Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 10:02   #46
BHPian

re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
My car had it's first minor injury today while taking it out from my parking, it was all my mistake
Oh, so sorry to know this. Hope it is all minor scratches that can be corrected easily.

Quote:
1. Should I approach showroom or a local body shop for the same?
2. The plastic cladding has some deep scratches, how do I get it repaired?
3. Scratches on fog lamp housing, can it be removed? or should I change the fog lamp housing? If yes, how much would it cost?
I think you should go to showroom first and get the assessment done by them. If they quote exorbitant, then you can look at alternatives like Bosch service center etc. Since your car is new, I would suggest showroom first.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:46   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car had it's first minor injury today while taking it out from my parking
Looking at damage, it seems no big deal. Mahindra can't fix this easily without leaving a trace of repair. bumper replacement is not practical and logical too. Your best bet is Sai Colorium in JP Nagar or Trend Automobile on Hosur Road. You would need to take an appointment and finish this in a day.

About fog lamp scratch, I think you can get rid of it through some polishing kinda thing. It doesn't seem to be major too.

And hey, it's a good thing. "Drushti" is done now
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Looking at damage, it seems no big deal. Mahindra can't fix this easily without leaving a trace of repair. bumper replacement is not practical and logical too. Your best bet is Sai Colorium in JP Nagar or Trend Automobile on Hosur Road. You would need to take an appointment and finish this in a day.

About fog lamp scratch, I think you can get rid of it through some polishing kinda thing. It doesn't seem to be major too.
Did you mean Mahindra can or they can't? As you mentioned it's no big deal I got confused with this statement

Ya tomorrow I am going in for my first service and check with the showroom guys how much they estimate. If that does not workout I will reach out to these guys and get it done.

Do you have any contact information of these local body shop guys?

Quote:
Ha ha you are right, yesterday we had been for a team lunch and everyone praised the car and liked it, probably it is because of their "Drushti" this happened today morning.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:45   #49
adu
BHPian

Quote:
My car had it's first minor injury today while taking it out from my parking, it was all my mistake I judged the space wrong, while I was concentrating more on the rear could not notice a small wall and the front left side brushed the wall, here is what happened to my car
Hey buddy, really sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling when something like this happens and it takes a couple of days to get used to seeing the damage, especially when it is the first incident. Eventually, you will get over it.

Quote:

Completely agree with abirnale's suggestions on outside options as MASS will definitely provide a huge estimate of bumper replacement et al. Couldn't agree more with the 'Drushti' bit .
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 20:14   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest you not to approach service centre for the same. I had a similar, but slightly lesser scratch thanks to a biker whose stunt went wrong. This was on rear bumper for me, I took it to Trend automobiles on Hosur road and they too suggested on not getting it repainted. After a round of polishing it is slightly less noticeable now.

However, more than that it is a guilt feeling that does not go.

Anyways, unfortunately I have another couple scratches now. All, happened when vehicle was parked and done by over enthusiastic kids or bikers. Guess, couple of years later, will get it repainted in one go.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 12:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

First milestone achieved by Cougar. Till now it has been a wonderful journey apart from minor glitches and the injury yesterday. The car has handled perfectly under all situations be it B2B traffic, highways & ghats which has made me more affectionate. Also I am yet to recover from the injury which I did to my car yesterday and I will not be satisfied until the wound is recovered.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150826_18_20_32_pro.jpg

Left the car for service today with the below issues/niggles mentioned,

1. Rattling noise from left side of the Dashboard (which is random, it suddenly disappears and reoccurs very oddly, was not able to identify the source of the sound)

2. Wiper shuddering while swiping

3. Left suspension making thud - thud sound

4. Mirrors making creaking sound while closing and opening

Hope everything gets resolved, will update once I get the car back.

On the estimates for damage SA said it would come around 5K.

The work and approx cost involved would be:
1. Bumper rework with painting(half bumper) - 3K
2. Fog lamp replacement (if I opt for) - 1.5K
3. Side black strip replacement - 100 Rs

So overall it would be around 5K which is reasonable IMO from Mahindra

But still I will check with a local body shop(Thanks abirnale & Ravi sir for the contacts at Sai colorium) and then take a decision. And I might only get the black cladding strip from Mahindra for 100rs, fog lamp I might not change since it is only the scratches which can hold on for now.

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions.
fusionbang is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 21:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Update on Service:

Cougar is back from first service and I am happy about the work done on the car apart from cleaning the car. Mats were not laid properly after washing and the glasses had residues of the liquid used to clean them which made my drive difficult in the night with vehicles coming from opposite direction.

Total service cost(incl tax) was 2,406/- which includes,

1. Engine oil(Maximile FEO 6ltrs) - 1,740/-
2. Engine oil filter(Maximile Universal Oil Filter) - 178/-
3. Copper Washer - 9/-
4. Consumables - 175/- (labour)

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150827_21_35_42_pro.jpg

All the niggles listed has been sorted out for now, hope it does not occur again.

1. Rattling noise from left side of the Dashboard (which is random, it suddenly disappears and reoccurs very oddly, was not able to identify the source of the sound) - Issue was with the left passenger door and no more rattling sound now.

2. Wiper shuddering while swiping - No shuddering now, will drive in rain and see if it is sorted out completely

3. Left suspension making thud - thud sound - It was told it is been lubricated and it should be fine now, but I would wait for some more time to comment on this

4. Mirrors making creaking sound while closing and opening - Again this was lubricated, but I could still hear some creaking sound which is normal I guess.

Update on the injury:

Visited Sai Colorium and met Mr. Bharath. He was really helpful and told me he would get this sorted out in few hours and estimated cost was around 2.5K which is very reasonable. Seeing the work done on Ravi sir XUV I am expecting a neat job here. Will be getting it done next week and update here.

Special thanks to abirnale(Avinash) for giving me his contact details. And would like to thank Ravi sir for giving Mr. Thulasi's contact, but unfortunately he is not anymore associated with Sai now, I was informed that he shifted to Dubai 7 months back.
fusionbang is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 09:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Couple of pictures after service,

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150828_09_02_07_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150828_09_02_25_pro.jpg

Also notice, how the scratches has come down to an extent after washing and some polishing. I might take the car tomorrow to get it fixed.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150828_09_02_18_pro.jpg
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Silver cougar is back from the local body shop and man I am really impressed by the work done. Mr Bharath was really helpful and got the work done almost to perfection even though it took some time which was more than expected. The total cost involved was 2500/- to get back the damage in shape, now I am relaxed and happy my cougar is cured. Let some pictures do the talking,

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150828_09_02_18_pro.jpg

Initial phase of adding putty

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150829_11_02_23_pro.jpg

Plastic cladding and bumper painted with black

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150829_12_54_55_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150829_13_01_56_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150829_13_02_01_pro.jpg

After the bumper was painted in Silver

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150829_14_40_53_pro.jpg

PS: Thanks abirnale(Avinash) for referring Mr. Bharath.
fusionbang is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:36   #55
BHPian

What a wonderful job. Good luck fusionbang and enjoy the drive in your all new car!!!
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 13:41   #56
BHPian

That is really a perfect job done. Your cheetah is as good as new. Kudos to Mr. Bharat. He definitely has executed it to perfection
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 09:27   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome Sunay! Now I think your virtual wounds (including your cougar's) are healed
Happy motoring for many more miles to come!

Bharath was first introduced to me by @SajanDS and @nirmaljustdoit. Thanks to them and their word to Bharath to take good care of Tbhpians
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 09:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome Sunay! Now I think your virtual wounds (including your cougar's) are healed
Happy motoring for many more miles to come!

Bharath was first introduced to me by @SajanDS and @nirmaljustdoit. Thanks to them and their word to Bharath to take good care of Tbhpians
Yes Avinash, very much healed and I am able to get some sound sleep over the last 2 nights Thanks for all your help And convey my thanks to Sajan & Nirmal.
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:05   #59
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Silver cougar is back from the local body shop and man I am really impressed by the work done.
fusionbang, such a perfect job that has been done. Looks as good as new and Sai Colorium has lived up to expectations and reviews that I have heard of them.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 09:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Wiper shuddering is back again and my windshield is not cleaned properly during rains. It has become difficult to drive in rains especially with an oncoming vehicle's headlight I have been using "ProKlear Prkwwc Liquid Vehicle Glass Cleaner" and still no results. I am not sure if it is because of the wiper blades or due to shuddering

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150907_19_11_36_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150907_19_11_55_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20150907_19_12_09_pro.jpg

Can anybody guide me as to what would be the best solution to overcome this issue, as I have some plans this month end and coming month and I might encounter rains during my drive.

Thanks in Advance!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks