Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 22:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just got the rear diffuser wrapped in 3M Carbon Fibre finish Schotchprint 1080 film. Finishing was 95% to my expectations. 5% was for just one shabby corner, but its not visible unless you really lay down
Wow good, how much?
On a white car it might look more appealing.
Old 19th May 2014, 23:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love Hate Relationship: My Magic Black Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance (7-speed DS

Quote:
Just got the rear diffuser wrapped in 3M Carbon Fibre finish Schotchprint 1080 film. Finishing was 95% to my expectations. 5% was for just one shabby corner, but its not visible unless you really lay down and look at it.
Attachment 1242029Attachment 1242030Attachment 1242031

Looks Awesome.
It has brought out a whole new character to the rear of the car, especially since it is the TSi.

Some more pics in bright light will bring out the true difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Wow good, how much?
It will definitely look a lot more amaing on a white car due to the contrast, how about going for some wrap of your own
Old 19th May 2014, 23:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Looks Awesome.
It has brought out a whole new character to the rear of the car, especially since it is the TSi.

Some more pics in bright light will bring out the true difference.

Yes i will post better pics later for sure. Also going for a good black wrap on the front chrome grille. Step by step to VRS

Quote:
Wow good, how much?
It does look much better on the white car! Costs about 1000 bucks.
Old 19th May 2014, 23:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love Hate Relationship: My Magic Black Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance (7-speed DS

Quote:
Yes i will post better pics later for sure. Also going for a good black wrap on the front chrome grille. Step by step to VRS
Make that 2 of us. I am planning to start my wraps pretty soon.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Make that 2 of us. I am planning to start my wraps pretty soon.
You know, all colors on the Octy besides black, will have more appeal for the wraps. I think you should go for Gloss backs all around:
  1. The front grille chrome surround
  2. ORVMs
  3. Rear diffuser (carbon)
  4. Boot lip spoiler (carbon)

All of this should cost you under 4000 bucks, but will make your blue beast look like a road going jet!
Old 20th May 2014, 13:35   #51
BHPian

Ahh the 1.8 TSI is a treat & congratulations on the great choice of color & engine!

However must add with a pinch of salt, it is very difficult to sell a petrol car here in India (I have been trying to sell our Superb 1.8 TSI for a long time now) ! I hope you plan to keep this for a long time.

Last edited by urajkumar : 20th May 2014 at 13:36.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 14:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Ahh the 1.8 TSI is a treat & congratulations on the great choice of color & engine!

However must add with a pinch of salt, it is very difficult to sell a petrol car here in India (I have been trying to sell our Superb 1.8 TSI for a long time now) ! I hope you plan to keep this for a long time.
Thanks! I totally agree. I plan to keep the car for a longish period lets say about 5-6 years at least. If its still running smooth, why bother to sell it?
Hope it gives me the least troubles. How old is your Superb? is it listed on team-bhp classifieds?
Old 20th May 2014, 14:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I totally agree. I plan to keep the car for a longish period lets say about 5-6 years at least. If its still running smooth, why bother to sell it?
Hope it gives me the least troubles. How old is your Superb? is it listed on team-bhp classifieds?
I think the troublesome DSG days are over & I don't hear too many stories like that nowadays! We loved the 1.8 TSI engine and its a monster on the highways which i am sure you are going to enjoy driving! Alas we are selling it only because we have no parking space at home due to arrival of a Merc E class ! Yes it is listed on the classified <link>!

Last edited by urajkumar : 20th May 2014 at 14:32.
Old 20th May 2014, 23:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
How sweet is this steering? Love the black overalls too! Wish they were an option in India 😒
Quote:
Wow looks awesome, will be great to hold too.
Quote:
I hope this Flat bottom steering makes it to India via installers like Vagtune and Petes.
Looks like you guys didn't have to wait for long.

Link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...a-1-8-tsi.html
Old 21st May 2014, 14:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post

I don't think this one is the flat bottom steering.
Old 21st May 2014, 15:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the rear diffuser wrapped in 3M Carbon Fibre finish Schotchprint 1080 film.
Attachment 1242029Attachment 1242030Attachment 1242031
Nicee!! Adi I am planning to get it done for our Jetta, why dont you get the film on the ORVM's as well. The lower part of the ORVMS and the plastic panel attaching the ORVM. I plan to get it done for those parts as well along with the bumper.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Nicee!! Adi I am planning to get it done for our Jetta, why dont you get the film on the ORVM's as well. The lower part of the ORVMS and the plastic panel attaching the ORVM. I plan to get it done for those parts as well along with the bumper.
Well since the car is black, too much of CF wraps will spoil the stealth look don't you think? I would rather just go for a wrap on the front chrome grille, that too gloss black. You should do the same, while we can have the ORVMs in brushed aluminium finish Separate mirror covers are available at superskoda.com, but I am not too sure how well the 3M taped covers will hold, I hate rattles in a car! Wraps are cheaper, cleaner and easily reversible to stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post

Sid I am definitely going for the steering with flappy paddles, but will wait for one with a shadow grey or white stitching. Red stitch won't go with the interiors well. I want to maintain the stock look inside as much as possible. I am contemplating asking Skoda about the 2014 Superb's steering.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:42   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sid I am definitely going for the steering with flappy paddles, but will wait for one with a shadow grey or white stitching. Red stitch won't go with the interiors well. I want to maintain the stock look inside as much as possible. I am contemplating asking Skoda about the 2014 Superb's steering.
The Superbs steering may not fit right in. Considering it is based on an older gen car than the Octy 3, the wiring may be a bit different. Then again it may still be the same.

But, there are steerings with silver, and white stitching available.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...4/#prettyPhoto
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ering-wheel-2/
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The Superbs steering may not fit right in. Considering it is based on an older gen car than the Octy 3, the wiring may be a bit different. Then again it may still be the same.

But, there are steerings with silver, and white stitching available.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...4/#prettyPhoto
http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en...ering-wheel-2/
Now they might have just changed the mechanics of the steering to have more common parts with the new Superb and Octy? just may be. I'll be going in for the first service next month, shall find out more details then! May be they have something in stock and we can just check, else return. I know the parts manager, and the Service head, hence shouldn't be a problem finding out the right steering for the Octy. Cars Equipment does have all the steerings available, but if not from Skoda officially, I will buy only from either of the Indian dealers, like Vagtune. As Abhinav's mod was also carried out by Vag and Autopsyche together, it gives one more 'shanti' after changing a critical part. Since the dollar has depreciated, Sugesh has jacked up the prices by 10000 bucks across all the steerings, which is shocking, since given US$ depreciation, the prices should have gone down don't you think?
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:23   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now they might have just changed the mechanics of the steering to have more common parts with the new Superb and Octy? just may be. I'll be going in for the first service next month, shall find out more details then! May be they have something in stock and we can just check, else return. I know the parts manager, and the Service head, hence shouldn't be a problem finding out the right steering for the Octy. Cars Equipment does have all the steerings available, but if not from Skoda officially, I will buy only from either of the Indian dealers, like Vagtune. As Abhinav's mod was also carried out by Vag and Autopsyche together, it gives one more 'shanti' after changing a critical part. Since the dollar has depreciated, Sugesh has jacked up the prices by 10000 bucks across all the steerings, which is shocking, since given US$ depreciation, the prices should have gone down don't you think?
The Superbs full can bus system may be a generation older than the Octavias. The steering shape may have just been changed to look like the newer ones like in the Rapid. I understand that even coding through VCDS is different in the Octavia now, and hence I think the Superbs steering may not work.

IMO for something like a steering which is a direct swap, I would order and import it myself. For something much more critical like an ESP or electronic module which would need coding, I would buy it from VAGtune or something. Steering is just plug and play, and easy to swap out. While importing it can be under invoiced, and you can have it at your doorstep for 40k at the max.

Most Viewed