Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 20:36   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

HVK Monsoon Drive - 2015

I am back from a 1700 Kms trip during the weekend, and this drive was to participate in HVK Monsoon Drive - 2015. It was a superb drive and one of the best till date, I would say. This drive included all kind of roads including some off-roading as well. And as the title says, it rained almost all through the drive and I enjoyed it to the core.

Route: Bangalore - Panchgani(MH) - 120Kms around Panchgani - Panchgani - Bangalore.
Total Kms: 1706.1 Kms. ODO is inching closer to 55K.
I will add more details later.

I loved this look of my car
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-collageoptimized.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20150727wa0035.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-collage1optimized.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th July 2015 at 20:59.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 22:17   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: HVK Monsoon Drive - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It was a superb drive and one of the best till date, I would say. This drive included all kind of roads including some off-roading as well.
Indeed a wonderful drive and in rains and along with 10 cars from Bangalore alone in a convoy and driving 800 each way and of course on all kind of roads.

Best one was the Hill climb where I thought the MJD will die but It took it flawlessly including the Ciaz, and for those who think it would be just like any other normal climb, it was indeed not. The Dashcam video will do the talking.

This is exactly where I wanted to report on how the MJD managed the show with a Video which I will updated in my Ertiga's ownership report.

BTW, I still haven't washed my Ertiga as it will anyways be pampered during the 60K service this week .

Linea in white and that dirt looks like its driven than kept in Garage for detailing!!

I too got similar reading from MID for Average Fuel efficiency. I guess except the CIAZ, the Ertiga was a km lesser than the Linea in most sectors but almost remained same overall. Safe to say that despite of some real spirited runs on so many stretches and the treacherous circuit, the overall efficiency stood ~ 19kmpl!! A very beneficial drive in terms of Vitamin M spent for such trip especially when driving Solo .

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th July 2015 at 22:20.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 23:11   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Best one was the Hill climb where I thought the MJD will die but It took it flawlessly including the Ciaz, and for those who think it would be just like any other normal climb, it was indeed not. The Dashcam video will do the talking.

This is exactly where I wanted to report on how the MJD managed the show with a Video which I will updated in my Ertiga's ownership report.

Unfortunately I lost my videos as I missed to download before return journey.

Quote:
I too got similar reading from MID for Average Fuel efficiency. I guess except the CIAZ, the Ertiga was a km lesser than the Linea in most sectors but almost remained same overall. Safe to say that despite of some real spirited runs on so many stretches and the treacherous circuit, the overall efficiency stood ~ 19kmpl!! A very beneficial drive in terms of Vitamin M spent for such trip especially when driving Solo .
Yes, Linea and Ertiga were giving similar FE numbers, but Ciaz was way ahead, I would say. I think final number for ciaz was 21+ Kmpl. And for XUV500, it was 15.7
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 23:22   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Linea and Ertiga were giving similar FE numbers, but Ciaz was way ahead, I would say. I think final number for ciaz was 21+ Kmpl. And for XUV500, it was 15.7

Yeah Arun. This was a superb drive. Been on many T Bhp earlier , but no one usually followed speed limits or lane discipline. This one was a different one. And the credit for this goes to Parag's planning.

Don't want to hijack your thread but my speeds were lower ( 100-120 ) and hence better FE. My overall FE after this drive was 21.4 kpl

Since I don't have my ownership thread , lemme post my pics here

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438105913.889952.jpg
speedsatya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 09:08   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

What a transformation after a wash!
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-linea_md_3.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-linea_md_4.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 21:51   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am back from a 1700 Kms trip during the weekend, and this drive was to participate in HVK Monsoon Drive - 2015. It was a superb drive and one of the best till date, I would say. This drive included all kind of roads including some off-roading as well. And as the title says, it rained almost all through the drive and I enjoyed it to the core.
Here is the Monsoon drive travelogue,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html
Old 14th August 2015, 11:51   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

55555 Kms in 557 days.

55555 Kms in 557 Days. It was a coincidence that this happened @ 22:22 Hrs when I was returning from office.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-55555.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-55k.jpg

During the last check-up before the Monsoon drive, Strut/Elastic pad on the Front suspension(Left and Right) were replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing much to report.
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 11:38   #203
BHPian

Re: 55555 Kms in 557 days.

Quote:
55555 Kms in 557 Days. It was a coincidence that this happened @ 22:22 Hrs when I was returning from office.

During the last check-up before the Monsoon drive, Strut/Elastic pad on the Front suspension(Left and Right) were replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing much to report.
Thank You Arun,

Its pleasing to see those five 5's, your thread constantly keeps echoing in my mind as reassurance on my decision .
Also in an offline discussion with a Punto owner from Hyderabad, I recall he mentioned that the warranty on suspension is only upto 30K however from your update I see that its beyond that. Kindly add your feedback on the warranty limitations related to suspension.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 27th August 2015 at 11:42.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 13:24   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Thank You Arun,

Its pleasing to see those five 5's, your thread constantly keeps echoing in my mind as reassurance on my decision .
Also in an offline discussion with a Punto owner from Hyderabad, I recall he mentioned that the warranty on suspension is only upto 30K however from your update I see that its beyond that. Kindly add your feedback on the warranty limitations related to suspension.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks pradeep!
Regarding suspension warranty, I have not heard of any limitations. May be I can check with the FASS here and update you.

In my case, they found an issue with the Strut/Elastic pad on the Front suspension(Right side), so they replaced it under warranty including the left side as well. No questions asked.
Old 21st September 2015, 10:26   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First Anniversary and 33Kms

Quick update:

ODO has now crossed the 58K mark and is @ 58401 Kms.

Quote:
  • A squeaking sound coming from somewhere near rear right door. This comes only on uneven roads especially when the rear tyres are on different level – Reported this to Vecto with the ODO around 22K, they said it will be taken care during the 30K servicing but they missed it. They have asked me to bring again at my convenience and assured that it will be taken care.
This squeaking sound is resolved now, I have monitored this for 4K Kms now and it has not reappeared. This was an intermittent issue but was an irritating one. Vecto Motors took 2 attempts to resolve this issue. But still a good job, I would say, especially considering the nature of the issue.
Old 21st September 2015, 10:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pradeep!
Regarding suspension warranty, I have not heard of any limitations. May be I can check with the FASS here and update you.

In my case, they found an issue with the Strut/Elastic pad on the Front suspension(Right side), so they replaced it under warranty including the left side as well. No questions asked.
The suspension warranty is 30K - that was the case when I bought my Punto in 2009. I reported a squeaking at the 36K mark and FIAT refused to honor it quoting the 30K limit, even though the poor quality elastic pads was a well known issue with Fiats at that time, an outcome of their wedlock with TATA.

I finally bought the pads from Kava and replaced it by a FNG - the cost of he pads at the ASC was almost double at that time.
Old 21st September 2015, 11:34   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Thank You Arun,

Cheers,
pdma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The suspension warranty is 30K - that was the case when I bought my Punto in 2009. I reported a squeaking at the 36K mark and FIAT refused to honor it quoting the 30K limit, even though the poor quality elastic pads was a well known issue with Fiats at that time, an outcome of their wedlock with TATA.

I finally bought the pads from Kava and replaced it by a FNG - the cost of he pads at the ASC was almost double at that time.
I called my SA now and he confirmed that there is no limitations for warranty coverage on strut/elastic pads. So, may be they have changed the policy on this.
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:55   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Chikmagalur Trip update

Update:

1) Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Bangalore:

Total Kms: 670.
FE in MID: 15.7
Avg Speed: 36Kms.
Cars: XUV500, Ritz, Getz and Linea.
Total 5 families.

It was a splendid drive and an awesome trip. Planning for a TL(hopefully!), so will update more information there.

It was a simple drive to Chikmagalur, a peaceful stay in a home stay with a challenging drive to Mullayanagari peak thrown in for good measure.

2) Also, done with the 60K servicing after this trip which I will update soon.

Now some random pics,
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150926_080302.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150926_130813.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150926_131956.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20150927_094459.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 05:55   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

1) Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Bangalore:

Total Kms: 670.
Yet again,

Do you even have the slightest idea how jealous people get when they see your posts .

The pics look amazing mate, and of course I am sure you would coming up with that amazing travelogue like always in your signature style.

So what's the dent to the pocket for the 60k service, as I know we have the timing chain kit in the list. Also kindly let us know what else was changed, I am assuming that the break pads would have been on the change list too apart from the regular stuff. How are the tyres holding up, is the car still on the first set or the second one was pressed into service.

I know I always give you lot of homework .

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 08:25   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

60000 Kms Service Update

60000 Kms Service Update:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1.jpg

I was prepared for a bigger bill this time as this is a major service which also includes the timing chain replacement.
  • I was expecting a bill of around 21K.
  • I was also little concerned about the timing chain replacement as this a major
work and needs to be done with perfection.

Initially, I thought of taking the car to Sai Service, Salem as I was hearing very positive feedback's about them but then decided against it and booked the appointment with Vecto Motors.

I called the SA a day before to make sure that I am getting the car same day after the service, but he was not very sure as timing chain replacement is also included.

Next day, I gave the car in by 8:45 AM and decided to wait even if I am not getting the car same day. They immediately put the car in a bay and started the work. And to my surprise, they gave back the car by 4:00 PM after doing the complete 60K servicing and a clean wash.
  • Clutch, still on stock. I was little worried after the mullayanagiri drive as I experienced the clutch burning smell once.
  • Brake Pad, it’s on the second set which was changed at 27K. So, current one is at 34K now.
  • Tyres, I am on the second set which I changed at 35K Kms.
  • Wipers, changed both the wipers for the first time during this service. It was not doing its job, So I requested to change.

The total bill came to 22299/- (Initially it was 23161 /-, there was a entry of 862/- by mistake)

Here is the bill details, tax included on each item.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-tbhp1.jpg
  • I could have avoided WA/WB, but went ahead with it to keep the warranty intact.
  • I gave a go ahead for brake cleaning due to some sound while braking.
  • Skipped fuel filter as it was changed at around 52K.

After Service:
  • While delivery, the coolant was well below the level and the SA promptly topped it up. And informed me that this happens after coolant replacement.
  • I had to top-up the coolant again after a week/750 Kms, it had come down a little.
  • Close to 2K Kms done after the service and all looks fine.

Vecto Motors - They have done a Superb job, I would say. Overall, I was happy with this 60K Servicing. Yes, I would have loved to have the bill on the lower side
Also, I thought they might push for Clutch, Brake pad change etc, but they didn't.

Brake pad @34K usage

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4.jpg

Ready for delivery after the Service.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2.jpg

Current ODO has gone past 61000 Kms.

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th October 2015 at 08:38.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed