Team-BHP - Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/151984-unexpected-love-affair-italian-beauty-fiat-linea-mjd-edit-sold-38.html)

This is absolutely mind boggling to see how one would capture every moment with his car - sir, I’m short of words :Shockked:

Seeing those graphs reminded me of those ECG’s docs take to monitor ones health condition. Similarly, you’ve taken it to the next level of maintaining a car and you’ve set a solid example to everyone clap:

Whoever has got their hands on that Linea, they’d think you’ve faked the reading on the odo because the car is so well maintained and they should get the service records to realize it’s legit. Usually, people fake by reducing the kms on the odo but here the new owner would be thinking if you’re giving him an over hyped car to build confidence in him. Lol.

Good luck and congrats for the compass and I believe your first drive is to Pondicherry directly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4588016)
Moved your 4 farewell posts from the Assembly Line to your ownership thread. Thanks for sharing!

What an emotional farewell to your companion of 2 lakh km! A fitting goodbye to a dependable friend. And if I may say so, your farewell is as long as the full car reviews of other websites :D. This might also be the only time that a farewell post will be making it to our homepage (adding to "hot threads" shortly).

This dedication & attention-to-detail probably explains why your Linea looked so good, even with 2 lakh km on the clock. I think the car was as lucky to have you as vice versa!

Goodbye Linea, hello Compass :thumbs up. Looking forward to your detailed ownership report.

Thanks a lot for your very kind words, GTO. Means a lot when it comes from you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4588067)
Thats a very fitting farewell to the Linea. She's been with you for a long time and I'm sure you have made tons of memories with her. Yes, farewells like these are hard for us, but we have to move on and make new memories.

Thank you! Yes, loads of memories and it was just logical to move on, but with a heavy heart though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiestarry (Post 4588073)
What a wonderful journey of two lakh kms. A good sturdy machine the Fiat has proved to be.
The service costs too have been very reasonable for a sedan. Even the clutch and timing belt changes were inexpensive.
Wishing you a great journey on the new steed

Thank you! Yes it is a no-nonsense and low maintenance car. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikarthik (Post 4588099)
I am amazed by your dedication to the data collection & retention!

Linea is a wonderful car and am quite sad that the way FIAT was perceived in India.

Also, it comes out after resale, the cost of owning a Linea is more or less same as using an OLA Micro and with added flexibility of use and ownership satisfaction.

Thank you, saikarthik!
Very true, it was as on par with OLA or even lesser than taxis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 4588121)
Wow, that was quite a ride! Your attention to detail is reflected in the way you've maintained the Linea. The next owner is really lucky.

The Sun sets over the journey with the Linea and a new course is charted with the "Compass"

Your story is probably showing the way current Fiat enthusiasts are taking or going to take. We wish you a wonderful experience with the new ride.

Thank you, rav11stars!
I am already seeing few Fiatians who have moved to Jeep. Harrier is another good option once the initial niggles are resolved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 4588144)
You have summed up the Ownership beautifully. Off the 20+ cars I have owned in the past, my best drive was with the Linea. Moved on to many other cars and including a 90HP which didnt give me as much joy. Some how I felt the Linea, a sedan to be more rock solid than a Punto, a hatch.

I am sure Jeep is a great upgrade and your heart will be content.

Thank you, Karthik!

Yeah, Linea is a gem and I am super happy with the Jeep upgrade :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skishorenaik (Post 4588193)
Hats off to you Sir.

Definitely an Emotional farewell. Even the car is so lucky to have a owner like you:). The quote "Live to Drive" suits you perfectly.

Looking forward to see your posts of Jeep compass..

Welome to team-bhp mate :-)
And thanks for your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 4588280)
Congrats on the Jeep Compass. All good things come to an end and so did the time with the Linea.

Enjoy the bigger multi-jet engine with similar or better mile munching.

Thanks Krishna!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcruiser (Post 4588375)
Congrats on your new car purchase. Now you just dont have to care for the potholes or speed breakers.

Thanks redcruiser!

That is true, I am getting used to the freedom from potholes :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmuzik (Post 4588424)
Have always been a silent spectator of your Ownership thread and even i feel sad reading your farewell post. But I absolutely can't praise you enough for the way you have documented each and every bit of it and the manner you have taken care of your ride. I take so much inspiration and lessons from threads like yours to overcome my negligence and laziness. I think any vehicle coming to your hands would be lucky so wishing you the best of days ahead with your new ride!

Thank you for de-lurking and sharing your thoughts, freakmuzik! Means a lot to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrish (Post 4588431)
Impressed! The amount of detail and history shared is mind blowing. I had very similar feelings when I parted with my Punto in 2018. "A Fiat is a Fiat" and I still miss the emotional connect I had with my car. That said you topped up with an even better experience...Compass is a wonderful beast and looking forward to the next story! Congratulations again!

Thanks Sabrish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gururajrv (Post 4588573)
This is absolutely mind boggling to see how one would capture every moment with his car - sir, I’m short of words :Shockked:

Seeing those graphs reminded me of those ECG’s docs take to monitor ones health condition. Similarly, you’ve taken it to the next level of maintaining a car and you’ve set a solid example to everyone clap:

Thanks, mate. When the car is so good to you, you can't help take good care of it. :-)

Lovely post anna. The moment I saw it in the home page I knew it was going to be you. I saw you in your Jeep last month and wanted to ask about your Linea.

While you will be missing the Linea, I am sure you are falling in love with the Compass. Will check out your Compass when we meet again @Ngl.

You sure like travelling. What is the source of your energy?
I felt very bad when handing over the keys to Punto. But life still goes on. Though the first car always remains special.
On bright side a proper upgrade from Linea.
Is your Compass ownership thread open already?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4587575)
The moment when the car was handed over to PPS Motors. It was a bitter-sweet moment to hand-over the keys after having a lovely relationship with this machine.

Attachment 1875290

Spotted two weeks back @PPS Motors just before the car was handed over to the new owner.

Attachment 1875291

Attachment 1875292

Your post makes me dread the moment when the time comes for me to part with my 7+ years old TJet... (there are no intention in foreseeable future though)
What an amazing parting post.. clap:
And the kind of details you have shared shows how much she was cherished while she was with you..
I am sure she is going to miss you as much as you are going to miss her..
Congratulations on your new beast!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 4589360)
Lovely post anna. The moment I saw it in the home page I knew it was going to be you. I saw you in your Jeep last month and wanted to ask about your Linea.

While you will be missing the Linea, I am sure you are falling in love with the Compass. Will check out your Compass when we meet again @Ngl.

Thanks Judil!
I didn't know you were in Nagercoil. Yes, Compass is a perfect upgrade for me and I am enjoying it. Sure, we will meet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 4589861)
You sure like travelling. What is the source of your energy?

Boost is the secret of my energy. Just kidding!:D
I have always been passionate about driving, and luckily I have like minded people around me to follow my passion.

Quote:

I felt very bad when handing over the keys to Punto. But life still goes on. Though the first car always remains special.
On bright side a proper upgrade from Linea.

Is your Compass ownership thread open already?
Not yet. I will have to find some time to start composing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shikhar10882 (Post 4590221)
Your post makes me dread the moment when the time comes for me to part with my 7+ years old TJet... (there are no intention in foreseeable future though)
What an amazing parting post.. clap:
And the kind of details you have shared shows how much she was cherished while she was with you..
I am sure she is going to miss you as much as you are going to miss her..
Congratulations on your new beast!!!

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
Yes, it is tough parting ways after such a wonderful experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4587588)
Here ends the story of my Linea. See you all soon over at my Jeep Compass ownership thread.:)

My Compass ownership thread is live now :).

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ted-o-4x4.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4587588)
Some number crunching

It has been a wonderful journey with the most underrated machine. Wish if Fiat Could make a comeback.