Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 20:29   #91
BHPian

Hi Friends!! A happy day for me,booked the City V Diesel today :-) I was just wondering how at one point of time I was planning to start in the morning,take a test drive of all possible cars including sedan,SUV etc and ended up booking the City not even looking at other options!!
I sure was tilted towards the Verna and yes ended up booking the city. Guess there are many like me out there and that is why sales of other sedans are suffering so much!!
Took a test drive of the petrol variant as well and did not like the performance much. The fun factor and the zing is somewhat lacking in petrol compared to the diesel. Only if petrol and diesel prices equal in near future am I going to change my options.
Tried my best to get a cash discount but must admit at the moment getting a discount on the city is like milking a bull!!!! However,he has agreed upon giving me parking sensors free of cost( cost around 4.5k) Although camera is there in this model,guess the sensors would be handy and I was willing enough to grab whatever was offered 😃
Waiting period of about three months and I have requested him for a delivery in the first month of October. Keeping fingers crossed that rest of events go smoothly.
Any advice would be very much welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 7th July 2014, 20:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Tried my best to get a cash discount but must admit at the moment getting a discount on the city is like milking a bull!!!!
Ha Ha

Quote:
Hi Friends!! A happy day for me,booked the City V Diesel today :-) I was just wondering how at one point of time I was planning to start in the morning,take a test drive of all possible cars including sedan,SUV etc and ended up booking the City not even looking at other options!! Waiting period of about three months and I have requested him for a delivery in the first month of October. Keeping fingers crossed that rest of events go smoothly.
Any advice would be very much welcome.
Congratulations and Welcome to the Honda Club ...And Happy Waiting. I think you should keep reminding them and do frequent follow-ons to ensure there are no more delays than what is promised. Which color did you go for?
Old 7th July 2014, 20:59   #93
BHPian

Hi srivatsa. I guess I should thank you first and all those on this forum for helping me make the correct decision!! You are right when you say that I have to be in touch and keep reminding them. Although the guy has promised me a delivery in October first week which is auspicious for Hindus. I guess buying a new car is just like getting a new baby!! There are so many factors involved,booking being only the conception stage!! 😄 One problem at any stage can create issues. Just keep hoping for the best!!
I have booked the red one,I just love the color 😊

DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 07:04   #94
Geo
BHPian

re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

You may not believe this but I had got a survey call from the dealer the day before I got my ivtec svmt. The lady who called checked if I was offered any freebies or offers. I confirmed there wasn't any. She clarified that none of the Honda dealers are allowed to offer any freebies.
Old 8th July 2014, 08:21   #95
BHPian

Hmmm..... That is a good piece of information and I'll keep this in mind in case I get a call from Honda. No wonder even after using all my skills to bargain I couldn't get any cash discounts!
The sensors he has given in writing so I guess that would be done.
Old 25th July 2014, 11:19   #96
BHPian

Can anyone update about the fuel efficiency, i have a kind of a problem.

Took delivery of SV - Golden Brown three weeks back, and i took it for a long drive last week for a distance of 600 Kms, the average FE came to only 18.56 KMPL, i was bit surprised about this - too low.

i drove at a speed of 100-110, without cruise most of the time,

Have also given for 1st - 1000 kms service also, can someone help me with the issue, is there something wrong with my vehicle, is anyone having a similar kind of issue
Old 26th July 2014, 12:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post

Took delivery of SV - Golden Brown three weeks back, and i took it for a long drive last week for a distance of 600 Kms, the average FE came to only 18.56 KMPL, i was bit surprised about this - too low.

Have also given for 1st - 1000 kms service also, can someone help me with the issue, is there something wrong with my vehicle, is anyone having a similar kind of issue
Fuel Efficiency depends on a lot of parameters such as how you accelerate and how often you braked in the 600 kms that you covered. If you feel that braking was less and you remained consistently in the 100 range then I think you may want to raise that as in issue with the Service Center. Also, if you drove at speeds beyond 110 kmph then the mileage will drop.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 14:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Chill bro ckmraja. An FE of 18.56 kmpl, is by no means lower for a brand new car, whose engine has not even completely run in. Besides what vsrivatsa has mentioned, let the engine components, transmission settle for a few more thousand kms, let the first oil change happen and you are bound to see a drastic improvement in the FE figures. Your engine will free up with new found eagerness.

If you take the same route at similar speeds after your car has run 5K kms and completed first oil change, I guarantee you will see at least 2-3 kmpl improvement in your current figures. Further improvement can be achieved by driving at steady speeds of 80-90 kmph, minimal braking and keeping th revs below 2K rpm.

On a side note, my 10 year old Indica, which has run 1,46,000 kms, now gives me an FE of 18.5 kmpl in summers and 19.5 kmpl in winters (with full AC) for mixed city-highway driving. However for the first 6 months, before its first oil change it gave me ridiculously low FE of 15.56 kmpl on an average.

Hope you can make out what I am trying to say. There is no problem in your car as far as FE is concerned. You will come to know this few months (thousand kms) down the line.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th July 2014 at 14:33.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 15:20   #99
BHPian

Quote:

There is a compilation on how frugal the new city is. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3479767

Apart from the factors mentioned by vsrivatsa and AutoIndian, the above compilation points you to some factors like load, tyre used , whether AC was on. Based on ownership reviews, be assured that you will get excellent Fuel Efficiency. You may need to figure out how to extract the best
Old 26th July 2014, 15:58   #100
BHPian

Just to add a quick point... one of my senior who recently bought a V diesel told me he is getting 18 in city and got 24 when he went for a long highway drive. These figures are pre first service figures and I really found them impressive. No matter how good a driver one is, such figures are superb for a sedan! !
Old 26th July 2014, 17:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to add a quick point... one of my senior who recently bought a V diesel told me he is getting 18 in city and got 24 when he went for a long highway drive. These figures are pre first service figures and I really found them impressive. No matter how good a driver one is, such figures are superb for a sedan! !
Indeed these figures are superb. Could you also check with him:
  • How long was his highway drive?
  • What speed did he maintain for that drive?
  • What was the passenger/luggage load in the car?
  • Did he use the ACC?
  • What was the tyre pressure maintained (this plays a very important role in the FE of any car)?
If we can get answers to the above questions, then we can compare with the driving conditions of ckmraja and his mileage figures.
Old 26th July 2014, 17:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

Will post my FE figures in detail in my ownership thread but as the topic is how much i-dtec is giving i would like to add the figures in my city. Its run in 730km till now. Max i got is 24kmpl on a trip to Meerut. In delhi region on first tankful i got 18kmpl and on current one i am getting 15.5kmpl due to excessive jams and bumper to bumper drive. ACC is always on.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 22:54   #103
BHPian

Quote:

I get no more than 13.5-14 (city driving (not bumper to bumper traffic)) , it drops to about 12.5-13 in dense traffic conditions. If that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Will post my FE figures in detail in my ownership thread but as the topic is how much i-dtec is giving i would like to add the figures in my city. Its run in 730km till now. Max i got is 24kmpl on a trip to Meerut. In delhi region on first tankful i got 18kmpl and on current one i am getting 15.5kmpl due to excessive jams and bumper to bumper drive. ACC is always on.
This is definitely reassuring , after everyone reporting nothing less than 17-18km/l , frankly even 14km/l is the highest of any cars we have owned and we are pretty happy with this.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 07:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Car Door Sill Scuff Plate - Illuminated

I recently added the Sill Scuff Plates to the car. I went with the recommendation of the other BHPians on the forum who purchased the item and got it fitted from outside. These cost about 1,300 on ebay : URL

These are a set of 4 plates, two each for front and rear and come with Blue LED illumination. The original from showroom displays the words CITY while these aftermarket fitments come with the lettering for Honda i-DTEC.

I ordered these off ebay and received them with good packaging. I also had a 7% OFF coupon which further reduced the price by another 90/-. I had A1 Car Care guys fit these onto the car. From what I could see, I did not feel it was a D-I-Y kind of thing. It took them about 1 hour to install these and they also had to add some additional wires as the wires that came with the kit was not long enough. In any case, happy with the results and below are the pictures of the new accessory.

Front Doors:

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1180511.jpg

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1180512.jpg

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1180513.jpg

Rear Doors:
2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-rear_p1180508.jpg

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-rear_p1180509.jpg

Overall, adds a nice fancy glow especially in the evening and night times
vsrivatsa is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 09:11   #105
BHPian

These scuff plates look really good and I guess at this price it adds a lot of glamour!!
One query though....will installing these from outside have any effect on the warranty? Esp coz these require the electricals of the car to be tampered with. Any idea?

DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks