Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Re: My White Knight: '14 Audi A4 TDI 177 BHP with Drive Select

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Nice detailed review. Gave me a good picture of the whole process.

Isn't that dangerous ?. That too with airbags.

Even if seat belts are worn, it is not advisable to hold a small child in the lap because of the airbags.
Thanks Vivriti. Glad you enjoyed it.

I am aware its dangerous to have the child in the mothers lap due to airbags in case of a collision. I am not going with the explanation that I drive carefully.

Since the car was new and now my daughter has got used to it I have started to seat her in the back with seatbelts. If she doesn't sit, once we travel a few kms she always feels sleepy and I shift her to the backseat then. Carrying a cushion in the car always helps too.

The car has airbags on the sides of the rear seats too, so have to be place the head of the child away from the airbags.
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 17:01   #17
BHPian

Where can I find Audi A4 Front Grill in Mumbai

Hi,

I just got the Audi A4 Premium edition. The Stock grills are matt in colour, I would like to upgrade them to a Chrome grill like the one on the RS4. Any idea where can I find them in Mumbai.

Any contact along with any pricing details will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 19th March 2014, 21:25   #18
BANNED

Re: Where can I find Audi A4 Front Grill in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Hi,

I just got the Audi A4 Premium edition. The Stock grills are matt in colour, I would like to upgrade them to a Chrome grill like the one on the RS4. Any idea where can I find them in Mumbai.

Thanks.
Why not ask Audi themselves for the front grille?

Rather than scouting around, ask them and get the OE part along peace of mind.

Else if you have any friend outside India, they can get it when they come.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 12:48   #19
BHPian

Re: Where can I find Audi A4 Front Grill in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi there..Sorry for the delay. Everything gets done at the dealership. Just contact the accessory division at the dealership.

As I have mentioned earlier in the review, front grill can be painted glossy black for about 10k.

Chrome strips can be added to them for another 10k.

All works will be done by the dealer itself as the grill painting requires the bumper to be dismantled which needs authorized and trained mechanics.

One of my friend also had the roof painted black on his white A6 for about 15k which looks awesome too.

Good luck.
Old 19th April 2014, 09:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
DISCLAIMER

Correct me if I’m wrong but being a Multitronic CVT does it really have gears? I am still under the impression it does not, but maybe to give you that sporty mental feeling when you see the gears!!
It becomes a step CVT where it has pre-set gear ratios from 1st-7th. The lowest and highest ratios remain same. Is the car jerky at low speeds?
Old 21st April 2014, 11:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarguy View Post
It becomes a step CVT where it has pre-set gear ratios from 1st-7th. The lowest and highest ratios remain same. Is the car jerky at low speeds?
It shows M1, M2 and so on in Manual/Triptronic mode and S1, S2 and so on in sport mode. I believe its till 7 but I have never seen 7 so far The car is a dream to drive and I find it completely jerk free at any speeds low or high.
Old 6th August 2014, 16:34   #22
BHPian

Hey, I would like to know how much you paid for the A4 OTR ?
My father is interested in the A4 2.0 TDI 177bhp with Drive Select Premium Edition model. The Bangalore/Hosur dealer quoted us a price of 43 lacs OTR. Is this too steep ? The financing options really look good though.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Hey, I would like to know how much you paid for the A4 OTR ?
My father is interested in the A4 2.0 TDI 177bhp with Drive Select Premium Edition model. The Bangalore/Hosur dealer quoted us a price of 43 lacs OTR. Is this too steep ? The financing options really look good though.
I have mentioned the split up in the opening post under the head PRICE. Totals come up to about 35.432 lacs. But then I did pay in December 2013 and they have jacked up the price twice since I believe. Also I think the tax has also been hiked since.

Ex showroom prices are mentioned in their website. What matters is how much discount is the dealer giving you and whether the tax is calculated after the discounted amount or not?
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
DISCLAIMER

I haven't written like this since after college and its been a while so please bear with me and forgive me if i don't make any sense sometime.
Hi, The pictures of your car from this thread seem to have been pilfered and used without permission and I found the advertisement on the website carwale.com suspect as well. I have included the link here for ease of reference. Please choose to take this up as you may deem fit. I was browsing used cars on the website and also reading your thread when I came across the pictures which are exact copies of yours. Thanks, Harish

Link: http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...rk=1&isP=false
TheBigH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 19:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I have mentioned the split up in the opening post under the head PRICE. Totals come up to about 35.432 lacs. But then I did pay in December 2013 and they have jacked up the price twice since I believe. Also I think the tax has also been hiked since.

Ex showroom prices are mentioned in their website. What matters is how much discount is the dealer giving you and whether the tax is calculated after the discounted amount or not?
Hi sir, How has your experience been with the A4 last two years? Have you faced any major issues, etc. with the car in terms of service? How much does a regular service cost yearly? Im thinking of buying the current A4 but for some reason it is not being offered with parking plus. Anways, i'm getting a discount of 10 lakhs on the OTR price! Kindly let me know any advice/tips you have....
Old 20th June 2016, 10:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Hi sir, How has your experience been with the A4 last two years? Have you faced any major issues, etc. with the car in terms of service? How much does a regular service cost yearly?
Hi kiran, my experience has been fantastic so far..Touchwood. My usage is minimal though as i prefer small cars around town. I am only just about to complete 10000 kms in 2 years.

Have done two services-both first and second year. They were very professional and courteous. First service came up to around 28k and second one came around to 21k. Overall pretty happy with the service aspect.
Old 18th July 2016, 00:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Anways, i'm getting a discount of 10 lakhs on the OTR price! Kindly let me know any advice/tips you have....
10 Lakhs discount?? If you dont mind can you share the pricing, trim and dealer details??
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
10 Lakhs discount?? If you dont mind can you share the pricing, trim and dealer details??
There is only one dealership in Bangalore. It is for the base variant with sunroof.
Old 17th October 2017, 05:01   #29
BHPian

Preowned A4 TFSI.

Hi,
I have had a great run with my 2012 Superb 1.8TSI Elegance for 2 years. I got this one preowned and am till date quite satisfied with my purchase it has clocked 30K kms.

I want to trade this in for one of Audi s but I am a little tight on my budget. My budget is 20Lacs including the amount i get from sale of my superb I can only stretch upto a few Lacs extra not more.

After living with this beautiful car for 2 years i realised i dont need such a big car with awesome back space, when 90% of time its only one person in the car. So i decided to shortlist preowned A4 TFSi (I like petrol engines better) for my next vehicle because of its understated looks, low resale (because of new model launch) and brand value.

The problem I am facing is I need honest opinions on estimates. How much should preowned 2014-2016 A4s cost me right now? (2015 A4 striking the perfect balance) And what should be ideal selling price for my 2012 superb (No trouble what so ever).

Also what is difference between premium and technology packs? I cant seem to find it online for older model.
Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 13:06   #30
BHPian

Wanted quick help.

I am looking for a good used luxury car.

I am eyeing two diesel Audi A4 diesel.

Both are from 2014
1- 2014, Premium with 54000 km on ODO. Insurance has expired already, owned by a company (Asking 13.15 l)

2- 2014 Premium plus with 45000 km on odo, with sunroof and insurance (Asking 14.30 l)

Will be visiting to see both the cars probably this week. Have been looking for the star and BMW as well but not getting many. Will be keeping for atleast 6-7 years.

1 Which one is better?
2 Is it a good buy?
3 What all should I look for in these? The most important things and how can I check all the things?
4 Budget is around 12 but stretching for entering the luxury segment. Should I?
5 Skeptical about Audi/VW DSG gearbox and the 2014 A4 has a CVT so I believe won't have that failure thing troubling me. I am a sedate driver.

Most Viewed