Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2020, 16:45   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREKKER WOODS View Post
Well even my Innova 2.5g completed 2,25,000 kms a few days ago. But I don't remember which variant it is a g, g1, g2, g3, g4 or the top gx. So does any one have any idea how to identify. Thanks
Check the registration certificate and even the invoice if you have it. Last option is to call the dealer and query TKM's system with your registration # and VIN.
Old 4th July 2020, 12:30   #122
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!

The Innova completed it's 10th year with us this March. I had just gotten the A/C Cooling coil replaced and was using it for a week as the Fortuner was in the garage for some body shop repairs. I was really happy with the car and had decided not to sell it.

The backseat comfort is supreme even after 2.5 lakhs.
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_2762.jpg

I got my Fortuner back from the workshop and handed over the Innova to my brother. The very next day he sent me pictures showing that the fuel tank is leaking, AGAIN! We had just got the fuel tank repaired a few months back, this time we decided to source a new fuel tank and fit it from a FNG. Total expense incurred was 10,000/-

My father, however decided that he does not want to spend anymore on the cars upkeep (we had just spend 14,000 on the A/C, some more on Insurance, tyres and so on, all in all about 55-60 grand in the past 6 months itself)so we decided to sell it if we get the right price. Within hours of just telling people near us I had offers lined up. I got offers as low as 3.75 lakhs. In the next 2 days I found a buyer who was willing to pay 4.2lakhs for the car, which I thought was a fair deal for a 10year old 2.5lakh km driven car.
I had purchased it for 10,96,000/- so was still getting 40% of the money after 10years of rigorous use!
And just like this the Innova was sold a week before lockdown.

Some pictures of the Innova in it's last days of ownership with us

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-whatsapp-image-20200312-09.33.01-1.jpeg

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-whatsapp-image-20200312-09.33.02.jpeg

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-whatsapp-image-20200312-09.33.01.jpeg

Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-whatsapp-image-20200312-09.33.03.jpeg

One last picture before I hand over the car(Look how teary eyed I am!(Just joking, it's the camera's flash)
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_2857.jpg

We even found a replacement for the Innova, paid the full amount for it on 18th March 2020 and then lockdown happened!

Finally took delivery of the Maruti Suzuki XL6 Auto around a week back
Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!-img_3157.jpg

And on that note we end The Toyota Innova Experience!
Was a pleasure owning one and good luck to the new owner

Needless to say the XL6 has big shoes to fill in. Let's see how it serves us. It's already done a one way trip to Kerala the very next day of delivery.
dean5545 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 13:55   #123
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Experience. EDIT: 10 years, 2,56,000 km up and SOLD!

Hi guys,

I have a different querry and did not find a better page to post it on.
Has anybody been able to add a 2 inch (approx.) lift to the (1st. gen.) Toyota Innova?
If so then what do we do to the front suspension?

The front end (tow hooks) tend to scrape the ground in certain situations. I have also been very successful in scraping the crossmember behind the front suspension. Even though small scrapes wont hurt the solid chassis on this vehicle, sometimes we just wont be able to avoid them. It also saddens us to have to do this to our pride and joy.

I hope somebody has been successful in lifting the Innova. I do not look forward to heavy modifications, just something simple like adding taller springs up front. Don't want to alter the suspension geometry too much either.

The rear setup is as simple as it gets. No worries there.

Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:19   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind422 View Post
Hi guys,

I have a different querry and did not find a better page to post it on.
Has anybody been able to add a 2 inch (approx.) lift to the (1st. gen.) Toyota Innova?
If so then what do we do to the front suspension?

The front end (tow hooks) tend to scrape the ground in certain situations. I have also been very successful in scraping the crossmember behind the front suspension. Even though small scrapes wont hurt the solid chassis on this vehicle, sometimes we just wont be able to avoid them. It also saddens us to have to do this to our pride and joy.

I hope somebody has been successful in lifting the Innova. I do not look forward to heavy modifications, just something simple like adding taller springs up front. Don't want to alter the suspension geometry too much either.

The rear setup is as simple as it gets. No worries there.

Thanks.
Hi,
I would advise against lifting just the front. Your suspension geometry will change for sure. And adding just 2 inches will not make any perceivable difference to your approach angle either.

My advise would be to live with the car as it is and go slower over these obstacles. If you still want to persist you can check with Perfamana (Mods, accessories, body kits & upholstery - PerfAmana (HH Customs) @ Kozhikode, Kerala). I have seen them install kits on the Fortuner, no idea about the Innova though.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 08:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hi,
I would advise against lifting just the front. Your suspension geometry will change for sure. And adding just 2 inches will not make any perceivable difference to your approach angle either.

My advise would be to live with the car as it is and go slower over these obstacles. If you still want to persist you can check with Perfamana (Mods, accessories, body kits & upholstery - PerfAmana (HH Customs) @ Kozhikode, Kerala). I have seen them install kits on the Fortuner, no idea about the Innova though.
Thanks a lot for the info. Will contact them as soon as possible.

I did not mean that I plan to lift just the front. I didn't put that down as I intended. My bad. What I meant was that the rear, being a solid axle, would be much more easier to lift. I also have something in mind for the rear which I plan to do if and when I find a suitable solution for the front.

As you rightly stated, lifting the front alone would definately be bad.

Thanks a lot.
Old 7th January 2023, 22:06   #126
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Lower Arm Replacement:
The Innova was having a metal creaking sond since 1,20,000 km. I had then got it inspected and was told that the Lower arm bushes have gone bust and will have to replace both the lower arms. For the time being they applied oil and gave the car back to me. Creaking every time the suspension was being exercised. We then decided to get the lower arms changed as the issue was present since ~ 80,000 km.

So this Friday got both the Lower arms as well as stabilizer linkages replaced. I feel that Toyota should have given the option of just replacing the bush. Total cost for the replacement was around Rs. 21,034 only. So now my car rides exactly as it was on day one. In the past month I have spent more than 40,000 on the car I agree that these things need to be changed in an abused 6 year old car now keeping fingers crossed.
I do not have pictures of the old lower arms but they were rusted and could make out that it was in a bad shape.
My 1.6L done, 2014 Innova is making the same sound right now. I've stopped taking it to dealership for services after the last service at 1.5L kms. My FNG told me that lower arm doesn't go bad and gave me a list of aftermarket parts to buy (which I will from Shetty Motors, Opera house next week) like Upper & lower ball joint, stabilizers, link rods etc. Total for these things is about INR 9.5k, make Sona-Mandhira.

The creaking noise is very disturbing & embarrassing. I've decided to stop spending too much at the dealership as this is no longer our primary workhorse & we may even probably sell it in the near future. So, keeping the costs to minimum for the time being.

Cheers
Old 20th May 2023, 09:44   #127

Re: 2,00,000 km Up!

How much does a clutch replacement cost for Innova
Old 25th May 2023, 16:31   #128
Senior - BHPian

Clutch change consists of 4 parts. 1 the Clutch plate itself which is about Rs 5500. 2 the clutch kit which is about Rs 4500 lastly is the pressure plate or clutch cover. There are two models here one is about Rs 4500, and the other is about Rs 8000. The second model may need a fly wheel change too, where as the first model does not need it.
Lastl come labour charges and consumables.

Rahul

Most Viewed