Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 13:41   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Normal Servicing along with EGR Cleaning, Intercooler Cleaning @ 77K Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Overall, these guys are very good and worth driving down to salem if you want to get the EGR/Intercooler cleaning done.
Hi Arun

I probably need to do this as well though my T Jet has run half of what your car has.

I am experiencing hesitation in acceleration, inconsistent power delivery in higher gears. The car runs great otherwise.

What made you think about getting an EGR, Inter cooler cleaning done? Also; what exactly did they do for cleaning the IC?

Did you call up True Sai and give them a heads up of what you want done before going there?
Old 30th June 2016, 12:26   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Hi Arun

I probably need to do this as well though my T Jet has run half of what your car has.

I am experiencing hesitation in acceleration, inconsistent power delivery in higher gears. The car runs great otherwise.

What made you think about getting an EGR, Inter cooler cleaning done? Also; what exactly did they do for cleaning the IC?

Did you call up True Sai and give them a heads up of what you want done before going there?
Yes, it would be better to call them and fix an appointment. I see many Fiat guys going from bangalore to True Sai these days.

When I checked with True Sai Manager(Shakthivel), he said its good to clean the EGR every 75K-90K Kms. You can talk to Shakthivel on this and get his opinion for Tjet.

For Inter cooler, they remove it for cleaning.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:52   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

An unusual update. My linea has done just around 2200Kms during the last two months(53 days). This is the lowest Kms covered in a two month period since its arrival.

Niggles:
  • Rain sensing wiper is not working as expected, it is very slow to react or sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Vecto Motors worked on it but it has not resolved the issue. I will have to take it to them again.
  • Some squeaking sound from front passenger seat. This is resolved now.
  • I reported the ODO blinking/Blue&Me issue as well since it has occurred thrice till date. They checked the Blue&Me unit and said its reset now and asked me to monitor for this issue.
This was taken last week,
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160625_132551optimized.jpg  

Old 8th July 2016, 21:50   #289
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Hi arun_josie,

Sorry to hijack your thread like this, but I have a question to ask you about tires.

I have recently bought a used 2005 Toyota Corolla with 95xxx kms on the ODO. The car is brilliant and is absolutely maintenance free.

One problem. The tires on the car are old. Like January 2005 old. No, it is not a typo. They are really that old. My running is approximately 30kms everyday with once in a month 300-400km drive over a weekend.

I am not looking at up sizing the tires so I'll stick to the 195/60/ 88V R15 Bridgestone Potenza RE88's I have on.
However, I am confused between two brands.

1. Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 195/60/88V R15
2. Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/60/88V R15

What I would really like is a silent cabin, grip whether is rain or shine, and a lifespan of minimum 35,000 to 40,0000 kms. I think I have to mention here is that I drive this car very sedately. Since most of my travel is to work and back in traffic.

After reading your hands on experience, I would be grateful to have your opinion on which of the two brands should I go for, or if you have any suggestions I would be more than happy to listen to them.

Thanks in advance!

DM99
Old 9th July 2016, 09:25   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawalmakwana99 View Post
Hi arun_josie,

I have recently bought a used 2005 Toyota Corolla with 95xxx kms on the ODO. The car is brilliant and is absolutely maintenance free.

One problem. The tires on the car are old. Like January 2005 old. No, it is not a typo.
10 years and 95000. Are you sure that this is the first set?! If so, I would love to see the condition.

Quote:
However, I am confused between two brands.

1. Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 195/60/88V R15
2. Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/60/88V R15
Regarding Michelin Primacy 3 ST, I really don't have any complaints. Slightly costlier but its worth it. Silent, grippier and for me now its at 50K Kms(earlier Good Years went for 35K Kms).

@50K Kms, its not silent any more but the grip level is still good.

For MC5, you can check with nkrishnap who is currently using this.

You can also refer to the below threads,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...hed-india.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nda-civic.html

For my next set, It will be again between 3ST and MC5.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 12:32   #291
BHPian

Quote:
10 years and 95000. Are you sure that this is the first set?! If so, I would love to see the condition.

Regarding Michelin Primacy 3 ST, I really don't have any complaints. Slightly costlier but its worth it. Silent, grippier and for me now its at 50K Kms(earlier Good Years went for 35K Kms).

@50K Kms, its not silent any more but the grip level is still good.

For MC5, you can check with nkrishnap who is currently using this.

The internet has mixed reviews of both the tires.
I have two office colleagues who have put the MC5's recently.

1. VW Vento TDI 195/60/R15
2. Honda Accord 3.0 V6 VTEC 225/50/R16

But with only a couple of thousand kilometers of driving in the city, it seems too early to get a 100% feedback.

I am also thinking of the Bridgestone Potenza G3's. I believe they are not available in the 195 trim but are available in the 205 trim. How does the B'stone fare against the MC5's and te P3ST's according to you?

The only reason the Bridgestone's are running on my mind is because I have a live example of my car running for 95k kms on them. I don't intend to use the new set (whichever I get) for even half that distance, but I am having a hard time trying to find another excuse to go for another brand!

Thanks in advance!

DM99
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-corolla-tires-1.jpg  

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-corolla-tires-2.jpg  

Old 9th July 2016, 16:40   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawalmakwana99 View Post
The only reason the Bridgestone's are running on my mind is because I have a live example of my car running for 95k kms on them. I don't intend to use the new set (whichever I get) for even half that distance, but I am having a hard time trying to find another excuse to go for another brand!

DM99
Dear dhawalmakwana99,

I am not sure if my posting feels relevant to you or not. However, my two bits - with apologies.

I had a Honda City ZX VTEC from 2006 to 2015. It did a total of 1,30,000+ km.
It came with original Bridgestone tyres. The tyres served me for 72,000+ km. Note: they were not bald!
The replacement set came from Bridgestone only. I kept the standard size. However, on the recommendation of the sales guy, I used what he called 'sportier version' of the same grades. I am sorry - I do not remember the exact details of the older or newer set. After doing more than 58,000+ km, they were in good condition.

The Bridgestone guy said that the first set was supposed to last from 45,000 ~ 55,000 km only. He 'blamed' or 'credited' my driving style for the long life of the tyres!

In conclusion, my two bits: I am sure that Michelin is better but that does not mean Bridgestone is bad. Go for it!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 12:27   #293
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear dhawalmakwana99,

In conclusion, my two bits: I am sure that Michelin is better but that does not mean Bridgestone is bad. Go for it!

Girish Mahajan
After a long thought and a good sleep over all the discussion and the opinions I went and put the Bridgestone B290's in my Toyota Corolla yesterday. It is not even possible to judge the tires and give an opinion about them in the 60 odd kms I drove last night in Mumbai, but a sense of compromise has not crossed my mind. The Bridgestones checked all the boxes I wanted; Silent cabin, grip and steering feel (I have a hydraulic steering)
I put the B'stones for Rs. 5000/- per tire. I was getting the Conti's for Rs. 4750/- per tire and the Michelin's for Rs. 5400/- per tire.
I got the valves and the weights as F.O.C from Infinity Tyres in Santacruz(W) Mumbai. Plus my tires are dated "1816" which further adds to my sense of satisfaction.

I would like to thank you for all the help arun_josie and Mr Girishji. I am grateful to you.

Best Regards,

DM99
dhawalmakwana99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 22:00   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

85K Update

85K on the ODO:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-85k.jpg

Michelin 3ST after 50K Kms:
It looks good for another 10K Kms at least.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160716_155806optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160716_160523optimized.jpg

Visit to Vecto Motors(Previous Servicing was done at 77K):

- Engine Oil/Filter, Air Filter, AC Filter replaced.
- Regarding Rain Sensing Wiper issue, they couldn't resolve despite keeping the car for two days. They wanted to keep the car for one more day, but I couldn't afford that.
- Fuel lid opener was not closing properly, its fixed now.

Total Bill 4039/-
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 07:59   #295
BHPian

Quote:
85K on the ODO:

Michelin 3ST after 50K Kms
It looks good for another 10K Kms at least.

Visit to Vecto Motors
(Previous Servicing was done at 77K):

- Fuel lid opener was not closing properly, its fixed now.

Total Bill 4039/-
The tyres really look good and you have taken care of them well.
My plans to hold on to stock tyres as long as possible (without safety compromise) has gone bust after the recent side wall cut on one of them 😞.

The fuel lid issue is common and intermittent even after we get it fixed I read that it keeps coming back. On my car, I got it fixed once already and I am prepared for reoccurrence.

Also Arun, why did you get the service done at 8k interval. The bill less than Rs 5000/- seems very pleasing though 😃.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Old 25th July 2016, 12:01   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

HVK Monsson Drive: 2016

I am back from a Monsoon Drive, and i should say that this is one of my best drives till date. Some awesome drive through Western Ghats with rains chasing us(Amboli, Rajapur, Ratnagiri, Amba, Panhala ghats), then a Ferry ride with Linea and other cars on it, awesome food, and fun times with friends.

My love for Linea has doubled with the way it handled the ghats during some aggressive driving. And I was really surprised with the FE of 18.7 considering the speed maintained and drive through ghats.

The 1st and 2nd gear continues to be the pain point especially when you are stuck behind trucks or very slow moving vehicles in inclines.

As always it was superb driving along with bhpians Parag(Ertiga), Satya(Ciaz), Jaison(220bhp Laura) and my friends Rajesh(XUV500) and Vivek(Baleno)

Here are few pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160723_064950optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160723_071340optimized.jpg

Ferry ride,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20160724wa0024.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-13698146_10154070101374998_6047018951835223840_o.jpg

After the ferry ride,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20160724wa0048.jpg

Aare-Ware beach,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-13606822_10155065968824689_39799846631546384_n.jpg

Some numbers,

Total Distance: 1792.5 Kms
FE: 18.7
Avg Speed: 60 Kmph
Duration: 29H and 37M

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo4.jpg

ODO has crossed 87K Kms,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20160724_165804optimized.jpg

And the meet was superbly organized by hvkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The tyres really look good and you have taken care of them well.
My plans to hold on to stock tyres as long as possible (without safety compromise) has gone bust after the recent side wall cut on one of them ��.

The fuel lid issue is common and intermittent even after we get it fixed I read that it keeps coming back. On my car, I got it fixed once already and I am prepared for reoccurrence.

Also Arun, why did you get the service done at 8k interval. The bill less than Rs 5000/- seems very pleasing though ��.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
I think I am getting this fuel lid issue for the second time.

Regarding the servicing, plan is to do the servicing every 10K but due to 2K Kms Monsoon drive, I decided to change the oil and filters before the drive.

Last edited by arun_josie : 25th July 2016 at 12:04.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 11:31   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Nagercoil - Yercaud - Bangalore

At 88888 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t188888optimized.jpg

Bangalore - Nagercoil - Yercaud - Bangalore:

During the recent drive, while returning from Nagercoil, we took an impromptu detour via Yercaud, Harur, Karimangalam. It was really fun with some nice twisty roads till yercaud, then some narrow twisty roads through forest area, then some nice 2L state highway and joined the 4L towards bangalore at Karimangalam. 80% of the roads were really good and we were happy with this detour. The stop at Yercaud was just 10 mins.

Here are few pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t2optimized.jpg

Narrow stretch till Kuppanur

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-snap1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t3optimized.jpg

Then some nice 2L state highway,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t4optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t5optimized.jpg

Some pics taken near Nagercoil,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t6optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t7optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t8optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t9optimized.jpg

Some numbers,

Total Distance: 1447.3 Kms
FE: 18.3
Avg Speed: 64
Duration: 22H:30M

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo.jpg

ODO has now crossed 89K.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 22:17   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

90,000Kms

And now into the 90s.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-90koptimized.jpg

Here is a pic after a quick water less wash and wax, I was able to wash with little less than 750ml of water.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t2optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t4.jpg

Other Updates:

• Last servicing was done around 85K Kms, So will plan for the next one at 95K.
  • Tyres are still holding good at 55K Kms.
  • Wheel Alignment/Wheel Balancing/Tyre Rotation needs to be done.
  • I will have to check for the brake pad/brake disc condition as well. No issues with the braking though.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 00:12   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience with the KL roads:

My experience with the KL roads:

Due to the current Cauvery issue and the unpredictable situation at the KA-TN border we decided to take the KL route. Also, being with family,
I was very hesitant to take the TN roads. The route we took was, Bangalore - Mysore(Stay at Mysore) - Kalpetta - Cochin - Trivandrun - Nagercoil.

Name:  Snap2.gif
Views: 1342
Size:  93.7 KB

From Mysore we started at 5:15 AM and we reached Nagercoil exactly at 11:55 PM. So total duration from Mysore was 18H:40M (From Bangalore, it
adds up to 21H:10M)

Some comparison:

Bangalore - Nagercoil (Via KL):

Total Kms: 836 Kms
Duration: 21H:10M
Avg Speed: 40Kmph(approx)
Avg Speed between Kalpetta - Trivandrum(450 Kms) was 32Kmph only.

Nagercoil - Bangalore(Via TN):

This is what it took during the return through the standard route(Madurai-Salem)

Total Kms : 658Kms
Duration: 8H:30M
Avg Speed: 79Kmph(approx)
Now that is a whopping difference, isn't it?! And it says a lot about KL roads/traffic and TN roads.

Route experience:
  • Initially after Kalpetta, we loved the ghats which was scenic, loads of turns, harpin bends etc.
  • Overtaking was always a challenge as its 2L roads all through with high traffic flow(Except a stretch of around 40Kms near Cochin which is 4L)
  • Its all about traffic traffic traffic!
  • At one point(before Guruvayur), we were able to cover only 110Kms in 4 hours.
  • I was mostly on 2nd and 3rd gear so much that I forgot about the 5th gear at some point.
  • Good thing was the roads were good without any big potholes and speed breakers.
  • Cochin - Trivandrum(200 Kms) took 6 hours(Few months back, we took this route early morning and covered it in 3H 40M).
  • Last one hour before Trivandrum was quick.
  • Many hotels on the way but most of them were empty, so we were little confused on where to stop. We then decided to stop inside towns only.
  • Private buses were very rash and they even didn't bother to overtake on the harpin-bends.
  • At signals, people were keeping left lane open for "free left" unlike bangalore where it is blocked by the traffic most of the times.
  • You have to pass through almost all towns and cities.
  • Estimated time by google maps was accurate almost every time.
  • GPS was guiding us off the NH66 which we started ignoring because it took us through some very narrow lanes once.
What it requires to drive on these roads:
  • Loads of patience an concentration to handle the traffic.
  • Overtaking skill to make sure that you are moving ahead.
  • Being on the right gear always helps to overtake when you get a chance.
  • Be informed and keep yourself updated about these roads before the trip so that you are not in for a shock.
  • Keep the passengers informed about the nature of these roads as well and what to expect. Especially if it is going to be a long stretch.
  • Many a times the 2W in front of you will just stop in middle of the road to take a right turn. So, we will have to be alert.
  • There were many intersection which joins at an angle towards you which confused me at times.
Overall, it was an Experience to drive on these routes during daytime and I have no regrets taking this route as we were always bored to take the standard 4L route. Now, will I take this route again?!, Sure but with more planning so that I can reduce the time on road.

And, hats off to the people who take these routes frequently.

Overall trip route map,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-snap1.gif

Fuel Efficiency:

Surprisingly it was at 19.6 after the Onward journey.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-8optimized.jpg

And came down to 19.3 after the return journey

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-9optimized.jpg

Total Kms,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-10optimized.jpg

Some random clicks,

On the way to Kalpetta,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4optimized.jpg

Traffic at KA-KL border,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-7optimized.jpg

Some view point after Kalpetta,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1aoptimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2optimized.jpg

Dual tone Fiat This guy was doing good speeds in those KL roads,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-6optimized.jpg

@ Dinner stop,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5optimized.jpg

Currently the ODO has crossed 93000 Kms.

Last edited by arun_josie : 5th October 2016 at 00:13.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 16:41   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Another quick visit to home town,

Another quick visit to home town, this time a detour via Srivilliputhur to taste some delicious palkovas and to have some nice Non-Veg food at the famous Border Kadai on the Tenkasi-Sengottai road (Rahmath Parotta Stall). Overall it was around 60-70 Kms more than the standard route.

The detour is from Tirumangalam(Madurai) and goes via, Srivilliputhur - Rajapalayam - Puliyangudi - Tenkasi. And then via Alangullam - Tirunelveli - Nagercoil.

Tirumangalam(Madurai) - Tenkasi(140 Kms):

Throughout this route, its 2L and with trees on both the sides but very dry otherwise. The overall condition of the roads is mixed, excellent - good - average, I would say.

Here are few pics from this route,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4optimized.jpg

Srivilliputhur Palkova

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5optimized.jpg

Kasi Vishwanath temple in tenkasi,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-6optimized.jpg

Rahmath Parotta Stall,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-7optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-8optimized.jpg

Tenkasi - Tirunelveli:

The road condition is again mixed, good at some places and average otherwise. At some places it is very uneven. Better to maintain a speed of 60-70Kmph.

Few pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-9optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-10optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-11optimized.jpg

On the way back to bangalore, police stopped us at Namakkal toll and removed our KA number plate due to ongoing Cauvery issue. It really felt weird driving without a number plate.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20161011_105606optimized.jpg

Overall trip distance: 1550.7 Kms
FE: 18.7
Avg Speed: 62
Trip Duration: 24H: 59M
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks