Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:36   #436
Team-BHP Support

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Congratulations. But you got a long way to catch me.
I just crossed 200,000 km on my linea.
Wow! Congrats.

Where were you hiding all this while?

Just realized i missed your thread with the 1.91L update. Please update the thread regularly - very few cars on the forum cross such big milestones.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:36   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just crossed 200,000 km on my linea.
Wow! Congratulations . It's always nice to see such big numbers.
Yes, if possible keep you ownership thread updated with the latest details.

Quote:
Congratulations. But you got a long way to catch me.
Thank you. Of course, you are way ahead
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 11:45   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Manimuthar Falls (Tirunelveli District - South Tamil Nadu)

Manimuthar Falls (Tirunelveli District - South Tamil Nadu):

This is around 100Kms from Nagercoil and its been a long time since we visited this place. Initial plan was Courtallam but as it was a weekend, we expected it to be crowded. So, we decided to check Manimuthar falls. However, it was crowded here as well.

This falls originates on the eastern slopes of Western Ghats and flows in to Tambaraparani River.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.jpg

From Panagudi we took the route via kalakad instead of continuing on the 4L. This is a nice scenic route and for some reason google maps was not suggesting this route. Thankfully the roads are in good condition and very refreshing from the boring 4L stretch.

Some pics on the Kalakad route

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k3a.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k4.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-k5.jpg

Last 5 Kms before the water-falls is in a bad shape. Its little narrow too.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r4.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r4a.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r5.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-r6.jpg

And here is the water-falls. It was crowded for the amount of water falling-in. We spend some good time here.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-f1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-f2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-f3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-f4.jpg

It rained nicely during our return journey

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180526_133528334.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 29th May 2018 at 11:57.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 11:52   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Manimuthar Falls (Tirunelveli District - South Tamil Nadu)

At some random location during our return.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c3.jpg

This was near the Manimuthar dam

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c1.jpg

Overall trip distance from Bangalore came close to 2K Kms. Bangalore - Chennai - Nagercoil - Bangalore, and the short drive to Manimuthar falls.

Total Distance: 1971 Kms
Fuel Efficiency: 18.7 Kmpl
Avg Speed: 60
Trip Duration: 32H:37M

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-trip-details.jpg

ODO @ 164229

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo.jpg

Remote Key Issue:

Remote key is not working anymore and I think its time to replace it. Replacing the battery may solve the issue but the key fob itself is in a battered condition as I am not able to press the lock button. For now, I am managing with the manual lock.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-key.jpg

And two weeks back I had replaced the high beam bulbs, Osram Night Breaker Unlimited.

Otherwise, all fine for now. Car needs a nice water wash though.

Last edited by arun_josie : 29th May 2018 at 12:12.
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 12:32   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
And two weeks back I had replaced the high beam bulbs, Osram Night Breaker Unlimited.
How effective is the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited on unlit highways?
Old 29th May 2018, 12:37   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Remote Key Issue:

Remote key is not working anymore and I think its time to replace it. Replacing the battery may solve the issue but the key fob itself is in a battered condition as I am not able to press the lock button. For now, I am managing with the manual lock.
By looks of it, the button(rubber) appears too soft now that some of them are hardly able to make contact and provide necessary pressure to the actual button that is on the circuit board below.

As discussed, please open the key-fob, try pressing all the buttons directly by accessing them on the circuit board and see if they respond well. If they do, you know you only need to replace the outer buttons.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 13:00   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As discussed, please open the key-fob, try pressing all the buttons directly by accessing them on the circuit board and see if they respond well. If they do, you know you only need to replace the outer buttons.

Considering the cost of new key ~5k, it is worth a try.

PS : I haven't used their services, so cant comment on the quality or fitment of the replacement pads.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 29th May 2018 at 13:02.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 13:04   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post

PS : I haven't used their services, so cant comment on the quality or fitment of the replacement pads.
I had an hour before shared the same video with Arun on Whatsapp and asked him to try this out to isolate the issue .

Last edited by navin : 29th May 2018 at 16:19. Reason: typo
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 16:25   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
How effective is the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited on unlit highways?
It's definitely better than stock bulbs with better throw and brightness. When it rains, its not so great but manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sure Parag I will try this first and let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Yes, I agree, 5K is on the higher side .
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 22:47   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the Remote Key issue:

Update on the Remote Key Issue:

Replacing the battery didn't help to resolve the issue. So, as discussed earlier, I opened the Key Cover/Shell to check the condition of the buttons inside. These buttons are on top of a circuit board and the rubber bush above them were not in a good condition. Also, one of them was stuck. After pressing couple of times, I was able to bring back the movement on these buttons.

Now, after fitting back, the remote key has started working. This might work for a few more months.

These are the two buttons that shows wear and tear.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-whatsapp-image-20180609-5.59.19-pm.jpeg.jpg

Totally dis-assembled
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-whatsapp-image-20180609-5.59.19e-pm.jpeg

The screw to open is under this Fiat logo and this was glued. So, opening this was a bit tough.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-whatsapp-imagex-20180609-5.59.19-pm.jpeg

This youtube video helped as well to open this cover

After a much needed water wash.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180609_163640105.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:18   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Update on the Remote Key issue:

Quote:
Update on the Remote Key Issue:
Now, after fitting back, the remote key has started working. This might work for a few more months.
I am contemplating replacing the keys with a new set. Knowing the technical prowess of FASS, I am worried they will screw up the integration of the new key with the ECU. I need to do this surgery on the key to see if it works.

Else anyways I have budgeted for a new key, will replace if the surgery fails.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 21:58   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Update on the Remote Key issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am contemplating replacing the keys with a new set. Knowing the technical prowess of FASS, I am worried they will screw up the integration of the new key with the ECU. I need to do this surgery on the key to see if it works.

Else anyways I have budgeted for a new key, will replace if the surgery fails.
Surgery . Even I would have replaced it if the surgery had flopped. After being used to the comfort of automatic lock its a pain to depend just on the manual lock.
Old 26th June 2018, 09:30   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

1,65,000 Kms

1,65,000 Kms:

800+ Kms of city drive during the last one month and my Linea has slowly crossed the 1,65,000 Kms mark

Also, I realized that some time in June I have crossed the 3,00,000 Kms milestone on the cars owned by me. Currently @ 3,00,508 Kms.

WagonR(61,015 Kms)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-dsc07288.jpg

Dzire(74,493 Kms)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-dscn0965.jpg

And Linea at 1,65,000 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180624_114726598.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 26th June 2018 at 09:33.
arun_josie is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 12:57   #449
BHPian

Dear Arun,

Congratulations on touching the 165k mark on your Linea. It gives me confidence that my Linea too will serve me so long if maintained well. Mine is at 25k now in 1.75 years of ownership averaging 15k every year.

The fact that you mention your car's odo figures till the units place tells how passionate you are about your cars.

Drive safe and happy motoring.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 00:54   #450
Senior - BHPian

My Punto as good as new even after 7years. Some new parts installed during the service at 165k although they were not needed and on inspection were found to be in excellent condition. New water pump and Turbo(really cheap at 11k).
Attached Thumbnails
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_4183.jpg  

Randhawa is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed