paid nearly 80k for my Getz Prime in 2010, KA registration. Phew !!......God Bless Jharkand.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:24   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Yes protection films on the piano finish is something that I was considering too. The dash might get scratches otherwise.
I agree with Audioholic and do suggest it.

Get the Paint sealant treatment and PPF also added onto the front & rear bumpers and all 4 door handles cups + door edges.

I have done the same for my Swift.

Since there is no glue used it is removable and won't leave any stains.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:35   #36
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats //M on being the first BHPian to own the F/L ANHC.

At 42k, your road tax bro is almost cheaper than some of the insurance cost that we folks in Karnataka pay for our dream drives !!

I was as well zapped when I read that Road Tax figure and only felt jealous imagining that I have paid nearly 80k for my Getz Prime in 2010, KA registration. Phew !!......God Bless Jharkand.
Thank you Vik0728.

Due to the relatively cheap road tax here, we were able to stretch our budget for the VX version, else we would have settled for a SV or a V version of the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree with Audioholic and do suggest it.

Get the Paint sealant treatment and PPF also added onto the front & rear bumpers and all 4 door handles cups + door edges.

I have done the same for my Swift.

Since there is no glue used it is removable and won't leave any stains.

Anurag.
Thank You sir. I will consider all that you mentioned so that in the long run, the car looks as good as new.

Will there be an obvious "sticker" like mark if the PPF is applied? I would be glad if you could share some pictures of your Swift with the PPF done.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:42   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Thank You sir. I will consider all that you mentioned so that in the long run, the car looks as good as new.

Will there be an obvious "sticker" like mark if the PPF is applied? I would be glad if you could share some pictures of your Swift with the PPF done.
Here you go boss. These are the pictures of the PPF installed for the door handle cups and door edges.

Door handle cups:
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140112_181103.jpg

Door edges:
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140112_181133.jpg

NOTE: The flash of the camera is making it look awkward but in daylight it is hardly visible. Shall post day light pictures tomorrow. Sorry!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd January 2014 at 23:43.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:50   #38
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The flash of the camera is making it look awkward but in daylight it is hardly visible. Shall post day light pictures tomorrow. Sorry!

Anurag.
Yes the flash makes it look quite obvious. However, its a nice touch to keep scratches at bay. Waiting for the daylight pics.

Thanks a lot for the pics.
Old 23rd January 2014, 00:11   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the flash makes it look quite obvious. However, its a nice touch to keep scratches at bay. Waiting for the daylight pics.

Thanks a lot for the pics.
Any time buddy. To make things easy for you, this is what I have been charged.

This bill is of the Foam Wash + PPF
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140123_000038.jpg

This bill is of the Paint Sealant Treatment (Expect the prices to be on similar lines for the Honda City):
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140123_000117.jpg

All the best and wishing you happier miles.

NOTE to you & all City D owners who are migrating from older versions of the City: Fill in Diesel and NOT Petrol due to habit!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quite a detailed review you've got there!

Congratulations on the new City. Honda has always been my favored brand. We've owned the Old Honda City in the past and the new one, although nothing like its older avatars, hopefully is as solid, reliable and a pleasure to drive.

Wishing you many safe miles. Drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Car - looks awesome I have booked the HC2014 Diesel V Variant and will be signing the paperwork tomorrow...Can you share some details on the mileage you are seeing on the car in city driving and highway driving (if you had a chance already)?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 16:20   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on the new buy!!

Honda city is always my preferred car when it comes to good looking sedans in India and new gen model has just increased my perception about the brand. With black color I must say she really looks hot, especially I liked the BMW look alike rear end. Anyways congrats once again for buying the beauty and I wish you have much cherished moments in comings days to come, drive safe
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 20:43   #43
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Can you share some details on the mileage you are seeing on the car in city driving and highway driving (if you had a chance already)?
Some pictures of the multi-information display meter:

Now I am not sure about this, but the fuel efficiency figure shows an unbelievable 24.4 kpl while the trip B is displayed
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00690.jpg

Time, total kms done, trip A and outside temperature
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00691.jpg

Time, range (distance to empty meter), trip A and outside temperature
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00692.jpg

Time, amazing 21.8 kpl on the highway at speeds around 70 kph, trip A and outside temperature
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00693.jpg

Last edited by //M : 24th January 2014 at 20:45.
//M is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 07:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

I saw some discussions around tyre upgrade here as well. Has anyone spoken to the Honda Service Personnel to understand what type of tyre upgrades are within the warranty? I spoke to a Technical Service person @Dakshin Honda and he recommended not to upsize but to stick to the same size of tyres as he claims Honda has tested the vehicle thoroughly with that size of tyres and he would not recommend any form of deviation from the spec. Is anything related to recommended tyre sizes mentioned in the manual?
Old 26th January 2014, 16:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hello Anurabh, though a bit late to post on this thread, nevetheless many congratulations on getting the black beauty. This is one of the hottest threads for all the aspiring (not just City owners), but for the Jazz & Mobilio owners as well.

One quick question. Did you get a chance to touch the 100 kmph mark in the 6th gear? If yes then what is the engine rpm at the one tonne mark when in 6th gear?

Most Viewed