Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 11:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Congrats on the car.

Btw the tyre pressure is 33 for front and rear with light load and 36 front and 44 rear with full load.
funkydevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 13:45   #47
BHPian

Congratulations for one of the most balanced cars in the market and a unique color that goes very well with the design of the jetta.
wishing you thousands of kms of troublefree driving
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 17:16   #48
BHPian

Registration

We finally got the PR done yesterday. A very smooth process. Absolutely no wait time. I myself got to do the Engine number sketching ( on request ). We had to pay a token amount for the silent auction. I wish the number gets allocated without any further payments as we had already paid a fortune for it.

Choice Number: 7**7
Amount paid:10k

Planning to get the high security number plates, can anyone from Hyderabad confirm if these number plates are available at any other RTO apart from khairtabad.? I have been told that these plates are temporarily on halt. Any idea where can we get those plates apart from RTO's ?

Other Updates:

Had clocked around 463km till date,
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-avg-fuel-.jpg
  • The AC is quite effective, we had no cooling issues whatsoever. Ideal temperatures being 20c to 24c.
  • An absolute breeze to drive, handling and parking the car requires little to no effort.
  • The hill hold function is brilliant Got to test this at the entrance gate of Taj Banjara. The car doesn't roll back for about 5sec after which the car hesitates to hold its ground. A slight jab of the break and it gets activated again
  • The projector headlamps are pretty powerful. The cornering lamps function is a must have on any car. Driving my Santro at night has become quite a task without those cornering lamps.
  • I found the ideal tyre pressure to be 32psi (nitrogen) on all four tyres.
  • The average fuel economy in the city is around 9.5kmpl. On highways with a combination of spirited and sedate driving the car was able manage figures around 18kmpl
  • The ground clearance was intimidating in the beginning, now that we have got used to it, dragging the car (on the speed bumps) at speeds of 30kmph, does not scrape the bottom. However it might not be the same if we get the mud flaps installed.
  • A slight drizzle does not activate the rain sensing wipers.
  • The follow me home function is quite useful at night.
  • The car is equipped with an excellent suspension setup, it glides on even the most uneven tarmac. However on broken roads the suspension tends to jitter and filters everything into the cabin.
  • The Bluetooth telephony works even with a Nokia Asha 200. Excellent voice clarity. ( Noise filters in occasionally )
  • The automatic headlamps get activated as early as 6:00pm
  • Even a Jet fighter takes 5sec for takeoff, The Jetta just 2.(sec)
  • At full volume, the door pads/windows shiver, even at such high volumes the sound distortion is very minimal.
  • Choosing the floor mats in black was clever move. Hats off to me.
  • Getting out of the driver is quite embarrassing when the steering to tilted to its lowest height.
  • The rear seats are one of the best in the segment. The cushion support, comfort and leg space is miles ahead when compared to the competition. The head rest are perfectly integrated.
  • The auto dimming function is a must have, very useful to tackle city traffic at night.
  • The horn is pretty loud and satisfying.
  • I go spellbound with a “WHAT THE...” expression almost every time i take a look at the speedometer. 100kmph in this car does feel like 40kmph. Shall report this to the engineering department of VW.
  • The car is indeed dragging a lot of attention. Wherever I go I observe people staring at the car. It’s those LED’s and that BMWish color!
Few Bluetooth telephony Screen shots:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-3.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-2.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-4.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo1-2.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-photo-5.jpg

I received few of the car care products today. Many more to come

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-acc.jpg

I shot these below two videos to show the projector auto leveling and bending lights functionality

The Projectors auto leveling, this happens almost every time while starting the car

The bending lights, they turn in the direction of the steering wheel.

I was eagerly waiting to visit the VW workshop to get a few features activated. Unfortunately i had met with a small accident on my bike and had to get few stitches. So will have to hold back for a few days before i get this done, in the meantime i had contacted the VW technician and texted him my car VIN number. Waiting for his reply on what all features can be activated in the facelifted models. Will update on this once i hear from him.

Drive Safe Guys! Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Congrats on the car.

Btw the tyre pressure is 33 for front and rear with light load and 36 front and 44 rear with full load.
Thank you funkydevil! I finally figured it out on the tyre pressure. Currently running on 32psi(nitrogen) on all tyres. Thanks for the advice!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Congratulations for one of the most balanced cars in the market and a unique color that goes very well with the design of the jetta.
wishing you thousands of kms of troublefree driving
Thank you nikil! I agree with you on the color. Take care and drive safe!

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th May 2014 at 09:40. Reason: Back to back posts.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 18:37   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Planning to get the high security number plates, can anyone from Hyderabad confirm if these number plates are available at any other RTO apart from khairtabad?
Even I wanted HSRP for my Swift but the RTO has stopped it some Jan 1st, 2014 due to some kind of legal case going in the courts.

Quote:
I have been told that these plates are temporarily on halt. Any idea where can we get those plates apart from RTO's ?
Your right, they are in halt. No idea if any other RTO can help you out as it has a lot of work to be done.

Quote:
[*]I go spellbound with a "WHAT THE..." expression almost every time i take a look at the speedometer. 100kmph in this car does feel like 40kmph.
So by this calculation you need to above 220 kmph to experience 100 kmph!

Quote:
Unfortunately i had met with a small accident on my bike and had to get few stitches.
How all is well now. Take care and get well soon.

PS: Just saw earlier posts and noticed that your using Star mats. Same pinch!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 08:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Even I wanted HSRP for my Swift but the RTO has stopped it some Jan 1st, 2014 due to some kind of legal case going in the courts.
I had no idea on this, Any particular date till when they have been banned?

Quote:
Your right, they are in halt. No idea if any other RTO can help you out as it has a lot of work to be done.
Having seen those HSRP, its hard to settle with the normal white boards.

Quote:
So by this calculation you need to above 220 kmph to experience 100 kmph!
Absolutely! But given our traffic/road conditions reaching 150kmp and beyond would be quite a task. Those speeds can be tested out on highways to further check the stability of the car.

Quote:
How all is well now. Take care and get well soon.
Just saw earlier posts and noticed that your using Star mats. Same pinch!
I should be fine in another 3 or 4 days. Haha! Same color and now same mats!
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 09:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

I know I'm late, but congratulations on the car! The colour too! Seriously, that blue looks dashing.

You will have a hoot playing around with the features through the VCDS tool I guarantee that.

There might be a certain learning curve involved to ensure goo fuel efficiency; a city mileage of 9.5 is something that I can do without even looking at the rev counter in my car. You ought to aim for about 13-14 which is what me and my friend regularly achieve in his 2.0tdi DSG Laura

You, me and bhpian Anurag, have got to meet sometime and figure out this number plate thing. I have been wanting to fit custom high security plates on my car from day one but have never had the time. Now when I actually do, I'm hearing horror stories like it is unavailable.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 11:00   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You, me and bhpian Anurag, have got to meet sometime and figure out this number plate thing. I have been wanting to fit custom high security plates on my car from day one but have never had the time. Now when I actually do, I'm hearing horror stories like it is unavailable.
We can meet otherwise also. I want to drive both the Jetta and Kizashi. Both are monsters in their own regard.

I wanted to fit the HSRP but leaving it aside as it needs a lot of legal works since two plates and one sticker type (like the RFID tag) to be stuck on windshield. Seeing all this I am using normal plates. No choice.

Anurag.
Old 5th May 2014, 15:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I know I'm late, but congratulations on the car! The colour too! Seriously, that blue looks dashing.
Thank you Ishaan!

Quote:
You will have a hoot playing around with the features through the VCDS tool I guarantee that.
I'm very skeptical on this, i hope all the features we have been waiting for can be activated in the face lifted models. If in case i cant get this done at the workshop, anyone from HYD has those VCD kits?

Quote:
There might be a certain learning curve involved to ensure goo fuel efficiency; a city mileage of 9.5 is something that I can do without even looking at the rev counter in my car. You ought to aim for about 13-14 which is what me and my friend regularly achieve in his 2.0tdi DSG Laura
I shall soon adjust the driving style accordingly.

Quote:
I spoke to the Agent/Broker with whom we had been to the RTO, according to him the ban is no longer applicable and people who are interested are already places orders for these plates. Once ordered it may take 20 to 25 days time.

Quote:
We can meet otherwise also. I want to drive both the Jetta and Kizashi. Both are monsters in their own regard.
This Saturday i plan to visit the workshop for those VCD hacks, we can definitely meet after that for lunch.

Quote:
I wanted to fit the HSRP but leaving it aside as it needs a lot of legal works since two plates and one sticker type (like the RFID tag) to be stuck on windshield. Seeing all this I am using normal plates. No choice.
Anurag.
I have been told that we can place an order for these plates, not sure though. I heard it only from a single person. Shall try to dig more on this. Getting this plates will save the headache once for all.
Old 5th May 2014, 16:57   #54
BHPian

@Amarendranath congrats on the new car. Yours is a beautiful blue coloured car.

And a passionately written review of the same. Nicely detailed.

Congratulations again.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 18:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]A slight drizzle does not activate the rain sensing wipers.
Congratulations once again Amarendranath!

Did you try increasing the sensitivity of the rain-sensor?

Drive safe..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 19:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
@Amarendranath congrats on the new car. Yours is a beautiful blue coloured car.

And a passionately written review of the same. Nicely detailed.

Congratulations again.
Thank you deepfusion! It definitely is a head turner, thoroughly enjoying every bit of the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations once again Amarendranath!
Thank you Chethan! I hope you get a quick solution with your fender. Your 1600km trip has inspired me and i shall set out for a long drive soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Did you try increasing the sensitivity of the rain-sensor?

Drive safe..
I never tried, where can this be done? Also the headlamp washers like graaja mentioned are getting activated once in a while, shall figure out how to activate them

Last edited by Amarendranath : 5th May 2014 at 19:06.
Old 6th May 2014, 11:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never tried, where can this be done?
RHS Wiper Stalk:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-rhs-stalk.jpg

You can use it to vary sensitivity..

Last edited by Chethan B G : 6th May 2014 at 11:46.
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 15:48   #58
BHPian

I go on a two week holiday, not checking TBHP and someone beats me to a Blue Jetta.
Awesome buy mate - and a very good writeup as well - made me chuckle quite a few times.

Have many safe miles on it and keep updating about the experience
car.lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 18:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
I go on a two week holiday, not checking TBHP and someone beats me to a Blue Jetta.
Awesome buy mate - and a very good writeup as well - made me chuckle quite a few times.

Have many safe miles on it and keep updating about the experience
A special thanks to you mate! If it wasn't for you, The blue would have been a dream. Thanks to you once again! you have made me the first one to get this color. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the review.( had fun writing it down ) Will definitely update the thread with more pictures.

Good luck with your car. Keep us posted. Take care and drive safe.
Old 10th May 2014, 16:06   #60
BHPian

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399717555.477988.jpg

Been to the workshop today. It's was a huge disappointment. The technician Mr.Anvar did make a diagnostic check and showed me all the features that were already enabled for he car. Additionally there was nothing in the system which could be enabled.

@graaja, you are absolutely right, the relay mechanism is needed to make the autofold option work. ( ORVM ) however he also confirms that he did see a few cars with the auto fold here in India, may be in the 2011 and 2012 models. I guess the control units and other parts have been removed in the updated models to cut the costs?

The cluster staging also was not available. The software there are using at the workshop is quite different from what I had seen on YouTube. According to Anvar the VCD software is not official and if those features are activated else where and get detected in the official software being used, it may void the warranty. Not sure if the information given by him is legit. Huge disappointment as i was really looking forward to get few tweaks done. IS this true that the VCD hacks void warranty? I didn't make any sense as nothing internal is being affected. Unfortunately no one from the VW after sales had an idea on the software so i guess shall seek help from fellow BHPians in activating few of the features.

Apart from this I was surprised by the workmanship at the workshop. Everything is automated with computers for under body scanning etc. Also the spare costs have come down quite a bit. Also the inventory is readily available to avoid delay and inconvenience to the customer. I did find the inventory room to be quite big. Few costs that have come up in the conversation with the CRM.

Full Body Repaint: 60k (Any color)
Atlanta Alloys: Previously upward 40k, currently priced at around 20k.
A Complete Door: Previously upward 46k, currently priced at around 18k.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1399717989.748193.jpg
Customer lounge at the workshop.

Got a phone call today from a gentlemen requesting me if he could come down to my place to check out the color as ours is the only car available till date. The CRM once again confirms that this was the first car in this color and few of the service guys come up and check out the color. They couldn't stop praising the color. After a few more questions and interactions, drove out with a proud Grin on my face.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 10th May 2014 at 16:26.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed