Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2015, 13:50   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

Karan, I think all the filters are changed every 15k km as per the VAG service schedule mandated for India. The pollen filter however, can be cleaned using a blower and reused.

The AC disinfectant seems to be a sham! Must avoid.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 18:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Karan, I think all the filters are changed every 15k km as per the VAG service schedule mandated for India. The pollen filter however, can be cleaned using a blower and reused.

The AC disinfectant seems to be a sham! Must avoid.

Are they? I'll check in on Monday anyways when I give them a buzz. I could swear that internationally the fuel filter is mandated to last 20k miles. Will cross-check with the manual too.

Totally agree on the disinfectant. Mental notes have already been made.
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:13   #243
Senior - BHPian

Shook off some laziness and did a morning run to Lonavala with some friends for breakfast. The Jetta was, always, comfortable, nimble and a pleasure to drive. I havent done much driving on open roads heading out of Mumbai in a bit, figured today was as good a day as any.

I swapped with a friend's A4 for a while and felt at home instantly, although the key mechanism (pressing it in to fire her up) and the electronic parking brake caught me flat footed before I got my bearings. The A4 was just as enjoyable to drive, and I felt NVH levels were controlled that little but better than the Jetta, although my ears might have been playing tricks on me.

Overall mileage over the 208 kilometers or so stood at 16.6 kmpl, for those that are so inclined to know. That's with the AC on 100% of the time and multiple drivers giving it the beans, so to speak. Upgrading from this might prove a pain in the you know where, but that's a bridge I'll cross when I get to it. For now, I'm just enjoying Das Auto.

Here's a parting shot for you guys, since you'll do like your photos so very much! Ciao ciao!

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1424616164.777068.jpg
iliketurtles is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 12:23   #244
BHPian

Its a looker... love that rear 3/4th view , makes me turn my head every time after parking my car
Old 24th February 2015, 12:25   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Its a looker... love that rear 3/4th view , makes me turn my head every time after parking my car
Likewise. I think it's its best angle and caught myself marveling at how nice it looked on the move. It's a lovely, proportional design that will age superbly.
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:57   #246
Senior - BHPian

I was merrily making my way to work this morning when I saw this and my jaw dropped.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433305343.138634.jpg

A 2015 Silk Blue Jetta. I don't care very much for the face-lift, except for that lovely steering wheel. But that color...ooh la la. It was stunning to behold in the flesh add the rays of the sun bounced off it. Now that's a color that catches the eye!

As for my own steed, ownership has been uneventful in the last 2 months and she's motoring along without any fuss. With 18k clicks on the off, mileage has now settled at 11.25 kmpl for completely in city driving with the air con on all the time. Not bad for a car this size!

Haven't gone for an outstation drive in a bit though. Guess I'll have to correct that soon!
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 11:28   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Are they? I'll check in on Monday anyways when I give them a buzz. I could swear that internationally the fuel filter is mandated to last 20k miles. Will cross-check with the manual too.
I think what Gannu said is right. I have been given the same update from them. I wrote on my thread regarding the diesel filters. I remember the sales rep telling that all the filters are to be changed in every service.
Old 6th July 2015, 11:32   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I think what Gannu said is right. I have been given the same update from them. I wrote on my thread regarding the diesel filters. I remember the sales rep telling that all the filters are to be changed in every service.
That's odd, don't think graaja ended up paying it, but who knows, these things change all the time. It's quite possible that it's now a new mandate that is in place!
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:06   #249
Senior - BHPian

Tiny whiny update.

The car is due for a 1.5 year inspection tomorrow, and as I try to start it up to head home, this happens.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437662054.166167.jpg

The car is dead in the water, so to speak.

But even in cryostasis, it stays loyal to me. I was being dragged to watch Bambang Bhaijaan tonight and sensing my sadness, the car committed temporary seppuku.

God, I love this car. Let's see if I can say the same for VW Roadside Assistance now.
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:59   #250
Senior - BHPian

Right, so the black mamba is up and running again. But it threw up an ESC error plus one more error (steering wheel related I imagine). It was a battery thing.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437664832.979440.jpg

But, on the bright side, I now know why Lamborghini named the Veneno as they did. Can't say they didn't give fair warning!

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437665189.428127.jpg
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 00:43   #251
Senior - BHPian

Hello, Love the jetta in black color, Wish you many happy miles with your jet! Also can you please share what work was carried out for your 1.5 Year inspection, It would be like a heads-up for me since my too is due in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2015, 07:11   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was a battery thing.

Did they replace the battery under warranty? Seeing many Jetta batteries failing in the first two years. Wondering if there is a way to find out a dying battery before getting stranded!

On the brighter side, you did escape "Bhaijan" 😃
Old 24th July 2015, 08:13   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can you please share what work was carried out for your 1.5 Year inspection, It would be like a heads-up for me since my too is due in a couple of weeks.
I'll give you a detailed lost by tomorrow, but I've been told it's only a visual inspection. They'll check fluid levels, top up if necessary, visually inspect the car and do a washing cleaning session before handing it over.

All this I've been told will take a day. Can't fathom why it should take that long unless they're flying in skimpily clad bikini babes from LA to wash my car for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Did they replace the battery under warranty? Seeing many Jetta batteries failing in the first two years. Wondering if there is a way to find out a dying battery before getting stranded!
Nope, don't believe that the battery is covered under warranty at all. I was told if the jumper canles can spark my battery to life, well and good, else I'll have to shell out for it.

I checked some battery options on batterybhai in any case. For a similar voltage Amaron, I'd have to pay 5.3k. Not too bad, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
On the brighter side, you did escape "Bhaijan" 😃
Yes, there is that despite its effusive reviews, I can't get my head around going to watch his films. Can't stomach Salman hamming his way through roles.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 09:07   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, don't believe that the battery is covered under warranty at all.
Adi got his Octavia's battery replaced under warranty (link). Do the policies vary across cars from Skoda and VW? Suggest you recheck Karan.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:21   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adi got his Octavia's battery replaced under warranty (link). Do the policies vary across cars from Skoda and VW? Suggest you recheck Karan.
Aha, that's news for me. I'm sure the policies are consistent across the VAG group. I've already asked them to check the battery voltage, will push for a replacement as well since it's clearly dying out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks