Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 19:52   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
On a recent drive to Jamshedpur (approx 300 km round trip), I received an average fuel economy figures of 22-23 kpl with a maximum of 23.2 kpl at speeds around 60-80 kph.
Pretty good , I see the speeds you maintained did the trick and the reading was close to the 26kmpl they actually claimed in test conditions.
As harry already pointed out kindly let us know the numbers in city traffic and also if you have checked the average in the standard tank up to tank up method to get more accurate numbers.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 7th February 2014, 23:54   #77
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Hi //M,

Did you get anything done to protect the piano black console? I'm not sure if it is that prone to scratches in first place. I've visited 2 Honda dealers where the TD/display vehicle has been there for almost a month now but I haven't seen any scratches yet. As these vehicles are prone to a lot more of abuse due to folks trying to feel the panel, I was expecting the scratches to show up.
I haven't done anything as of now. My friend's Duster has piano black interiors and he has been using/abusing it for the last 2 years without a single scratch in the interiors. This gives me some amount of confidence that the panels won't catch marks soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice average.
What's the average in city driving?
Average city driving has been around 16-18 kpl so far. All the fuel efficiency figures I have mentioned and claimed so far has been with the AC on at most times. Infact the 23.2 kpl figure was achieved with the AC running.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:45   #78

Question 1 - What is a pearl finish and its difference with the non pearl finish.
Question 2 - What is the difference in buying a non-metallic white color vs metallic white , are these different?
Question 3 to all BHPians esp from Bengaluru - Is there any difference in rate/ freebies on offer if one buys from Dakshin Honda / Whitefield Honda / Magnum Honda
Old 10th February 2014, 21:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Question 3 to all BHPians esp from Bengaluru - Is there any difference in rate/ freebies on offer if one buys from Dakshin Honda / Whitefield Honda / Magnum Honda
I checked Dakshin and Magnum and found no difference in pricing. Magnum seemed flexible and said we could change color and variant post confirmation while Dakshin put pressure that I finalize color and variant ASAP. Since its a new launch I doubt if its possible to get any freebies...As I had done a pre-launch booking with Dakshin I went and ahead and got the car from Dakshin Honda Lavelle Road.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I checked Dakshin and Magnum and found no difference in pricing. Magnum seemed flexible and said we could change color and variant post confirmation while Dakshin put pressure that I finalize color and variant ASAP. Since its a new launch I doubt if its possible to get any freebies...As I had done a pre-launch booking with Dakshin I went and ahead and got the car from Dakshin Honda Lavelle Road.
I agree. One minor thing I noticed though is that for Dealer Essential Kit on (Car cover + Floor mats), Dakshin was charging 3000 while Magnum was charging 3500. BTW, when I booked my car at Dakshin, I asked them to take off the Body Cover (INR 1500) as I know I'm not going to use the same.

By the way, one member in the forum was able to get some discounts from dealer on all Honda official accessory (not in Bangalore). I haven't checked/negotiated regarding the same yet but that is one thing you may want to check on, assuming you are planning to install a decent amount of the same.

Last edited by neel911 : 11th February 2014 at 10:04.
Old 11th February 2014, 21:09   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the flash makes it look quite obvious. However, its a nice touch to keep scratches at bay. Waiting for the daylight pics.
Sorry buddy as I had promised the PPF pictures in the daylight so here it is. Wasn't able to move as I was bedridden due to a operation. Now I am able to hence here they go.

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140211_172706.jpg

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-20140211_172715.jpg

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 09:25   #82
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, one member in the forum was able to get some discounts from dealer on all Honda official accessory (not in Bangalore). I haven't checked/negotiated regarding the same yet but that is one thing you may want to check on, assuming you are planning to install a decent amount of the same.
I got a dealer discount of 15% on the accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry buddy as I had promised the PPF pictures in the daylight so here it is. Wasn't able to move as I was bedridden due to a operation. Now I am able to hence here they go.
Thanks a lot for the pictures Sir. The PPF film certainly would suit the purpose. However Ranchi has no 3M outlet and also I have serious doubts about the quality of work of other detailing stores here.

Last edited by //M : 12th February 2014 at 09:26.
Old 16th February 2014, 15:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Can you share something about your 1st Service Experience and what was done? I am at 800 kms currently and will need to head for the 1st Service in a week's time...
Old 17th February 2014, 23:10   #84
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share something about your 1st Service Experience and what was done? I am at 800 kms currently and will need to head for the 1st Service in a week's time...
1st service update:

The first free service of the City was done at an odo reading of 979 kms. General checkup, air filter clean-up, brake fluid check-up, a check-up of lights and other controls were done.

A quick look at the number of things mentioned in page 408 of the user-manual regarding periodic maintenance and service details will be certainly helpful before going in for the free service.

Post-service I haven't got much chance to drive the City as I had been outstation for a few days and the weather has been so pleasant in Ranchi that for the last one week I have been using my Classic 500 Desert Storm for my daily commute. However my parents use the City on a regular basis and they are quite content with the space and comfort levels, easy-to-drive nature and the zero turbo-lag of the motor.

Few pics taken at the service station.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01033.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01034.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01035.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01056.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01038.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01039.jpg  

//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 07:34   #85
BANNED

Quote:

1st service update:

The first free service of the City was done at an odo reading of 979 kms. General checkup, air filter clean-up, brake fluid check-up, a check-up of lights and other controls were done.
What was the final amount that you paid for the first service?

Is your car a month old? When is the engine oil changed? Is Synthetic oil or Mineral oil filled from factory?

Anurag.
Old 18th February 2014, 08:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
1st service update:

Did you get oil changed as well? In lot of articles, I see that it is recommended to change oil during 1st Service as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What was the final amount that you paid for the first service?

Is your car a month old? When is the engine oil changed? Is Synthetic oil or Mineral oil filled from factory?

Anurag.
I'll let //M comment if things have changed with the latest version, but Honda City does not come with Synthetic oil. Also, it is recommended to use Synthetic Oil typically after 10K KMS. Very nice article by one of our moderators: GTO here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html
Old 18th February 2014, 10:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1st service update:The first free service of the City was done at an odo reading of 979 kms. General checkup, air filter clean-up, brake fluid check-up, a check-up of lights and other controls were done.

A quick look at the number of things mentioned in page 408 of the user-manual regarding periodic maintenance and service details will be certainly helpful before going in for the free service. Few pics taken at the service station.
Thanks for the update.

I had a question on Cruise Control Operation. It does not seem to be working right or maybe I am not doing something right. I cross the speed beyond 40 kmph, maybe around 60 and then I press the Cruise and I see the Cruise Main button come on. Then I lift my foot off the accelerator and press the Set button on the steering. The Cruise Control does not seem to get activated. I

s there anything else I need to be doing? It is not that it has never worked, when I checked initially I remember it did work 2-3 times when I had tested it but it does not seem to be getting activated on a consistent basis anymore.
Old 18th February 2014, 10:42   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the update.

I had a question on Cruise Control Operation. It does not seem to be working right or maybe I am not doing something right. I cross the speed beyond 40 kmph, maybe around 60 and then I press the Cruise and I see the Cruise Main button come on. Then I lift my foot off the accelerator and press the Set button on the steering. The Cruise Control does not seem to get activated. I
Keep your foot on the accelerator till you press set, then another light should light up in the instrument cluster. It won't set if your foot isn't on the accelerator.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 10:44   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get oil changed as well? In lot of articles, I see that it is recommended to change oil during 1st Service as well.

Honda City does not come with Synthetic oil.
The oil will be changed at 10000km. Honda uses a proprietary semi synth engine oil for the iDTEC. The exact viscosity is not shared. But from what I know, it is close to 5W30.
Old 18th February 2014, 13:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The oil will be changed at 10000km. Honda uses a proprietary semi synth engine oil for the iDTEC. The exact viscosity is not shared. But from what I know, it is close to 5W30.
Snippet from Team-BHP link (I'm not sure if applicable for Honda City though): "Team-BHP recommends that you change your engine oil after the first 1,000 km. As with all new engines, you will find that some metal slivers have found their way into the oil. From this point onward you can stick to the manufacturer recommended intervals."

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed