Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 02:18   #61
BHPian

Congratulations on being elite-ened!
Might I suggest you to try and press the 'USB' button to pause the songs being played by a flash drive? That's how it works on my Beat. Found that after a year
Old 10th November 2014, 12:46   #62
BHPian

Re: Mumblings of a Nomad: The i20 “Elite”ment diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Congratulations on being elite-ened!
Might I suggest you to try and press the 'USB' button to pause the songs being played by a flash drive? That's how it works on my Beat. Found that after a year
Thanks for the wishes and the tip.

However we have only a "media" button available in the HU. I did try randomly fiddling around with the various buttons during my initial days without any success.

Just to ensure that I didn't miss anything, gave it another shot this weekend. Nada! no success.
Old 12th November 2014, 21:31   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Thanks for the wishes and the tip.

However we have only a "media" button available in the HU. I did try randomly fiddling around with the various buttons during my initial days without any success.

Just to ensure that I didn't miss anything, gave it another shot this weekend. Nada! no success.
Awww. Snap. Anyway, hopefully you'll find it, and I'm positive Hyundai must have included such a basic feature. You'll keep getting surprises till a year or two to come.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 11:57   #64

Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Congratulations on your new buy !!

A very nice write up with some great pictures. Nice choice of color too

A quick question.. I believe the elite i20 does not come with door auto lock feature, does Hyundai provide this as an option/accessory? I'm planning to buy the Elite i20 in January.
adithya016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 13:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya016 View Post

A quick question.. I believe the elite i20 does not come with door auto lock feature, does Hyundai provide this as an option/accessory? I'm planning to buy the Elite i20 in January.
Hi

The Elite i20 or for that matter Grandi10 or Xcent, none of them have auto locking

To frustrate you more, all of them does have auto unlocking, the moment you stop the car engine. This could be dangerous at STOP signals etc.

Add more frustration, In Elite you can program auto unlocking-ON-OFF (not present in Grand & Xcent) using MID but no option for switching ON auto locking.

However in Elite the central locking button is in the placed at Centre console and it blinks, if any of the door is unlocked.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 16:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:

My Sports (O) model does not have any auto lock options. Not sure if there is an option to set it via the MID options, as the MID options are only there on top Asta model.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 16:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you. I guess Wanderers has answered the question for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi

The Elite i20 or for that matter Grandi10 or Xcent, none of them have auto locking

To frustrate you more, all of them does have auto unlocking, the moment you stop the car engine. This could be dangerous at STOP signals etc.

Add more frustration, In Elite you can program auto unlocking-ON-OFF (not present in Grand & Xcent) using MID but no option for switching ON auto locking.

However in Elite the central locking button is in the placed at Centre console and it blinks, if any of the door is unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
My Sports (O) model does not have any auto lock options. Not sure if there is an option to set it via the MID options, as the MID options are only there on top Asta model.

The Asta variant has an option via MID to enable/ disable auto-UNlock. If only HMIL had included the auto-lock also along with

Auto-unlock = central lock turns off once you switch off the engine.

The "blink" added to the central locking button is nifty. However you would notice it only if you were really looking for it.

I have made it a habit to lock the car before I move after starting the car, sort of a routine that follows right after I put the seat belt on. So no major complaints on this front.

Last edited by vinjosep : 26th November 2014 at 16:50.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 22:56   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi

Thank you Wanderers !!
It is indeed strange and frustrating that Hyundai has missed such a key feature in the long list of features which they offer but the elite i20 is still a great VFM.
adithya016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 20:22   #69
BHPian

Odo now stands beyond 7300 km.

Fuel efficiency within the city is now ~16kmpl based on a tank-to-tank measurement today. Of course the ACC remains always on throughout.

Turbo feels as if it kicks in at various rpms for different gears. However, at times the turbo lag is evident. Sedate driving though does not evoke any complaints.

Headlamps can definitely do with more throw for the low beam and more intensity for the high beam. Current setup feels a compromise.

Body roll is very much evident over bad roads. Fortunately no bobbing vertical movements.

Thankfully, touchwood, no other niggles spotted so far. Ignorance, after all, is a bliss

Last edited by vinjosep : 30th November 2014 at 20:47.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 22:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

Turbo feels as if it kicks in at various rpms for different gears. However, at times the turbo lag is evident. Sedate driving though does not evoke any complaints.
Typical turbo diesel power delivery. My GT does the same all the time.
Funnily enough my car seems to have better pick up in 4th and 5th gear than in 3rd and 2nd. Throttle response is unpredictable to say the least. Don't get me wrong, it is never slow by any means at any time. Just varying levels of fastness, that's all.

Wish you many more happy miles in what definitely is the best looking hatchback currently sold in our country.
nakul0888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 09:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Typical turbo diesel power delivery. My GT does the same all the time. Funnily enough my car seems to have better pick up in 4th and 5th gear than in 3rd and 2nd. Throttle response is unpredictable to say the least. Don't get me wrong, it is never slow by any means at any time. Just varying levels of fastness, that's all.

Wish you many more happy miles in what definitely is the best looking hatchback currently sold in our country.
Thanks for the wishes.

Yes, the turbo seem to have a mind of its own at times. There is that slight hint of a lag just when you wish the car to go faster and its all power when you least need it..... It's all in my mind, I guess.
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan
I found (see attachment) the Bluetooth guide for new i20 on the Hyundai website with list of Phones and features supported. Have a look.
Are not Other phones not mentioned here supported by the HU? How to find out whether a particular phone is supported by a particular HU?

Sorry for one liner.

EDIT: -
Can you please provide the link through which you got this file?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 2nd December 2014 at 14:22. Reason: As above.
Old 2nd December 2014, 22:40   #73

Hi, All

My first post here. PFA the required file. Apologize, for the attachment as I did not have the url anymore.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HMIE_VMD_IB_AUDIO_20140805.pdf (2.00 MB, 522 views)
Old 21st December 2014, 10:25   #74
BHPian

HI vinjosep, a quick update of the HID lights update. they have improved the night visibility a lot. one problem though persists the low beam throws light too low at the highest setting and the high beam is very high. the work around keep the low beam at the highest setting and while using the high beam bring it down a level.

added plus the car looks a lot cooler at night.
Old 21st December 2014, 13:08   #75
BHPian

Brilliant narrative interlaced with witty lines. I've never read a thread so attentively and enjoyed so much. It felt like going through it along with you.
Hyundai amazes me with their attention to detail and service. Wish you a very happy journey ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks