Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2014, 20:22   #61
BANNED

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
is there a full tool kit, apart from the one shown & work light in the rear door area as in the old SFX?
The tool kit is a very basic tire lever, tire spanner, a hydraulic jack with a foldable jack lever and a basic first aid kit. However, there are spaces provided in the under floor storage area for more tools if required.

There is a cabin light for the 3rd row/luggage area. And yes, there is a charging point in the third row which can be used to hook up a work light if required.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 23:11   #62
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is 3.917.
Does this solve your technical queries?
Many thanks & apologies for being persistent. It's just that I was unable to find this information on any other forum/medium.
Old 6th October 2014, 01:04   #63
BHPian

I TDed the vehicle today. My impressions are posted here -
Aroongupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 19:05   #64
BHPian

So I drove from Bangalore to Chennai and back over the weekend. It was a night drive, with heavy rains on the way back. Was happy to try out the 4x4. Interesting observations:

- I got a mileage of just over 10 kpl. This is at average speed of 100 to 120, over a sitance of 600 kms, with 4x4 working for about 200 kms. AC all the time.
- exceptional stability on the highway. Firm steering. Great comfort for all passengers.
- my wife sat in the last, third row for about 300 kms. She said it was quite a comfortable ride.
- I had a little scare on the way, in an unannounced puddle middle of the highway at night. When I braked, the Pajero Sport came to an easy smooth stop from 80 kph. No one in the car even realized it, my kid continued to be asleep. There was another SUV in the next lane which had a not so smooth experience.
-GPS works nicely. Got me to Chennai addresses without any fuss. Set the announcement to Hindi, had a lot of fun listening to directions. Of course, this is a tribute to MapmyIndia, possibly the most no fuss GPS system. Worked slightly better than Google map in my opinion.

All in all, very happy with the purchase so far! My first service is due now, will post reviews soon.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. PS, ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 9th October 2014 at 12:14. Reason: Mod note put up.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 00:12   #65

I have owned a PS for the last 6 months and Boy hasn't it been fun. Congratulations Anshuman on your buy. I get a consistent 10kmpl in the city & 11kmpl on the expressway.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th October 2014 at 13:08. Reason: Name is Anshuman, not Avinash. :)
smokyace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 11:02   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyace View Post
I get a consistent 10kmpl in the city & 11kmpl on the expressway.
There's been only one instance where I pushed the beast to its limits while going uphill in the western ghats. It stuck to the road like a leech, didn't flinch at a couple potholes. You don't even notice the Indian peculiarity called "speed humps" where my older Sedan & Hatch used to scrape the bottom.

Overall the road manners for a vehicle this size are superb and my wife often asks me to wipe the perpetual grin off my face while I am driving

Anshuman - great review & a brilliant buy.
smokyace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 12:34   #67
BHPian

Congrats on your new Pajero! A Pajero will always make heads turn, its in a league of its own.
Srikji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:15   #68
BHPian

Re: Buying experience, and all that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post

I have been looking at the Pajero Sport seriously for a while now & am scheduled to take a test drive shortly.
Hey AAD, how did your test drive go? Looks like Devdath has updated all the technical info already (he has interesting sources!) - keen to see how things are progressing with you.
Old 9th October 2014, 14:22   #69
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hey AAD, how did your test drive go? Looks like Devdath has updated all the technical info already (he has interesting sources!) - keen to see how things are progressing with you.
Hi Anshuman,

Firstly, belated congratulations on your best buy. I should have done this before asking Devdath the technical queries on your post. But then such is the passion that Pajero evokes

The TD will happen on Monday next week since the TD vehicle was not available on the day scheduled earlier. I plan on a longish TD for about 2-3 hrs to test its On Road manners & Off Road capabilities. Not that I have much doubts about it.

Is it just me or the fact that I am scheduled to drive a Pajero Sport shortly, but it seems there are more Pajero Sport's on the road & over the last 2 days, I came across 4-5 Pajero Sport in and around Nashik. When one plans on spending nearly 30L, it's heartening to see more like minded auto enthusiasts seconding one's choice.

I read about the Cruise Control DIY done on the Pajero Sport on another forum. I would be interested to do the same, once I go in for the Pajero. The question I have for all Pajero owners or other experts on the forum, is it possible to retrofit Side & Curtain Air Bags on the Indian Pajero Sport?

I currently use Tata Aria Pride 4X4 for my long distance commute because I am comforted by all the safety features available.

Mitsubishi Motors, South Africa does offer these as std. fitment in the Pajero Sport. Please click on this link below to check it out

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.za/v.../pajero-sport/

I for one have never understood why Toyota & Mitsubishi short change Indian consumers with Safety Features, because God knows we need them most here !!
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:15   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
The question I have for all Pajero owners or other experts on the forum, is it possible to retrofit Side & Curtain Air Bags on the Indian Pajero Sport?
Nope. It is too complex and not possible off the factory.

Will wait for your TD impressions.
Old 13th October 2014, 09:48   #71
BHPian

Recent Updates

Updates with the recent experiences:
  1. After the 800 km Bangalore-Chennai roundtrip, the Pajero Sport seems to be performing more smoothly. The clutch has become easier, and the engine revs smoother as well. As per BHP-ian Devdath's updates on this thread and elsewhere, this is expected Pajero Sport behaviour.
  2. Had my first free service done. This is the first month / 1000 km service. This service comprises primarily of all inspections and any top-ups if needed. Total service bill - zero.
  3. Have been reading the owner's manual (finally). Couple of impressive safety features mentioned in the book:
  1. The Pajero Sport has two separate braking circuits, each for front and rear wheels. Hence, even if one circuit fails for some weird reason, one still has the second circuit as backup. This sounds akin to two engines on an airplane - where you get at least partial capability in the unforeseen circumstance that one part malfunctions.
  2. The Pajero Sport has something called the BAS - Brake Assist System. Apparently, this system recognizes sudden and hard press on the brakes, and assists in bringing the vehicle to a faster stop than normal. This is separate from ABS, which is also present in the vehicle.

Dev/other Pajero Sport owners - do share any information or experiences on these above two points.
Old 13th October 2014, 10:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anshuman. A very good choice.

I find that we stay in the same apartment. Hope to meet you soon.
Old 27th October 2014, 10:42   #73
BHPian

Confident on the highways

Had a chance to do Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore over the Diwali weekend, approximately 1500 kms including in-city runs. Observations:
  • Superb brakes: Among the many SUVs I have driven in upto the 30 lakh bracket, the Pajero has possibly the best braking ability. The braking is absolutely linear, no nonsense, no extra tugs or body roll at any speed. You dont even feel its a body on rails when you brake hard, it is as well composed as any sedan. I had parents and kids in the car, even they didnt feel any issues whatsoever whenever we applied hard brakes.
  • 4x4 is a boon: With the rains being what they have in the last couple of weeks, most of my drive was during rains, and one way during the night. I went into 4x4 on the highways when the roads were wet. It was fun to see the vehicle navigate the various puddles on the road at highway speeds. In my other vehicles, all two wheel drives - there is a distinct pull in one direction and resultant steering correction needed while driving when the vehicles cross a pool of water. In the Pajero Sport, I hardly felt any tug in the steering - the vehicle continued in the same way pretty much through any puddles and splashes in 4x4 mode.
  • Cruising speeds: The Bangalore Hyderabad road is a beauty. I cruised at speeds of 120-140 kph pretty effortlessly. I touched 160 kph couple of times, just to check the vehicle's ability. Quite impressed overall.
  • Mileage: Got an average of 10 kpl during this journey, empty tank method.

In summary, this is what I feel about the vehicle:
  • Amazing vehicle on highways, given the points above.
  • Needs getting used to, for city drives - given the RPM/gearing and the heavier steering. But once you bond with the vehicle, it sure is fun!
  • Supposed to be a leader in the off-roading category, something I am looking forward to checking soon.

Cheers.
anshuman_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 20:57   #74
BHPian

It does look like the Pajero Sport fraternity is growing. I have seen brand new ones in my office campus in Bangalore, and also some new ones on the road in the last couple of days.

Like someone very aptly remarked: the new Pajero Sport is much more contemporary than the earlier cousin which was more of an offroading gem. Good to see increasing numbers in our urban jungle of Bangalore!
Old 28th October 2014, 21:41   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Like someone very aptly remarked: the new Pajero Sport is much more contemporary than the earlier cousin which was more of an offroading gem.
That it is.

The SFX, while being an extremely capable vehicle offroad and on it, was stressed when doing speeds in excess of 130kmph consistently while the Sport can cruise at it and more all day long if required.

Also, while the SFX excels in low end torque, the Sport has a very punchy mid-range making it so much more peppy.

What do I like in the SFX?
Those sofas called seats and the timeless looks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks