Team-BHP - Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/151984-unexpected-love-affair-italian-beauty-fiat-linea-mjd-edit-sold-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3503821)
I don't think Fiat has a concept of reserve.

If you see carefully there is a red mark before the "E"; when the pointer reaches there a yellow warning light starts glowing just below the fuel guage. The manual says that it 7ltrs. of fuel is still left in the tank after the low fuel light is displayed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3518511)
18000km in 6-7 months! Thats some insane driving. There are few guys here whom I know who are in that league. I have you added to that league now! Parag, Dhanush Menon (his Figo) and of course Anurag. Just to understand your driving pattern, does it include one Nagercoil/TVM drive per month? How much is the city driving?
All the best for many more. :)

Thanks ampere!
The list mentioned by you are veterans at mile-crunching. So, it will be a while before I join their league.

By the way, I will be hitting the 20K by tomorrow.

My city drive is around 30-40Kms per day. Weekends might be little higher. Here are the highway drives done till now,
- two trips to Coimbatore(One through Mysore, Sathy),
- two trips to Chennai,
- two trips to Nagercoil(including the current one),
- One to Hyderabad
- One to Kolli hills. So, this makes around 8500Kms out of 20K.
- Did two/three Mysore trips as well but we don't consider those as long drives, just extended city-drives:D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3518686)
If you see carefully there is a red mark before the "E"; when the pointer reaches there a yellow warning light starts glowing just below the fuel guage. The manual says that it 7ltrs. of fuel is still left in the tank after the low fuel light is displayed.

Thanks Sommos!
I have noticed the red mark but didn't know about the 7lit thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3518964)
Thanks ampere!
The list mentioned by you are veterans at mile-crunching. So, it will be a while before I join their league.

By the way, I will be hitting the 20K by tomorrow.

My city drive is around 30-40 Kms per day. Weekends might be little higher. Here are the highway drives done till now,
- two trips to Coimbatore(One through Mysore, Sathy),
- two trips to Chennai,
- two trips to Nagercoil(including the current one),
- One to Hyderabad
- One to Kolli hills. So, this makes around 8500Kms out of 20K.
- Did two/three Mysore trips as well but we don't consider those as long drives, just extended city-drives.

Lucky you that you get the time to do outstation trips on the Linea. I hardly get time to sleep and proper holidays. I am yet to do outstation trips on my Swift!

You are justifying the diesel heart underneath. :D

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3519102)
Lucky you that you get the time to do outstation trips on the Linea. I hardly get time to sleep and proper holidays. I am yet to do outstation trips on my Swift!

You are justifying the diesel heart underneath. :D

Anurag.

It's more about finding reasons to drive rather than driving for a reason.lol:

So here goes my 1000th post, 20000kms mark, and completion of 7 month ownership of my Linea today.

Glad to be a part of this wonderful community!

Bangalore - Nagercoil - Coimbatore - Bangalore Trip update:
Routes taken:

Bangalore - Nagercoil, the usual boring 4L
Nagercoil - Coimbatore, took the Dindigul - Ottanchatram - Dharapuram route. From Dindigul it is a 2L State highway and it was real fun to drive on this route. Except for a few diversions and speed breakers, the road condition was excellent with few straight and winding stretches.

Coimbatore - Bangalore, again the usual 4L stuff. God only knows why NHAI decided to put speed beakers on the 4L road around Avinashi. At least 5-6 flyovers have speed beakers on the open 4L stretch.

Total Kms: 1911 (This also includes local runs in Nagercoil, Coimbatore, Nagercoil - Kovilpatti, Nagercoil - Kalliakavillai)
Avg FE: 18.7 (MID), AC 100% ON
Avg Speed: 53
Duration: 35Hrs: 55Mins
Speed: Ranges up to 125

20000 Kms:

Hit the 20K mark in 211 days(7 months).

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20k-optimized.jpg

Some Observation during this trip:

- Fuel inlet door doesn't close some times. Workaround is to pull the fuel lid opener near the driver seat and then push the fuel inlet door and release the fuel lid opener.
- Rear left door locks/unlocks but the latch doesn't react when we locks/unlock using the remote.
- My younger one dropped a CD inside the rear right door pane, through the space next to the glass window couple of weeks back and now this has started giving some rattling noise.
- After turning OFF the AC, if we hit the OFF button again, the AC turns ON. I didn't know about this before.

Overall I am a satisfied owner despite some initial issues.

Here are some pics from this trip(mobile pics),

Arun, Congratulations on the "Senior-BHPian" status and the 20,000km mark.
Keep the miles rolling.
Nice clicks. Kavalkinaru?

Congrats Arun. Lovely pictures on the Linea. Where was it taken?

Lovely pictures and terrific mile munching. I bet you would be finding all sorts of reasons to drive and the how the odometer has climbed proves it.

Happy mile munching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3520592)
Arun, Congratulations on the "Senior-BHPian" status and the 20,000km mark.
Keep the miles rolling.
Nice clicks. Kavalkinaru?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3520594)
Congrats Arun. Lovely pictures on the Linea. Where was it taken?

Thanks Aneez and Ampere!
This was on the Nagercoil town bypass, towards trivandrum.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-nagercoil-byepass.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3520607)
Lovely pictures and terrific mile munching. I bet you would be finding all sorts of reasons to drive and the how the odometer has climbed proves it.

Exactly :D

Quote:

Happy mile munching.
Thanks Krishna!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3520436)
So here goes my 1000th post, 20000kms mark, and completion of 7 month ownership of my Linea today.

Arun, congratulations on the milestones. 20K in 7 months and counting. Great going! I can see that you are converting every opportunity to drive, into a long drive :)
We will plan for a meet sometime for a longer duration unlike last time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 3521470)
Arun, congratulations on the milestones. 20K in 7 months and counting. Great going! I can see that you are converting every opportunity to drive, into a long drive :)
We will plan for a meet sometime for a longer duration unlike last time.

Thanks Sudeep! Sure, may be we can plan for a meet + a quick drive.

20000 in 7 months? Nice. :D

I had completed 30k in a year, but I guess you would cross that mark by a huge margin. Beautiful pics there from the nagercoil trivandrum by-pass?

How is the condition of this by-pass road? I have never used the by-pass during my Trivandrum trips and always end up inside the city. Noticed the by-pass during my last trip only, but since it was early morning - decided against trying out any new roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3521632)
20000 in 7 months? Nice. :D

I had completed 30k in a year, but I guess you would cross that mark by a huge margin.

I may not be able to sustain the same pace but still I think I will cross the 30K mark before 1year :)

Quote:

Beautiful pics there from the nagercoil trivandrum by-pass?
Yes, the pics are from the Nagercoil-Trivandrum bypass.

Quote:

How is the condition of this by-pass road? I have never used the by-pass during my Trivandrum trips and always end up inside the city. Noticed the by-pass during my last trip only, but since it was early morning - decided against trying out any new roads.
During day time, I will take this route without any second thoughts.

Here is my update in the Bangalore-Trivandrum thread
Quote:

- You will have to turn right from the Aralvaimozhi junction and join back near kaliankadu junction on the Nagercoil - Trivandrum highway.
- Its around 21Kms of distance
- Scenic route
- First 16Kms are good/excellent and then it becomes average to bad.
- Very less traffic
- It takes around 25 minutes

Considering the current condition of Aralvaimozhi - Nagercoil stretch, I will take this bypass without any hesitation. But not after dark.
Few pics from my dash cam,

Congrats buddy on the 20K mark.

Please do update the thread with the fuel log etc.

Mine needs updation too. :D

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3520717)
Thanks Aneez and Ampere!
This was on the Nagercoil town bypass, towards trivandrum.

Attachment 1281987

Exactly :D

Thanks Krishna!

Arun, I seriously doubt I will use that route. Picking that will take me to the the other side of town, when I actually want to go to Kottar.
Heck, now I am in two minds. stupid: