Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 19:38   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Dear Arun,

Congratulations on touching the 165k mark on your Linea.
Thank you very much for your kind words!

Quote:
It gives me confidence that my Linea too will serve me so long if maintained well. Mine is at 25k now in 1.75 years of ownership averaging 15k every year.

The fact that you mention your car's odo figures till the units place tells how passionate you are about your cars.

Drive safe and happy motoring.
Of course, any well maintained car will serve you long. At 15K Kms per year, you can easily hold it for 10+ years .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
My Punto as good as new even after 7years.
Congratulations Randhawa! Its always nice to see such big numbers on the ODO.

Quote:
Some new parts installed during the service at 165k although they were not needed and on inspection were found to be in excellent condition. New water pump and Turbo(really cheap at 11k).
I have water pump in my list for replacement as it is still the stock one. Is this the first time you are replacing the water pump?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 23:51   #452
BHPian

Thank you for the kind words.

Just today check engine light popped up on the MID of my Linea. I was wading through rain waters in Mumbai and suddenly the light came up. I saw a Ritz and a i10 Grand in front of me going ahead so i took a chance. I don't find anything abnormal in terms of pick up or sound or starting issues. I let the car rest for 8 hours but the check engine light still shows. I thought it could be some sensor that came in contact with water. I must admit the water levels were not so low. I'll check tomorrow morning again. I hope it disappears. Anything that you can think of regarding this from your experience or any inputs you can provide?

Thanks

Last edited by bharatbits : 10th July 2018 at 23:52.
Old 11th July 2018, 10:41   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have water pump in my list for replacement as it is still the stock one. Is this the first time you are replacing the water pump?
Yes it was the first time I changed it but it wasn't required. Next thing to check will be the thermostat but this time I won't replace it if not required.
Old 16th July 2018, 12:28   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Some sound when AC is turned ON:

Any idea on what this rattling sound could be(Please check the below video)? Its only when the AC is turned ON and doesn't come always. At times the sound is little loud as in the below video, but at times its very mild and some times there is no noise at all. I am yet to find a trend to this.

Quote:

Just today check engine light popped up on the MID of my Linea.
Thanks
I hope this issue is resolved now.
Old 16th July 2018, 12:33   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on what this rattling sound could be(Please check the below video)? Its only when the AC is turned ON and doesn't come always. At times the sound is little loud as in the below video, but at times its very mild and some times there is no noise at all. I am yet to find a trend to this.
Suspect it is from the blower fan that may be brushing against something as simple was a piece of paper!

Does the tempo of this sound increase as you increase fan speed? Does this come with only the blower on?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 12:46   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Suspect it is from the blower fan that may be brushing against something as simple was a piece of paper!
Not sure if my younger son has put something inside.

Quote:
Does the tempo of this sound increase as you increase fan speed? Does this come with only the blower on?
I think it doesn't increase, but I will test this once and update.
Old 16th July 2018, 19:32   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if my younger son has put something inside.
Dried rat droppings could be flying around whenever the fan is on. If the blower in Linea is as easily accessible as it is in Marutis, just use a vacuum cleaner to suck them out. That would, in all probability, solve the problem
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 22:43   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

AC sound issue and Fuel Efficiency in Bumper-to-Bumper traffic.

Quote:
Some sound when AC is turned ON:

Took the car to Vecto to fix this issue, initially this sound/noise refused to show-up. After multiple attempts of idling and driving for few meters back-to-back, the sound started appearing. This issue happened only when the car was idling.

Now, the technician opened the bonnet and found that this could be due to the pipe from AC cooling coil. This pipe was touching the one next to it. So, they have put a packing in between and have asked me to monitor for this issue. Its 2 days now and all is fine so far.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180719_102622948.jpg

Fuel Efficiency in Bumper-to-Bumper traffic.

Since June, my drive was all within the city and especially it was on the bannerghatta road and roads around it. Only some 20 Kms was on the NICE road. So, its like 100% on city roads and the Metro construction on the bannerghatta road didn't help as well.

Here are the numbers,

Total Distance: 1207.5 Kms
Average Speed: 16 Kmph
Fuel Consumed: 94.63L
Fuel Efficiency: 12.76 Kmpl
Fuel Efficiency(MID): 12.90 Kmpl

The ODO has crossed 1,66,000 Kms .
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 23:54   #459
Senior - BHPian

Those two pipes are evaporator (heater) core pipes and not AC pipes. Regarding the noise in your video, just get the blower motor removed and use compressed air to clean it.
Randhawa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 21:20   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Those two pipes are evaporator (heater) core pipes and not AC pipes. Regarding the noise in your video, just get the blower motor removed and use compressed air to clean it.
Ok. Maybe I mistook on what the technician told. At this is point it looks like the issue is resolved. I will keep a note on your point as well.
Old 26th July 2018, 14:07   #461
BHPian

Quote:

Just today check engine light popped up on the MID of my Linea. I was wading through rain waters in Mumbai and suddenly the light came up. I saw a Ritz and a i10 Grand in front of me going ahead so i took a chance. I don't find anything abnormal in terms of pick up or sound or starting issues. I let the car rest for 8 hours but the check engine light still shows. I thought it could be some sensor that came in contact with water. I must admit the water levels were not so low. I'll check tomorrow morning again. I hope it disappears. Anything that you can think of regarding this from your experience or any inputs you can provide?

Thanks
Did you figure out the cause of the check engine light? Today morning, the same thing happened to my linea, I was wading through rainwater (Not very deep) and the check engine light popped up within a few seconds. there is No other abnormality except the light. I have driven about 40kms after that and the light is still on.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 17:53   #462
Senior - BHPian

There is a harness connector in front which when gets drenched in water will through up the check engine light. I don't know if it was placed purposely there as by design but it has a very unique benefit. If you get in too much water then it somehow shuts all electrics in the car and won't let you crank it.

You can access it by removing the front bumper and its on the front LHS(passenger side).
Randhawa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 18:31   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Did you figure out the cause of the check engine light?

I think there's nothing to worry since everything else is normal. In my case it took almost 3 days after which the CEL vanished.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 18:33   #464
BHPian

Quote:
I think there's nothing to worry since everything else is normal. In my case, it took almost 3 days after which the CEL vanished.
Thanks. I hope it goes off soon. today is the second day for me and it is still on.
Old 1st August 2018, 11:50   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Monsoon Drive 2018 - MH

Another awesome Monsoon drive with friends to MH and it was super fun. This is in fact my 4th drive with this gang and all these drives have been to explore the green carpet on the Western Ghats of MH.

As usual there was no shortage of rains, some nice 4L roads, narrow 2L roads, curvy roads, ghat roads, bad roads and some drive over slushy roads too. Overall it was close to 2K Kms of bliss.

The route taken during this drive was Bangalore - Pune - Pawna - Mulshi - Tahmini Ghat - Mangaon Mahad Varandha Ghat - Wai - Satara - Kolhapur - Bangalore.

Here are few pics,

Perfect monsoon backdrop for all the cars
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1.jpg

The line-up
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2_.jpg

Foggy start to the day
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5_img_20180728_091142298.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-6_img_20180728_093005568.jpg

Some real bad roads
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-7_img_20180728_091541057.jpg

Beautiful Western ghats - Green all around
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-8_img_20180728_120857486_hdr.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-9_img_20180728_121435146_hdr.jpg

Beautiful scenic view
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-11_img_20180728_132235978_hdr.jpg

Nice picturesque location on the way
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-13_img_20180728_154124906_hdr.jpg

The motor heads. You will see some known faces from team-bhp too

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-17_img20180728wa0076.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-18_img20180730wa0023.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-19_img20180730wa0024.jpg

Linea with Mr. Reliable
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20_17_img_20180728_121911969_hdr.jpg

After some drive on slushy roads.
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-20a.jpg

Green carpet welcomes the beauty
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-21_img20180729wa0202.jpg

At the end of the drive @ NICE road
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-22_img_20180729_144536186.jpg

Well deserved shower
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180730_105211190.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20180730wa0033.jpg

And some numbers,

Total Kms: 1980.6 Kms
Fuel Efficiency: 18.6 Kmpl
Average Speed: 66 Kmph
Total Duration: 29H:57M

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-drive-details.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks