Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2016, 15:34   #76

Re: Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report

Could you please clarify on where you pasted the fastag? Is it on left corner of the windshield? I too have XUV with factory fitted RFID at center.

Thanks,
Gopi
Old 14th September 2016, 15:49   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
any update regarding the brake line?
Sorry. Didn't see your post till today.

Checked the brake line over weekend. It was covered in mud and was not looking like there was any fouling lately.

Then on checking by locking steering in either direction made out that the issue was due to ABS/ ESP sensor cable touching against the brake line. Stragenly it was happening only on left side, right side line is pushed bit inside and hence this issue is not reproduced there.

Since brake line is of metal and the sensor cable sleeve is plastic, I checked and made sure there is no damage on the sleeve too. I haven't taken it to service centre yet. However thinking of getting it checked when I am going to service center for using monsoon wash coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopisk View Post
Could you please clarify on where you pasted the fastag? Is it on left corner of the windshield? I too have XUV with factory fitted RFID at center.
You can find the image of the same here.

Sticking it behind IRVM means the tag doesn't obstruct view also.
Old 5th February 2017, 14:45   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

40K Service

17-Dec-2016

Odo reading is only around 37K Kms, however due to Gujarat trip planned in Jan second week decide to get the 40K service done.

I am anticipating to cover around 5K Kms in the GJ trip, hence did not want to face any warranty issues that Mahindra may come up with during any claims since I may be around 43K Kms by the time I return from the trip.

No major issues as to report as such, just the rattling from the tumble down seat of second row which had to be fixed along with the usual service checklist.

Decided to give the car at Chrome motors Audogodi for a change this time. Had seen good reviews about the place from other XUV owners. Give a second trial in booking an appointment from withyou Hamesha link of Mahindra. Get a call back from Chrome motors on the next day and they confirm the appointment.

Reach the place early in morning and hand over the car, RM as usual pushes for add on items which I decline. As usual, they inform that the car will be ready only by evening.

Evening around 06:00 PM I reach back for vehicle delivery, the car was still getting ready. Not sure why all Mahindra centers take so long for normal service.

Total bill amount comes to Rs.11200. Work wise, I didn't have any complains.

One of the reason why I did the service couple of weeks ahead of trip was to see if any issues will crop up before the trip. Luckily nothing turns up.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20170205_130339.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 22:39   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Transcend Drivepro 520 purchase

In anticipation of upcoming GJ trip and also since the current dash cam was a basic model which was having bad low light capability, decided to go for purchase of Transcend Drivepro 520.

The cost of the cam, which was around 11K few months back had increased to 14K now. Purchase was done via Amazon, no complaints on packaging and delivery.

Package

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20161230_190405.jpg

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20161230_190601.jpg

Inside the package

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20161230_190658.jpg

Contents

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20161230_190958.jpg

Very much happy with the video quality -

Last edited by mpksuhas : 7th February 2017 at 22:40.
mpksuhas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 13:55   #80
BHPian

Wow, that road looks amazing! How long is it straight like this? Good video quality too for a dashcam.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 14:04   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Transcend Drivepro 520 purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Very much happy with the video quality -
Suhas, Have you compressed the video before uploading? The maximum resolution I could set for your Video on youtube was till 480.

Since its Transcend, I am sure it records in both 720 and 1080. So upload the actual size and the clarity will get even better .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:55   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Wow, that road looks amazing! How long is it straight like this? Good video quality too for a dashcam.
Yes. Also, since on both sides of the road there is nothing but rann (though this area is not fully white as in pics) it gives a surreal feeling.

This road is around 20 KMs long connecting village of Khavda to Rann Utsav / White rann area.

Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Suhas, Have you compressed the video before uploading? The maximum resolution I could set for your Video on Youtube was till 480. Since its Transcend, I am sure it records in both 720 and 1080. So upload the actual size and the clarity will get even better .
Yes. As you noticed, had compressed the video to get it uploaded faster. I will upload a 1080 resolution one soon to get an actual comparison. I have kept the recording quality in 1080 in the dashcam.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 19:50   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

43000km

Completed GJ trip, total distance covered was 5197 KM's. Diesel used for Rs. 17304, don't have liter wise breakup since diesel price is different in each state.

Faced two issues, one a puncture and another with TPMS sensor going kaput.

This is how the TPMS reading looks like now -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-screenshot_20170121103944596.jpeg

I am yet to get the issue fixed. Need to find time to visit any service centre.

After trip, car was covered in dust both on inside and outside. Went to 3M Sarjapur road and got it cleaned fully.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20170128_145447.jpg

Planning of another ~1200 KM trip in two weeks.
Old 11th February 2017, 20:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
In anticipation of upcoming GJ trip and also since the current dash cam was a basic model which was having bad low light capability, decided to go for purchase of Transcend Drivepro 520.
I was also trying to get this device from some time but waiting for the right time(waiting for some offer). How was the video quality at night and did you hardwired it or using the mobile charger to power up. Does turning the ignition off saves the video automatically. It would be really great if you could throw some light on the likes and dislikes or any of the suggestions you have for the prospective buyers.
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:57   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

TPMS Sensor issue and self healing -

M&M customers are well aware of self healing properties of their Mahindra cars. For those who are not aware of the same, you have some issue in the car. You go to service center for fixing the same or try restarting the car and the issue magically disappears.

I been facing the TPMS sensor error mentioned in above post since past few weeks and about 1500 KM's. So, decided to take the vehicle to Sireesh Mahindra for fixing the same.

Due to some other work, got delayed and was past 04:00 PM when I reached service center. Once there, RM checks the issue and ask someone to fill air in a tyre. The issue magically disappears. Do note that, I have tried the same earlier too without any success. Both RM and myself doubt that this is due to one sensor going kaput. However, without the error now it is even more tougher to make out which sensor is having the issue since the tyre learning is not done after tyre rotation last month.

There is a 1K KM trip coming this weekend, will keep an eye for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
How was the video quality at night and did you hardwired it or using the mobile charger to power up.
No. I haven't hardwired it, since XUV has multiple charging ports I am using the dashboard one for dashcam. The second row port is used for mobile charging.

Quote:
Does turning the ignition off saves the video automatically.
Yes. The video records for around 3 seconds after you turn off the ignition. Then on saving the file, the unit switches off.

Quote:
It would be really great if you could throw some light on the likes and dislikes or any of the suggestions you have for the prospective buyers.
I will upload a better quality video file in few days.

As of now, the only dislike is the slow phone interface. The download time to phone is huge.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:04   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, without the error now it is even more tougher to make out which sensor is having the issue since the tyre learning is not done after tyre rotation last month.

There is a 1K KM trip coming this weekend, will keep an eye for the same.
Time to drive with some nostalgia of good old days where you realise the pressure is less through your own experience .

I would say, pick one of these and have it handy. Always helps in such emergencies:

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-41ugwlgumtl.jpg

Or I am really sure you will have something like already?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 11:27   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Time to drive with some nostalgia of good old days where you realise the pressure is less through your own experience .
Very true.

Infact, TPMS gives a notification only when pressure goes down 25 psi, the recommended pressure is around 30 psi based on the load (I usually fill it at 32 psi).

If there is a substantial decrease in pressure, say it comes down to ~18 psi or so it is very much noticeable in your drive, tyre sound and steering feedback.

So the actual use of TPMS is limited to a range of ~18 psi to 25 psi in case of a puncture.

The only advantage as per me, of having TPMS is the ease in able to check tyre pressure via mobile application before each trip in place of using a pressure gauge.

Quote:
Or I am really sure you will have something like already?
My friend who usually joins me in trips has a basic (Coido) portable tyre compressor which we carry on trips. However, when it was required for the GJ trip we made out that we left it at home in Bangalore
Old 24th February 2017, 12:02   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
M&M customers are well aware of self healing properties of their Mahindra cars. For those who are not aware of the same, you have some issue in the car. You go to service center for fixing the same or try restarting the car and the issue magically disappears.

Tell me about it! These days I even talk out aloud about visiting the service center a few times. And soon enough, the issue resolves it self. Now I know, how M&M came up with their new ad - We live young, we live free, we are the living!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 15:34   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

3 Years - 45000 KM's

It's been a while since I updated the thread, the reason was that there was nothing to update

After GJ trip in Jan, had gone to KL for a weekend drive. Past that XUV is hasn't gone out of Bangalore, this is the longest without any trip. Also, since my daily drive is still the trusty old Alto Lx, ODO reading has almost got stuck in 45K Kms range.

The unusually long time without trips was since I was busy with shifting to a new house. And this means a new parking slot for Optimus too

Thanks to half occupied apartment, got an entire parking lot free for a photo-shoot. So one weekend, my brothers came over and the result is to see -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img20170611wa0001.jpg

Once all house related work is done, I plan to get the vehicle detailed from the nearby 3M store. 3 years of using vehicle cover and cleaning has caused considerable scratches on the vehicle. Since the earlier house was near to a main road the vehicle used to get covered in dust in no time. Hence I used to keep it covered during weekdays when I usually use only Alto. Hopefully the cover won't be required at the new place.

Insurance

Renewd the exisiting National Insurance bumper to bumper policy which I was having for the 3rd year through Anant cars. The sales person messed up the entire process by entering my address wrong and misplacing the cheque book. After a lot of follow up and 3 weeks after the current policy expired, I got the cheque cleared and policy details issued.

My address details are wrong in the policy still, need to get it corrected sometime. After this, I guess I will not be taking up Anant cars help for any insurance renewal in future.

Issues

Well, with no trips there are no major issues to report too. There is a rattling sound from rear tumble seat when going over bad roads. I am not able to make out from where the sound is coming. Will wait for the next service to get it checked. Also, I am still not fully convinced if the TPMS error which was mentioned earlier is fixed or not, so keeping an eye for that.

Apart from that there is a metallic sound randomly from driver side front wheel or surrounding. I had tried explaining this to service center guys during couple of past visits, however I was not able to reproduce the same. I am still trying to make out the scenario when it happens.

Upcoming trips

There are two ~700 KMs trips coming up in a month or so, I hope to complete 50K Kms mark and next service hopefully in another 3 months.

I am yet to get dash cam footage I promised earlier, will upload it in few weeks time.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 12th July 2017 at 15:36.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 18:14   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

53000 KM & TORC meet

53000 KM

There been few small outstation trips in past few months. I am yet to compile travelogue for any trip, hope to get with that soon.

Anticipating a trip to Rameshwaram in Nov, got the 50K servicing done around 48K. Now odometer reading is around 53K Kms.

There was no major issues to be checked during the service. A rattling from the tumble down seat in second row was attended to, however I find the same reappearing once in a while.

Will be doing around 1400 KM's in Feb and there is a plan of a ~3000 KM trip in March.

I am yet to upload and share the full resolution video of dash cam as promised few months back, will try that soon.

Along with that, Optimus met few of its siblings during Republic day weekend.

This was part of XUV owners meet conducted at Goa under TORC group. The drive had few TBHPians including SDP & Avinash.

Couple of pics from the event -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_2049.jpg

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_2146.jpg

Issues faced since last update -

Nothing as such. However, need to cross check if the TPMS issue which was present last time is actually fixed by deflating tyres. Also, I am past 15000 KM's since last alignment. Need to get it done in a week or so. I usually get alignment done around 10K KM's, due to my laziness and varied reasons it has got delayed for a while this time.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 30th January 2018 at 18:19.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks