Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:04   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Great going there Arun. It will be surprising if you aren't driving on a weekend. You have set such high standards for covering kms

Next target 111,111 kms on the Odo. Another drive you should get there.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 08:00   #332
BHPian

I bought a new Linea Classic Plus few months ago. Look forward to sharing experiences and advice with fellow Fiat Ian's. Looking for inputs on how to get the best rear parking sensors. Should i go with audio or video and estimated cost, fit and finish? Will tampering with the electricals lead to warranty issues?

Also the Linea comes with 3 year/ 100000km warranty. Possible to extend that?
Old 28th February 2017, 16:54   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I bought a new Linea Classic Plus few months ago. Look forward to sharing experiences and advice with fellow Fiat Ian's.
Congratulations on your new ride, bharatbits! Wishing you a happy and safe ownership of this beauty.

Quote:
Looking for inputs on how to get the best rear parking sensors. Should i go with audio or video and estimated cost, fit and finish? Will tampering with the electricals lead to warranty issues?
I don't think rear parking sensor will void the warranty because, this is part of their accessory list as well.

Quote:
Also the Linea comes with 3 year/ 100000km warranty. Possible to extend that?
As far as I know, currently there is no option to take extended warranty.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:10   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Replaced the tyres to Michelin 3ST again:

Replaced the tyres to Michelin 3ST again:

So, after 74,831 Kms with the current set, I have replaced the tyres with another set of 3ST as I really didn't have any complaints against it. Especially when it has doubled the life of the previous Good Years which gave me a life of 35,582K Kms only.

During my previous visit to Madhus, they told these tyres can be used for another 10K at least but still I decided to do the replacement much earlier.

Also, the prices had gone up by 5% since I checked last time. Thanks to Nikhil(Madhus), that he was able to give me a good deal despite the price hike and I opted for the 6 EMI option which is available for Michelin tyres.

Its only after seeing the new set and the old one side by side, I could realize how much the old one has worn out :-), but it still was within the tread wear indicator limits.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized2.jpg

Here is the new set,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized1.jpg

Old set,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized3.jpg

Getting the Wheel Alignment done,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized5.jpg

ODO @ 1,10,413 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized4odo.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Great going there Arun. It will be surprising if you aren't driving on a weekend. You have set such high standards for covering kms

Next target 111,111 kms on the Odo. Another drive you should get there.
Thanks Krishna!

Yes will keep an eye for 1,11,111 Kms :-)

Last edited by arun_josie : 2nd March 2017 at 12:13.
arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:58   #335
BHPian

Hello Arun, I have been spotting bhpians too ofen these days. I saw your wonderful Linea near IIM, Baneerghatta road this morning. Its hard to say that your car has done more than a lac just looking by its exterior. I wish you many more kms of happy and safe driving. Cheers
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:18   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello Arun, I have been spotting bhpians too ofen these days. I saw your wonderful Linea near IIM, Baneerghatta road this morning. Its hard to say that your car has done more than a lac just looking by its exterior. I wish you many more kms of happy and safe driving. Cheers
Thanks CarMaster!

By the way, I spotted a palio with LTD around the same location, was that you?
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:16   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks CarMaster!

By the way, I spotted a palio with LTD around the same location, was that you?
No Arun, I was riding a two wheeler. I own a 2011 Punto 1.3 MJD which has done about 1.5 lac kms
CarMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 06:35   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

1,11,111 Kms

And the ODO hits 1,11,111 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedodo_111111.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170304_175144.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
I own a 2011 Punto 1.3 MJD which has done about 1.5 lac kms
Wow, nice to hear this :-)
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:03   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Mega Service Update:

Mega Service Update (1.20L Kms Service done in advance at 1.12L Kms)

With a long drive coming up(cross-country), I decided to do the 1,20,000 Kms scheduled service much in advance. Also, with the clutch slowly giving up, I decided to replace the clutch as well. My worry was that this service will leave a big hole in my pocket, however I didn't have
any other choice but to go ahead with this complete service.

Blessing in disguise was the Service camp which was scheduled around the same time(March 19th-25th). Basically this service camp comes up with 10% discount on Parts and 10% discount on Labor charges. So, this turned up as a small saving for me.

During service camp, Vecto is heavily crowded, so decided to do this service at True Sai, Salem.

So, the plan was to perform the below jobs,
  • Timing chain replacement(This requires a change every 60K Kms. The new timing chain model has a 90K Kms interval for replacement. So, I went ahead with the new model this time)
  • Clutch replacement (Reverse gear was slotting with grinding noise, first gear was hard at times)
  • Master cylinder replacement
  • Slave cylinder replacement
  • Alternator belt replacement (As per the manual, this has to be replaced every 60K Kms, but this was never changed till now)
  • Steering belt replacement (As per the manual, this has to be replaced every 60K Kms, but this was never changed till now)
  • All oil/filter changes (including coolant, brake fluid, transmission oil etc.)
  • A/C center vent was broken, so decided to change this
  • Keeping the long drive in mind, I asked them to clean the brakes
Since major work was involved, I didn't want them to rush and finish the work in a day. Also, on Sundays they don't work beyond 5PM. So, it took one and a half day to finish all the jobs

Here are few pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170319_104312.jpg

Worn out clutch,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170319_154949.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170319_155009.jpg

Airfilter and A/C Filter,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedairfilteracfilter.jpg

Broken A/C vent,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedacvent1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedacvent2.jpg

Torn wheel arc,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-torn-wheelarc.jpg

New master cylinder,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedmc.jpg

and slave cylinder,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimizedsc.jpg

Billing:

I was apprehensive of the bill amount because I was sure it is going to be a big one. I could have done clutch replacement another time but this time I didn't have a choice but to do it in one go.

After the service camp discounts, the total amount came to 34,879 /-

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-bill.jpg

Hopefully, the next few services should be routine ones with just the normal oil/filter changes.

Observation Post service:

At around 2-2.5K Rpm, I hear a hum or a slight growling sound. No performance issue though. True Sai guys say that they are not able to hear anything abnormal. But I am still keeping a close watch on this. If I am slow to 2K Rpm, I don't hear this sound. It is only when I am little aggressive to 2-2.5K Rpm, I hear this sound.

Apart from this, the clutch has become super-smooth. In fact, at times I get a feeling that the clutch pedal is disconnected, that smooth it is . And it is only after this new clutch, I could realize that the old one was hard. Pick up has improved as well, car is quick to 2K rpm. The gear movements are very smooth.

Overall, True Sai guys have done a very good job.

Pic taken after the servicing,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170320_162207.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized20170320_162157.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 23rd March 2017 at 11:08.
arun_josie is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:33   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mega Service Update:

Quote:
[b]With a long drive coming up(cross-country), I decided to do the 1,20,000 Kms scheduled service much in advance.
And that should make your upcoming trip even better and peaceful since you have carried out most of the replacements pro-actively.

Quote:
Observation Post service:

Apart from this, the clutch has become super-smooth. In fact, at times I get a feeling that the clutch pedal is disconnected, that smooth it is . And it is only after this new clutch, I could realize that the old one was hard. Pick up has improved as well, car is quick to 2K rpm. The gear movements are very smooth.
Exactly! Since clutch wear is a very very slowly progressive event and since you are the sole driver of your car, it becomes difficult to realise that the clutch has become weak or hard till you either replace it or you drive another car with a healthier clutch.

We may proudly say that the clutch lasted very long but the moment a new clutch is put, the whole feeling is different - The Take off from Standstill, the Throttle response, the acceleration etc.

Although your existing clutch would have easily served you for the entire trip without giving away, a brand new clutch for this drive will be icing on the cake.

All the best for your drive and we know you will have a blast.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:13   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Good thing that went you for clutch kit change along with the master and slave cylinder. If you didn't, that would the weakest link in the clutch system. Enjoy the soft clutch and the bite from the new type clutch plates. I too hear the humming kind of noise around 2k rpm. However, I have done around 2k kms and the sound has sort of settled down to being almost non existent.

PS: Next target for you is 2 lakh kms. Keep it going
nkrishnap is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 12:50   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

I missed to update the 1,12,000 Kms milestone in the last post.
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-optimized112000.jpg

After the last drive to pollachi via Kanakapura/Kollegal, I felt the need to upgrade the lights. So, I got it upgraded to Osram night breaker plus(high beam) and H7 100w bulbs for low beam including relay kit/ceramic holders. This is probably the first mod in my car :-)

The intensity is really good when compared to the stock bulbs, both low/high beam. Yet to test it on highways though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Exactly! Since clutch wear is a very very slowly progressive event and since you are the sole driver of your car, it becomes difficult to realise that the clutch has become weak or hard till you either replace it or you drive another car with a healthier clutch.
Yes, this is very true.

Quote:
We may proudly say that the clutch lasted very long but the moment a new clutch is put, the whole feeling is different - The Take off from Standstill, the Throttle response, the acceleration etc.
Yes, now I am getting adjusted to this new clutch due to this overall improvement. Also, during the last 2-3 weeks, I was used to slot the first gear before reverse to avoid the grinding noise, now I have to remind me every time that I should slot the reverse directly.

Quote:

All the best for your drive and we know you will have a blast.
Thanks a lot, Parag!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Good thing that went you for clutch kit change along with the master and slave cylinder. If you didn't, that would the weakest link in the clutch system. Enjoy the soft clutch and the bite from the new type clutch plates. I too hear the humming kind of noise around 2k rpm. However, I have done around 2k kms and the sound has sort of settled down to being almost non existent.

PS: Next target for you is 2 lakh kms. Keep it going

I will keep monitoring this sound closely.

Yes, that is the target, hope it is trouble free till then. During this service at True Sai, there was one well maintained Linea with 2,08,500 Kms, this motivates as well.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 08:43   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Summer road trip

Summer road trip:

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-dp.jpg

We are back from a wonderful family trip through 12 states and 2 UTs. 8597 kms of roads varying from awesome to non-existent and temperatures ranging from 4 degrees to 43 degrees. Overall it was a fun-filled trip.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-map.jpg

Linea crossed the 1,20,000 Kms during this trip.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-120000.jpg
Old 29th April 2017, 21:55   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Minor service

Service Update:

After the cross-country drive, I decided to get a complete check-up done for the Linea. Had some work in salem, so decided service the car at True Sai.

1) Replaced the engine oil/filter, air filter, AC filter.
Old air filter and AC filter

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20170422_100258.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20170422_100934.jpg

2) Asked them to check the engine sound which is little sharp/loud at 2.5K-3KRPM. They said that this is because of the timing chain and should slowly die down. Vecto Motors gave the same response as well.

3) Update on the 100/90 bulbs:

During my last trip, both the low beam bulbs conked off simultaneously. So, fitted the stock bulbs for time being.

4) The rear number plate bulb tripped as well, replaced it during this service.

Total Bill amount came to 4800/-(approx)

A bad week for my Linea with couple of minor incidents:

1) At the NICE toll, I was behind a truck when a Sumo taxi tried to sneak between me and the truck. I tried to keep him away by not leaving any gap, in this process I was too close to the truck and hit the bull bar of the truck. From the sound, I thought the grill would have given way but luckily it was just the Fiat logo which got damaged. I got this replaced which costed 700/-

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20170422_100626.jpg

2) On Bannerghatta road, I was doing around 30-40Kmph and all of a sudden an auto comes and rear-ends me. I didn’t brake or slow down for him to hit me accidentally. Probably he was too fast and his mind was elsewhere. He immediately apologized and said brake failure. He looked innocent and kept saying that he doesn't have money. So, I just let him go and left the scene without getting into any argument with him. I took a pic of the damages and number plate of the auto as well.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20170427_104454.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 23:25   #345
BHPian

Re: Summer road trip

Quote:
Summer road trip:

Attachment 1630206

We are back from a wonderful family trip through 12 states and 2 UTs. 8597 kms of roads varying from awesome to non-existent and temperatures ranging from 4 degrees to 43 degrees. Overall it was a fun-filled trip.

Linea crossed the 1,20,000 Kms during this trip.
Congratulations on completion of 1.2 lakh kms.

When will the cross country TL likely to get released?
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks