Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 17:24   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Perhaps, Scorpio owners might have received XUV 500 coffee-table book and toy car!
The marketing logic in sending Scorpio coffee- table book to an XUV beats me.
Usually manufacturer will advertise same or a higher product to an existing customer.
Anyways, the coffee- table book of XUV is the one with ASEAN rally pics I guess, I saw the same in Anant cars waiting lounge.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 21:38   #107
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Usually manufacturer will advertise same or a higher product to an existing customer.
Perhaps, Mahindra wanted to dispose of the old copies of the book in the name of prizes! Thank god, I didn't get the coffee-table book and the toy car of either Verito or Verito Vibe!

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-img_1367.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th June 2014 at 21:56.
  (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 10:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Ravi , I noticed that you gave a 8/10 to the ride quality of your XUV . How does it compare to the ride quality of your Linea ?

Some users have complained on the stiff ride quality of the XUV.
Old 11th June 2014, 10:58   #109
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How does it compare to the ride quality of your Linea ?
One should not compare a sedan and a cross-over for ride quality, IMO. My erstwhile Linea might have scored centum as far as ride quality is concerned. But, nowadays, I don't reduce the speed of my XUV 500 while driving over rough patches, potholes, speed-breakers, etc. I don't fear of bottom-scraping any more. In Linea, I used to crawl over these unfriendly stretches; but, in spite of my careful driving, my erstwhile Linea suffered from countless bottom-scraping. The maximum speed achieved in my XUV 500 on a 4-lane highway is still 30 kmph less than my erstwhile Linea's. So, in nutshell, I cannot have the cake and eat it too.
  (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 17:28   #110
BHPian

Raviji,

Excellent ownership review. Very detailed. Wish you many happy miles with you purple cheetah.

I am also planning to upgrade and took XUV test drive last week.
What is camping light? It's mentioned in brochure.

Thanks.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:01   #111
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Excellent ownership review. Very detailed. Wish you many happy miles with you purple cheetah.
Thanks a lot for the compliments and wishes, mp417.

Quote:
I am also planning to upgrade and took XUV test drive last week.
Advance congratulations and best wishes.

Quote:
What is camping light?
This is the light provided on the inside of the hatch-door, which will illuminate the surroundings, if switched on when the hatch-door is open.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-campinglight.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 00:09   #112
J.Ravi

A Whirlwind Trip To & Fro Pondy

Yesterday [25 June 2014], self, wife and Purple Cheetah left our Chennai Royapettah home at 2:30 pm, reached Pondy at 5:30 pm, got Purple Cheetah tankful of diesel at Ashram BP pump costing ₹ 59.90/litre, completed our work, left Pondy at 7:30 pm, dined at Hotel Aaryas Garden at Tindivanam bypass, left the hotel at 9 pm and reached home at 11 pm after wading through infinite sand-laden trucks that spilled sand on all other road-users.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-chennaipondychennai25062014.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0068.jpg

We spotted this Mahindra S101 test-mule at Maraimalai Nagar toll plaza on NH 45 while driving towards Pondy:

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0065.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th June 2014 at 00:15.
  (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 19:19   #113
BHPian

Ravi, first and foremost, hats-off to you for your spirit and the love for the road-chomping. I read this log of yours page to page right from the beginning till the very end without a break. I am very happy to see your enthusiasm for your vehicle and that of your wife's too. It indeed is a blessing to have such a considerate better-half . I loved your attention for detail for your ride and the care you display for your vehicle, it's very evident through this entire log. I once again congratulate you for being such an enthused soul and wish you many many happy journeys ahead. God bless!
Gentle Giant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 15:57   #114
J.Ravi

Today, I cleaned the exhaust tips getting them rid of as much carbon deposits as possible in one sitting. But, they require another sitting to make them completely carbon-free.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-exhaust2.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-exhaust1.jpg

Yesterday, I cleaned the alloy wheels and checked tyre pressure using my phone's TPMS, VIAIR digital tyre pressure gauge and VIAIR analog pressure gauge attached to the 12 V portable compressor. While the second and the last showed the same pressure, the first one showed slightly higher pressure. The rear left tyre required additional air of 2 psi, which I filled up through the portable compressor. Another thing I experienced was the pressure loss in a month is very negligible in my Purple Cheetah, whereas it used to be around 2 psi/month in case of erstwhile Linea.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc02555.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
I once again congratulate you for being such an enthused soul and wish you many many happy journeys ahead. God bless!
Thanks a lot for the compliments, wishes and appreciation, Gentle Giant.
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 21:32   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Today, I cleaned the exhaust tips getting them rid of as much carbon deposits as possible in one sitting. But, they require another sitting to make them completely carbon-free.
Ravi Sir, your thread is increasing my temptation to buy a cheetha

the day is not very far!
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 22:41   #116
BHPian

A very interesting thread. If you had not posted pictures of your self, after reading your narration, I would have thought you were in your late 20s

Two things caught my attention. (I have a purple cheetah myself). The car does have double crank protection doesn't it? Or maybe you are referring to something else?
Also, do check the manual and the service folks. I think it is very explicitly mentioned that you shouldn't use any steering covers. Doing so might impact the air bag deploy. Kindly check.
triedeverything is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:25   #117
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
your thread is increasing my temptation to buy a cheetha
Let your temptation lead to the ownership. Welcome to the gang, the earlier the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
If you had not posted pictures of your self, after reading your narration, I would have thought you were in your late 20s
Thanks for the nice words, triedeverything.

Quote:
The car does have double crank protection doesn't it? Or maybe you are referring to something else?
I am absolutely sure. Once, I cranked the engine while it was still idling just for testing purpose. XUV 500 is not equipped with double-crank protection. When my Cheetah got stalled while being in the second gear, I could easily start the engine again from ON position without completely switching off the engine. In my erstwhile Linea, I had to completely switch off the engine before starting again. Neither the owner's manual nor the brochure mention this feature.

Quote:
I think it is very explicitly mentioned that you shouldn't use any steering covers. Doing so might impact the air bag deploy.
The owner's manual cautions against having seat covers, which will prevent deployment of airbags; but not steering cover. The steering cover encloses the circumference of the steering and it does not cover the airbag area at the centre.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 2nd July 2014 at 08:38.

Old 2nd July 2014, 09:10   #118
BHPian

Quote:

I am absolutely sure. Once, I cranked the engine while it was still idling just for testing purpose. XUV 500 is not equipped with double-crank protection.
Strange. So what happened when you cranked the engine while it was still idling? Did the starter try to crank again? In my car... if the engine is on, and if you turn the key... nothing happens. And mine is an August 2013 model. I thought that was what you meant by saying double crank protection. And if it is cranking again in your car.. then I'd suggest you need to take this up with the ASC. Try other XUVs there. They will not crank again when the engine is already on.
triedeverything is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:17   #119
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
So what happened when you cranked the engine while it was still idling? Did the starter try to crank again?
I remember I heard some grinding noise like 'grrrr' and I stopped experimenting. In my erstwhile Linea, the key cannot be turned to 'START' position, when the engine was running.

Old 2nd July 2014, 09:24   #120
BHPian

Quote:
I remember I heard some grinding noise like 'grrrr' and I stopped experimenting. In my erstwhile Linea, the key cannot be turned to 'START' position, when the engine was running.
Then Ravi.. something is definitely wrong. I reconfirmed with another XUV owner. You can also see this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2870883

I actually tried it only after I saw this post.
triedeverything is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks