Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 23:30   #1
BHPian

Another Baleno added to team-bhp stable

Hi friends,

At last I bought my Baleno which I was looking for in the past. After searching for a good used one I had planned to book a new Lxi but then I came across jan 2006 Vxi in true value the only thing was that the owner had covered whooping 18K kms in just 4 months, but I really don’t mind that and in the end the deal struck at 5.35 lacs which includes 2 yrs extended warranty, bought it on down payment as interest rate on used cars is very high.
The car is really good to drive took it to mussoire last weekend, one thing is that Baleno has a gem of an engine really flat torque curve which makes driving such a pleasure. I get high driving this car, one the best cars to sprint on red lights .
After driving Vxi for about 1000kms I really feel that the Vxi is worth the extra money spent if someone is planning to buy one. The best part is this package come with company fitted stuff and all you get is a stock car without anyone fiddling with it.
  • Alloys and wider tyres: 27K. stays glued to the ground around the corners at high speeds moreover Baleno looks bald with those skinny tyres in Lxi.
  • Remote central locking: 5K. must have thing in any car.
  • Spoiler: 12K. the only possible accessory to uplift looks of the rear.
  • Sliver console: 1K. makes interiors a better.
  • MP3 player 12K: Pretty decent player.
  • Power antenna: 3 K. Pretty ok feature.
  • Climate control: simply superb doesn’t look that impressive on paper but after using it you will say that this is the best part in vxi after wider tyres, thats simply a blessing for the ppl sitting in the front.
  • Adjustable driver seat height: good if you are small.
  • Demister: really useful in winters.
That comes around 60K + cost of the last 3 items so this is worth every penny spent.
Will post pics of the car soon and add more about the its performance.

Cheers,
Naveen

Last edited by speedemon : 6th July 2006 at 23:32.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:04   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Yet another man bitten by the baleno .. Happy revving her mate .. She wont let u down ..
Old 7th July 2006, 17:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club .. which colour ?

Btw, what is the OTR price for a new VXi in your city ?
5.35L for 18K kms .. seems like the resale value is not as bad as it is made out to be .. of course truevalue prices would be more ..
Old 8th July 2006, 10:45   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the cohorts of Baleno kamikazes!
What tyres/alloys did you get, I got my Vxi just before the "new" baleno, so have 165/80 Bridgestones.
ANd guys - What are the downsides of wider tyres, mileage and ride comfort?
Old 8th July 2006, 11:01   #5
BHPian

Hi you can my baleno as another one , I will post pictures of my car shortly(i am aa new memeber), it is a silky silver color, incidently this is my second Baleno, it is running 195 R 15 Yokos , side OEM SKIRTS, OEM FOGS, Stanley Leather seats( you should see the pics to beleive it) also let me know how to start a forum for only Baleno owners
Old 9th July 2006, 14:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
Welcome to the cohorts of Baleno kamikazes!
What tyres/alloys did you get, I got my Vxi just before the "new" baleno, so have 165/80 Bridgestones.
ANd guys - What are the downsides of wider tyres, mileage and ride comfort?
This is 2006 model so comes with 185/65/R14 tubeless tyres and new alloys. Stability is really good with these tyres but dont know about the mileage.
Old 10th July 2006, 08:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Count me in too but its a month old now....
Only mod is 185/70-13 GIIIs Lxi Silky silver
Old 10th July 2006, 11:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon
This is 2006 model so comes with 185/65/R14 tubeless tyres and new alloys. Stability is really good with these tyres but dont know about the mileage.
Filcord and speedemon....about 3 months ago I took delivery of an LXi and upgraded to 14" Neo alloys and 185/65 R14 Goodyear Eagle NCT5 tubeless tyres. I had test driven a LXi with the OEM 165/80 R13 tyres. The grip and ride are definitely better. Pressure maintained is 26 psi. As regards FE, I did'nt have a chance to make a comparison but I regularly get more than 11kmpl in Mumbai city traffic with 100% AC. I don't think there would be a big difference with the narrower tyres (maybe 0.25 kmpl at the most) . People with Balenos having the OEM tyres claimed the same FE. I would advise most to upgrade to 14" alloys + 185/65 R14. If that is a stretch then to 185/70 R13 tyres at the least. And Filcord, in Goa you need the extra grip especially if you do plenty of highway(inter city) driving.
Old 11th July 2006, 23:11   #9
BHPian

Me tooo

Hi guys
This is my first post on the forum, though i have been your passive member for more than a year now. I bought my baleno Lxi yesterday after an impulsive decision (taken after test driving it for about 500meters) I sold my ikon and felt very bad. I hope i get attached to baleno the same way as i used to love my ikon.
shiv
Old 12th July 2006, 09:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

@shivmarwaha, you were not the first one to have fallen for the Baleno babe after a short first date (read test drive).
I am another (happy) victim. I had finalised the WagonR as my car and me and my wife even decided the color to be black. And then, I did a test drive of the Baleno just for the heck of it. The rest, to use a much abused cliche, is history. Before you realise it, the Baleno would have made you forget your previous car.
Old 12th July 2006, 10:08   #11
BHPian

Good to hear from the baleno owners.......... btw how much does the fog lamps costs ?
Old 12th July 2006, 10:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

The original fog lamps (Suzuki Genuine Accessories) come around 12.5K - the high prices are because they are imported, I guess.
Prices might have dropped since I checked them a year ago.
Old 12th July 2006, 18:07   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nope the fogs are still priced at 13k+ taxes at bangalore ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks