Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:16   #316
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you sure it was the MAT sensor and not the MAF sensor?
Yes. At least that is what was being displayed on the laptop. Also, the mechanic was putting back the air filter while I reached the scene - my assumption is that MAT sensor was somewhere inside it maybe?
Old 5th March 2017, 14:56   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations....!!!

I also guess it is time you started your own ownership report of the PS since it is a 30 year dream fulfilled for you.
@n.devdath I have booked a Pajero Sport Limited Edition (cruise control, fridge, headrest screens, black top) and delivery is somewhere next weekend or so. Is there anything that you suggest I should look out for before delivery especially in PDI ? As also I am planning to accessorise the car with DRLs in fog lamp, change the stock horn to trumpet horn and I am getting them done at the dealership. Your valuable inputs would be appreciated.
Old 5th March 2017, 15:58   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Is there anything that you suggest I should look out for before delivery especially in PDI ?
Replied to your PM.

The PDI of the PS is very important since most of it is literally hand assembled at the plant, which is good and bad.

A few aspects that you must check are all the fluid levels (Chetak had only water in his cooling system from the plant), paint finish, especially on the doors, the tailgate and the wheel arches, the fitment of the sound system (since it is done by the dealer) and its functioning and the stepney fitment.

The rest is generally ok since the vehicle per se is made using good quality components.

Let me know if you need any more pointers.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 17:47   #319
BHPian

Quote:
The PDI of the PS is very important since most of it is literally hand assembled at the plant, which is good and bad.

A few aspects that you must check are all the fluid levels (Chetak had only water in his cooling system from the plant), paint finish, especially on the doors, the tailgate and the wheel arches, the fitment of the sound system (since it is done by the dealer) and its functioning and the stepney fitment.

The rest is generally ok since the vehicle per se is made using good quality components.
Those are some valuable pointers and will keep in mind while doing PDI. This is the Auto transmission model and I couldn't find any reviews of the same anywhere. Do we have anyone in the forum who own the auto model.
Old 8th March 2017, 11:07   #320
BHPian

Gurus, I came across the Race Dynamics Dieseltronics system and am curious to know the pros and cons. A friend has installed it in his Pajero and seems to be having fun. Pros are obviously a more pleasurable driving experience and possibly better mileage. Am wary of what the cons might be - apart from voiding warranty. Any pointers, please?
Old 19th March 2017, 06:57   #321
Team-BHP Support

Spent 2 hours reading through one of the most comprehensive threads on the Pajero sport. The reason I ended up doing it is obvious. My elder brother is contemplating on picking up a Pajero sport from the pre-worshipped market. We evaluated a 2014 car done close to 46000km on the odo. Verified that the mileage is genuine.

What should we factor in for immediate maintenance on the car? We drove it for about 40kms and found the car to be in good nick. The clutch is super hard. At idle when you disengage the clutch, the engine clatter goes up. Makes me believe that the release bearing is noisy. Is there a way to soften the clutch (bleeding?). The other issue is slightly soiled interiors and door pads. If we end up purchasing the car, we were thinking of replacing the entire carpet. Would it be available easily? What's the expected damage to the pocket?

Saw some useful mods like the cruise control and DRL installs. How much does it cost to get these two fitted? We were also thinking of getting roof / headrest mounted screens to keep the kids entertained. Any tips on that front?

Thanks!
Old 19th March 2017, 13:00   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Am wary of what the cons might be - apart from voiding warranty. Any pointers, please?
Nothing else as long as you install a free flow filter (which you already have). Also, you might see a slightly greater amount of smoke during hard acceleration with the box, but that is nothing to worry about.
Old 1st May 2017, 09:36   #323
BHPian

As this is THE thread of the PS both for owners as well as future owners, posting this here.
Mods, if this does not meet forum rules, please delete.

We are relocating outside of India and I am selling my Pajero Sport 4x2 AT 2015 model. I have posted the AD with photos on the TBHP classifieds for more details.
Please inbox me if you know someone who might be interested. The vehicle has run only 17200 Kms and has zero dep insurance with no claim.
Old 7th May 2017, 05:52   #324
BHPian

Good luck with the move, Vipul. Will pass the word around for your truck!
Old 13th May 2017, 09:00   #325
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman! I just sold the vehicle to a very nice gentleman who is really passionate about it and I know will really take good care of him.
I will remain a follower of this thread though!
Old 16th May 2017, 17:12   #326
BANNED

A dear friend and a passionate owner has decided to upgrade to the next segment.

A vehicle I can vouch for.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ro-Sport.html/
Old 16th May 2017, 19:25   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Ghastly Color though .
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 20:09   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Ghastly Color though .
Nothing that a quick wrap job wont fix though...some of these guys do an absolute fantastic job.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:43   #329

Good day bhpians, my friend is mulling over buying a new SUV. He is very much interested in the new pajero, any idea when will it be launched here in India.
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:08   #330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
He is very much interested in the new pajero, any idea when will it be launched here in India.
Not before Q-2 next year. The petrol Outlander though, is around the corner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks