Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 20:05   #256

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Hi Guys, I am in the mids of deciding to buy the Pajero Sport or the Toyota Fortuner, have gone through the other threads here. Made up my mind on the PS. But some queries I have before I finalise, have any of you had any major break downs, if yes what were the reasons for such a break down, what is the cost of maintenance say: oil and filter change, Fuel Filter Change and the cost of a set of break pads. Would sincerely appreciate your honest inputs.
Old 4th April 2016, 23:08   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am in the mids of deciding to buy the Pajero Sport or the Toyota Fortuner, have gone through the other threads here. Made up my mind on the PS
At the risk of being sounding as a Ford fanboy , do take a back to back test drive with new Endeavour. Pajero & Fortuner are at fag end & does feel that way once you sit in endeavour , I had some great experience with Pajero Sports - SFX but Dealer screwed up parts - not any breakdown or something just the basic service parts fitted were fake and present dealerships are not getting any better for Mitsubishi rather at many places including Mumbai it can be a problem , if you are worried about maintenance charges and want to keep your vehicle for long stick with Toyota.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 09:49   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoky View Post
Made up my mind on the PS..
Great choice I say. It is a vehicle with a lot of character.

Quote:
But some queries I have before I finalise, have any of you had any major break downs, if yes what were the reasons for such a break down,
Let me the first to pitch in here. The Pajero Sport/Triton's reliability is a given and there are no examples of untimely breakdowns of these vehicles anywhere.

Coming to the Indian context, I have seen Pajero Sports' crossed 2.5 lac km on the odo with no roadside breakdowns except general maintenance.
Quote:
what is the cost of maintenance say: oil and filter change, Fuel Filter Change and the cost of a set of break pads. Would sincerely appreciate your honest inputs.
The oil and oil filter change costs around 4000 INR, the fuel filter costs 1800 INR, brake pads cost around 10k for all the four wheels.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 09:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I am in the mids of deciding to buy the Pajero Sport or the Toyota Fortuner, have gone through the other threads here. Made up my mind on the PS. But some queries I have before I finalise, have any of you had any major break downs, if yes what were the reasons for such a break down, what is the cost of maintenance say: oil and filter change, Fuel Filter Change and the cost of a set of break pads. Would sincerely appreciate your honest inputs.
New Fortuner and Pajero should come to India soon. Do wait or look at the new Ford too.
New Fortuner's ride quality wont be much better than the current one's as per the reports.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 17:48   #260

I don't think the new pajero will be coming to India soon, when I booked my beast there were some engineers from the HM plant from chennai, and their indication was that mitsubishi is not in a hurry to bring the new pajero to India.
Other query to esteemed members is that I too want to get the cruise control fitted, help needed.
Old 10th April 2016, 22:25   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
I don't think the new pajero will be coming to India soon, when I booked my beast there were some engineers from the HM plant from chennai, and their indication was that mitsubishi is not in a hurry to bring the new pajero to India.
Other query to esteemed members is that I too want to get the cruise control fitted, help needed.
Yes. Sometime in 2017 as I am told.
Old 11th April 2016, 07:52   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
New Fortuner and Pajero should come to India soon. Do wait or look at the new Ford too..
We hope they will, but neither Toyota nor Mitsubishi seems to be in any hurry to bring the latest iteration of their products to India.

All the news reports we read, suggest a 2017 launch.

Mitsubishi needs o ditch HM and venture out on their own.
Old 19th April 2016, 09:49   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
I have it fitted on Chetak and can help you. Since you are a newbie and hence cannot send or receive PMs yet, can you please send me an email at n.devdath@gmail.com?
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:24   #264

Second Service

Got the second service done today. No where close to the 10,000 kms they asked for but being just a tad over 6 months qualified me.

- Air Filter, K & N (off amazon) installed
- Air Cond. filter installed
- Engine oil change - Synthetic oil
- MUT finally happened and that niggling air bag light is now reset.

cruise control is apparently on its way and hoping to get it installed this month itself.

Something caught my eye at the dealership today. The new stock of Pajeros are coming with black alloys with a catchy red Mitsubishi logo in the center. quite similar to what the Fortuner guys had done a while back. All the cars that sported the new wheels were white so I couldn't make my mind straight away if they would look good on my Silver Pajero. I plan to go and have a look again once they get a silver model. Must say, am quite keen to get them.

cheers!
Rahul
Old 4th May 2016, 17:13   #265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul27d View Post
Got the second service done today.
What did the service cost you? Can you post a copy of the bill here? Would be good to know. How was the service experience?
Old 5th May 2016, 13:45   #266
BHPian

Hello people,

To start with, I apologize for hijacking your thread Anshuman.

Happy to say that I am part of the Pajero sport club.

Bought a Himalayan white, 4 x 4 MT about a week ago making an almost 30 year old dream a reality.

I must thank Dev, Anshuman, Satpal and all the others here on this forum (pardon me for not mentioning the names) and all other forums for their inputs and reviews which made it easy in the end for me to decide on this truck over the competition.

Special mention to Dev for all his efforts and time which he did so selflessly right from jotting down points that eventually convinced me to getting in touch with appropriate personnel and such.

Was indeed a pleasure to have been in touch with you Dev over the phone but as explained, it did not go as planned. I hope I am excused.

Please take a bow.

Here is a picture of my ride the day it rolled out of the showroom.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-20160420_114348.jpg  

anvara is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 13:43   #267

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Heres the copy of the bill.
The service experience was very good. The crew was fast and efficient and the car was ready much before I expected it to be.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462522405.377410.jpg
rahul27d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 22:27   #268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Please take a bow.
Congratulations....!!!

I also guess it is time you started your own ownership report of the PS since it is a 30 year dream fulfilled for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul27d View Post
Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Heres the copy of the bill.
Hey, great to know that you are happy with the service experience. Also, apart from that windshield washer fluid, the dealer hasnt added any other additives, which is good. In case you wish to save some more money at the next service, tell the dealer to use normal mineral oil instead of synthetic oil. That way your bill should be under INR 5k.
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:19   #269
BHPian

Pajero Sport lovers, fellow auto enthusiasts

Am looking for a HUD (Heads up Display), and have found one listed at rogermotors: http://www.rogermotors.com/safety/up...11-47741888411

Wanted to seek any experts views on this, and if this will work with the Pajero Sports at all?
Old 25th May 2016, 06:41   #270
BHPian

Anshuman, Devnath, Imran Ahmad Ali - a used Pajero Sport (Feb 2015 model) joined my stable recently and I just can't wipe the chimpanzee grin off my face every time I get behind the wheel! Devnath probably knows this car. The K&N/BMC air filter and AC cabin filter are on my list the next time I take it to the service station.
Prozac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks