Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 15:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!

Congrats on getting home the Xcent after the long wait. Great attention to detail. I am still laughing about the brochure comment

Your evaluation of the cars during shortlisting is spot on. The Xcent does not skip the ABS and Airbags on the automatic variant. Hyundai deserves a pat on the back for this. The Dzire though popular skips the ABS and Airbags in the automatic variant which is on offer. The Amaze is disappointing with the features, build and the interiors for the asking price, but has a 5 speed box. I am a little surprised about the mileage, my friend's Grande i10 automatic is giving him 7 kmpl, though the runs are quite short.

A well deserved 5 star rating for this thread.
Old 20th July 2014, 15:52   #17
BHPian

re: Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!

Absolutely brilliant review and seven star material. Bravo CD.

I was wondering what happened - you were the first BHPian booking the Xcent and although your delivery was delayed, the silence seemed to be way too long. Delighted to hear that your car was delivered and the experience has been significantly good.

Little doubt that the car will serve your parents long and well, and maybe, just maybe, you will fall for it too !!

On your query on extended warranty, my Bangalore dealer is saying it might be offered in 2 months time - for the moment the standard warranty only.
Old 20th July 2014, 16:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior:

Nice review there! Loved the attention to detail.

A White Xcent with vtvt badging, sounds so much familier to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Pre-2014 Hyundai cars were infamous were wearing a dozen badges at the rear. For example, the car used for the i20 review had 'Hyundai', 'H', 'i20', 'CRDi', 'Asta', 'ABS' - a grand total of 7 badges. The Xcent comes with just 3 - 'Xcent', 'H' and 'SX' logos. Also notice the flush sitting parkings sensors and reflectors. Rear view camera is also visible in the pic above the number plate.

My Xcent comes with even lesser, only 2 badges, the H and Xcent.

Its an S and from what i heard from sales guy, only SX and SX(O) comes with variant badge.
Old 20th July 2014, 22:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have had my xcent sx(o) AT for over a month now and have managed to start a review in the assembly line thread. Some day I will complete it.
Fantastic review and great pics. I agree with you on almost everything. City driving is a pleasure. Highways are a bit nervous.
While the steering wheel is a nice size, I found the texture uncomfortable for my hands. Almost felt like it was slipping.
How do you find the suspension noise? I hear what sounds like rattles on slightly rough roads. Hyundai told me it sounded normal, but I plan to get it rechecked.
Old 22nd July 2014, 00:41   #20
BHPian

Conngratulations on the xcent my friend! Verydetailed report. MAkes me consider xcent for my dad now. I took my dad along to teh showroom and wasnt very impressed. But your review makes me think otherwise. Shall do a proper TD next time.

PS : Good job on the engine pic Like it!
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: True Keyless Entry

Congrats on your new car and thanks for the excellent balanced report!
The Xcent is seriously testing my love for my i10 ! I am SO tempted to trade mine with the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Needless to say, a newbie user to keyless entry like me should take a few tries to figure this out. The most confusing part for me was when I first switched off the car in N mode. Everything went off, however no matter what I did, the car could not be locked from the outside. It would give a loud chime when the request sensor/ central locking button on the remote is pressed, and it was only after 2-3 minutes of confusion that i finally figured out that the car cannot be locked in any mode other than 'P'.

And father spent 15 minutes on the same issue few days later.
Now this would be a REAL problem during parallel parking on busy city (read : Kolkata) streets. The parking attendants always ask to leave your car in neutral so that they can push your car front/back to make way for smaller/bigger cars. And yes, the cars are literally parked bumper to bumper (read - bumpers of cars touching each other)
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review. Extremely detailed and top notch pictures. Specially liked your unbiased opinion on the performance of the AT box specially on highways. There are very few reviews of Hyundai AT's out there and your detailed review on performance will help potential buyers make an informed decision.
Also glad that Hyundai offered the AT in the top spec variant. Something they have not done with the Grand i10 and even the i20.

I wish that they dropped their 4 speed AT and brought in a newer/better AT box across their range. That would make this a complete AT package for any driving condition.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:41   #23
BHPian

Fantastic detailed review. You have covered every minute detail with pros and cons.Very good enough for potential buyers. I own a manual SX(o) petrol. Have done 4000 kms. Its been a super experience so far.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:59   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy!!!
Excellent review with very detailed information. Nice pics too!
In the first pic the road looks to be very close to the sea, is it any beach near trivandrum?

On a side note, your punto review was one of them which helped me to choose Fiat.

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd July 2014 at 11:02.
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:27   #25
BHPian

A very comprehesive review I must say, will definitely be helpful for people planning to buy new vehicles. I will be upgrading soon and after reading this I am 98% sure of buying Xcent now.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:39   #26
BHPian

Congratulations and a Brilliant, detailed review. The photographs add a lot of substance and style. An entry level sedan that impressed all in my family, and we were almost booking the manual Asta version, had it not been for the waiting period mentioned by the dealer.

My brother has the i10 Auto too, and his biggest complaint is the mileage. Only gives him 8 in the city.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Brilliantly done C_D! Very detailed with snaps of all the relevant things in your review. Congrats on the car to you & your dad! Mileage figures seem decent for a 4 speed slushbox. As nkrishnap mentioned, a friend owning a Gi10 AT is getting around 7-9kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

Rated the thread 5 Stars!
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats CD on the new acquisition, the alloys are mouth watering.

To answer your question, yes the Grand AT has the ECO I somehow missed to pen it down in my ownership thread. And the observations with the rpm meter is similar with this mode on or off. I usually keep it ON as maximum drive time is in Bangalore traffic.

You also mentioned that there is plan to get dual horns fixed at 1st service time, you are planning to ask Hyundai itself to do it? Will they? I am also looking for an OEM dual horn option since the current one is as rightly put by you meeker for a bike as well.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the smart purchase. I have one doubt, the price difference between S(O) AT and S(X) AT seems to be 90k Ex.Showroom. Do we have enough features to justify this 90k?
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_shimla View Post
A very comprehesive review I must say, will definitely be helpful for people planning to buy new vehicles. I will be upgrading soon and after reading this I am 98% sure of buying Xcent now.
Same here, I am planning to visit the showroom this week, its just next to my office. I think for the urban usage this car cuts in very well. The looks are really good, it doesn't have that 'chopped off boot' look, the back and side profiles are carefully crafted to look like a proper Sedan. I seen this in flesh, compared to the Dzire it looks slightly smaller, but looks are very premium.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed