Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2014, 18:02   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD. 30,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
people won't believe this but this is what I have got. And yes this was after the remap. :o
Yes, those are unbelievable figures. Did you do any changes to brake pads, suspension with the remap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Better late than never! Congratulations on the Linea, arun_josie. As the first person in T-Bhp to spot your car, I can tell you that this one looks charming. I keep spotting your car on your trips towards Nice road/Sherwood high. Wishing you many more happy miles on the Shadowfax
Thanks A350XWB! By the way, I am still looking around to spot your cheetah.
Old 21st June 2014, 08:10   #62
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD. 30,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
people won't believe this but this is what I have got. And yes this was after the remap. :o
That's really amazing. I believe this is with AC on. Have you tried something similar before the remap? What is the MID error of your car? At what km. did you go for the remap. Having done 111 k now, you must have done quite a bit of running on remap. Did you face any issues on remap & does the remap any way helped you to tide over the turbo lag. As understood from RD people, any remap/ box will not help in reducing the lag, rather it will come into play after 1800-2000 rpm, thus dropped this idea for my Verna. But Wolf site claims that there will be reduction in turbo lag.

Wolf remap has switchable options. Which option you normally use & on what option did you get the above FE. How do you change between available options. Any inputs why did you go for Wolf ? They have remap only for 1.3 MJD & Renault 1.5 DCI engines at the moment.

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 21st June 2014 at 08:19. Reason: addition
Old 21st June 2014, 08:16   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
As understood from RD people, any remap/ box will not help in reducing the lag, rather it will come into play after 1800-2000 rpm, thus dropped this idea for my Verna.
I was all the while thinking that the RD Box will do some good to reduce the turbo lag. Since the P1 & P2 modes are for performance, they should facilitate in reducing lag.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st June 2014 at 08:17.
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:14   #64
Team-BHP Support

What a car and what a ride. Thats the one which you really wanted and you got. Its an ideal companion for all your highway drives.

Arun I actually dont look at the "darker" sections of the forum. Before I read your review, I did not know about the accident. Feels really good to note every thing went well. And you have chosen a perfect upgrade.

Regards to FE tracking, hope you are using one of the many available android/ios apps that help you maintain odo/fuel/service cost details. I use fuel log pro. Whenever I refill, I update the app at the bunk there and then. Later I export a CSV from the app to a mobile drop box client which then syncs-up to the PC at home. This way I have the details of FE right from the day I got my car.

All the best for many more miles. I am sure Linea would munch them with great ease.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:29   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What a car and what a ride. Thats the one which you really wanted and you got. Its an ideal companion for all your highway drives.
Thanks a lot ampere!
Yes, the highway drives are fun in this car.

As of now, I am not using any app but yes will download one soon, anurag also suggested an app to me.
Old 25th June 2014, 11:21   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparison on FE Vs Dzire

Some comparison on fuel efficiency data Vs Dzire and also the usage pattern of every 1000Kms(WagonR Vs Dzire Vs Linea), basically the number of days taken to reach every 1000Kms from day 1.

No of days taken to reach 13K Kms(Linea Vs Dzire Vs WagonR)
Usage has gradually increased since my first car WagonR, It could be because of the fact that I moved from a petrol car to diesel car which resulted in more highway drives.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kms-covered.jpg

Fuel Efficiency - Both City and Highway drives included (Linea Vs Dzire)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe_city_highway.jpg

Fuel Efficiency - City only (Linea Vs Dzire)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe_city.jpg

AC usage is almost 100% and the city drives for both Dzire and Linea are under very similar traffic condition/bad roads/same routes etc.
As mentioned earlier, most of my city drives are on traffic heavy Bannerghatta Road.
arun_josie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 22:47   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

14000 Kms, 148 days - 4 months and 29 days,
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-14k.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 09:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
AC usage is almost 100% and the city drives for both Dzire and Linea are under very similar traffic condition/bad roads/same routes etc. As mentioned earlier, most of my city drives are on traffic heavy Bannerghatta Road.
Arun, I get similar figures on my Figo under the same circumstances. I also drive up and down Bannerghatta road during peak hours and I think your Linea is really efficient with the body mass it has. Even the combined efficiency is not too different from the Figo. Couple of times, I have touched 20 kmpl overall, when travelling to my hometown in Kerala, through NH7, which I think is one of your regular routes also.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 00:35   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Arun, I get similar figures on my Figo under the same circumstances. I also drive up and down Bannerghatta road during peak hours and I think your Linea is really efficient with the body mass it has. Even the combined efficiency is not too different from the Figo. Couple of times, I have touched 20 kmpl overall, when travelling to my hometown in Kerala, through NH7, which I think is one of your regular routes also.
Yes, you are right. Considering the body mass and BG road traffic, I am happy with the FE. Does figo comes with the Fiesta Classic engine or is it a different one?

My home town route is Salem-Madurai-Nagercoil. Do you take this route to kerala or deviate from Salem/Madurai?

Btw how is your Cheetah doing?
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 14:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Does figo comes with the Fiesta Classic engine or is it a different one?
Yes, the Figo comes with the same engine as the Fiesta Classic. But I have heard that it gives better mileage on the Classic than on the Figo. Maybe due to the gearing, I don't know.
Quote:
My home town route is Salem-Madurai-Nagercoil. Do you take this route to kerala or deviate from Salem/Madurai?
I exit on to Kodai road after Dindigul and continue on to Cumbum, Theni and Kumily. My home town is Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
Quote:
Btw how is your Cheetah doing?
Cheetah is doing fine, 4000+ kms and a Pondy trip coming up. So far, I don't have any complaints and the reliability has been above my expectation and surpasses the Figo
NB: I think we should meet up some time. We live so close by and have bumped into each other quite a few time, but never met in person, which is a shame.

Last edited by A350XWB : 1st July 2014 at 14:01.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
14000 Kms, 148 days - 4 months and 29 days,
14,000 km in less than 5 months. Lots of mileage Arun. We have been thinking of increasing our highway trips once the new car comes home, but don't know how much of that will materialize.
First drive will be to Chennai sometime in the next 2 weeks.
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:41   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I exit on to Kodai road after Dindigul and continue on to Cumbum, Theni and Kumily. My home town is Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
Thats a nice scenic route through Theni and Kumily.

Quote:
Cheetah is doing fine, 4000+ kms and a Pondy trip coming up. So far, I don't have any complaints and the reliability has been above my expectation and surpasses the Figo
NB: I think we should meet up some time. We live so close by and have bumped into each other quite a few time, but never met in person, which is a shame.
Good to hear about your Cheetah. Sure, will drop a PM and we can meet some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
14,000 km in less than 5 months. Lots of mileage Arun. We have been thinking of increasing our highway trips once the new car comes home, but don't know how much of that will materialize.
First drive will be to Chennai sometime in the next 2 weeks.
Yeah, I know This is after couple of drives which got canceled. The driving pleasure of Linea motivates me to take it for a long drive often
Old 5th July 2014, 07:29   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

At times I see a spanner symbol on the MID screen, any one aware of this symbol? Couldn't find any information on this from the manual. Not sure if I missed this information.
Old 5th July 2014, 07:31   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At times I see a spanner symbol on the MID screen, any one aware of this symbol? Couldn't find any information on this from the manual. Not sure if I missed this information.
That spanner symbol is service reminder. Whats the odometer reading?. If its closing in on 15000 kms, then the car is seeking your attention to get it serviced ☺
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 08:41   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
That spanner symbol is service reminder. Whats the odometer reading?. If its closing in on 15000 kms, then the car is seeking your attention to get it serviced ☺
Thanks Krishna! That's a nice feature.

Yes, its around 14300 Kms now. I will drop my car for servicing some time this week or next week.

I checked the manual and below are some of the replacements which are required,

- Replace fuel filter
- Replace air filter cartridge
- Replace engine oil and oil filter
- Change pollen filter
- Wheel Alignment/Rotation
- Check and top-up all other oils

Couple of queries,

- Do they give option for fully synthetic oil?
- Wheel Alignment/Rotation can be done outside right? I just want to make sure this doesn't void the warranty.
- Any thing else that should be taken care of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks