Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2019, 20:00   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Final moments

The moment when the car was handed over to PPS Motors. It was a bitter-sweet moment to hand-over the keys after having a lovely relationship with this machine.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190330_121246404.jpg

Spotted two weeks back @PPS Motors just before the car was handed over to the new owner.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190429_094106560.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190429_094141749_hdr.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (35) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 20:19   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

The parting thoughts

The parting thoughts:

All good things come to an end. So did my Linea ownership. It was a fantastic experience all through the 1,90,623 Kms (5years and two months).

The car performed flawlessly throughout, especially during the two cross-country drives covering around 8K Kms each. Apart from this, it includes few monsoon drives and umpteen short drives for breakfast/lunch/dinner and what not. Never did it fall short of our expectations. Nor a single break down during this ownership. It was taken proper care of and it took care of us in return.

Overall, we covered 17 States/UTs in this car. Interestingly, we missed the 18th which is just 5 hours away, Pondicherry.

States Linea/UTs has traveled to,
  1. Andhra Pradesh
  2. Chandigarh
  3. Delhi
  4. Goa
  5. Gujarat
  6. Haryana
  7. Himachal Pradesh
  8. Karnataka
  9. Kerala
  10. Madhya pradesh
  11. Maharashtra
  12. Punjab
  13. Rajasthan
  14. Tamil Nadu
  15. Telangana
  16. Uttar pradesh
  17. Uttarakhand
Sharing some memorable pictures along this journey

During the delivery
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_6779optimized.jpg

The cross-country drive - Uttarakhand
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_1.jpg

The cross-country drive - Himachal Pradesh
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_2.jpg

After crazy monsoon drives..

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_3.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_4.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_5.jpg

Shettihalli drives
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_6.jpg

Random clicks
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_7.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_8.jpg

On the beaches

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-collages.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 12th May 2019 at 08:21.
arun_josie is online now   (44) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 20:25   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The parting thoughts

Monsoon Drives - Its always fun with challenging terrain and an awesome gang!
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_10.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_11.jpg

Breakfast Drives - We just need a reason to drive
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_12.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_13.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_14.jpg

Lunch/Dinner Drives
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_15.jpg

200 Kms group drive to service the car
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_16.jpg

The man and the machine

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-a_17.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 12th May 2019 at 07:58.
arun_josie is online now   (44) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 20:43   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Final Numbers

Some number crunching:

After the sale, when I calculated the overall expense / KM, it came to Rs. 8.92. (This after deducting the car resale value of 3.3L)

Here are the per KM expense details

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-d1.jpg

Highest Kms done in a day

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-d2drive.jpg

Fuel efficiency numbers

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-d2fe.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-d2fe2.jpg

Fuel efficiency graphs
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe_ftm.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe_mid.jpg

Fuel price during the Ownership
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe-history.jpg

Days taken to cover every 10K Kms
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-e10k.jpg

Kms covered YoY
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kmsyoy.jpg

ODO Share
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo.jpg

And the final number on the ODO
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20190330_115053588.jpg

Servicing History:

There were few niggles initially but thanks to the fantastic support from Fiat, they were attended promptly.

All the services were done at FASS. Most of them at Vecto Motors, Bangalore and 3 services were done at True Sai, Salem. I don’t have any complaints against these guys, they were always prompt in resolving the issues. Also, all the claims under warranty and extended warranty were smooth without any issues.

Wear and tear parts replaced apart from the regular consumables,

1. Front brake pads (@27,434 Kms , @67,011 Kms , @1,04,713 Kms, @1,40,976 Kms and 1,77,226 Kms

2. Front brake disc replaced at 1,40,976 Kms

3. All tyres were replaced to Michelin 3ST @ 35,582 Kms and then @1,10,413 Kms (this set had cross 80K Kms during the sale)

4. Timing Chain replaced @ 59436 Kms and 1,11,913 Kms

5. Clutch Assembly replaced @ 1,11,913 Kms

6. Front Shock Absorber @ 1,07,350 Kms

7. Wiper @ 59436 Kms @ 1,27,311 Kms

8. Coolant Hose @ 1,51,005 Kms

9. Rear Suspension Wick @ 1,53,439 Kms

10. C-Mount @1,69,448 Kms

11. Elastic Pad Front LH @1,69,448 Kms (Later replaced under parts warranty @1,84,893)

12. Elastic Pad Front RH @1,84,893 Kms

Note: Oil, Oil filter, AC filter and air filters were replaced 21 times . As per Fiat schedule, it is only every 15K Kms.

Parts replaced under Extended Warranty (1,00,000 to 1,50,000 Kms):

1. Glow Plug (2),
2. Alternator
3. Elastic Pad (Front LH and RH)
4. Lower Arm(LH and RH)

Parts replaces due to minor incidents:

1. Tail Lamp Replacement (hit by an Auto from behind)
2. Rear Bumper Chrome Replacement

Parts replaced under warranty:

You can refer to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4137793

Service Details
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-sh1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-sh2.jpg

Here ends the story of my Linea. See you all soon over at my Jeep Compass ownership thread.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kanyakumari.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 11th May 2019 at 21:27.
arun_josie is online now   (112) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 08:07   #545
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

Moved your 4 farewell posts from the Assembly Line to your ownership thread. Thanks for sharing!

What an emotional farewell to your companion of 2 lakh km! A fitting goodbye to a dependable friend. And if I may say so, your farewell is as long as the full car reviews of other websites . This might also be the only time that a farewell post will be making it to our homepage (adding to "hot threads" shortly).

This dedication & attention-to-detail probably explains why your Linea looked so good, even with 2 lakh km on the clock. I think the car was as lucky to have you as vice versa!

Goodbye Linea, hello Compass . Looking forward to your detailed ownership report.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2019 at 08:09.
GTO is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:50   #546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Final Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here ends the story of my Linea. See you all soon over at my Jeep Compass ownership thread.
Thats a very fitting farewell to the Linea. She's been with you for a long time and I'm sure you have made tons of memories with her. Yes, farewells like these are hard for us, but we have to move on and make new memories.

That aside, I'm pretty certain even Fiat won't have documented a car as you have done in your ownership report over the years.
blackwasp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 10:01   #547
BANNED

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

What a wonderful journey of two lakh kms. A good sturdy machine the Fiat has proved to be.
The service costs too have been very reasonable for a sedan. Even the clutch and timing belt changes were inexpensive.
Wishing you a great journey on the new steed
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 10:42   #548
BHPian

I am amazed by your dedication to the data collection & retention!

Linea is a wonderful car and am quite sad that the way FIAT was perceived in India.

Also, it comes out after resale, the cost of owning a Linea is more or less same as using an OLA Micro and with added flexibility of use and ownership satisfaction.
saikarthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 11:13   #549
BHPian

Wow, that was quite a ride! Your attention to detail is reflected in the way you've maintained the Linea. The next owner is really lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
The Sun sets over the journey with the Linea and a new course is charted with the "Compass"

Your story is probably showing the way current Fiat enthusiasts are taking or going to take. We wish you a wonderful experience with the new ride.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 11:50   #550
Senior - BHPian

You have summed up the Ownership beautifully. Off the 20+ cars I have owned in the past, my best drive was with the Linea. Moved on to many other cars and including a 90HP which didnt give me as much joy. Some how I felt the Linea, a sedan to be more rock solid than a Punto, a hatch.

I am sure Jeep is a great upgrade and your heart will be content.
funkykar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 12:53   #551

Hats off to you Sir.

Definitely an Emotional farewell. Even the car is so lucky to have a owner like you. The quote "Live to Drive" suits you perfectly.

Looking forward to see your posts of Jeep compass..
skishorenaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:54   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Jeep Compass. All good things come to an end and so did the time with the Linea.

Enjoy the bigger multi-jet engine with similar or better mile munching.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 17:01   #553
BHPian

Congrats on your new car purchase. Now you just dont have to care for the potholes or speed breakers.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:07   #554
BHPian

Have always been a silent spectator of your Ownership thread and even i feel sad reading your farewell post. But I absolutely can't praise you enough for the way you have documented each and every bit of it and the manner you have taken care of your ride. I take so much inspiration and lessons from threads like yours to overcome my negligence and laziness. I think any vehicle coming to your hands would be lucky so wishing you the best of days ahead with your new ride!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:18   #555
BHPian

Impressed! The amount of detail and history shared is mind blowing. I had very similar feelings when I parted with my Punto in 2018. "A Fiat is a Fiat" and I still miss the emotional connect I had with my car. That said you topped up with an even better experience...Compass is a wonderful beast and looking forward to the next story! Congratulations again!
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed