Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 23:09   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

75 Point check

54127 KMs

Mahindra conducts annual free checkup camp named 75 point check. Since I was at Chennai for the weekend decided to take car to nearby service center - TVS Saligramam to get the checkup done.

If booked through Mahindras 'With you hamesha' site / app there was free wash too. Since I am planning for a long trip in couple of weeks, thought it was best time to get car checked.

Booked through website, arrived at the center at 09:00 AM. Mine was 3rd car in line. Apart from the general checkup as part of the campaign, requested RM to check the following -
  • TPMS Sensor Error - This was first noticed during my GJ trip last year. Though I haven't faced this issue after that, I thought of getting it checked since I doubt one sensor has gone kaput.
  • Battery connectors cleaning - There was acid corrosion on battery terminals. Wanted to get it cleaned before it becomes worse and cause issues.
  • Gear lever greasing - Randomly there was noise while changing gear between 2nd & 3rd.

Though there was no major work, they took their own sweet time to get it done. Since the service center was nearby, I go back home and reach around 06:00 PM just when they were cleaning the car.

Overall rating of TVS Saligramam :

- Head technician came with me without insisting for a test drive. This is something which is lacking at many service center in Bangalore. Full marks here.
- I have a doubt that they didn't do anything with the TPMS sensor error thing. I had asked them to re-learn the tyres and replace the sensor incase its throwing any error. They said they had done that. However, while driving back to Bangalore I was getting 'Tyre Swap' notification, that means they have not done the learning part.
- Battery terminal cleaning done properly.
- Gear lever issue looks like resolved.
- No amount billed apart from that of additional wheel nuts.
- Washing - Cleaning of interiors done good. Exteriors also satisfactory apart from alloys which had dirt still.

Overall I would rate them 7 /10. Would surely go again for any similar work. If any major service, probably like other place one has to be present along with the car.

Bill amount for wheel nuts -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-bill.jpg

Wheel nuts comes in pack of 10. It is possible to get individual nuts too.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180225_121809961.jpg

Service center from outside

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180224_174102931_hdr.jpg

Optimus getting washed

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180224_182413219_hdr.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 22:54   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report

During a trip to Wayanad, rear left tyre got a puncture. Since it was a Sunday, didn't wanted to go around checking for puncture shop.

Had parked the car in night at resort parking and next day morning while taking out noticed the puncture, hence made out it was a bigger one. On inspecting the tyre made out that it was a screw which had got embedded in the tyre. Decided to take the risk and drive to bangalore after changing the tyre and without getting puncture fixed.

Next weekend, got the puncture fixed at Madhus in Bangalore. This was the reason of puncture -

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180210_094406293.jpg

Apart from the puncture part, I was concerned about the moody wheel nuts which takes effort to get off sometimes. Hence decided to go for a portable air inflator too.

After sometime going through the forum, decided to opt for Windek brand. Nothing fancy, however gets the work done.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180227_193424043.jpg

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180227_193523526.jpg

Tested the same on my Alto tyre, it takes around 3 to 4 minutes to inflate from 12 PSI to 33 PSI. No complaints till now.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 06:31   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Tested the same on my Alto tyre, it takes around 3 to 4 minutes to inflate from 12 PSI to 33 PSI. No complaints till now.
Confirms (and reassures) one thing for sure. Most of these inflators no matter how they are advertised have similar construction and same cylinder size.

I do recollect the same test on my WagonR's tires (similar volume almost) with my Coido as well as another one from another brand that the dealership used for other tools (which also made these inflators) and from 0 to 30 PSI it tooK anywhere between 2.5 and 3.5 minutes and non stop.

Thankfully when I picked up the Coido more than 5 years back, choices were very less and it was a random buy based on whatever reviews were available online. The same one has been doing its job even today and just once I had to fill up my Ertiga's tire from 19PSI to 33 during a puncture 2 years back and it didn't disappoint.

These inflators by various manufacturers are like toothpaste brands - Recommended by all, recommended for everyone and do their basic job of inflating .
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 16:02   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Confirms (and reassures) one thing for sure. Most of these inflators no matter how they are advertised have similar construction and same cylinder size.
Exactly. Technically, all inflators are having same power input too. Hence there should not be much difference in performance.

While checking for feedback on inflators, I was keen on following -
  • Digital display with auto cut off
  • Durable connector
  • Compact design

Coido is also highly rated brand, however I was not able to find any inflators from them in this price range. There was one which was cheaper, however that had analog display.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2018 at 22:54. Reason: "infiltrators" = "inflators
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 16:09   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. Technically, all inflators are having same power input too. Hence there should not be much difference in performance.
How I realised that most of these are same is when I got one home to repair and opened it completely and started to pity the tiny compressor that has to do the job of refilling a punctured tire .

Quote:
Coido is also highly rated brand, however I was not able to find any inflators from them in this price range. There was one which was cheaper, however that had analog display.
During the time I purchased, Coido was the most popular although I feel there are many better ones available today (Noise & Build).

The only thing that has kept me away from shopping something else is that the one I have hasn't gone kaput and does its job, else I do fancy for the latest ones that look cool (Digital and all that jazz). I had bought mine for less than 900 bucks after 10% discount coupon on ebay then.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2018 at 22:55. Reason: Quoted post edited
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 18:43   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Purple Club Golfing event

Mahindra has a Rexton & XUV owners group called as Purple club which conducts various customer relationship exercises.

I had got a call for their golfing day event soon after I purchased the car, had declined the invite that time since I was busy with something else.

Last week I get another invite for the same and I accept the same. The call center personal informs that I will get an E-mail with payment details, the said mail doesn't come.

Meanwhile, another XUV owner shares the payment page, I decide to make the payment anyways. However, as luck would have it, the payment linked crashed after money was debited from my account. My mails to customer care & Purple club doesn't find any response, hence called them up. The call center personal mentioned that I can visit the event by just showing any proof of payment. Decided to do the same since it was a free Sunday for me.

The event was conducted at Prestige Golfshire, some 60 KM out of Bangalore.

Myself and a friend of mine reach there around 10.00 AM, the receptionist is unable to find out name in guest list. However, without much of an issue, they note down payment details from my phone and asks us to proceed.

Booking issues apart, the event was conducted fine.

After tea and greeting session, we were taken for couple of hours of golf coaching followed by a small competition.

Based on pure beginners luck, I came top in one of the event and won an Amazon gift voucher of Rs 3000 along with few spa discount coupons.

After that, there was lunch arranged for everyone. Around 1.30 PM, we head back home. A weekend well spend.

Days Itenary -
Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180325_102346424.jpg

XUV's which came for the event at parking lot

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180325_133202868.jpg

Venue

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180325_104203195.jpg

Marketing disaster - Toyota advertisement during an event conducted by Mahindra

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20180325_105727282.jpg

Last edited by mpksuhas : 27th March 2018 at 18:54.
Old 6th November 2018, 15:50   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

60000 KMs service

04 - Aug - 18

Vehicle had crossed 60K kms couple of weeks back, since there was another drive coming by Aug mid, decided to get service done.

Headed to Chrome motors Mysore road, this was my first visit here. However from other XUV owners, I had got good reviews about the place. Did online booking and reached the place around 09:15 AM, already there were few vehicles lined up.

Service was done surprisingly quick and all work apart from car wash was done before lunch, however car was took annoyingly long time and it was around 04:00 PM when I was able to head back home.

There was no specific issues with the car, hence apart from regular service there was nothing to check to.

Since 60K service involves oil change, overall cost came to Rs 9076. A major component on that is the service charge of Rs 3505.

Bills

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20181106_153551229_burst000_cover_top.jpg

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20181106_153505071.jpg
Old 22nd November 2018, 23:09   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

In past few months, there been multiple instances when car was left without starting even once for more than 2 weeks. On multiple instances, after switching on the car after this prolonged parking, noticed few dashboard lights staying on for few additional seconds after switching on the car.

This is a known sign of weak battery on XUV, since winter is approaching, decided to go ahead and change the battery as a preventive measure.

Fellow XUV owners Vinayak & Rajit suggested to try Battery boss , decided to opt for 90Ah - 135D13R instead of 85ah stock battery.
With exchange, got battery delivered for Rs 5800.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-img_20181101_124226703.jpg

Apart from this, from past month or so I am unable to open rear right side door from inside. It is acting as if child lock is enabled, need to visit service center and fix this issue sometime soon.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 12:10   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from this, from past month or so I am unable to open rear right side door from inside. It is acting as if child lock is enabled, need to visit service center and fix this issue sometime soon.
I had this issue for the rear door as well. Found out that it was a small plastic cover for the screw that came out loose and blocked the free movement of the inside door lever.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 23:44   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I had this issue for the rear door as well. Found out that it was a small plastic cover for the screw that came out loose and blocked the free movement of the inside door lever.
Thanks. Yes, it was the same issue.

Got it fixed at Chrome motors during a visit sometime around Dec I guess.

It's been a while I updated the thread, has been busy since past few months and haven't been driving much. Will post the updates till date soon
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 19:09   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Regular updates

It's been a while since I updated the thread. As such, there is nothing much to update.

I am planning of getting my 70K KMs service done in a weeks time. Odo reading is few hundreds short of 70K. However, extended warranty is about to get over by 12 June, hence thought of getting the vehicle checked before that, just in case.

The ball joint noise which I had reported during last service has come back again. So that is a high priority task in my mind.

Also, need to change tyres before I take any long trips. I am still running on stock and it may last for another 10K KMs or so based on tread depth. However, since its 5 year old tyres, didn't want to keep flogging it.

On top of that, got a puncture couple of weeks back thanks to a broken hacksaw-blade.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2019 at 05:58. Reason: Typos.
Old 26th August 2019, 22:22   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

70000 KM service

08 - June - 2019

Took vehicle for 70K KMs service though it was few hundreds short of the mark since 5th year of vehicle purchase was nearing. Thought will get the service done and also get all electricals checked since my extended warranty will expire with completion of 5 years.

As its been the case since past few services visited Chrome Motors. Since 70K service is a minor one, there are no oil changes. Just AC filter replacement.

However, since it was around 40K Kms in my front disk pads, thought will replace the same even though alert was not getting displayed. Along with the same, replaced rear disk pads for the first time.

Along with that purchased spare lug nut like during earlier service.

Service expense -

Name:  Chrome.PNG
Views: 1878
Size:  23.3 KB
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 15:32   #103
BHPian

Hi Suhas. Yours is one of the go to threads for doing a research on this beast.
I am on the lookout for such a vehicle. Would you recommend the xuv. Or Should I wait and try the harrier. Personally somehow I always liked an xuv but the niggles are a pain. Based on your ownership so far what's your take on it and in short- advice for potential owners like me.
Big thanks in advance.
Old 30th August 2019, 18:51   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Based on your ownership so far what's your take on it and in short- advice for potential owners like me.
Thanks.

Well, I am always reluctant in suggesting one vehicle over other since irrespective of each vehicles capabilities / short comings it all depends on the connect each individual feels to the vehicle.

Looking back, I would have still gone for XUV irrespective of the vehicles in market now. I will list out the negatives which I feel in the vehicle, since that will matter to you more while finalizing.

- Bouncy ride for rear seat passengers. This is something which is much improved in latest generation of vehicle, still not up to competition.
- Lack of boot space when all 3 rows are up.
- Poor design / irregular finish of interiors.
- Infotainment system which is buggy.

Apart from the above, I am very much satisfied with the vehicle. Even after 5 years, it still puts a smile on the face every time I am in the drivers seat.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:16   #105
BHPian

Thank you so much. I got precisely what I wanted from you. You are absolutely right on the point about the connection one has with his vehicle. It makes you look above and beyond the niggles. My friend has just bought the new plush xuv W9. It's interiors are amazing. I took a ride. Personally I was not put off by the rear seat comfort. The space and interior feeling is much better as compared to the previous models. Another thing that works in its favour is that the xuv now is a well sorted product due to the number of years it has been in the market and customer feedback such as yours. Harrier though being recent and a slew of features is a brilliant product but still coping up. Personally I feel that if one is to buy these vehicles, one should buy the lower models since they have less features and hence less chances of niggles. I was looking at the W3 though, to be honest with you but have withheld my decision for now. Let the new emissions norms become clear and will decide. Will be hard to let go of vehicle so painfully bought new. Also keeping my fingers crossed for the new 2020 variant. Let's see. But I wanted to know an owner's POV or connect and thank you for providing same. I will definitely let you know when time comes. Big thanks bhai.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks