Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 09:54   #211
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Thanks for the details of 60K service arun_josie. Even I am planning to go for my 60K service sometimes next month.
Do you feel any difference in your drive post timing chain replacement? Was that a typical squeaking noise from brakes which made you to go for brake cleaning? I have tried this cleaning steps few times but the noise returns after few days though the pads are in good shape and disc also seems to be fine.
Old 9th October 2015, 14:19   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
Thanks for the details of 60K service arun_josie. Even I am planning to go for my 60K service sometimes next month.
Do you feel any difference in your drive post timing chain replacement? Was that a typical squeaking noise from brakes which made you to go for brake cleaning? I have tried this cleaning steps few times but the noise returns after few days though the pads are in good shape and disc also seems to be fine.
After the timing chain replacement, the engine noise has come down a little and its smoother than before. But,its not a big difference for sure.

The brake noise has gone for now after cleaning. I will let you know if it comes back. I normally skip brake cleaning.
Old 15th October 2015, 09:31   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

How are the tyres holding up, is the car still on the first set or the second one was pressed into service.
Update on the Tyres, Michelin 3ST :

This is the second set of tyres and has done 26198 Kms so far. Did the WA/WB(Road force), tyre rotation at Madhus and they said this set can go for another 25K Kms at least.

What I liked about this tyre is, this has handled some real bad roads well. And they are silent and comfy too than the previous Good Year set which I used for 35K Kms.

Here are some pics.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151013_122550optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151013_122624optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151013_122633optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151013_122930optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151013_124044optimized.jpg

Quote:
Yet again,

Do you even have the slightest idea how jealous people get when they see your posts .
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 07:07   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a small write-up on our chikmagalur trip:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...loads-fun.html

and one more on our trip to Shettihali (Rosary Church):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...twist-end.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th October 2015 at 13:26. Reason: Adding link
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:44   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Update on the Tyres, Michelin 3ST :

What I liked about this tyre is, this has handled some real bad roads well. And they are silent and comfy too than the previous Good Year set which I used for 35K Kms.
Arun, I understand that the P3ST's deliver very well on silence & comfort, but how are they in terms of braking, grip & handling? Could you possible compare their performance with any other tyres you have experienced?

I am right now conflicted between these & the Continental MC5. Would prefer the feel of the S-Drives, but they are way too noisy for me.

Thanks!
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:11   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Arun, I understand that the P3ST's deliver very well on silence & comfort, but how are they in terms of braking, grip & handling? Could you possible compare their performance with any other tyres you have experienced?

I am right now conflicted between these & the Continental MC5. Would prefer the feel of the S-Drives, but they are way too noisy for me.

Thanks!
My previous set was the stock Goodyear NCT 5. I would say 3ST is way ahead of NCT 5 in all aspects including braking, grip and handling. My only worry before deciding on 3ST was on how it will handle bad roads due to its soft nature, but I am convinced now.

I think the performance of MC5 is also similar to 3ST. The second option that I had in mind was MC5.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:01   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

65000 Update

After few runs on the highway, the ODO has hit the 65K mark. It has taken 1 year, 9 months and 20days to hit this mark.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-65k.jpg

Here is a pic in front of CCD during one of the recent drives,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151107_160014optimized.jpg

Also, a marathon drive yesterday to attend couple of functions, one in Coimbatore and another one in Attur. Had to cross Salem thrice during this drive. We enjoyed a lot as the climate was cool and it was raining or drizzling throughout the drive. It was a fun drive. Had to return same day though. Total Kms covered was 892.9 Kms.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-new-folder1.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd November 2015 at 18:10.
arun_josie is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 09:40   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 65000 Update

Yesterday morning, I spotted these sponges below my bonnet/engine compartment on the floor. I am wondering whether these are any sponges in the bonnet and bitten by rat. Any one faced this kind of issue? Or could it be someone sweeping this under my car.

So far I have not found any issues with the car. All working fine. Anything that I need to check specifically?
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151123_095550optimized.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20151123_095704optimized.jpg  

Old 24th November 2015, 10:01   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like the work of rodents. Do open the bonnet and check if the noise insulation is being chewed away. The rains have ensured the rodents are out of their borrows to chew up wires and other stuff on automobiles
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 14:02   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Seems like the work of rodents. Do open the bonnet and check if the noise insulation is being chewed away. The rains have ensured the rodents are out of their borrows to chew up wires and other stuff on automobiles
I checked noise insulation under the bonnet, but here it is a different kind of sponge. And I don't see any pieces scattered in the engine bay. Whatever I found were all on the floor as seen in the pic. So, still not sure from where this came.

Could this be related to any sponge from AC duct? At least for now we are not able to find any difference in AC effect.
Old 24th November 2015, 14:09   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked noise insulation under the bonnet, but here it is a different kind of sponge. And I don't see any pieces scattered in the engine bay. Whatever I found were all on the floor as seen in the pic. So, still not sure from where this came.

Could this be related to any sponge from AC duct? At least for now we are not able to find any difference in AC effect.
The AC filter is not made of sponge. If all is good in the engine bay, then not to worry. Keep enjoying the drive
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 14:15   #222
Team-BHP Support

This definitely looks like the handiwork of rodents.

Quote:
Could this be related to any sponge from AC duct?
The AC lines use foam based insulation sleeves and not these sponge types. If it isn't much work Arun, take the car to an FNG, raise it on a ramp and check.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 18:22   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
If it isn't much work Arun, take the car to an FNG, raise it on a ramp and check.
Yes, planning to do this some time this week.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:13   #224
BHPian

Quote:
All working fine. Anything that I need to check specifically?
It is definitely a rodent's work. Check your Air Filter Assy. It is the sponge seal under it. You can feel it (if any of it is left) under the left and right sides of air filter cover.

G
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 12:32   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
It is definitely a rodent's work. Check your Air Filter Assy. It is the sponge seal under it. You can feel it (if any of it is left) under the left and right sides of air filter cover.

G
Welcome to team-bhp, mate!

Yes, the sponge seal around the Air Filer Assy is the same kind, as you say. But I checked it and looks intact to me, couldn't check this on all sides though. Also, my wife says that there is a mild foul smell inside the car.

Anyways,I will get this checked completely by tomorrow.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks