Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2019, 12:03   #361
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ@Mariner View Post
Hi,
I am planning to change my stock Pahero Sport tyres. What are best options available.
I have below brand options in my mind.
Bridgestone, MRF wanderer, Michelin and Continental.

Kindly advise which of the above brands should I go for it any others.

Thank you

Joslyn

Check the below link, I would recommend Michelin LTX Force tyres if you are looking for AT tyres. I am totally happy with them.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4518102 (Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched)
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 16:32   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been holding a 2012 original Thai lot Pajero Sport for the last 4 months.

A few details on the car:

kms at purchase 1,36,800
kms now 1,39,500
maintenance Rs.1450 for a coolant change (used Servo Kool Plus Long Life Coolant)

1. Commanding view of the road
2. Brilliant fuel efficiency
3. Zero fatigue even after 10 hours at the wheel
4. Great drive-ability and a great highway sprinter - the 2.5L 4D56 engine is a jewel
5. Good brakes
6. Fantastic turning radius
7. Rough road expert

Dislikes:

1. Hard clutch
2. Dashboard rattle

On point no.2, here are some statistics

a. AC on at 100 kmph on highway 13.5 kmpl
b. AC off at 90 kmph on highway 15.5-16.0 kmpl
c. AC off at 70-75kmph on highway 19.5 kmpl
d. City with AC 11.5-12.5 kmpl based on traffic.
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:19   #363

I am proud to say I have recently upgraded myself to Pajero Sportz with below details.
Manufacture: 2014
Model Parejo Sports Anniversary edition
Driven KMs: - 17k (Yes it’s genuine and I knew the owner)
Am second owner.
I was not a 4*4 Person but owned a Scorpio and Ritz in my previous stint, Now that I am part of the group I would be looking at 4*4 meetups to explore its capability and raw power, I had been to few Bangalore meetups before but had off late got busy with work and couldn’t catchup, Now I would like renew my passion with my 4*4 and get back where I had left off. Looking forward to a bumpy experience 
Now coming to the vehicle by itself, everything is fine but when the vehicle in idle condition, there is increase and decrease of acceleration automatically, what should l look for, any recommendations where I should get this sorted out, When the vehicle is in motion there is no such problem as such.
Regards/AV
aadyavinay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 08:54   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadyavinay View Post
when the vehicle in idle condition, there is increase and decrease of acceleration automatically
Just 17k in over 5 years is very very low usage.

What is the range in which the rpm fluctuates at idle?

Do you experience this when the engine is warm, or only during cold start up?
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:42   #365

Yes Vigsom,

The car was rarely used.I bought it from a known contact so confident of its ODO

The RPM fluctuates at range from 1-5.

I have this problem in warm and cold startup.

Any help will be of great help.

Regards/AV
aadyavinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 17:51   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Please post clear pictures of your engine bay similar to pics no. 2 and 4 of post 54 of this thread.

Since you say that the issue occurs only at start up, I can only think that the final air inlet hose needs removal to see how the inlet port looks like.
Old 19th June 2020, 22:00   #367
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
I am proud to say I have recently upgraded myself to Pajero Sport with below details.
Am second owner
A little late but yes, congratulations! Even I am considering an upgrade to Pajero Sport (but AT) sometime this year (once I manage to get rid of the Superb). I have planned some mods as well (Bi-LED projector retrofits, 360 camera, stage 1 remap, etc.). I intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5-7 years. Seeing how unsure the position of Mitsubishi is in India right now, I'm not very confident on company service and spares availability. Could you shed some light on the same?

Thanks!
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:55   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
A little late but yes, congratulations! Even I am considering an upgrade to Pajero Sport (but AT) sometime this year (once I manage to get rid of the Superb). I have planned some mods as well (Bi-LED projector retrofits, 360 camera, stage 1 remap, etc.). I intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5-7 years. Seeing how unsure the position of Mitsubishi is in India right now, I'm not very confident on company service and spares availability. Could you shed some light on the same?

Thanks!
Yes,Everything's perfect except the servicing side of it,Its expensive and not worth what they bill.What i got was fully loaded anniversary edition and previous owner had got all modifications done,HID,Audio Etc.Even dieselelectronics added to it ,But i had it removed since i was not sure of its performance and also was vary of side effect having it for long time.I am doing with SVR automobiles service but now looking at alternates and known contact for future.

Regards/Vinay
aadyavinay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:38   #369
BHPian

Quote:
I am doing with SVR automobiles service but now looking at alternates and known contact for future
Could you ask your contacts and let me know if Mitsubishi is staying back in India? I'm down to two choices now. Fortuner AT (4x2) and Pajero Sport AT.
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:04   #370
BHPian

I have recently picked up a Pajero Sports AT with 30k on ODO. Looking at upgrading a lot many things within and outside.

I shall be posting more information on the upgrades as it happens.
aditbelw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 04:27   #371
BHPian

Probably bringing life to the dead
I'm considering of adding a Pajero Sport in my garage (Yes, open to suggestions of your known vehicles too). My question is how practical is it in today's time? (The maintenance and upgradation scope of the vehicle tech) Is it worth buying over Fortuner 2014-15? (4wd)
Thanks!
vtecblast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 19:20   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecblast View Post
Probably bringing life to the dead
I'm considering of adding a Pajero Sport in my garage (Yes, open to suggestions of your known vehicles too). My question is how practical is it in today's time? (The maintenance and upgradation scope of the vehicle tech) Is it worth buying over Fortuner 2014-15? (4wd)
Thanks!
I purchased a Pajero Sport recently after test driving many pre-owned Fortuners & even the latest generation Ford Endeavour, which I was initially inclined towards.

Then came the value for money proposition in the used car segment and I opted for the Pajero Sport. Glad to have made this decision as the drivability of this vehicle surpasses many folds in comparison to Toyota and very close to the Endeavour. What I love about this is the fact that it's an old school SUV yet fun to drive.

It misses out on many gizmos offered by Ford, not a necessity though, but fun to have.

If you have made up your mind, then I would suggest go for it !

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2021 at 07:26. Reason: Typos
aditbelw is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th February 2021, 16:42   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecblast View Post
I'm considering of adding a Pajero Sport in my garage (Yes, open to suggestions of your known vehicles too). My question is how practical is it in today's time?
A pre-owned Pajero Sport is amazing VFM, given poor resale value. It is a gem of a vehicle, lovely to drive both on road and off it. A few words of caution:
  • Manual transmission variant is notorious for a super-heavy clutch, so please test-drive it in city traffic before you put in your money. If primary usage is on highways, should not be a major issue.
  • Mitsubishi after-sales service is pathetic, at least here in Bangalore. Do get hold of a good local mechanic/garage in your area.
  • Spares will be expensive and will have a considerable lead-time for procurement. Do account for the same.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th February 2021 at 16:44.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:47   #374
BHPian

[*]Manual transmission variant is notorious for a super-heavy clutch, so please test-drive it in city traffic before you put in your money. If primary usage is on highways, should not be a major issue.

This was the primary reason I went with an AT. The manual clutch can give serious knee issue over time.

However, A/T only come with RWD and ironically the rear brakes are drums in this version while Manual get rear disks, what a strange decision.

Another deciding factor between Manual and A/T is the torque : Manual 400NM and Automatic 350 NM, this they claim is due to the reason that Manual is 100 Kilos heavier than the A/T cousin.

I have heard that a ECU remap which costs about 30,000 for PS will bump the BHP to 210 from stock 178 and torque about 450 .
aditbelw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 13:24   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
This was the primary reason I went with an AT. The manual clutch can give serious knee issue over time.
Hallo! Could you pen down an ownership review for the AT if possible because there isn't one here at all? My purchase has been pushed to 2022-23 but I still have it in my list because it looks gorgeous and that 2.5L sounds really good when pedal to the floor. :3

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks