Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 12:19   #1
BHPian

Life with Ford - A Mixed Experience

I am a CA and I practice along with my wife who is also CA , in Hyderabad for the past 28 years. My son is working in New Zealand after completing his engineering in IIT Madras and MIT Boston.Car decisions were always made by family (My son was included from Ford Fusion purchase)
I bought Ford Fusion+ in 2006 first time in my life after driving Fiat Padmini, 118NE, Maruti 800, Omni, Tata Indica for about 18 years.

Buying experience:

After eliminating Indigo SX (at that time), Fiat Punto we ( myself my wife and my son) quickly purchased Ford Fusion+ petrol impressed by its looks and technical specifications and the space and build quality. We did not consider Hyundai and Maruti since my wife was driving Santro and generally we wanted better build quality. I found it earlier in 118NE.
We enquired in Fortune Ford but purchased at Mody Ford since he offered slightly better price and color we liked (Silver though our first choice was red which was not available in + version). I have never seen that kind of courtesy and kindness by sales people. They treated me like president of India.
Whole purchase starting from enquiry to decision and upto documentation, delivery completed in one day 28th March 2006. 6.4 lakhs on Road.
Ford reduced the price by Rs. 60000/- on 1st April 2006. ( just in 3 days)

Owning and Driving Experience :

What a car it was. Wonderful majestic looks. Everyone used to turn and see and sometimes smile and envy also. I felt like a Raja merely because of the height and getting in and unparalleled drivability and 100bhp power. It behaved like a child when I used to take sharp turns or overtake at the last moment whatever I wanted to do whether highway or city. Pleasing engine sound. For me it is a triple promotion from Maruti / Hyundai / Tata. I really enjoyed every bit. Family was also very happy. Only thing I can complain was suspension. Not upto the mark.
I would have gone to Chennai at least 6 times in this car normally it will not take more than 11 hours.
I also made trips down south. It used to give me anywhere between 7 to 12 in cities but in highways it used to give from 14 to even 21 kmpl.

Maintenance, Maintenance and Maintenance only…….:
Initially in the first 2 years ( 2006, 2007):

It was only side view mirrors or tail lamps of bumpers because of the hits apart from regular services.
They were always available in complete assemblies and I have to change even for a very minor damage and they were very expensive ( I believe all imported at that time. Side view mirror was Rs. 4000/) and every time I have to make at least 4 visits to service station not to mention n number of phone calls.
Visit 1 – Initial reporting and job card; they will take time to order and get the parts from Chennai normally anywhere between 4 to 7 days. Visit 2 – dropping for fixing; Visit 3 deliveries after fixing; Visit 4 definitely omissions or commission in fixing for repair again.
Once when we come back from Chennai, we took a forest route after Ongole and tried to reach piduguralla, the tyre got punctured. Changing the step knee with their American jack was a pain. Finally one lorry driver helped us with his jack.
After 2 years (2008 to 2011):

Mody Ford denied extended warranty even though I paid for both Total Maintenance Plan and Extended Warranty at the time of purchase just because they have not entered the same in the Car Manual book.
Finally I have to fight with Ford Chennai taking up to the financial controller to get some warranty on a item. Still they did not endorse on the book even though proof was produced. First time I saw their real attitude towards customer once money has been paid. Shocking.
Then the instances of
(a) Clutch cable cut off and car stopped in the middle of traffic just in front of NIMS Hospital Panjagutta and my wife and I pushed the car to nearby lane. Ford was kind enough to send recovery van in one hour time
(b) Immediately after service when we took delivery and tried to go via outskirts road to attend a function in the other part of the city and filled up petrol in a bunk the vehicle stopped and refused to start again. Again Ford Recovery van came and the story continued.
(c) It started with water leaking from A/C and it spread to other electrical and mechanical problems. Water leak did not stop for more than 8 months. At least 30 visits to Mody Service Station. I always had the feeling they were not competent to understand and handle the issue.
Many times they did not charge me. But pain of visits and revisits killed me. They were attempting on trial and error basis. I even spoke upto the owner. No use. They were courteous but could not solve the problem. In fact the problem touched all mechanical and electrical issues and parts. Thank God I had a santro and later on i10 of my wife I could pull on.
(d) With frequent hits in bumpers coupled with rubber beadings on the sides front and back coming off every now and then due to some screw technology finally went for total denting and painting
for a royal fee of Rs.80000/- Looks was satisfying me even though I was bearing the other electrical and mechanical issues. Of course Driving was always a joy in spite of these because engine was fantastic.
(e) Finally, the climax with Mody Ford Came. I told them I have to drive to Chennai and gave the car
for service wheel balancing and alignment. We took delivery in the night and next day morning we were proceeding to Chennai. After crossing Nellore I noticed wobbling. I asked my wife to get down and see while I was driving. She said left rear wheel is dancing. We got down and we also called Hyundai OE vehicles Truck driver who inspected and said out of 4 bolts 2 adjacent were broken due to wrong tightening by the service station. He changed the good ones and fixed it to opposite and advised us to go with 2 bolts at 20km speed and then call for recovery van. We called up Chennai. They said they cannot send their vehicle since it is Sunday and asked us to take it to their Ambattur service station. This is also through our friends who know ford in Chennai very well. In the service station they fixed it with some other bolts and wondered how we survived.

( f) With Mody Ford atleast 5 times recovery van came and picked our car for mechanical issues due to which the Car stopped. I paid huge amounts to Mody Ford.

After Chennai trip episode we said goodbye to Mody Ford and switched over to Fortune ford.
In 2010.

( g) In all honesty I should say Fortune Ford was little more conservative and my bill amounts reduced. But still minor problems persisted. Fortune ford used to say upfront that they need more time for any service or repair and it was always 2 to 4 days. They had space problem in their service station.

(h) Again in 2011 problems started increasing and visits to service station increased even though amounts were not big.

Sold the Car only due to maintenance issues only . ( Loved the Product):

Finally I sold the car for Rs. 1,80,000/- to Sundaram Honda on 31st December 2011, without even telling my wife to stop thinking about Ford all the time.
The buyer was shocked and then asked me why you are selling the car after driving it and seeing it.
Even at the time of sale after 5 years it looked new and it behaved new. Always I was the only person who used it and sometimes with my wife and son especially on highways.

Life without Ford:

I thought story ended there. I started using my wife’s car i10 in city and stopped going on highways.
Our office and home are opposite Flats. I made a mental decision no separate car for me for the next 2 years to compensate the heavy maintenance bill I paid for Ford.
Infact , We decided my next car will be trouble free one which means popular Toyota or Maruti or Honda since we have Hyundai.

New car in December 2013.. wait for the next episode...
HYDRAVI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 14:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life with Ford -- Mixed Experience

Maintaining Ford cars is always little costly i guess when you compare it to the likes of Maruti, Tata etc. My friend has Figo and he recently replaced some tube. It was hardly 2-3 feet tube for which he has to pay hefty 1500. AS per him overall maintenance is costly affair and costs of the parts are always on higher side. Next time you better go for some Japanese car like Maruti.

So it looks like you have already purchased something new. My guess - Honda City
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 15:26   #3
BHPian

Very true! Most of the FORD accessories comes as molded (complete assemblies). I'm one of them who is suffering with this a lot. Fighting for very simple headlight holder nearly 2 months. FORD asking me to change the complete light assembly (7k) other local markets have no stock for holders. Everyone is saying FORD headlight holder is unique and other types can't be used. And my number plate light also got fused, they said it comes as a complete kit, please change the entire set for 2K (!). for 100 rupee bulb, I need to change the entire set. Sounds day light robbery to me.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 15:52   #4
BHPian

Ford maintenance is high compared to Maruti and Hyundai. I too have a Ford Fusion bought in 2006 and till date i have not had too much of an issue. The clutch assembly gave up about a year back and the change cost me 12k. This included master cylinder and the slave cylinder, bleeding, labour etc. The rear view mirror came out and i am yet to fix it. I need to pick up a new one and it will cost me 2k. Otherwise, from a mechanical and electrical perspective, the vehicle has been going strong for 60k now.
I usually give the car to Metro Ford in bangalore and till date i have had no issues of poor servicing. Occasionally the washing is not up to the mark, but mechanical work has been spot on if any. The other day my battery died out early in the morning. I called up their emergency help line and i had a new battery within an hour (8am). Very professional and thorough job i must say
Sad to note that Mody Ford has now pushed you away from a very good vehicle. I am loathe to give up the vehicle, but eventually missus is looking for an automatic. So i guess at some point of time i will sell it. Not sure when though
Overall, i am impressed with the vehicle and i swear by its performance
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 16:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Surprising to note the kind of servicing the Fusion had to go through. During the course of the time were these issues ever brought to the notice of the Ford management. Did you talk to the workshop managment reg the frequent breakdowns and the servicing.

I had a Fiesta petrol and in my 4 years of ownership apart from the regular servicing every 6 months, I didnt face any other costs. There were the usual broken OVRM's scratched bumper etc but no servicing issues. Anyways no point in cyring over split milk, dont understand your point in opening a thread for the same.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 16:51   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDRAVI View Post
After eliminating Indigo SX (at that time), Fiat Punto we ....
....Finally I sold the car for Rs. 1,80,000/- to Sundaram Honda on 31st December 2011, without even telling my wife to stop thinking about Ford all the time. ..
....Even at the time of sale after 5 years it looked new and it behaved new. ....
....New car in December 2013.. wait for the next episode...
You sold your car in dec-2011 after 5 years of usage. That means you bought it in dec-2006 or around that time. Punto was launched in June-2009, how could you consider it for buying in 2006?
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

A lorry jack for a car? I didnt know that it could be used for a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDRAVI View Post
Once when we come back from Chennai, we took a forest route after Ongole and tried to reach piduguralla, the tyre got punctured. Changing the step knee with their American jack was a pain. Finally one lorry driver helped us with his jack.
If you were looking for extended warranty after the 4th year that is 2010, then its normal that you were not offered extended warranty as Ford offers only 4 years extended warranty on its cars now. However, I am not sure of the extended warranty schemes for the Fusion, I would wait for Fusion owners to confirm. Mine is a 2009 regd. Fiesta and I couldnt purchase an extended warranty last year.

The service and warranty details of a vehicle are maintained in the vehicle management system referenced to your VIN number. It need not be endorsed on the manual. Your VIN number will have ALL the details about your vehicle.

Quote:
After 2 years (2008 to 2011):

Mody Ford denied extended warranty even though I paid for both Total Maintenance Plan and Extended Warranty at the time of purchase just because they have not entered the same in the Car Manual book.
Did you escalate it to the customer care? Any reason why a finance controller was contacted for a part warranty.

Quote:
Finally I have to fight with Ford Chennai taking up to the financial controller to get some warranty on a item. Still they did not endorse on the book even though proof was produced.
Clutch cable in a Fusion?

Quote:
(a) Clutch cable cut off and car stopped in the middle of traffic just in front of NIMS Hospital Panjagutta and my wife and I pushed the car to nearby lane. Ford was kind enough to send recovery van in one hour time

Any instance where you could contact the Ford customer care? Its sad that you had to make so many visits for a simple AC water leak.

Can you provide details on the electrical/mechanical problems suffered because of the water leak from the AC? I am assuming its the AC water leaking inside the cabin.

Quote:
(c) It started with water leaking from A/C and it spread to other electrical and mechanical problems. Water leak did not stop for more than 8 months. At least 30 visits to Mody Service Station. I always had the feeling they were not competent to understand and handle the issue.
Many times they did not charge me. But pain of visits and revisits killed me. They were attempting on trial and error basis. I even spoke upto the owner. No use. They were courteous but could not solve the problem. In fact the problem touched all mechanical and electrical issues and parts.
Can you give more details please. It was the stud that was broken because of over tightening the bolts by the service station?

Quote:
(e) Finally, the climax with Mody Ford Came. I told them I have to drive to Chennai and gave the car
for service wheel balancing and alignment. We took delivery in the night and next day morning we were proceeding to Chennai...
Anything that you are trying to communicate through this thread?

I would definitely request you to add more details on most of your issues you had with your car and Mody Ford.

Quote:
New car in December 2013.. wait for the next episode...

Last edited by anachronix : 29th January 2014 at 17:08.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 21:18   #8
BHPian

I am sorry but have to ask this, Do you have any bills to support your claim? The reason I am asking this is we have had episodes were wherein people come in fresh create threads with awful rants about manufacturers and then disappear.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 22:41   #9
BHPian

Maybe Ford improved after that Fusion years. I am using two Fords - one Ikon TDCi (2009 - 75 K km) and one Figo (2012 - 18 K km) without any serious issues whatsoever.

Had been pretty happy with service here in Kerala too, with only minor issues like an unwarranted engine surface polishing which can be solved at SA level. Costs too are very reasonable, even when compared to my previous marutis.
CoolFire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 23:56   #10
BHPian

Moderator note: Use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead of back to back posts. Also avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Ford maintenance is high compared to Maruti and Hyundai.
======Not sure when though
Overall, i am impressed with the vehicle and i swear by its performance
Maybe I was unluky.The conflict was between excellent product and performance vs. frequent maintenance issues. I fully agree with you it was an excellent vehicle and they need not have discontinued considering current day suvs are not as beautiful as Fusion in that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
A lorry jack for a car? I didnt know that it could be used for a car.
==========
I would definitely request you to add more details on most of your issues you had with your car and Mody Ford.
No. It is completely past. I can definitely say they were kind and courteous but could not solve the problems and made me to visit again and again. Now take this is more academic reading of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Maybe Ford improved after that Fusion years. I am using two Fords - one Ikon TDCi (2009 - 75 K km) and one Figo (2012 - 18 K km) without any serious issues whatsoever.

Had been pretty happy with service here in Kerala too, with only minor issues like an unwarranted engine surface polishing which can be solved at SA level. Costs too are very reasonable, even when compared to my previous marutis.
I am not against Ford or Mody Ford. I really wish you all the best. I did love my Fusion inspite of maintenance issues. If they have improved I am the happiest person.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th January 2014 at 00:34.
Old 30th January 2014, 12:18   #11
BHPian

Life with Ford – Mixed Experience – contd…Episode 2

Though I decided to buy the car in January 2014, mind was on new car from right from November 2013.

Based on my city (only) driving , I was even willing to settle for a Tata Nano if it comes with power steering, so that I can use and dispose of after 3 years whatever be the resale value. I did test drive Nano and liked it. But then, sometimes you cannot take it to bare needs and you would like to indulge a little bit.

One more car which attracted me was Ashok Leyland Style. I test drove this. I fell in love with the Car for its excellent drivability and room. But then I did not consider saying I need not move any people and it is meant for commercial purpose and my purpose was totally different.

Then I tried to think like a normal man and I fixed my budget roughly around as Rs. 6 lakhs, though I know +/- 50000/- does not matter.

I was looking for a car for which can satisfy the following factors in that order:

Good drivability (since it is always self-driven),
Good space for 3 people one person of 6’.4’’
Good interiors and decent build quality
Reasonable fuel efficiency
Current selling model which has got reasonable future of at least 5 years.
If possible Good looks also.

I also shortlisted the brands which I have to go for in the following order

1. Toyota
2. Maruti
3. Honda
4. Hyundai ( last preference since my wife already have Hyundai- i10,1.2 sportz)

Seeing the December discounts we were in action from 3rd week of December 2013. I went and saw a very sparingly used almost new Ertiga VXI 2013 model blue colour (they quoted 6.9 lakhs) at RKS motors and decided also. My wife was in Chennai. I waited for one day for her arrival. I lost the car. Some employee of RKS bought that. I was upset as I thought I could have got that for 6.2 lakhs for cash down.

After extensive research in team bhp site and also other sites for long term ownership reports and feedback I shortlisted the following cars: ( In fact I have to thank team bhp for erasing the mindset on diesel mainly due to the excellent feedback on two fiat engines national No.1 No.2 and Ford 1.4 engine)

1. Wagon R VXI / Stingray VXI
2. Ritz VXI or VDI
3. Etios Petrol G
4. Honda Amaze

Honda Amaze: I did not like the cramped rear space and it was difficult for me to get in and get out. Hence straightaway rejected.

Wagon R / Stingray: I test drove. I like this even though it is age old model due to the sheer fact that is the need based car for me and it did satisfy me in drive also. I liked Stingray for its great looks even though discounts were more in Wagon R. Mind was almost on Stingray.

I test drove Etios Petrol. I liked the car. Very safe one. Reasonably priced CAAAR. My son and wife rejected it saying old model and old looks.

I test drove Ritz VXI at Varun Motors. It was pathetic. Probably they have not maintained their test drive vehicle. I reported it to them. I immediately dropped this from my mind
I test drove VDI . I liked this. Price was around 6.64 on road. Still I found more space in Wagon R
Than in Ritz.

I was contemplating Stingray VXI or Ritz VDI on 27th December 2013

Now the dark horse entered . My son was totally involved over the phone in the decision making. He said “ why don’t you try Ford Figo?” . I said no Ford. He argued my experience need not be bad again and I need not write off Ford. He said that Figo is more with locally manufactured parts compared to Fusion and general feedback on maintenance issues is good (my neighbor owns Figo petrol). He asked us to test drive the diesel one.

Yes we did it. Both of us instantly liked Figo TDCI.We made all negotiations on 28th. Titanium stock was not available. We settled for ZXi. We liked Kinetic Blue colour (only one piece was available). I had Stingray and Ritz at the back of my mind and at the same time I could not say no to figo because of its comparative merits . Finally on 30th we Paid 6.04 lakhs on road price. I even went to Madurai by train immediately after payment as per my Original Plan. My wife took delivery from Vibrant ( earlier Fortune) Ford on 30th night and spoke to me via Figo blue tooth. It all happened in less than 48 hours. I came back after 5 days on 4th of Jan. I have Registered the car on 8th and started driving. I have done 1200+ Kms. so far all in the city.
My sincere feed back is:
Excellent drivability.
Excellent Space and feel of sedan.
Decent looks and Decent Mileage ( 14-15kmpl )
Value for Money
Above all, controlled driving to suit my age (due to diesel engine character; no zipping; minimal clutch change due to excellent torque) In fact Figo is changing my character in driving. I am becoming a better steady driver now. I am able to feel the difference whenever I try my wife’s i10.

Maintenance: I Left it to the will of God.

Life with Ford Continues;

I am happy. I erased my First Life with Ford. I have started my second fresh life with Ford again with Hope. I could not believe. Now can I say my prarabtha karma with ford continues? Karma need not be bad. It can be good also.
HYDRAVI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 14:53   #12
BHPian

HYDRAVI
I hope this stint with Ford would be more rewarding for you. Both Focus and Figo are very competent vehicles. Fords are driver's cars they are never known for service horror stories.
I would blame your issues with Fusion to the fact that it was not a mass selling model and moved in very low volumes. That would explain unavailability of service skills and spare parts even in a metro.
Will you very best and happy mile crunching with this one.

Last edited by Ohh!Oxygen : 30th January 2014 at 14:55.
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

@HYDRAVI---It is sad to note your nervous moments with Ford A.S.S. Fusion spare parts are indeed costly, going by other feedback from owners on this forum.

However, I have two Fords, both from Mody Ford, that are doing great. Other than annual service, I have had no issues. A couple of warranty claims were settled promptly by Mody Ford.

I have no issues with them and find them on par with Maruti A.S.S. The only complaint I have is that they don't know spare parts prices correctly and give estimates on phone that are sky high, going by my recent inquiry about the cost of alloy wheel center caps.

I've visited Vibrant Ford for the wheel caps and they seem to be quite okay, though I am not sure how good they are with car service.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 20:15   #14
BHPian

Re: Life with Ford - A Mixed Experience

Congrats for the smaller Fusion. Figo is indeed a more localised product from the Ford stables. And driving it is so hassle-free. It is one of those cars in which you can still see the bonnet while driving.
Hope it gives you hassle free years of ownership now.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Did you escalate it to the customer care? Any reason why a finance controller was contacted for a part warranty.

Any instance where you could contact the Ford customer care? Its sad that you had to make so many visits for a simple AC water leak.

Can you provide details on the electrical/mechanical problems suffered because of the water leak from the AC? I am assuming its the AC water leaking inside the cabin.

Anything that you are trying to communicate through this thread?

I have pasted below my mail communication with Ford. this is all the details I have
now . From the mails I am able to recall that I paid for 3 years TMP and 2 years extended warranty and was fighting for two items replacement and ultimately they enabled me to claim from Insurance company.

It will be very difficult for me to cull out bills of 2006 to 2011, which we normally attach to bank voucher or credit card voucher chronologically and file it in financial year wise and earlier year files are in antique racks. I am not making an attempt to bring it to this forum as I already said I am not fighting any issue and it is more of History.

Regarding technical problems I am not competent enough to explain in details and also I do not remember so precisely. I narrated the events from my memory, as much as I Could .
• Clarification - Ford Fusion concern no 7103446‏
Actions
Latha Ravi
28-07-2008
To: Parthasarathy, Partha (G.)

Dear Mr Partha

Nice to see your prompt reply for my letter. Thanks for clearing my query. I gladly accept this since company's word is final.

Regarding the condensor , the dealer told me that the horn hit the condensor and that is why it is damaged and there is also a hit in the front bonnet which is not sitting properly and there is a gap and I can go for Insurance claim. I really do not know whether it will be acceptable to Insurane company. I am not sure. I have not consciously hit anybody nor anyone hit my car to call it accident.

I know Mody Ford Staff are having good relationship with the insurance companies and mine is Royal Sundaram. But the problem is I am very poor in presenting these issues. If they can help without invloving me it will be nice. If possible please put in a word through your channel.

Thanks for your kind enquiry in the middle of so many issues you have to deal as top management of the company

I sincerely wish you all the very best in your life. I will remember you for your kind gesture

N. Ravichandran
92XXXXXXXX

Subject: Clarification - Ford Fusion concern no 7103446
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:06:52 +0800
To: lataravi@hotmail.com

Dear Mr, Ravichandran,
I would like to confirm that the Total Maintenance Plan (TMP) product you purchased in March 2006 for Rs. 16,500 is valid for 2 years. In fact, a TMP product for 3 years for Fusion was introduced only in 2007.
Regarding the A/C conderser problem that you mentioned to me during the phone call, tried to understand what the issue is. Through the dealer, we understand that your car had met with an accident which has caused the A/C conderser problem.
Please let me know if you need any further information in this regard. It has been nice talking to you and knowing you.
Kind Regards,
Parthasarathy
Vice President - Finance

Dear Mr Parthasarathy:

Evidently I am very simple-minded and do not understand articulate english. But as I understood at the time of purchase, the original warranty was for one year, and TMP was for 2 years, so it combined to a total of 3 years. IT was said in as many words to us. We are not Americans to file suits, this is India and so one can get away with these things. But guess what? It can leave a very bad taste in the customer's mouth, particularly honest ones.

Buddy! You have just lost yourself a valued customer and have earned some ill-will too.

Undersigned is the better half who was present when this conversation took place with the dealer.

Srilatha Ravichandran

With Kind Regards,

LATHA & RAVI
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

Subject: Clarification - Ford Fusion concern no 7103446
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:06:52 +0800

Dear Mr, Ravichandran,
I would like to confirm that the Total Maintenance Plan (TMP) product you purchased in March 2006 for Rs. 16,500 is valid for 2 years. In fact, a TMP product for 3 years for Fusion was introduced only in 2007.
Regarding the A/C conderser problem that you mentioned to me during the phone call, tried to understand what the issue is. Through the dealer, we understand that your car had met with an accident which has caused the A/C conderser problem.
Please let me know if you need any further information in this regard. It has been nice talking to you and knowing you.
Kind Regards,
Parthasarathy
Vice President - Finance

• Reply from Ford India / Mody Ford‏
Actions
Latha Ravi
16-07-2008
To: Customer, Care (.)

Dear Mr Bhaskar

As a customer I want

FORD INDIA'S CONFIRMATION THAT I WAS ELIGIBLE FOR ONLY TWO YEARS AND NOT THREE YEARS TMP FOR RS.16500/- PAID BY ME IN MARCH 2006 FOR FORD FUSION AS PER THE APPROVED PRICE LIST OF FORD INDIA. I GOT PROOF FOR PAYMENT OF THE AMOUNT MENTIONED

If it is difficult to understand i cannot help. I am sorry to say you reply no way satisfies me since it does not answer the query raised.

With Kind Regards,
ravichandran
LATHA & RAVI
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

Subject: Reply from Ford India / Mody Ford
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:12:50 +0800
CC: custmail@ford.com

Dear Mr. N. Ravichandran,

This is subsequent to our telecon had with you,regarding the concern in your vehicle bearing vin number 6LP3270.Your concern number 7103446.

We wish to inform you that ,we had an internal discussion on your concern and we re-iterate that the TMP that you had procured is for two years only,as this was also clearly explained to yourkindself.Request your understanding on this.

Thanks and Regards
Bhaskar.D
Customer relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd.
Actions
Latha Ravi
14-07-2008
To: Customer, Care

Dear Mr. Bhaskar,

Thanks for the mail. I want you to be specific that for Rs. 16500/- in March 06 only two year TMP was given by Ford India to all the fusion customers including me. Otherwise there is no meaning for the lengthy conversation I had with you over the phone and your understanding of the same and reference of the same in your mail. I want you to check your price list of march 06 and then reply.

If you want proof for payment of Rs. 16500 towards tmp i have the same with me.

I am sorry to say that if you cannot help me in this matter I have to take it up to the higher ups . I have explained enough on the phone. I have understood your mail . I want your best support now in this matter.

With Kind Regards,
Ravichandran
LATHA & RAVI
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:59:08 +0800
CC: custmail@ford.com

This is subsequent to our telecon had with you,regarding the concern in your vehicle bearing vin number 6LP3270.Your concern number 7103446.

We wish to inform you that you had procured TMP for two years and the same was expired during March 2008.Request your understanding on this.We onceagain apologise on behalf of our dealership for lapses in any.

Assuring our best support always.

Thanks & regards
Baskar
Customer relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd.

Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 12:05 PM
Subject: RE: Reply from Ford India / Mody Ford

Dear Ms. Anitha Jain

Ref: concern no. 7103446

Thanks for the immediate response.

Yesterday one of the customer service executives from Modyford also spoke to me for clarification and I clarified . She also told me that I will get a reply from Ford India on the subject

Hence I am waiting for your mail for further course of action as my a/c condensor and horn need replacement / repair as the case may be

It is fact that Mody Ford ( Mr Gandhi particularly) did promise 3 years TMP on 27/08/2006 . My wife who was with me at the time of purchase also remembers this and acknowledges the same. However when I got the TMP book i found it was only for 2 years. Mody ford said that it is for 2 years only

From my side I have proof for payment of Rs. 16500 for TMP. Ford India can confirm whether for this price the dealer is supposed to give 2 years or 3 years TMP based on the price list prevailing in March 2006.

Though I cannot fight with the oral promise I will take Ford India's confirmation as final and accordingly will decide my future course of action

Kind Regards
Ravichandran

With Kind Regards,

LATHA & RAVI
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:47:00 +0800

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us regarding your vehicle bearing the Vin number 6LP3270. We have noted down the contents of your mail and have taken up the issue with the dealership concerned.

We would revert back to you after we receive relevant information from our dealership. Your concern number is 7103446.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks and Regards
Anitha Jain,
Customer Relations,
Ford India Limited.

Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:32 PM
Subject: CUSTOMER SERVICE

To
The officer Concerned,
Customer Service , Ford India

Dear Sir / Madam

I bought Fusion+ on 29th march 2006 from Mody Ford , Secunderabad and I am extremely happy about the vehicle till today. I want to bring it to your kind attention a small problem I have which I could not solve at the dealer level

On 27th March 2006 on the recommendation of the dealer Mody Ford i took TMP for 3 years and paid Rs. 16500 as against extended warranty covering 2 years for Rs. 5950/-

Today when i took the vehicle i was told TMP expired and they cannot do anything for damage of my horn and a/c condensor

Infact the as per the details of TMP book which was delivered to me after three months of purchase of vehicle it is 2 years. But the fact is dealer promised me 3 years for Rs. 16500/- in March 2006 and I paid immediately without any papers purely trusting them.

Since you know the prevaling rates at the time I want you to look into this and help me. (for details of my payment you can refer excel sheet attached)

The deatils of my TMP book are produced for your ready reference :

CUSTOMER ID : SF 50
CUSTOMER NAME : N. RAVICHANDRAN
VIN : 6LP3270
MODEL : FUSION +
TMP OPTION : 2 YEARS
FROM 29 MAR 06 TO 28 MAR 08
REG NO ; 88
REG DATE ; 29 MARCH 2006
DEALER ; MODY FORD
ISSUE DATE ; 29 MAY 2006

I AM NOT AGREEING WITH THE TMP OPTION PERIOD MENTIONED IN THE BOOK AND WHAT WAS PROMOSIED TO ME WAS 3 YEARS

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated and it will help me in time

With Kind Regards,
N. Ravichandran
LATHA & RAVI
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th February 2014 at 08:19. Reason: Corrected quote tag + edited out address details.
HYDRAVI is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed