Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2016, 19:48   #136
BHPian

re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes. Always - no cutting splicing of things. Operate through remote.
I am looking for auxiliary lights for my XUV as well. While these lights can be operated via a remote, you would still have to connect them to the battery? If so, have to do it via dealer only, to protect the warranty?
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 19:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I am looking for auxiliary lights for my XUV as well. While these lights can be operated via a remote, you would still have to connect them to the battery? If so, have to do it via dealer only, to protect the warranty?
Yes Ajay, it has to be connected to the battery and the switch will be always on near the battery. The control switch linked to the actual switch and the remote will take of this.

And it is not really required to do it via a dealer, and since you are not splicing any wires warranty should not be an issue. You can check with Avinash once he does it. Even I might go for that.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 22:03   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I might go for that.
I am definitely leaning towards more powerful lights- auxiliary or other wise. Basis previous experience that you guys had with shadows and stuff, aux seems to be the way forward. On my recent roadtrip to Rajasthan, narrowly avoided kissing a few cows that were treating the NH as their personal jogger's park Will check with Avinash on this.
Old 11th November 2016, 09:20   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, see this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3947299

You can also see this thread for more details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-no-holes.html

I am likely to add those Hella FF lights this weekend. As soon as done, I will update my ownership thread. You can check the details there hopefully by Monday or so!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 11:06   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I am likely to add those Hella FF lights this weekend. As soon as done, I will update my ownership thread. You can check the details there hopefully by Monday or so!
Looking forward to it. As there is no splicing involved, should not impact warranty, though one can never be sure, if A.S.S or manufacturer are looking for excuses to deny an expensive warranty claim.
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 15:30   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to it.
Check this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4093080

The minor adjustments for throw and angle are still pending but that will be when I venture out sometime soon!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! Expensive Service Milestone Crossed

Exactly after 18 months of ownership cougar has reached a milestone, which is one of the expensive milestone in terms of service. Apart from that the beast has served me well to my expectations and it has been a dream come true experience for me.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-40k-milestone.jpg

This beast has taken me and my family to places smoothly without a hiccup till date, not even a second attempt to crank(touchwood). Everytime I drive the car brings smile on my face and it has made heads turn everytime

Left the car for 40K service on 3rd Dec, 2016 at Sireesh Auto Rajajinagar and this time it felt like the service was done with lack of time to clean the car and fix the fog lamp alignment.

Below were the things which was supposed to be addressed as part of this service,
1. Fog Lamp alignment
2. Change rivets in the wheel well where you access the fog lamp
3. AC not cooling properly

Left the car in the morning at 9AM and got back at 6.30PM. Service was done upto the mark and I was informed that the rear brake pads had worn out and it had a life for another 1000Kms. Hence decided to change them and informed the same to the SA.

Final bill came to 15,589/- after a discount of around 800/-. But the fog lamp alignment issue was not solved and the cleaning was not up to the mark.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-40k-service-bill.jpg

PS: Next update might be a sad one which make my heart very weak to do so :(
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 23:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Re: Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! Expensive Service Milestone Crossed

Quote:
Hope all is well Sunay
Old 21st December 2016, 17:35   #144
Senior - BHPian

Re: Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8! Expensive Service Milestone Crossed

Quote:
With a heavy heart I have to publish this news, that I have sold my beast after owning it for 1.5 years with 40,800 kms on the ODO. It has been a very dear companion for me during this time and it has never let me down even once till date.

It really feels sad to let go a car which you have bought it truly from your heart:(, but will hope to get a new beast as soon as I am back in town.

Reason for selling is, I would travelling to USA sometime in January, 2017 and I dint want my beast to be left alone without any care for a long time.

I am sure the car would be taken care well from my buyer and wish to see it sometime in pictures or personally.

Thanks everyone on this forum, who has helped me directly or indirectly for all my queries at any given point of time

Some parting and Final shots of my Silver Cougar:

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_20161220_174102250.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_20161220_182210150.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_20161220_182610030.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_20161221_110045773_hdr.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_20161221_110110850_hdr.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks