Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 17:33   #31
BANNED

Re: Buying experience, and all that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
2012, I suppose the 2012 models would be quoting atleast 17lacs.
Well, Punjab and Chandigarh have pretty low road taxes and hence the on-road prices too would have been cheaper compared to Bangalore, for example.

As a rough idea, you should be able to negotiate around 20-27% of the on-road price paid by the buyer in 2012 for the vehicle for a well maintained less than 50k km done accident free vehicle with a clean service history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Also what is the average maintenance/service costs of the Pajero Sport? How does it compare to Fortuner on that front?
Service costs are around 15% greater than the Fortuner primarily because ALL components (filters, brake pads, gaskets) are imported and Mitsubishi recommends Mobil-1 for the Pajero, which is a premium lubricant.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 17:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
BUT, would you really be able to/want to load 700kgs on it?
n.devdath,

700 Kg of load is good as a vehicle ferrying 7 full grown adults 6'x" tall. And trust me, power loss is prominent only on gradients. I say so because I haul half a ton load of my manufactured goods in my relatively under powered Scorpio almost everyday, although carrying it for no more than 8 Km.

I also remember this fellow TBHP member who has a Pajero Sport and hauls potatoes in his SUV from his farm near Baddi, HP to some other location. I'm sure you'd be aware of that fellow, I'm not able to recall his handle.
Old 1st October 2014, 18:02   #33
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
[*]Pajero Sport, on the other hand - does seem like they have actually listened to the customer and made welcome changes to the legendary Pajero SFX on almost all fronts, while retaining the strengths. They brought on the Anniversary Edition which enhanced the nice features – so while the dealership network is thin, the company seems to be listening in.
?
Quote:
[*]The legendary Pajero lineage, along with improved engine and mileage over SFX. Gives ~10 kpl in city and upto 12 kpl on the highways, maybe more with slightly sedate driving.
Quote:
The spare wheel is tucked under the boot, which is different from the earlier Pajero SFX which had the spare wheel on the boot door. While it takes away some bit of the character of the car, it does lower the center of gravity and reduces the body roll.
A very good review must say, but hope u wouldn't mind me pointing out that even though the Pajero Sport (called Mitsubishi Nativa elsewhere) is a derivative of the 2nd gen Pajero (Pajero SFX), it really cant be called an evolution of the Pajero (as I could make out from your review. No?!).

Pajero has evolved into the Montero, which is in a different league altogether and it's fanboys call it "Landcruiser repair kit"

Please feel free to correct/enlighten me.
wheeledsoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 18:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
A very good review must say, but hope u wouldn't mind me pointing out that even though the Pajero Sport (called Mitsubishi Nativa elsewhere) is a derivative of the 2nd gen Pajero (Pajero SFX), it really cant be called an evolution of the Pajero (as I could make out from your review. No?!).

Pajero has evolved into the Montero, which is in a different league altogether and it's fanboys call it "Landcruiser repair kit"

Please feel free to correct/enlighten me.
Yup the Pajero Sport is known as the Nativa in South america and Challenger in Australia and based on the Triton Pickup truck just like the fortuner is based on the Hilux truck

the real deal Pajero (Dakkar Valley) is the Montero. The SFX was also the real deal but many many years behind..and having sat in both the PS is far more comfortable as the suspension seems to be improved.

The gearbox/drive system is I believe the same as the montero
sh@rpshooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 19:42   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
700 Kg of load is good as a vehicle ferrying 7 full grown adults 6'x" tall.
If that is your requirement, carrying 7 or 8 100kg adults, the Pajero Sport will do it without breaking into a sweat, easily.
However, there is a lot of difference between people, whose weight is optimally spread all over the vehicle and cargo.

So, while the Sport will also carry a ton of cargo easily, I would not subject it to it unless a life of limb is at stake. You may, if you wish to.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 21:03   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Anshuman.

That is indeed a fairly comprehensive review complimented well with pictures of your truck.

Looking forward to hearing more on your ownership experience as you crunch miles in this beauty of a beast
Old 1st October 2014, 21:06   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Anshuman

Enjoyed reading your review. Agree with sh@rpshooter, very nice pictures.
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:29   #38
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2014 at 10:44.
SanScorpio is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd October 2014, 10:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice! It is rare to see a "new" Mitsubishi vehicle on the road nowadays. Congrats on your new acquisition and the nicely written review. Parts would not be an issue, because the car still sells (though in trickling numbers). Somehow the Fortuner never really appeals to me also, though it ticks 99% of the boxes in the right way.

Did your wife drive your Pajero too?
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:19   #40
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Anshuman and also for a well written review.
i drove my brother in laws Pajero Sport a few days and was amazed by its road manners. The only gripe was after two days of driving, just for a few kms, i developed a pain on my left leg. The clutch is really heavy. Having driven safaris i must say this is definitely harder. The vehicle has crossed 19k kilometres and its still very hard. I hope Mitsubishi does something about it. The automatic would be an excellent choice when launched!

Last edited by slackyboy : 2nd October 2014 at 15:20. Reason: spelling.
slackyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:53   #41
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Most spare parts of the Pajero Sport are available with dealers quite readily and ALL genuine spare parts are pretty easily available at Bombay and Delhi at prices cheaper than that of the the dealer. I have the required contacts and would be glad to assist you with any part requirement at any point of time.

Hi Devdath,

I have been looking at the Pajero Sport seriously for a while now & am scheduled to take a test drive shortly.

I have been trying to find out the Gear & Axle Ratio's along with the Low Range ratio in the transfer case in order to find out the Crawl Ratio. Would you be able to throw more light on this please.

Thanks,
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:38   #42
BHPian

Oh My My!

Last two days I have been struggling to find a detailed review of PS. Just sold my BMW 320 D and wanted to buy a SUV. Fortuner seemed the only choice. Did not even know about a Pajero Sport. Wonder if I ever saw one on the roads in Delhi/Noida.

Great Mate. Seems like this is the one I want to go for. Lot of people suggested Santafe, which indeed seems like a great car...but then I guess I want a true blue SUV this time.

Couple of things I wanna know- 1) While I don't except the music system to be great in a SUV, still how would you rate it? 2) I hope the PS comes with a bluetooth connectivity for the cellphones. Does it? How many cellphones I can connect at the same time. Seemingly very small point, but ultra critical for me - a make or break feature.

Anyhow, congrats! Enjoy the ride. And thanks again for a wonderful review.
Aroongupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 19:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post

Couple of things I wanna know- 1) While I don't except the music system to be great in a SUV, still how would you rate it?
Hi Aroon,

We bought the PS over the Fortuner last year. It's completed 15000 odd kilometers and by and large our experience has been good.

The stock music system of the car is rather poor , but I've been spoilt in terms of the quality of stock systems vis-a-vis the Laura. Coming from a 320 D, it may seem like a downgrade to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post

2) I hope the PS comes with a bluetooth connectivity for the cellphones. Does it? How many cellphones I can connect at the same time. Seemingly very small point, but ultra critical for me - a make or break feature.

Anyhow, congrats! Enjoy the ride. And thanks again for a wonderful review.
The head unit does come with Bluetooth connectivity and mike. Since updating my Sony Z1, the system no longer syncs. In fact, I've had a tough time connecting with any Android. It does seem to do fine with the iPhone though. It can remember several phones, I am not sure if it can connect to several at the same time. Trying to speak from the rear seat isn't the best of ideas.

I have followed your other thread and remember a thing or two about your requirements. I would suggest you consider this SUV only if you sit in the front. The seats are infinitely better in the front than the rear (true of any SUV). Also consider spending some money on an aftermarket music system. The PS offers easy installation options and the head unit is an aftermarket one to begin with. It is easily swapped out for something better. We have changed our music system and are considering changing out the head unit as well. In real world conditions, the car performs excellently and is fun to drive.
Finally, have you considered a Land Rover freelander 2? A well equipped one may be in the mid to upper 40's in Delhi. It may also provide the exclusivity and perception you require and will allow you to stretch for a S350 instead of the ML a couple of years down the road. Better Delhi respect now and in the future. What say?

Last edited by imp! : 2nd October 2014 at 20:06.
imp! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 20:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

Finally, have you considered a Land Rover freelander 2? A well equipped one may be in the mid to upper 40's in Delhi. It may also provide the exclusivity and perception you require and will allow you to stretch for a S350 instead of the ML a couple of years down the road. Better Delhi respect now and in the future. What say?
I Say YEAH to the idea sir.

Lemme study/TD and get back.
Old 2nd October 2014, 20:50   #45
BHPian

Congratulations Anshuman, welcome to the PS club.
Wish you lakhs of happy miles with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks