Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:20   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Rear Suspension Check:

During the last servicing, the wicks on both the rear suspensions were not replaced due to non-availability of parts. So,I got this replaced @ Vecto Motors.

Since the shock absorber was removed to replace this part, I asked them to check the shock absorber. They tested and said it is good. So, i didn't go for a replacement.

This wick/bush was cut on both the sides(left and right)
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180221_093434209.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180221_093458994.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing/Rotation:

I got the wheel alignment, wheel balancing and 4W rotation done at Madhus. Had some slight steering vibration at around 110. It disappeared after this balancing.

The wear and tear is even among these tyres and this is how it looks after 43K Kms.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180228_113946554_ll.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180228_114228636.jpg

Feedback on Liqui Moly diesel additive:

After using this additive, I have driven around 2K kms but couldn't feel any difference in noise level coming down. The sound level during idling is also almost same as before.

Before using this additive, I did the 1,50,000Kms servicing along with EGR cleaning. After this servicing, I felt that engine was smoother and quieter during idling. Later I added the Liqui Moly additive, but I couldn't observe any significant difference in the noise levels.

So, I am not sure if the servicing covered the scope for improvement on the smooth idling part.

I checked using the dB app too. Despite multiple iteration, I couldn't see much improvement in the decibel numbers.

Before servicing, the number was around 39-40dB
After servicing, this level came down to 37-38 dB
After using the diesel additive, the number still stayed around 37 dB only.

However when I first checked the dB level after 60 Kms post this additive, the dB app showed 35-36 dB but this was only once. I am not sure about other advantages due to this additive.

Current ODO is at 153775

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180301_104325728.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 17:31   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO @ 1,55,000 Kms

During an early morning drive on the NICE road :-)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180304_062033384.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180304_071510898.jpg

ODO @ 1,55,000 Kms.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-155000.jpg

Nothing much to update.
I need to get the fuel filter replaced as it is close to 15K Kms since it was replaced last.
Intermittently getting the glow plug error, if required i will get this replaced as well.

arun_josie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 17:40   #423
Team-BHP Support

Re: ODO @ 1,55,000 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
ODO @ 1,55,000 Kms.
Any plans of upgrading?

PS -Because otherwise you look all set to overtake me by May / June.
Old 19th March 2018, 19:09   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any plans of upgrading?
Low(No) resale value of Linea + My interest towards Compass means, I will have to wait for a longer time to upgrade.

Quote:
PS -Because otherwise you look all set to overtake me by May / June.
Thanks to your Black Panther.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 19:38   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks to your Black Panther.
More to do with wife taking up bigger career responsibilities. We have done less than 500 kms in the bike together, so it hasn't really eaten up miles from the Punto.

Plus you already know the last two outstation trips had their own share of niggles.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 10:46   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO @ 1,57,000 Kms

It was 15K Kms since the fuel filter was last replaced, so I got this done last week.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180326_114135951.jpg

Crossed the 1,57,000 Kms mark during a recent drive to Chennai.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180401_152046914_ll.jpg

Also, I had to do a interior cleaning(vacuuming) when I was in Chennai, so got this done at 3M Thiruvanmiyur. One of the laziest cleaning/detailing center that I have ever seen. Lots of people at work but lots of chit chatting and walking around for no reason too. I was there for 2+ hours and during this period they have done a normal water wash/interior vacuuming for a Safari and my car. And some under-body coating for the Safari. 3 other cars were sitting idle.

I was surprised at the way this under-body coating was done because one guy kneeling on the floor just stretched his hand and did the work. As far as I know, normally car is put on a ramp for any under-body work. So, this surprised me.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3m.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180331_172507706.jpg

arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 10:35   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Front Bumper/Fender repainting done

Quote:
Got a quote of 4600/- from trend automobiles for the below damage, now I will have to find some time to drop the car for this repair work. This includes, half bumper painting, removing the dent from fender and full fender painting. Also, instead of half bumper I may be going for full bumper painting.
Front Bumper/Fender repainting done:

During my recent Chennai drive, one Dzire taxi swiped on the front which damaged the number plate and put some more marks on the bumper. So, I decided to get this work done at the earliest and also went ahead with full bumper repainting.

The moment when the Dzire swiped the front.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.jpg

It was my mistake as I was following GPS which directed me to take a "U" turn here however I think its not a legal "U" turn. I could have shown little more patience. I apologized and paid him 1K for the damages on the Dzire.

So, with further damages to the bumper, I decided to get the bumper/fender work done at the earliest.

Now after the repainting, the bumper looks brand new. Total damages to my pocket, 6K.

Before

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1b.jpg

After

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1.jpg

Before

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4.jpg

After

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5.jpg

And a dinner drive with family after getting the car back.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 8th April 2018 at 10:36.
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 21:51   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

1,60,000 Kms Update

ODO @ 1,60,000 Kms.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-160000.jpg

Some pics from my recent 2K Kms trip, Bangalore - Chennai - Nagercoil - Bangalore.

I loved this stretch with trees around(on the Chennai - Trichy highway).

During a quick stop

Total Distance: 2006 Kms
Overall FE: 16.7 (This includes around 70Kms inside Chennai City)
Avg Speed: 54 Kmph
Duration: 37H : 8M

Other Updates:
  1. Now my car is due for the Oil/filter servicing. I am planning to get this done in a week or two.
  2. The water pump is still the stock one, So will get this checked/replaced.
  3. I am hearing some rattling sound from left rear, need to get this checked. Initially, I thought it might be some sound from the boot but that is not the case.
arun_josie is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 08:46   #429
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1,60,000 Kms Update

Quote:
ODO @ 1,60,000 Kms.
Nice.

I'm at 161616 kms currently as I type this - but with no major scope of long runs this month. Drumroll for the moment you overtake me - if not happened already.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 14:44   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1,60,000 Kms Update

Quote:
Nice.

I'm at 161616 kms currently as I type this - but with no major scope of long runs this month. Drumroll for the moment you overtake me - if not happened already.
Not yet, another 1K to catch you.
Old 9th May 2018, 10:17   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

1,60,000 Kms Service Update

Servicing done at 1,60,600 Kms(10K duration):

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180507_151511242.jpg

I got this done at Vecto Motors and here are the things that were taken care of during this service,
  1. Engine oil/filter replaced
  2. Air filter replaced
  3. AC filter replaced
  4. Glow plug replaced
  5. Battery check done
  6. Complete checkup done
  7. Rattling noise resolved(from the left rear side)
Rattling noise resolved:

As mentioned before there was a rattling noise from the left rear side of the car. This was narrowed down to the heat-resistant plate which needed some tightening. Its the yellowish plate seen in the below pic,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180507_151333003.jpg

Water Pump:

I asked them to replace the water pump as this is yet to be replaced, however they said its not required as there is no symptom of wear and tear/abnormal noise. I discussed with the senior technician and the manager as well but they were of the same opinion. Also, since this visit was unplanned and I had gone during evening hours, I didn't want to leave the car over-night for this replacement.

Normally this replacement is done(on need basis) during timing chain replacement. For me it has not been done so far and my next timing chain replacement schedule is at least 30-40K Kms away).

Any suggestion on this would be appreciated. Should I wait for the symptoms / wait till next timing chain replacement / get this replaced considering the age factor?

Billing:

Overall, the bill came to 6215/-.

Even though I have visited these guys umpteen times, they still tried adding some extras which really irritated me. Otherwise, it was good.

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th May 2018 at 10:29.
arun_josie is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 08:45   #432
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1,60,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
Also, since this visit was unplanned and I had gone during evening hours
Is the place crowded these days? I need to get a normal service done. Was thinking Monday, but forgot to book a slot.
Old 20th May 2018, 23:12   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1,60,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
Is the place crowded these days? I need to get a normal service done. Was thinking Monday, but forgot to book a slot.
It's not crowded like before, you can just walk-in.
Old 21st May 2018, 18:12   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Goa Trip and ODO @ 162162 Kms

Finally a drive/trip to Goa
Also, the 17th State/UT that my Linea has explored!

Route taken : Onward: Bangalore - Hubli - Dharwad - Aravatagi - Anmod - Goa (Colva)
Return: Goa (Colva) - Karwar - Ankola - Yellapur - Mundgod - Bankapur - Haveri - Bangalore

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-maps.jpg

Some nice roads

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1a.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1b.jpg

Narrow and a nice stretch

Beaches

Boating
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4.jpg

Of course, some nice and delicious sea food
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5.jpg

And Some numbers,
Total Distance: 1218.7 Kms
Average FE: 18.6 Kmpl
Average Speed: 64Kmph
Total duration: 18H:58M
Current ODO: 162162 Kms
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-goatrip_data.jpg

This was on the 2L stretch after Dharwad
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180518_090633133.jpg

Near Karwar
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180520_124920745.jpg

Overall it was an awesome drive and had a nice time with my friends

Last edited by arun_josie : 21st May 2018 at 18:14.
arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:22   #435
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...763013&thumb=1

Congratulations. But you got a long way to catch me.
I just crossed 200,000 km on my linea.
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-010.jpg  

car-dent is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed