Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 17:18   #16
J.Ravi

Re: Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report

Congratulations and best wishes, mpksuhas. I wish you and your Cheetah infinite miles with smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
While checking the vehicle noticed that along with VIN there is a date stamp on ORVM.
Many parts like tool box cover, sun visor, etc. carry the tag with date and vendor's name from which date of manufacture could be checked.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-5.jpg

Old 30th July 2014, 17:42   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I was under a impression you have opted for W6,
Thanks.
Yes I made out about the W6/ W8 confusion from your post in official review thread.
While I was deciding the variant, I felt W4 was VFM than most sedans / crossovers in that range. Only thing is if you compare it with W6/W8 then it looks like skimped of features.
I almost booked W6, since W8 was over my budget and I was not keen on many of the fancy features (alloy, leather seats etc.). The only reason I stretched my budget was for ESP. I drive my uncle Scorpio once in a while and I am not that much a fan of its high speed stablity, that was the reason I was bit keen on ESP.

However should say that XUV handling is leagues ahead and I have not noticed ESP activated (it gives a notification in dash) even when I tried throwing the vehicle around corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Many parts like tool box cover, sun visor, etc. carry the tag with date and vendor's name from which date of manufacture could be checked.
Thanks, your ownership thread along with others were very helpful in vehicle finalizing process.

Yes, however what I was saying was the ORVM tag had vehicle VIN also, so I guess it will have to be put after ORVM assembly. That made me guess it may be the time it rolled off the assembly lane.

However current XUV owners are not lucky enough to have your name pasted from factory.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 30th July 2014 at 17:49.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks.
Yes I made out about the W6/ W8 confusion from your post in official review thread.
While I was deciding the variant, I felt W4 was VFM than most sedans / crossovers in that range. Only thing is if you compare it with W6/W8 then it looks like skimped of features.
I almost booked W6, since W8 was over my budget and I was not keen on many of the fancy features (alloy, leather seats etc.). The only reason I stretched my budget was for ESP. I drive my uncle Scorpio once in a while and I am not that much a fan of its high speed stablity, that was the reason I was bit keen on ESP.

However should say that XUV handling is leagues ahead and I have not noticed ESP activated (it gives a notification in dash) even when I tried throwing the vehicle around corners.
Well then ESP is the main criteria here between W8 and W6. Anyway I will be opting for Super speed rims if I chose W6.

My initial thoughts were towards W8, but when I started comparing the features, except for ESP I do not see any major features coming into picture.
You know what my mind still pricks me saying stretch a little and go for W8, but when I think about the financial part of it, I feel W6 would serve the purpose.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 23:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. So, I am seeing one more Maruti loyalist moving from Maruti to a different manufacturer.

By the way, its a nice detailed review from you.

I wish you many more miles on your cheetah.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 00:04   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Few updates after thread was in Assembly lane -

13-07-14

Take the vehicle to Anant cars to get three issues checked.
  1. Left pulling of the vehicle. I wanted to get the alignment checked.
  2. Rattling sound from left silencer.
  3. Air bubble in paint near right quarter panel and right rear door. Also during delivery cleaning guy had rubbed off paint along with gum used for fixing Mahindra badging.

Had booked an appointment through the sales team at Anant cars when they had called up to get feedback. Also, I had mentioned about this paint bubble issue to M&M customer care when they had called. They in turn had forwarded the same to Anant cars sales.

Appointment was made for 09.00 AM, I reach there promptly but is made to wait for around an hour. Finally RM comes, makes a note of all the issues and take over the vehicle. I call up to check the progress in evening and was informed that first two issues are fixed and it may take one more day for painting to be done. I inform that I will bring the vehicle back later since I needed it for next couple of days.

Issue status :
  1. Left pulling is fixed after rotating the tyres. They had done wheel allignment too, however on checking the reading did not find much difference.
  2. Rattling is fixed after changing a rubber bush. Dont have details of the part since RM had informed just that.
  3. Paint bubbling issue to be fixed later.

27-07-2014
Day1-
Again made a booking and took the vehicle for paint work to be done. Regular RM was on leave, he had updated the issue to paint shop person who in turn noted down the paint issues. Was promised delivery on same day evening, since there was painting involved I was not sure of the same though.

Some half hour after I get out of service centre I receive an automated SMS mentioning expected delivery time to be next day. Not surprised I think of giving them a call the next day.

Day2-
Call in the evening to check if vehicle is ready. Get a very casual reply that it will be done by next day only. On enquiring the reason for delay was informed that painting is still getting done. Anyway, I got some work in office too, so leave it at that.

Day3-
Call up RM around 11.30 AM, he informs that vehicle will be ready by 05.00PM only, ask what was the reason and he does not have any proper answer. So tell him I will be coming there around afternoon and based on progress will decide.
Reach service centre around 03.00 PM, vehicle is getting cleaned. Checked the painting job and felt it was fine. Some 1.5 hours later vehicle is ready for delivery.

Attaching pics of paint bubbling spots and that of rear boot lid which was scratched by painting guy before re-painting was done.

Boot lid scratch -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4199.jpg

Paint bubble spots

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4200.jpg

Current ODO reading

Currently ODO meter stands at 3300 KM's. No other issues noticed after the ratling fix was done. There will not be much running for next two weekends, I am planning a trip around Aug15 weekend. Vehicle should cross 5000 KM mark around that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
So, I am seeing one more Maruti loyalist moving from Maruti to a different manufacturer.
Thanks Arun.
Well, yes. I was keenly following their XA Alpha & S-Cross plan. However lack of any launch period confirmation made me move away. I feel it is a marketing mistake from Maruti that they did not take cross over market seriously.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 31st July 2014 at 00:11.
Old 31st July 2014, 10:36   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. The Tuscon Red color looks really dominating for a car of this size. You need to give it a good wash and polish every now and then to maintain the paint quality in the long run. Happy mile crunching with this beast!
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 11:32   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
You need to give it a good wash and polish every now and then to maintain the paint quality in the long run.
Thanks Countme91.
Yes, red is bit tough to maintain. Especially during current monsoon season. Planning of getting 3M care done after few months.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 13:17   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Very nice and candid review coupled with great pictures.

Wish you a trouble free ownership of the cheetah. Drive Safe!
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 13:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ah! from a Alto to an XUV, especially on the highways. Congrats on the new car, wishing you many happy mile munching. I guess its time to put your Ladakh plan into action now that you have the correct set of wheels for that region.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 15:49   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the XUV. Great review, great pictures and of-course a great car. Nice to see someone moving from an Alto to this. Will be a treat on the highway.
Have a safe and cracking time with it
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 16:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Very nice and candid review coupled with great pictures.
Thanks Jasmeet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I guess its time to put your Ladakh plan into action now that you have the correct set of wheels for that region.
Thanks Motomaverick.
Yes. Hope to put plan to action. However work related issues means I will not be getting enough leave for the same. Not this year for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Nice to see someone moving from an Alto to this. Will be a treat on the highway.
Thanks Aneezan.
And congrats on your Polo. Was going through your review today morning.
Old 31st July 2014, 21:59   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase and nice crisp review.
As you have correctly mentioned, the importance of defogger/rear wiper is generally ignored by most of the manufacturers(especially for KA KL region) by offering them only on the top variant.
Btw I started using Kanakapura road to go to Kerala after reading your comments in some thread. Hope to see the red beauty sometime on the way...
sayoojl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 15:00   #28
BHPian

Congratulations mpksuhas on your red cheetah, wishing you many safe miles. Enjoyed your review and pictures.

You have mentioned that the console gets slow with high capacity USB, is this still an issue ?
rajesh.sml is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 17:40   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
the importance of defogger/rear wiper is generally ignored by most of the manufacturers(especially for KA KL region) by offering them only on the top variant.
Thanks Sayoojl.
Yes, defogger is very useful especially during night drives.

Sure, hope to meet you sometime. I stay near Bellandur, you can identify my ride with LTD sticker on rear guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
You have mentioned that the console gets slow with high capacity USB, is this still an issue
I decided against purchasing higher capacity USB on reading comments about infotainment system getting slow. I have tried till 8GB and have not noticed any lag, even TBHPian Dhanush is using 8GB drive. The issue was mentioned for 16GB or higher I guess. Not sure if that is fixed.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 21:31   #30
BHPian

Could you post 2nd and 3rd row 3D mats pics too.

I am contemplating to go with 3D kagu mats or some noodle mats. 2nd row Kagu mats seems not fully covers the underneath of front seats.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed