Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:23   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

Water pump leak! Thats the 5th incident reported on this forum
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:29   #272
Team-BHP Support

That definitely is a sad sight! I can totally understand the emotions iliketurtles, as my car recently had to spend almost 3 weeks in the workshop.

I am sure this would be a minor issue like a loose hose or something which VW would fix it in a day's time and your car will be back in no time
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:18   #273
Senior - BHPian

Hate that sight bro, But don't worry car should be back soon and running fine, Its nothing major, I hope VW fixes it up asap!

And on a side note, My car's side Airbag crash sensor has gone kaput, Part was ordered on 16th september and still there is no sight of the part! Till then i am driving around with the Airbag Error warning, Which is really annoying.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:24   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Water pump leak! Thats the 5th incident reported on this forum
Yeah, I remember reading about it elsewhere too. Seems like quite a common thing on this generation of the Jetta, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
That definitely is a sad sight! I can totally understand the emotions iliketurtles, as my car recently had to spend almost 3 weeks in the workshop.

I am sure this would be a minor issue like a loose hose or something which VW would fix it in a day's time and your car will be back in no time
3 weeks? Wowza. I've been off Team BHP so I don't know the details but that is just lousy. Volkswagen really can be slow to turn things around. Fingers crossed, they'll be reasonably quick this time, although I'm not too hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
On a side note, My car's side Airbag crash sensor has gone kaput, Part was ordered on 16th september and still there is no sight of the part! Till then i am driving around with the Airbag Error warning, Which is really annoying.
I remember when I needed an actuator for the door lock module and it took 2 weeks to arrive. At one point I told the staff at the workshop that I could have driven down to the factory and got it to them faster and they just had a sheepish look. There has been an improvement in Volkswagen's service, but there's still much that can be done.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:25   #275
Team-BHP Support

Judging by the frequency, VW must be keeping a stock in each dealer. Mine was done during the service
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:08   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
3 weeks? Wowza. I've been off Team BHP so I don't know the details but that is just lousy. Volkswagen really can be slow to turn things around. Fingers crossed, they'll be reasonably quick this time, although I'm not too hopeful.
My bad. I left out some details. A few weeks back I had a minor accident which resulted in dented fender and bumper. The dealer promptly processed insurance claim and got the fender, bumper and the front right alloy replaced. It took about 10 days to complete the job as they did not have some parts in stock. However, when they completed the job, I had to go on business travel for 2 weeks. As I was not able to go and take delivery of the car, even after completion of the work, the car was lying in the workshop for about 10 days.

Details in my thread here.

The dealer did a very good job in the body work and also the insurance claim.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:45   #277
Senior - BHPian

Tiny update is in order.

I gave the car in on a tuesday evening, and by Friday evening it was all done as per spec. They even fixed the slightly jammy fuel lock as asked, and it was all done rapidly.

Since the car was under warranty, it cost me all of 0. All in all, it was a terrific experience dealing with VW this time around. They were communicative always and quick to get things done as promised by them, and it made me wish that every experience with them would be as smooth and pleasurable as this.

Only fitting then that this fired up over the speakers as I rolled out of the workshop. All's well that ends well.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-img_0178.jpg
iliketurtles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:48   #278
Team-BHP Support

Was it the faulty fuel pump as suspected Karan? Could you post the snap of the invoice here if it isn't too much to ask? Would be of help to other Jetta owners.

PS: What do you make of the ongoing dieselgate scandal? I am sure you would have had your share of annoyances from colleagues and friends?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 12:06   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Was it the faulty fuel pump as suspected Karan? Could you post the snap of the invoice here if it isn't too much to ask? Would be of help to other Jetta owners.
It was the water pump as suggested by Ajmat, Gannu. I'm trying to find the invoice, but can't seem to locate it. Will call VW and ask them to send a digital copy of it across, I'll upload that tomorrow since there's no chance of it happening today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
PS: What do you make of the ongoing dieselgate scandal? I am sure you would have had your share of annoyances from colleagues and friends?
My take is they've gone and pulled an Armstrong on this one. Even if they cooperate fully with authorities and pay through their nose (which they will), it will be some time before they fully regain the trust of the market, especially in the Western world.

Luckily, I've only had one friend chirp up about it The wife is blissfully unaware of this whole fracas, and I'd rather it stays that way or she'll chew my head about it endlessly. The Jetta, after all, was never her first choice since it didn't have a sunroof!
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:13   #280
Senior - BHPian

As promised, here's the invoice. It doesn't show anywhere that this was completely gratis (since the car is under warranty), but I didn't pay a paisa towards getting this fixed.

Hopefully this serves as a point of reference for some on the forum!

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-service-invoice-ruhi-kambli-warranty-recentpage001.jpg

Last edited by iliketurtles : 29th September 2015 at 10:18. Reason: Changed PDF attachment to JPEG to save you an extra click. You're welcome
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 16:47   #281
Senior - BHPian

It seems as if VW have reduced the price of water pump, if am not wrong, it used to cost 20k+ earlier but 7k inclusive of labour is very nominal for a D segment car.

Jetta's have faced so many water pump failures but just do not why VW is so thick skinned to not change the design or do some thing about it , VW pre and after sales though is much better than Skoda for sure.

Was deciding between Jetta/Octavia and Skoda made it so simple, Skoda's sales lady was least interested in selling the car whereas VW guy was very eager to make a deal, i even got a feedback call from VW regarding my dealership experience but nothing from Skoda. Happy i chose a Vento over Rapid 3 years back and would have definitely opted for Jetta over Octavia, fate had some other plans though
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:42   #282
BHPian

...and as usual...it happens to me what I am always scared off. While 30 mins in B2B traffic on way to office, the MFD is buzzed with the message "Coolant level ...something something...". Immediately 3-4 sounds came together and red coolant temperature sign was blinking ON. Quietly pulled over and waited for 5 mins. The coolant level looked normal (as If I know what abnormal is ). Started again and everything was fine. Reached office and then drove to Whitefield VW after few hours for a check.
They test drove it along with me for 30 mins and it didnot happen. No visible sign of leakage either. But suddenly their service head came worried to me saying I should keep the vehicle with them for 2 days as they have to do thorough check to find out what went wrong. I didnot bother to tell him that I bought the car from Mysore and am under warranty.
I dodged him and came back home promising to return as soon as I can. Today again I drove well waiting every second for the error to pop up. But its not happening. I even became a bad boy for 17 secs and redlined in 2nd gear.
What shall I do next? I donot want to go through what @iliketurtles went through of seeing the baby on flatbed. Is it really as serious as it sounds?
Old 15th October 2015, 15:04   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
What shall I do next? I donot want to go through what @iliketurtles went through of seeing the baby on flatbed. Is it really as serious as it sounds?
If the car is being driven around and not throwing up an error, there's nothing to worry about other than figuring out why this happened. But I would suggest you get the car taken to the nearest service center and get it checked out. Prevention is better than cure, and the request to leave the car for 2 days as they look to get to the bottom of it is one I'd agree with if I were you.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:05   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
...and as usual...it happens to me what I am always scared off. While 30 mins in B2B traffic on way to office, the MFD is buzzed with the message "Coolant level ...something something...". Immediately 3-4 sounds came together and red coolant temperature
If it is B@B traffic, sounds like cooling fan issues or thermostat failure
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 20:32   #285
Senior - BHPian

Just got the car back from it's 30,000 KM service today, and it was all in all a good experience. The car hadn't even clocked 28,000 KMs when I had given it in, but the alert had come up on the MFD, so in she went.

I told the service advisor (Faisal) not to do anything unnecessary that wasn't mandated by VW. So no engine decarbonisation, no throttle cleaning, no ac inspection, no nothing. He cottoned on to the fact I meant that, and did the usual stuff; filters, oil change, et al.

The bill came to just shy of Rs. 12,000, which was a pleasant surprise given that the initial quote was for Rs. 13,500 or so. The only thing that baffles me is the "cowl cleaning" quoted in the bill. I had asked them to check on the horn, since it sounded weaker than I remember. Don't remember this whole cowl nonsense. Will check in on that. Other than that, the bill seems fine.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-1-copy.jpg

Only downside is that there's a pipe for the headlight washer spray that is apparently kaput, and they didn't tell me about it until they had readied the car for delivery! What's worse, it's apparently not covered under warranty (have my suspicion I was misinformed about that) and so I'll have to shell out the princely sum of Rs. 2,8xx to fix it, which I will.

What's worse is that they used some oily rag to clean the windows, and when the windows were rolled down and then back up in front of me, a fine film of oil formed on both front windows. Think I see it on the driver side ORVM too. It'll be cleaned out in a jiffy, but it reeks of a half-baked cleaning job done in a hurry.

Anyways, reasonably happy with things, all in all. Time to get this baby detailed properly (3M? Kamyo? Motoshines?) and continue to enjoy it. Until then, peace out.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-img_1409.jpg
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks