Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 00:21   #46
BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Great buy M//. Congrats!! I am currently riding on Suzuki Sx4 2007, Temptations already started for me to change my car, probably by another Black ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I saw some discussions around tyre upgrade here as well. Has anyone spoken to the Honda Service Personnel to understand what type of tyre upgrades are within the warranty? I spoke to a Technical Service person @Dakshin Honda and he recommended not to upsize but to stick to the same size of tyres as he claims Honda has tested the vehicle thoroughly with that size of tyres and he would not recommend any form of deviation from the spec. Is anything related to recommended tyre sizes mentioned in the manual?
@vsrivatsa Then how come the same Honda City is available with different tyres 185/55R16 in other countries? Does it mean that Malaysian version was tested with a different tires? This question is not for you but to @Dakshin, if you have time please ask him the same. I believe that outgoing City's tires are not too different from ANHC!

Pls see this link
http://honda.com.my/model/specifications/city

Last edited by dilsoft : 27th January 2014 at 00:22.
Old 27th January 2014, 07:39   #47
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw some discussions around tyre upgrade here as well. Has anyone spoken to the Honda Service Personnel to understand what type of tyre upgrades are within the warranty? I spoke to a Technical Service person @Dakshin Honda and he recommended not to upsize but to stick to the same size of tyres as he claims Honda has tested the vehicle thoroughly with that size of tyres and he would not recommend any form of deviation from the spec. Is anything related to recommended tyre sizes mentioned in the manual?
I was also told not to upgrade the stock tyres but then yes at times you feel fatter rubber will improve the dynamics. People who have driven the Fiat's, Ford's and VW's regularly will obviously find the tyres skinny. But since I have been driving a Hyundai Santro for the past so many years, I feel the grip levels are adequate but the dynamics can ofcourse improve with an upgrade like in a Linea or in a Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

One quick question. Did you get a chance to touch the 100 kmph mark in the 6th gear? If yes then what is the engine rpm at the one tonne mark when in 6th gear?
No Auto Indian, I have not yet touched the 100 kph mark. I will let you know more as and when I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Great buy M//. Congrats!! I am currently riding on Suzuki Sx4 2007, Temptations already started for me to change my car, probably by another Black ANHC
Thank You dilsoft. We bought the City as the car will be used only by my parents and the sheer reliability and pleasure of owning a Honda was the decision maker. However, if I had to buy a car for myself, I may have chose to wait for the upcoming Linea 1.6 Diesel. So test drive all cars in the price range before you decide. Since you have a SX4, you may wait for the upcoming Maruti sedan that will replace the SX4. Happy choosing.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 10:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I was also told not to upgrade the stock tyres but then yes at times you feel fatter rubber will improve the dynamics. People who have driven the Fiat's, Ford's and VW's regularly will obviously find the tyres skinny. But since I have been driving a Hyundai Santro for the past so many years, I feel the grip levels are adequate but the dynamics can ofcourse improve with an upgrade like in a Linea or in a Vento.
Thanks for the update. Does the Manual specify the correct rim size for the City as I am unable to find it on the website. Is it 15 x 5J or 15 x 5.5J?
Old 27th January 2014, 10:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:

No Auto Indian, I have not yet touched the 100 kph mark. I will let you know more as and when I do that.

Thank You dilsoft. We bought the City as the car will be used only by my parents and the sheer reliability and pleasure of owning a Honda was the decision maker. However, if I had to buy a car for myself, I may have chose to wait for the upcoming Linea 1.6 Diesel. So test drive all cars in the price range before you decide. Since you have a SX4, you may wait for the upcoming Maruti sedan that will replace the SX4. Happy choosing.
Just off topic: Yes, eagerly waiting for sx4 replacement YL1, but I have decided to go for a AT due to knee problem. I am not sure if YL1 can come up with a CVT kind of AT gearbox considering the limited success of Maruti cars w.r.t AT in the past.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:06   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit late entry to the thread! Congrats on the latest City and first of it's kind (oil burner). Hope you have a great time with the machine and we get to read a good ownership report covering lakhs of kilometers!

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 19:32   #51
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Does the Manual specify the correct rim size for the City as I am unable to find it on the website. Is it 15 x 5J or 15 x 5.5J?
As Avi has pointed out in the official review thread, it must be 5.5J
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3355181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Just off topic: Yes, eagerly waiting for sx4 replacement YL1, but I have decided to go for a AT due to knee problem. I am not sure if YL1 can come up with a CVT kind of AT gearbox considering the limited success of Maruti cars w.r.t AT in the past.
The City CVT will be the one to wait for in that case. The first test drive cars should arrive post-Auto Expo I believe.
Old 28th January 2014, 03:03   #52
BHPian

Congrats on the new car! Its absolutely stunning in black! Here's to you enjoying a safe and happy ride always.

Any idea why they curved the exhaust pipe downward.? Would this create a problem if you wade into water-logged roads?
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 17:36   #53
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Front illuminated scuff plates
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00747.jpg
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00748.jpg

Front floor mats
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00749.jpg

Rear floor mats
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00751.jpg

Rear non-illuminated scuff plates
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00752.jpg
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 17:58   #54
BHPian

Congrats on being one of the first few owners of the new City Diesel and welcome to the Honda family. I am sure that you will have a very good Honda experience.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:04   #55
BHPian

Wow congrats on the purchase. The car looks good and
black definitely looks great. Take care and drive safe.

Amazing mileage figures !!
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:26   #56
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Any idea why they curved the exhaust pipe downward.? Would this create a problem if you wade into water-logged roads?
Maybe it is done because diesel cars produce some amount of soot (impure carbon particles) during hard acceleration, so manufacturers provide downward facing pipes to avoid soot emission directly on the car/bike behind. Just a guess.

In water-logged roads, yes a few millimetres of difference between the heights of straight exhaust pipes and downward pointed pipes may be an issue. However, it is more or less the same problem in either case.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:53   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Other than keeping the rear end clean without anything looking incomplete there is not much more that is attributed to the curvy end pipe and yes, the sooth will not be thrown directly on the road users behind (as said by //M)!

Anurag.
Old 28th January 2014, 20:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Front illuminated scuff plates
The LED scuff plates look marvellous on those sills. Are these Honda official accessories or after market ones? Please share the cost as well.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 28th January 2014 at 20:18.
Old 28th January 2014, 21:01   #59
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
The LED scuff plates look marvellous on those sills. Are these Honda official accessories or after market ones? Please share the cost as well.
Yes those are original Honda accessories. However they cost a bomb at INR 4,999 for the whole set (two front door illuminated plates and two rear door non-illuminated plates).
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 23:16   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes those are original Honda accessories. However they cost a bomb at INR 4,999 for the whole set (two front door illuminated plates and two rear door non-illuminated plates).
Much cheaper than the ones on my Pegasus, which cost over 10K for a similar set.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3134034

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks