Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 09:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
One tyre had lost all it's treads and caused severe vibration at speeds above 100 kmph, after removing the tyre got shocked seeing it's condition.
Very uneven tyre wear. Hope you have done wheel balancing & alignment after replacing tyres. Would also suggest checking suspension components on wheel that had this worn out tyre. It would also be prudent on checking with innova driver (yours being chauffeur driven) why was he so late in detecting uneven tyre wear, tyre burst at high speeds on highway would have been risky.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 10:29   #107
BHPian

Hope you are having nice time with Toyota siblings.

Quote:
Hey,
The just wanted to ask did the service guys change the coolant after replacing the coolant pump? If that is the case then I see no reason to worry as the photos at 2000km and 3000km are almost the same, meaning the coolant level has settled down after some running. I would say wait for 5000 km mark and then take a call. Because it is common for the coolant level to drop once it's entirely flushed. Happened in my friend's and a few other member's new Thar too.
Just thought of providing an update about coolant drop issue. Your findings were spot on.

Reported the issue to Toyota. They did thorough checking for 2 days. They were providing me frequent updates about the different tests they were carrying out. Did pressure test to identify any leak in coolant system, checked it running idle for 4-5 hours and did 75km road test. Couldn't find any leak in the system and final observation was, There might be some air vacuum in the cooling system after changing water pimp. So after some drop it will settle down. Looks like that's the situation here.
They have shared me pressure test video, few snaps and showed me the response which they sent to Toyota.
Might be after replacing the pump they may not bleed the system properly.

Along with this, did 60K service and they haven't charged me anything for this investigation.

I have covered around 4500km after this tests and coolant level remains almost same, only a very minor drop.

Overall I am happy with the way they have addressed the issue.

Thanks all for the support.
Old 19th March 2017, 12:59   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

- Changing brake pads every 50k kms is decent. But the Discs being changed twice is something unheard of, you'll be surprised to know but my Innova had it's front brake pads changed recently at 62k and the rear brake shoes are still the ones that came with the car when it had 30kms on its ODO and still have 5k kms life in them.
Way back in 2014 I had mentioned that I got my Front brake pads changed and that my SA advised me not to change the rear brake shoes since they had life left.

Finally got my brake shoes changed today during the 1.1lakh KMS service. SA said they were down to bare minimum. So they served me for 1.1lakh KMS. Wow! Just wow!

Total cost of 1,10,000kms service was ₹9917 including the brake pad change. All the couplers and sensors were cleaned, engine oil and filter changed. Oil filter gasket changed and got the rear wiper blade changed. Also got AC ducts cleaned.

Also stopped servicing my car at the intermediate 5k KMS (from 95k kms,1.05k kms, etc.,). Asked my SA about it and he said that it is not actually needed, plus my car is out of warranty and every 10k is the actual service. So next service at 1.20lakh KMS which is a major service.

OT: Test drove the Toyota Fortuner 4*4AT while I was waiting there.

Last edited by Shanksta : 19th March 2017 at 13:04.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
2,20,000km update:
Sent the car for it's 2,20,000 km service last week. Got the engine oil changed. The drive belt had developed some cracks so got that replaced, it costed around Rs.4,000. That's costlier than the timing belt too.
Tyres:
Hi,
I need one help regarding the belt noise, I own an Innova (2013 model 3rd generation, had run ~49K over the last 4 yrs), I am facing one issue, I get some belt noise from engine, the thing is that it is not happening all the time, some day at early morning start I get this noise, and after some 1-2 mins it vanish. It is not always reproducible, so I recorded this sound and took it to service center over last week, they told that the noise is due to dust accumulation at the belt, and pulley etc is fine, and no other issues. They told that they have cleaned the belt, and if issue still remain then the belt should be replaced, at present there is no crack of anything on the belt. Anyone else face this issue? And what was the remedy? the noise came back in two days’ time and the dust clean up on the belt didn’t seems to be helping. Do I really have to replace the belt? As per service manual the belt needs to be replaced after 100K, but it looks like in my case I have to replace it much earlier, Can you please help?

Thanks and Regards
Manoj
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:38   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj View Post
Hi,

I need one help regarding the belt noise, I own an Innova (2013 model 3rd generation, had run ~49K over the last 4 yrs), I am facing one issue, I get some belt noise from engine, the thing is that it is not happening all the time, some day at early morning start I get this noise, and after some 1-2 mins it vanish. It is not always reproducible, so I recorded this sound and took it to service center over last week, they told that the noise is due to dust accumulation at the belt, and pulley etc is fine, and no other issues. They told that they have cleaned the belt, and if issue still remain then the belt should be replaced, at present there is no crack of anything on the belt. Anyone else face this issue? And what was the remedy? the noise came back in two days’ time and the dust clean up on the belt didn’t seems to be helping. Do I really have to replace the belt? As per service manual the belt needs to be replaced after 100K, but it looks like in my case I have to replace it much earlier, Can you please help?

Thanks and Regards

Manoj

Hey
I too have faced the belt noise issue. Not once. It 2-: times. It increases in the monsoon when the belts are moist.
I would advise get it changed. As I think your car is standing for a large amount of time. It doesn't cost too much as it is. Think of it as preventive maintenance.
Old 21st May 2017, 18:29   #111
BHPian

2,25,000km Update
The car crossed 2,25,000 km last week. Ghodbunder bridge work as well as having a Fortuner has reduced it's running quite a bit. The Innova was being sparingly used since the past months as I was travelling by train mostly, I used give the Innova to my brother who stays in Vasai itself and take the train to Vasai.

There is nothing wrong in the car as of now. The AC had become a little weak but I think I can live with it. Last I checked I was getting 11 kmpl with half an hour idling at Ghodbunder bridge, not bad considering it's a 2,25,000 km done car. I think the pick up has reduced a bit, may be the flywheel is at the fag end of it's life as the car knocks a bit while lifting foot of the clutch when the vehicle has load. Will take it up with the service guys when I take it for service in June.

Here is a pic I took of the Odo
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_6804.jpg

That's all for now. Requesting mods to change thread title.
dean5545 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hey
I too have faced the belt noise issue. Not once. It 2-: times. It increases in the monsoon when the belts are moist.
I would advise get it changed. As I think your car is standing for a large amount of time. It doesn't cost too much as it is. Think of it as preventive maintenance.
Hi Dean,

I have changed the drive belt during the 50K service, the service center were reluctant to change, as per them it is not so major issue, and it needs to be changed when the sound further increase, i really have to push them for a change, and finally they agreed to it, they also told that it is better to change the alternator pulley as well, so changed that as well, it is almost 1 month, and the sound is not resurfaced yet. thank you for the suggestion,

I also want to change the tyres as well, came with bridgestone B390 as factory fitted, it is ran 51K/3.8Yrs, and still thread left with them, as per toyota it can last still further, at least another 10K more, but is it better to change now itself? already crossed 50K mark, and as per your comments in other post the suggestion is to use Michelin XM2 correct? i plan to continue with same size 205/65/R15. And is it better to stick with dealer? or get it done outside? toyota dealer doesn't seems to have michelin, only bridgestone/yokohama/appolo. so if i need michelin i have check outside. as per SA for tyre/battery it is better to stick with dealer as the price will be lower, i haven't checked the price with dealer, so not sure about the price comparison,

What should be the plan for battery update? stock battery is going on, and as per service center the battery gravity is ok, and continue using it, can you please confirm? tyres and battery is the thing which i worry the most at this point for the next 50K, Can you please help,

Rest everything seems ok, and happily munching miles, me too a happy innova owner,

Thanks and Regards
Manoj
Old 30th May 2017, 19:42   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dean,

I have changed the drive belt during the 50K service, the service center were reluctant to change, as per them it is not so major issue, and it needs to be changed when the sound further increase, i really have to push them for a change, and finally they agreed to it, they also told that it is better to change the alternator pulley as well, so changed that as well, it is almost 1 month, and the sound is not resurfaced yet. thank you for the suggestion,

I also want to change the tyres as well, came with bridgestone B390 as factory fitted, it is ran 51K/3.8Yrs, and still thread left with them, as per toyota it can last still further, at least another 10K more, but is it better to change now itself? already crossed 50K mark, and as per your comments in other post the suggestion is to use Michelin XM2 correct? i plan to continue with same size 205/65/R15. And is it better to stick with dealer? or get it done outside? toyota dealer doesn't seems to have michelin, only bridgestone/yokohama/appolo. so if i need michelin i have check outside. as per SA for tyre/battery it is better to stick with dealer as the price will be lower, i haven't checked the price with dealer, so not sure about the price comparison,

What should be the plan for battery update? stock battery is going on, and as per service center the battery gravity is ok, and continue using it, can you please confirm? tyres and battery is the thing which i worry the most at this point for the next 50K, Can you please help,

Rest everything seems ok, and happily munching miles, me too a happy innova owner,

Thanks and Regards
Manoj
Hi,
Good that you changed the belt.
Regarding the tyres it's of no use buying the tyres from the Dealer as they themselves will be procuring it from some vendor. It is not that they are buying it from Toyota. I would suggest you to get the tyres changed before monsoon arises. My advise would be to go for Michelin from a branded Tyre shop. Check for the Tyre manufacturing week.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 21:49   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2,25,000km Update
The car crossed 2,25,000 km last week. Here is a pic I took of the Odo
Congratulations. That's a lot of driving for one car under private use. Speaks volumes for the driver(s) in your family and Toyota.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 15:39   #115
BHPian

Hi Dean,

Sorry for the repeated post, I need one more info. One of recent cleaning exercise over weekend I noticed some oil stain near the air filter. As far as I remember this oil stain was not there before. So I took the car to the Toyota dealer and they confirmed that it is quite normal, and this is there in other innova’s as well. And showed me the same in the nearby parked car. The explanation given to me is that it is the oil fumes come due to cool air running from the air filter. But I am not very convinced, can you please help with this issue, is this normal? If so what is the exact cause for this? Why the oil fumes should come to air filter? till this time I don’t remember seeing this, every weekend I used to check the fluid level and for any oil marks, but never remember seeing this, Following is the snaps from the engine bay, I don’t experience any smoke issue while running the car or while starting the car, this car is 2013 model, run around 52K, last serviced on 50K, and no issues were reported during that time.

1. Oil stain mark
2. After cleaning up the oil, and location of the oil stain issue

Please help,

Thanks and Regards
Manoj
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20170603_114348.jpg  

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20170604_131532_mod.jpg  

Old 9th June 2017, 16:06   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations. That's a lot of driving for one car under private use. Speaks volumes for the driver(s) in your family and Toyota.
Thanks alot sir. Regarding higher usage under private use, it was mainly due to the fact that the car was the sole car of ours for 7 long years and the fact that our daily travelling is around 100km on an average. We also do alot of outstation trips for leisure so that too adds to the mileage( Done Mumbai-Kerala twice). But not once has it let me down. Even now there are no squeaks or rattles.

Quote:
Hi Dean,

Sorry for the repeated post, I need one more info. One of recent cleaning exercise over weekend I noticed some oil stain near the air filter. As far as I remember this oil stain was not there before.

..... can you please help with this issue, is this normal? If so what is the exact cause for this?
Please help,
The oil stain marks gave me sleepless nights two years back. I had started to think that my turbo was leaking oil. I asked my service advisor the same question, he quickly dismissed it saying it was normal. He showed me 2 other Innova's which had the same oil stains.
So it is completely normal. May be you didn't notice it earlier. The reason told to me by the advisor was that there is a lot of moisture along with oil particles that leak at that particular joint due to high pressure air passing through the hose. Hence the dirt from outside get attracted to it and it forms a thick layer.

I didn't dig deep because my car was running fine. Hope it helps.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 20:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dean,

Sorry for the repeated post, I need one more info. One of recent cleaning exercise over weekend I noticed some oil stain near the air filter. As far as I remember this oil stain was not there before. So I took the car to the Toyota dealer and they confirmed that it is quite normal, and this is there in other innova’s as well. And showed me the same in the nearby parked car. The explanation given to me is that it is the oil fumes come due to cool air running from the air filter. But I am not very convinced, can you please help with this issue, is this normal? If so what is the exact cause for this? Why the oil fumes should come to air filter? till this time I don’t remember seeing this, every weekend I used to check the fluid level and for any oil marks, but never remember seeing this, Following is the snaps from the engine bay, I don’t experience any smoke issue while running the car or while starting the car, this car is 2013 model, run around 52K, last serviced on 50K, and no issues were reported during that time.

1. Oil stain mark
2. After cleaning up the oil, and location of the oil stain issue

Please help,

Thanks and Regards
Manoj
Hello Manoj,

As per my understanding the pipe is coming from PCV valve

So if you look at the line diagram below it shows that the oil stain marks that you are observing at connection are may be because of worn out PCV valve (Oil separator) or some of the blowby that are still escaping from the oil separator. I would suggest you to ask you SA to check the PCV valve properly during regular service. I hope this would help.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_20170604_131532_mod.jpg  

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-download.jpg  

akshay386 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 15:18   #118
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 2,50,000 km up!

Long Due Update:
After getting the Fortuner I haven't really updated this thread. The Innova is still there with us, serving us obediently without throwing much of a fuss. However, it's now being used by my cousin brother full time.

My brother stays just 3 km from our factory the running has come down significantly. It has done just 25,000km since I last updated this thread. The odo now stands at 2,50,000km.

In the past 2 years I have gotten the entire suspension set changed once, a new set of tyres, again went for Michelin XM2+. Had to get the windshield repaired once as a naughty boy threw a bottle from his 4th floor house on it(luckily it didn't land on my head). The A/C had gone weak in July so had to get that fixed too.

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_7775.jpg
Windshield cracked

Apart from this the Innova still drives as good as new. The interiors have taken a beating as we use the Innova to carry raw materials quite a bit. However I still have no rattles.

I have decided to never sell it (I do get the itch to sell it when it goes to the workshop, looking at the bills) But I know I will get peanuts for it if I sell it now, so I have decided to keep it. It will turn 10 years old this March.

Sadly I don't have any good pictures of the Innova with me. But I'll post some pictures of the 5545 brothers.

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_7355.jpg

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_7889.jpg

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_7893.jpg
Group photo taken a year back when our company was attending an exhibition.

That's all for now. Shall keep you posted.
dean5545 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 08:19   #119
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 2,50,000 km up!

Quote:

I have decided to never sell it (I do get the itch to sell it when it goes to the workshop, looking at the bills)
Hi Dean,
I am curios to know why the bills are expensive. Generally I have heard from many Toyota owners that the maintenance costs are low, although once a while I have also heard that spares costs are very high in a Toyota and hence some people trade off their cars at around 1L kms and go for another Toyota. Not sure how much of spares cost being high is true. We and extended family have owned Mahindras, Tatas, Marutis which have done 3+L kms, the spare replacements increase post 1.5L kms, but then the spares are not costlier in these brands.

For us, Toyota has been in consideration for quite a long time. I would like to know more on the spares and maintenance costs post 1.5 L kms. If possible please mention few spares that were replaced in your car and the approximate costs.

Thank you.
Old 9th January 2020, 09:50   #120
BANNED

Well even my Innova 2.5g completed 2,25,000kms a few days ago. But I don't remember which variant it is a g, g1, g2, g3, g4 or the top gx. So does any one have any idea how to identify.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks