Team-BHP - Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/151984-unexpected-love-affair-italian-beauty-fiat-linea-mjd-edit-sold-4.html)

Congratulations arun_josie on your Linea. For long distance drives there is no other car in the price range of 10 lakhs that can give the ride comfort and safety feeling that Linea gives.

Nil depreciation policy can be taken even after 3 years, I recently took nil depreciation for the 4th year for my Punto from Oriental Insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alavandar (Post 3457776)
1. Those photos are taken in village roads of Thanjavur/ Ariyalur districts of TN. We live near Chennai.

2. AC I suggest you try setting the climat control at 16 deg auto initially and once the cabin is cool bring upto 22 deg. Also periodically check the pollen filter behind the glove compartment and have it cleaned.

Thanks for your suggestion , alavandar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3457896)
Apologies for being late in congratulating you on the thread for getting the Linea home. Looking forward to see the Linea pics opposite to 3M store just like you did with the Dzire. :D

Your review is on the dot, except for the audio piece. The prefacelift version's audio is nothing to write home about if you are an audiophile. On the niggles, the saving grace is they were fixed without much fuss.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea.

Thanks Krishna!
Sure, will follow the same trend as I did for Dzire :D
On the niggles, Yes Vecto Motors helped to resolve those issues without any fuss. Also, they provided a T-Jet for 3 days clap:when my Linea went for the windscreen change.

Hi arun_josie. Congrats on selecting the Linea. It's always a pleasure to see the number of Fiatian's adding up and enjoying their cars. My journey began with a Palio and continues with the Linea. Have clocked 78 thou Km in 3.5 years (running cost of Rs3.5/km including services and spares) and like you love to take my car everywhere I go. My wife and son too are Fiat converts and only thing preventing us from upgrading is no suitable product from Fiat. I wish you miles of happy driving in your Linea. Take good care of her and she will return it back :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3457753)
Thanks devansn!
Sure, at some point I will compare with Dzire. But Linea can't beat Dzire on FE and time spent at the service center :)

I would not like Fiat to provide tin can like sheets on the body and use skinny 175 mm tyres to achieve a better FE. I'm happy with the "tijori on wheel" feel that the Linea provides.

Hi Arun,

I was eagerly waiting for this review from you as I remember that you were in a dilemma to choose between the Fiesta classic and Linea multi-jet.

The 1.3 multijet with the VGT is a very capable machine and can do wonders for you.
I have seen the Ertiga ZDI overtaking my remapped Fiesta Classic with blasting speeds on the Bangalore Mangalore Highway. Just imagine what it can do when remapped. If you have some extra 25 to 30 grands to spend on a remap then get it done and then see how it changes your whole driving experience.
It can reach the peak torque figures of 260 NM, more than that of Rapid and Vento and maximum power of 146 bhp. Anyways, it is still far better in it's stock condition when compared to the 1.4 and 1.5 tdci mills of Ford.
Linea is an excellent blend of style, build quality, features and therefore, value for your money. Enjoy your Linea :thumbs up

Arun, I actually wanted to ask you about the absence of your Linea ownership report and here it is. Very good ownership report :thumbs up. Its very detailed. You have covered almost everything in the report. I'm glad that you went with the pre-facelift one. It looks very clean and elegant. I don't like the looks of the facelift. Wish you many more happy and safe miles with your new acquisition. Have a great time with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkg77 (Post 3457987)
Congratulations arun_josie on your Linea.
Nil depreciation policy can be taken even after 3 years, I recently took nil depreciation for the 4th year for my Punto from Oriental Insurance.

Thanks nkg77!
Regarding the Nil depreciation policy, I didn't know that its available even after 3 years. So, what was the premium for the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 3458025)
Hi arun_josie. Congrats on selecting the Linea. It's always a pleasure to see the number of Fiatian's adding up and enjoying their cars.

Thanks Palio_2005!
Good to come across satisfied customers, especially after experiencing the Fiat close to 1L Kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3458109)
I would not like Fiat to provide tin can like sheets on the body and use skinny 175 mm tyres to achieve a better FE. I'm happy with the "tijori on wheel" feel that the Linea provides.

Dzire ZDI comes with 185, definitely not skinny(Likes of Fiesta, City comes with 175). Build quality can't be compared with Linea but at the same time its not bad as well, this is my opinion after I met with an accident in Dzire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiya.c (Post 3458121)
Hi Arun,

I was eagerly waiting for this review from you as I remember that you were in a dilemma to choose between the Fiesta classic and Linea multi-jet.

If you have some extra 25 to 30 grands to spend on a remap then get it done and then see how it changes your whole driving experience.
Linea is an excellent blend of style, build quality, features and therefore, value for your money. Enjoy your Linea :thumbs up

Thanks amiya.c! Yes, your suggestions/comments in the Fiesta classic thread helped me to take a decision.

At this point I don't have plans for a remap but may be at a later stage

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyfrmblr (Post 3458311)
Arun, I actually wanted to ask you about the absence of your Linea ownership report and here it is. Very good ownership report :thumbs up. Its very detailed. You have covered almost everything in the report. I'm glad that you went with the pre-facelift one. It looks very clean and elegant. I don't like the looks of the facelift. Wish you many more happy and safe miles with your new acquisition. Have a great time with the car.

Thanks Vinay!
I was little busy and hence couldn't come up with the ownership report much earlier. Yes, even I liked the looks of the pre-facelift than the new one

Hey!

Let me congratulate on owning the Italian beauty, Its a wonderful car no doubt, I myself drive a T-Jet purchased in the month of Jan 2014.

I can vouch for the drivability, amazing steering response.

Even I had this issue of front-right suspension which I overlooked a crater on a night drive, got replaced under warranty. Also servicing @ Vecto motors is very good.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3458328)
Thanks nkg77!
Regarding the Nil depreciation policy, I didn't know that its available even after 3 years. So, what was the premium for the same?

Punto Emotion Pack MJD 76Bhp, April 2011
IDV - 4.5 lakhs
NCB - 25%
Premium for 4th year with Nil depreciation - Rs12284
Insurance provider - Oriental Insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raps (Post 3458708)
Hey!

Let me congratulate on owning the Italian beauty, Its a wonderful car no doubt, I myself drive a T-Jet purchased in the month of Jan 2014.

I can vouch for the drivability, amazing steering response.

Even I had this issue of front-right suspension which I overlooked a crater on a night drive, got replaced under warranty. Also servicing @ Vecto motors is very good.

Cheers,

Thanks Raps!
Congratulations on buying a Tjet!clap: Happy Motoring!

Congrats on your purchase and kudos to your rightchoice Arun! I can assure you this machine will take you at least a couple of lakh kilometers without any fuss.
I have been using my Linea MJD emotion pack for 5 years and clocked 1,18,000 kms as of now with no issues at all. Currently it runs with a wolf remap and can put cars from higher segments bite dust. An absolute fun to drive experience. I would really suggest you to get the remap as someone already mentioned. You would get the city manners of your dzire and highway cruising of a linea altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oranger (Post 3459467)
Congrats on your purchase and kudos to your rightchoice Arun! I can assure you this machine will take you at least a couple of lakh kilometers without any fuss.

Thanks Oranger! Nice to hear about your trouble-free experience with Linea. So, whats the output after the remap? And what FE do you get, both in city and on the highways?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3459495)
Thanks Oranger! Nice to hear about your trouble-free experience with Linea. So, whats the output after the remap? And what FE do you get, both in city and on the highways?

I don't have official test figures as such due to unavailability of a dyno for checking the exact values but as per the tuner it is 112 bhp and I bet it is actually more.
As far as economy is concerned, I get around 14 in heavy city driving and 20-21 on occasional highway drives with a heavy foot. Now this is what I got on a 60km stretch over the Mumbai-PUNE highway when driven at a constant speed not exceeding 80kmph.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-uploadfromtaptalk1403242662595.jpg
people won't believe this but this is what I have got. And yes this was after the remap. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oranger (Post 3459467)
I would really suggest you to get the remap as someone already mentioned. You would get the city manners of your dzire and highway cruising of a linea altogether.

Remap should be very good for a Linea than other cars, which can really utilize the wonderful chassis,steering feel, high speed manners etc of the car. Since mine is Verna- remap won't do any good to the car.

By the way, if any Linea owner has experienced Punto & New Fiesta, please compare the ride quality of these cars in city & on highways. New facefilted Fiesta having been launched at a very competitive price seems to be an excellent overall package.

Better late than never! Congratulations on the Linea, arun_josie. As the first person in T-Bhp to spot your car, I can tell you that this one looks charming. I keep spotting your car on your trips towards Nice road/Sherwood high. Wishing you many more happy miles on the Shadowfax :)