Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 14:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD. 30,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Service Bill:

Engine Oil 1947
Oil Filter 411
Filtering Element 410
Fuel Filer 2059
Air Filter 210
Plug 78
Wheel Balancing 394
Wheel Alignment 394
80Gm Wheel Weight 109
I too have a question about the Filtering element and the Plug.
Diesels do not have Spark Plugs, so what is this plug.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:52   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD. 30,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the service bill, what is the filtering element? Is it Cabin air filter (A/C Filter?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I too have a question about the Filtering element and the Plug.
Diesels do not have Spark Plugs, so what is this plug.
Thanks guys for the concern, here is the response from service center,

1.Rs. 410 for Filtering element –A/c Pollen filter (this is scheduled service part)
2.Rs.78 for plugs - this is we called of oil drained nut (plug ), after the oil r/p we use this part, (this is scheduled service part)
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 15:57   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for the concern, here is the response from service center,

1.Rs. 410 for Filtering element –A/c Pollen filter (this is scheduled service part)
2.Rs.78 for plugs - this is we called of oil drained nut (plug ), after the oil r/p we use this part, (this is scheduled service part)

I know that most service centers and official dealer garage will replace the oil plug. Whereas all you have to do is take the copper ring, heat it until its red hot, drop it in water and you can safely re-use it again. The heat treatment ensures the copper ring gets its original elasticity back.

But I guess its easier to replace a plug and charge the customer.
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 22:41   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

17000 mark in 6 months and 10 days.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-17koptimized.jpg

FE comparison(City drive only) between my previous car DZire ZDI(prev gen), Linea MJD. Driving conditions are very similar with close to100% AC ON. FE calculated based on tankful-tankful method.

Blue line - Linea
Red line - Dzire

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-dzire_lineafe.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 11th August 2014 at 23:06.
Old 11th August 2014, 23:17   #95
BANNED

Quote:
17000 mark in 6 months and 10 days.

FE comparison(City drive only) between my previous car DZire ZDI(prev gen), Linea MJD. Driving conditions are very similar with close to 100% AC ON. FE calculated based on tankful-tankful method.
Nice driving there, both distance wise and FE wise.

I can see that the Dzire is around 15 kmpl being mostly consistent whereas the Linea is jumping around and near 14 kmpl average.

Anurag.
Old 12th August 2014, 08:25   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice driving there, both distance wise and FE wise.

I can see that the Dzire is around 15 kmpl being mostly consistent whereas the Linea is jumping around and near 14 kmpl average.

Anurag.
Yes, for linea it was jumping around but I it has kind of settled down after the 15K servicing.

On an average the difference in FE between Dzire and Linea is around 1.5 Kml. The overall average FE for Dzire was 16.45Kml(74K+ Kms). For Linea it currently stands at 15.17Kml
Old 12th August 2014, 08:30   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Y
On an average the difference in FE between Dzire and Linea is around 1.5 Kml. The overall average FE for Dzire was 16.45Kml(74K+ Kms). For Linea it currently stands at 15.17Kml
For the city it is very random. Unless and until your timings are regular its very difficult to get a consistent as that timings will equate a similar city driving condition.

And of course thats a lot of driving! I would suggest get a good leather upholstery (like Karlsson) if you have not gone for it. Very useful for long runs.
Old 12th August 2014, 09:24   #98
BHPian

Great driving arun. Are your office trips contributing a lot to this? Or is it primarily weekend/out-station?
In the tank-full to tank-full method, do you fill up immediately when you get to reserve? I am trying to get a proper and a near-accurate method of calculating my car's efficiency.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 09:49   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For the city it is very random. Unless and until your timings are regular its very difficult to get a consistent as that timings will equate a similar city driving condition.

And of course thats a lot of driving! I would suggest get a good leather upholstery (like Karlsson) if you have not gone for it. Very useful for long runs.
Ampere, the Linea emotion comes with the leather seats as standard. However, it does not scale up to the Stanley or Karlsson quality for sure. Initially I thought of replacing the leather seats with Karlsson, but then held it back to let the current one wear out and then upgrade after 3-4 years, but the OEM ones are holding up quite ok for now. The leather upholstry upgrade will infuse a bit of freshness on a old car.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 16:17   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Yes, it may not give the exact difference, but will be close for me since the daily usage, route, timings are almost same.

As mentioned by nkrishnap, it came with manufacturer fitted leather seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Great driving arun. Are your office trips contributing a lot to this? Or is it primarily weekend/out-station?
In the tank-full to tank-full method, do you fill up immediately when you get to reserve? I am trying to get a proper and a near-accurate method of calculating my car's efficiency.
Thanks aneezan.
I would say its a mixture of all. As of now, its 6K+ on the highways and remaining on the city roads. Week day usage is around 30Kms/day.

Fuel tank capacity is 45 liters and most of my full tanks takes in around 30-35 liters. I don't think Fiat has a concept of reserve.
Old 12th August 2014, 16:24   #101
BANNED

Quote:

Fuel tank capacity is 45 liters and most of my full tanks takes in around 30-35 liters. I don't think Fiat has a concept of reserve.
Similar figures are for the tank capacity in my Swift too.

Full tank = 43 L
Avg Fill (till auto cut off) = 31 34 litres.

The left over place could be for expansion and to avoid pressure buildup.

Anurag.
Old 13th August 2014, 13:38   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Similar figures are for the tank capacity in my Swift too.

Full tank = 43 L
Avg Fill (till auto cut off) = 31 34 litres.

The left over place could be for expansion and to avoid pressure buildup.

Anurag.
For me, the first fill after delivery was 40.56 and third fill was 41.42. Both these times the needle on the fuel indicator was almost on the bottom. These days I fill well before the needle enters the 'E' zone, hence the intake is around 35 liters. And after cut off it takes in around 2 liters.

Last edited by arun_josie : 13th August 2014 at 13:44.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:30   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Chennai Trip

Another 1K added to the mileage. Its now 18000 in 197 days.

Chennai Trip:
I had some work in Chennai and hence a quick trip.

Bangalore - Chennai:
Team-bhpian ramzsys came along as I was driving alone and offered a ride in the Bangalore-Chennai route queries thread.

Started at 3:00 AM, reached Guindy by 8:30 AM
Speed maintained 80-100 kmph
Total Kms: 343.5
FE: 22.9(MID)
Avg Speed: 65kmph
Duration: 5 hours and 16 minutes(Excluding break)

Chennai - Bangalore:
The drive back from Chennai was with my family.
Started at 5:30 AM, reached home by 11:15
Speed maintained 90-120 kmph
Total Kms: 343.3
FE: 18.7(MID)
Avg Speed: 62kmph
Duration: 5 hours and 27 minutes(Excluding break)

During the return journey, we took a break at Sai Sangeet for breakfast. Plan was to stop at Arya Bhavan but had to stop early for my kids.

Hence stopped at Sai Sangeet. Its immediately after the Walajapet toll on the left side. There is one more hotel as well just before Sai Sangeet.

- Decent place
- It has a Sweeet shop as well
- Books/Tamil Cds available
- A donut shop opening shortly
- Options for lodging as well.

There are couple of stretches after ranipet, that doesn't deserve toll charges. Thanks to the bigger tires and better suspension which helped a lot to overcome this bad stretch.

Note: I have mentioned only the FE displayed in MID. Full-tank method will be around .25-1.0 less than the MID values.

@ Sai Sangeet

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20140817_074933optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ot1.jpg

Just touched 18K,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-18koptimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ot2.jpg
Old 30th August 2014, 08:44   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chennai Trip

My younger one dropped a CD inside the rear right door pane, through the space next to the glass window. Any ideas on how to take this out?

Also, is it required to service the car/perform general checkup and top-up the oils between 15K and 30K servicing? May be at around 22.5K Kms?
Old 30th August 2014, 10:01   #105
Team-BHP Support

18000km in 6-7 months! Thats some insane driving. There are few guys here whom I know who are in that league. I have you added to that league now! Parag, Dhanush Menon (his Figo) and of course Anurag. Just to understand your driving pattern, does it include one Nagercoil/TVM drive per month? How much is the city driving?

All the best for many more.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks