Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 22:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!

After a lot of deliberation from last one month, we all cousins planned a trip to Goa-Shiroda via Belgaum. Since the plan was to visit my brother's place at Belgaum, did not get a chance to try an alternate route.

Route Plan:

Complete Trip:

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-completetrip.jpg

22/10/2015:

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-onward-route1.jpg

Onward journey was a nightmare and it was really difficult to cross Bangalore and literally it took me 2.5 Hrs to cross Nelamangala from West part of Bangalore. It started with Inner Ring road near Laggere and ended after the first toll after Nelamangala. The toll near Nelamangala was more than a km, adding to that the private buses were trying to race cutting lanes in the toll booth.

After that till Tumkur it was like driving in Bangalore outer ring road with lot of traffic and was not able to cross 80Kmph. Post that it was a breeze and constantly maintained triple digit speeds and reached Belgaum by 11.30 after bio breaks and dinner break.

23/10/2015:

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-onward-route2.jpg

Got up in the morning and was ready to leave to Goa by 10 AM. It was pleasure driving in the Chorla ghat with smooth roads, but the roads are narrow and overtaking is little difficult especially trucks/buses.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151023_10_55_08_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151023_10_57_38_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151023_10_55_48_pro.jpg

Reached Goa by 1PM and it was real hot and I had to drive with AC on all the time. We all went to Candolim beach for Lunch and to have some fun.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151023_14_52_21_pro.jpg

24/10/2015:

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-onward-route3.jpg

We planned to visit Sinquerim Beach near Vivanta by Taj and then leave to Shiroda, unfortunately there was Saturday rush and it was choked from the entrance, hence decided to chuck it and continued with our journey. Checked in at the resort by 3PM and again we were on to the beach to have fun with cousins.

25/10/2015:

Had a long distance to travel for this day and the cheetah was all set.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151025_08_33_23_pro.jpg

This was the route taken,

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-return-route1.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-return-route2.jpg

Left Shiroda by 8.30AM and after navigating through a traffic filled highway reached home by 10.45PM with few bio breaks, breakfast & lunch break.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151025_23_20_31_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151025_23_20_35_pro.jpg

Overall my cougar performed flawlessly without any glitches and has hypnotised me to plan more drives in future. Currently the ODO stands at 8449Kms and have a trip planned to Chennai Wednesday and Thursday, will keep updated, till then cya Thanks for reading
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 21:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Cougar had a quick run (736Kms) to Chennai and back. Once again it performed as per expectations and without any glitches.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151029_20_01_39_pro.jpg

Earlier I had reported steering alignment sensor issue and the same was fixed during my early days of ownership, I used cruise control extensively this time and nothing popped up. Hence concluding the issue as resolved

Couple of pics from this trip,

Beautiful view of the hills (not sure of the hills name), it was shot near Hotel Anandhas between Vellore and Krishnagiri where I had stopped for breakfast.

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151028_08_32_18_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151028_08_32_26_pro.jpg

New Saravana Bhavan which has recently opened on NH4 before Kanchipuram turn off while coming from Chennai towards Bangalore

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151029_15_34_41_pro.jpg

Current mileage of my cougar,

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151029_20_01_29_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151029_20_01_45_pro.jpg

500Kms short of second service Another trip coming up to my native(Madikeri) on November 2nd week which would add another 700 odd kms to the ODO. Will get the service done post that.

I am really surprised by the kind of running I am doing and I dint expect it as my previous car had reached 10K by end of 2 years
fusionbang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yet another milestone reached and at an unbelievable span of time. I am really dumbfounded on seeing the mileage I am putting in with this cheetah within 6 months of purchase. I used to do the service yearly once in my Santro without much mileage on the ODO, but I am afraid that I need to leave my car for service very often with this kind of running. Nevertheless the beast is born to run and it will

Magic Number -

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151105_09_25_43_pro.jpg

Second Milestone -

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151105_09_30_16_pro.jpg

PS: Saturday I am off to a family trip for one week, will be visiting my native for festival and have planned to Dharmasthala and Kukke in between.
fusionbang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Cougar is back from the second free service and it looks like it has become more smoother than before and the gear shifting has become smooth too.

Total Cost - 2350/-

1. Maps updated to V9.0
2. AC Filters changed
3. Maxicare Engine Coating System
4. Maxicare Klima Fresh (A/C)

I was told No 3 & 4 was for the AC cleaning, can anybody help me with detailed description of what exactly is done here.

Washing & Cleaning of the car was not up to the mark and I am not happy with the washing part. Overall the service experience was good.

Service Bill -

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151105_17_33_56_pro.jpg

A/C Filter(Old One) -

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151105_17_32_39_pro.jpg

V9.0 Maps -

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151105_18_14_44_pro.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:34   #80
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
These two items are not at all required. I instruct the RM to write it specifically on the job-card to that effect. In spite of that, they did some engine care and charged ₹ 700 in the 40 k km service. I spent ₹ 1,463 including ₹ 350 towards consumable charges for the 10 k km service with India Garage, Chennai.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:42   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They use Maxicare spray on the engine bay that creates a shiny-tiny coat on all the visible parts in the engine bay. Oily thingie. Makes things easier to clean. With just a air blow you will see the dust in the engine bay falling off. Lasts for around 6-8 months. Not required but no harm if you do. Costs merely 500Rs or so I think.

The A/C cleaning - not sure if you need it unless you have complained about any A/C smell or fungus etc in the air outlets?

Basically both these things are not required, but not much dent on pocket anyway.

Last edited by abirnale : 5th November 2015 at 18:44.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
These two items are not at all required. I instruct the RM to write it specifically on the job-card to that effect. In spite of that, they did some engine care and charged ₹ 700 in the 40 k km service. I spent ₹ 1,463 including ₹ 350 towards consumable charges for the 10 k km service with India Garage, Chennai.
Is it? Then I should I have consulted you before going for service Anyway will do it from next time. Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
They use Maxicare spray on the engine bay that creates a shiny-tiny coat on all the visible parts in the engine bay. Oily thingie. Makes things easier to clean. With just a air blow you will see the dust in the engine bay falling off. Lasts for around 6-8 months. Not required but no harm if you do. Costs merely 500Rs or so I think.

The A/C cleaning - not sure if you need it unless you have complained about any A/C smell or fungus etc in the air outlets?

Basically both these things are not required, but not much dent on pocket anyway.
Thanks for the info Avinash. From next time will be sure to take care of such things.

Last edited by fusionbang : 5th November 2015 at 18:46.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Sorry all forgot to mention the service center, the service was done at Sureesh Auto, Bangalore. RM was Mr. Tilak who is really helpful and handles the customers really well. Fortunate to have a good reputed service center closeby, lucky enough
Old 18th November 2015, 21:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

1000Kms after second service was really adventurous with the cougar visiting Coorg, going through some narrow roads and navigating through sharp turns. The car behaved perfectly and did not come across a single niggle

On couple of occasions with 7 on board it climbed the loose gravel roads comfortably and without losing traction. I was really impressed with this behavior and now the confidence in me has reached next level to take this beast to any terrain (not to extreme conditions though).

Not much to write about, but will post some pictures with my cheetah.

Can anybody make out what it looks like?
The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_3473.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_3525.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_3529.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_3534.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-img_3760.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151107_15_13_38_pro.jpg

The Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV5OO W8. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20151107_15_13_59_pro.jpg

I am waiting for the rains to go away completely to get my car treated at 3M to get the shine back. Hope will get it done this weekend.
fusionbang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 22:08   #85
BHPian

Nice pics Sunay!

Quote:
I am waiting for the rains to go away completely to get my car treated at 3M to get the shine back. Hope will get it done this weekend.
The forecast is for rains till at least mid next week. You may have to wait until then.
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 12:16   #86
adu
BHPian

Definitely wait till end of next week, weather not expected to clear till then as mentioned by Achyu.

On a similar note,I came back last week from a trip to Jayapura and Virajpet. My XUV looks like it has just come back from a rally through coffee estates! Can't see it in the condition it is in, but with the incessant rain have not bothered washing. Looking forward to the weather clearing up so that I can take it for a full wash and wax!
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 14:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
The forecast is for rains till at least mid next week. You may have to wait until then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Definitely wait till end of next week, weather not expected to clear till then as mentioned by Achyu.
I think this would be the right time to utilize the Monsoon Wash coupon I really don't like to see my car dirty for a long time, hence tomorrow I will be going with the monsoon wash and later when rain stops will go to 3M for the wash and wax. This way the car looks neat and the mud deposits will not dim the black color of plastic claddings.
Old 19th November 2015, 15:04   #88
adu
BHPian

Quote:
I think this would be the right time to utilize the Monsoon Wash coupon.
Glad you mentioned that offer Sunay, had forgotten about that. Looks like I now have a reason to get it washed immediately .
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 11:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Glad you mentioned that offer Sunay, had forgotten about that. Looks like I now have a reason to get it washed immediately .
Got my cheetah washed today from Sireesh Auto, Rajajinagar. Now the car loks spick and span I am very much relieved that the car looks neat and I can utilize my mind somewhere else
Old 20th November 2015, 13:09   #90
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Got my cheetah washed today from Sireesh Auto, Rajajinagar. Now the car loks spick and span I am very much relieved that the car looks neat and I can utilize my mind somewhere else
Ditto, just got mine washed at Sireesh JP Nagar (quick service point) and boy does it feel good. Had a free morning, so did not waste any time .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks