Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2019, 20:56   #181
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis VL S-CVTi: A Detailed Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi Friends ,

I have noticed one niggle in my Altis CVT 2015 Petrol. The dashboard reflection on the windshield is too annoying during noon times when Sun is right on your head. It's sometimes so bad that it blinds vision of some portion. Any idea how to tackle this ?
Is this a recent occurrence? If so it could be your service station has used some high gloss cleaner to wipe the car.
Old 21st July 2019, 09:38   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dashboard reflection on the windshield is too annoying
I've faced this issue with the old Corolla too - the windscreen is huge and its angle facilitates reflection of the dash.

Someone advised me to wear Polaroid sunglasses to ward off this pain, but I never tried that.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends ,

I have noticed one niggle in my Altis CVT 2015 Petrol. The dashboard reflection on the windshield is too annoying during noon times when Sun is right on your head. It's sometimes so bad that it blinds vision of some portion. Any idea how to tackle this ?

I face this same issue in most of the cars. Best is to wear polarized sun glasses. It reduces the reflection almost entirely but also helps protection from glare and reflections from surrounding vehicles on road.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 15:44   #184
BHPian

Hi ,

Update - I have got a 3M clear film installed and that has limited the reflection to a great extend. A accessory shop owner had suggested it to me.

Quote:
Hi Friends ,

Old 1st November 2019, 20:08   #185

Re: Toyota Introduces Corolla Altis-Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I drive 2014 Altis G-CVT. Do you really think Altis has tinny build? I have driven other cars in D segment and I felt Altis is equally well built. Is my assessment incorrect?
OK! I concede - I ended up buying the Altis itself! Only the fibre glass bumper is tinny - but Im loving the no nonsense attitude of my car now!!

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd November 2019 at 16:18. Reason: fixing quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:46   #186
NGM
BHPian

Re: Toyota Introduces Corolla Altis-Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_cr View Post

OK! I concede - I ended up buying the Altis itself! Only the fibre glass bumper is tinny - but Im loving the no nonsense attitude of my car now!!
Did you get any discounts?
Did you test drive the civic and how does it compare?
Old 23rd March 2020, 13:35   #187

Hi All,
We recently bought a used Dec 2015 Altis G AT with 44k kms on it. Experience till now has been amazing in terms of drive quality, FE, Power and space. This thread is really good in getting all Altis information. I see good numbers of G AT owners on this thread, is there anyone who tried adding features like cruise control, power seat or auto headlight to G Auto?
prajosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 12:23   #188
Senior - BHPian

What would be any common problems for the Corolla if one is to consider buying a used one? Anything specific in general? Does the Corolla come with a hydraulic power steering or electric one ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:09   #189
Senior - BHPian

Hi Severus. I am looking to buy one of these Corolla through pre owned route. Can you help with what has been the avg annual servicing cost for your car ?

I am looking at a 97K driven 2014 VL AT. Asking price is 6.5L which I hope should be bought down to even 6.
Old 7th August 2021, 12:27   #190
BHPian

Regular service cost is at around 12 - 14k per year. But had to change a few components that ended up being expensive. Alternator replacement by 5th year (25k), a/c coil failure after 6.5 years (20k). Further, the service person noted that the right rear suspension is leaking oil and may have to be replaced next service (~ 7k)

The car had run ~60k kms and just crossed 6.5 years.

Last edited by hypermiler : 7th August 2021 at 12:39. Reason: Minor updates
Old 7th August 2021, 12:48   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I am looking at a 97K driven 2014 VL AT. Asking price is 6.5L which I hope should be bought down to even 6.
Sounds a tad higher, 4 years back we brought a similar age VL-AT for 4.5.

The regular service is 6-7K/6 months or 10K kms. Its the part replacements that you should be prepared for. Its a D-segment car, so these costs are in line with the segment.
Old 14th January 2022, 13:09   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajosh View Post
Hi All,
We recently bought a used Dec 2015 Altis G AT with 44k kms on it. Experience till now has been amazing in terms of drive quality, FE, Power and space. This thread is really good in getting all Altis information. I see good numbers of G AT owners on this thread, is there anyone who tried adding features like cruise control, power seat or auto headlight to G Auto?
Hi Prajosh - I'm also looking for a 2014 Altis G CVT. Can you share your experience with the car, city/highway FE, drivability with the CVT (rubber-band effect?), any issues with spares, and general servicing costs.

Also, did you add the features mentioned in your post? If yes, please do share your experience and costs. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2022, 12:24   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket13 View Post
Hi Prajosh - I'm also looking for a 2014 Altis G CVT. Can you share your experience with the car, city/highway FE, drivability with the CVT (rubber-band effect?), any issues with spares, and general servicing costs.

Also, did you add the features mentioned in your post? If yes, please do share your experience and costs. Thanks.
Sorry Aniket in getting back so late. Just noticed your question. Not sure this will be useful to you now or not. But, now after good 2.5 years, 20k+ kms and one accident with the car, following is my feedback
- FE - Mine has been mostly highway driving. Pune to Mumbai, Gujarat, Goa etc. If I am light on accelerator and driving around 80 kmph on highway, it gives easy 14+, with more practical range of 80-110 kmph its 12+. City driving is between 8-10. You know Pune traffic. Rubber-band effect is there but its more of practice. Initially, when I realized it, I even took it to service center to get it checked . But, once you realize when it kicks in, you can adjust your driving style and its easily avoided.
- Drivability - Easy on highway as well as city. Only issue in city will be turning radius. So, tight turns or tight parking will be a bit difficult
- Servicing - I got it done twice at Bavdhan Toyota (I am calling it Bavdhan Toyota because company name keeps on changing from DSK to Kothari to Sonak). Experience has been good. From next time onwards, I will be going to Shetty or some other just to save some cost as I dont think this car requires any special attention. Yearly servicing at company service center is around 7k.
- Parts - Recently met with an accident where lost left hand side mirror damaged front bumper. It took almost 3 weeks to get them. And they costed a bomb. Left hand side mirror costed 25k in total and front bumper around 9k.
- Any enhancements - None. Tried getting Cruise Control added at service center, but it did not work the way its mentioned in one of the post for Innova. Half of touchscreen stopped working, SC said they will have to send it to Hyderabad and minimum cost of 5k even if its not repaired. Went to a shop near Nashik Phata and got it done for 1k.
Old 18th April 2023, 08:10   #194

@Severus @ChiragM @vigsom I have read your posts on the Corolla Altis. I am based in Chennai and I am in the market for a Pre-Owned Corolla Altis AT Petrol. I have come across a 2014 Corolla Altis G-AT Version. This is 2nd owner on paper (transferred from company to individual), run 140000 Kms, Silver colour, with upto date company service records. A used car dealer has picked the vehicle and is quoting Rs 650000. The vehcile is in good condition, tyres are around 40% condition, and the vehicle has insurance till March 2024. Wanted to check your views on the price of Rs 6.5 Lakhs if it is a fair value or what would be a fair value for this vehicle

I would also like to check your views on buying a vehicle that has done 140000 Kms on the Odo, and what are the likely issues I should be my checklist to evaluate the vehicle. Shall appreciate your advice. Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:00   #195
BHPian

Reading the prices quoted, I am surprised that a Toyota doesnt hold its price well in the Indian market as it holds elsewhere. A comparable aged Honda City sells at a higher price compared to a Corolla as per the prices being reported here. This is probably because the Corolla is not available in the Indian market any more and the parts are more expensive. But it has way better build quality and longer service life compared to Honda City. Just for a perspective, I have seen some 20+ year old Corollas running beautifully even after having done 500,000kms in the harsh middle-east environments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks