Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:44   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1,70,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
This reminds me, I need to update my thread... Lots to add since a while now. Great to see the car doing so good. I think a big part of this is due to your good attention to detail and preventive maintenance.

This weekend was fun for me as well. Finally stretched Abarth's legs on a nice trip to Nashik. Also crossed the 45k mark somewhere on the way (no where close to yours but hey, one can always try to catchup) .
Yes, I am doing the servicing every 8K-10K Kms instead of the 15K Kms service interval and this helps.

Congratulations on completing the 45K Kms mark. You are welcome to catch-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Forget it. Believe me, I tried!

The moment you feel good about catching up with a long trip - Arun would have completed two supermarket runs across three states and back.
June was dull, July was lit with Monsoon Drive and August with the Supermarket drive. I hope this has helped to build the gap.
arun_josie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 19:00   #482
BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Hi Arun,

I am so happy after reading your review and the journey you have made there.

I am sorry if I have hijacked the post. The only FIAT I drove was a Punto (Petrol). I had a CIVIC 1.8 VT and sold it a month ago for some inevitable reasons after clocking 40k in a year.

Now, my friend is a newbie and wants to learn(or perfectize) her driving. So, she's in search of a used car. Since I too need a car, I thought I'd suggest her buy this
https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=1&isP=false car after much R&D. So, that she can learn and I can use when ever I need it. A petrol engine would suffice the KMs I'd munch on this car.

If you or any other fellow BHPians can give me insights, it'd be great.

@Admins, I am sorry if this is irrelevant here.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:22   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
Hi Arun,

I am so happy after reading your review and the journey you have made there.

Now, my friend is a newbie and wants to learn(or perfectize) her driving. So, she's in search of a used car. Since I too need a car, I thought I'd suggest her buy this

Thank you, sangam_mm93

Regarding T-jet, this seems like a purchase for you than your friend. Anyways, better post this in Tjet thread as there are active T-jet owners, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ve-review.html (Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review).

Check out for the maintenance cost and spare parts availability as well. I think its costlier than MJD to maintain.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 12:43   #484
BHPian

Thanks a lot Arun. I read the thread and now lot more chaos in my mind. LOL

I will be doing a couple of TDs this weekend. Hope for the best.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 19:39   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

1,75,000 Kms Update

ODO has crossed 1,75,000 Kms . Also, its now 1 lakh Kms more than my previous car.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-175000.jpg

During a recent drive around Sakleshpur on some nice curvy roads.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-whatsapp-image-20181005-2.47.24-pm.jpeg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-whatsapp-image-20181005-2.47.23-pm.jpeg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-17883860_10158505591425721_4730033535097978460_n.jpg

Quote:
You need rain repellant coating for that windshield. Proklear Nano Water repellant coating was cheap, effective and a simple DIY - but seems to be out of the stock in Amazon.
Sure, I will check this one. I thought about this some time back but then I decided to try this along with wiper change.
arun_josie is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 15:53   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive to Nandi Hills and ODO @ 1,77,177 Kms

Finally a drive to Nandi Hills:

Despite this being very close to bangalore, I never planned for a drive here. This was probably because of the maddening traffic during weekends.

So, having the early morning traffic in mind, we started late and reached the hills by 11:00 AM. Not much of an issue till we reached the top. However it took some time before we got space for parking.

I have driven to many hill stations but something that seemed very strange here was many drivers were struggling on these inclines. It was little scary on the inclines as I was worried about the car in front backing up into me. Here are few incidents,

A Ecosport stopped in the middle of an incline.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-s3.jpg

A Swift was struggling a lot and I am sure that he would have burnt his clutch completely. At one point, one of the passenger got out and pushed the car

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-s1.jpg

While coming down, a Dzire (L board) got stopped on middle of an incline and a local driver helped to take the car up. This car blocked the traffic bothways.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-s2.jpg

View from the top

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20181020_113605904.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20181020_114614120.jpg

Italian beauty
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c1.jpg

Overall, it was a decent experience.

ODO crossed 1,77,000 Kms. Here is a click at 177,177 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-177177.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 21st October 2018 at 16:08.
arun_josie is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 18:26   #487
Team-BHP Support

Re: Drive to Nandi Hills and ODO @ 1,77,177 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have driven to many hill stations but something that seemed very strange here was many drivers were struggling on these inclines. It was little scary on the inclines as I was worried about the car in front backing up into me.
What do you do if you're in Bangalore and just learned to drive a new car / bike? Well, take the family out to Nandi hills ofcourse.

Even i forget the last time i went up there - not sure if i ever will again, except if i take up cycling.
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:47   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Drive to Nandi Hills and ODO @ 1,77,177 Kms

Quote:
Even i forget the last time i went up there - not sure if i ever will again, except if i take up cycling.

Car, Bike or Cycle, I think weekday would be better than weekend or a holiday.
Old 25th October 2018, 09:09   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Brake Pad Replacement (6th Set)

Brake Pad Replacement (6th Set):

The current set has run for 36,250 Kms. No noise as such, but I felt that its coming to end of its life and didn't want to wait for the next service schedule. So, I got it replaced and on to the 6th set now.

Since the brake disc was replaced last time, I thought the brake pad life may increase but there was no difference.

Total damages to the pocket: 4303/-

Here is the usage details of the brake pads so far,

1st Set - 27434 Kms
2nd Set - 39577 Kms
3rd Set - 37702 Kms
4th Set - 36263 Kms
5th Set - 36250 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20181023_113608323.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20181023_113908823.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20181023_113116897.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 14:42   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Shettihalli Drive - November 2018

Another drive to Shettihalli two days back. Now you can enter the church ruins as the water level has receded. It is kind of off-roading if you want to go till the church as at couple of places the path is very uneven and muddy.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-c2.jpg

Overall trip details

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-s.jpg

And a drive to Markonahalli dam along with bhpian nkrishnap. We didn't go near the water body as it had rained heavily the previous day.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-m1.jpg

Replaced the Chrome strip on the rear bumper (both sides).

Two weeks back, an auto hit the rear bumper and the chrome strip on the right side cracked. Later it fell-off somewhere. And the right side one had some damages too. So, got both of them replaced. After discounts, paid Rs. 2057/- for the both the strips .

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ch1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ch2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-ch3.jpg

ODO @ 1,78,000 Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-178000.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 18:28   #491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shettihalli Drive - November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Replaced the Chrome strip on the rear bumper (both sides).

Two weeks back, an auto hit the rear bumper and the chrome strip on the right side cracked. Later it fell-off somewhere. And the right side one had some damages too. So, got both of them replaced. After discounts, paid Rs. 2057/- for the both the strips .
Wow, you are munching miles like crazy, I have also joined the club so hope to munch miles on this beautiful car. I am more than 1 lakh kms behind you

By the way, did you procure the strips from Fiat?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 21:24   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shettihalli Drive - November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow, you are munching miles like crazy, I have also joined the club so hope to munch miles on this beautiful car. I am more than 1 lakh kms behind you
Welcome to the club and happy motoring, motomaverick.

Repeat your Leh/Ladakh drive, it will quickly take you in to 6 figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

By the way, did you procure the strips from Fiat?

Yes, Vecto Motors had it in stock.
Old 5th November 2018, 21:37   #493
Team-BHP Support

How is their billing these days? Vecto?

Still add unnecessary items to the bill amount?
Old 6th November 2018, 08:22   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is their billing these days? Vecto?

Still add unnecessary items to the bill amount?

During scheduled service, you still have to keep an eye for those extras. If you question, then they don't hesitate to remove. For parts replacements, its pretty straightforward.
Old 8th November 2018, 04:46   #495
BHPian

Wow. Really interesting thread. You are munching miles like crazy. That is the most i have seen someone drive. Shows your love and passion to driving and travel.

Also thread is so wonderfully written. This is second thread that i got addicted to after the VW Polo thread by Gannu. Now i am starting to go through all your travelogues.
twin_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks