Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2015, 22:02   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYJ View Post
congrats on your but aroon. looks cool on dual tone

posting a pic of my ride
Rims and tyre details please? It looks hot! Are those Lenso rims?
Old 30th January 2015, 15:15   #122
BHPian

Hi Vinay_ss

Congratulations (a bit delayed though) on your ride. Looks awesome in this color.

Wishes for a zillion safe miles.

Cheers
Old 9th February 2015, 23:23   #123
SYJ
BHPian

yup stock tyres on lenso rims
Old 16th March 2015, 11:30   #124

Re: Part 3: The ownership and the product review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Now, I struggle. I really want this review to be comprehensive, unbiased, almost at par with an official T-BHP review.
=============[*]The (again!) legendary thin Mitsubishi dealership network[/list]The detailed review follows.
anshuman_v - awesome write up on the Pajero Sport. Have been reading yours and other posts on the Pajero Sport for the past 3 months, as was deciding between a Pajero Sport and a Fortuner. Deep inside I always wanted a Pajero. Having convinced myself of the new Dealer in Hyd, I decided to take the plunge. Looking forward to picking up the Pajero sport this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYJ View Post
congrats on your but aroon. looks cool on dual tone

posting a pic of my ride
SYJ - Nice rims. Planning to upgrade my tyres out of the showroom to Michelin Latitude Cross.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. PS, ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2015 at 15:18. Reason: Note inline
Old 20th March 2015, 12:30   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
anshuman_v@

I did read through your comparison on the TFort and Pajero Sport. I am going to test drive both of them back-to-back in the coming weeks. What i would like to understand is how were they different in breaking and suspension (i.e. ride comfort on highway). I am assuming you haven't taken the car off-roading yet.

PS: Congratulations on the car, it looks stunning in black.
Thanks, Mayank. I drove the car on Bangalore roads, where some roads can give the paddy fields a run for their money in smoothness! On these, the Pajero comes in a class of its own. Very composed, quite smooth. This is the feeling echoed by quite a few other owners and reviewers as well.

I have taken the car not to proper offroading yet though. My usual inertia has kicked in, lets see when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
anshuman_v - awesome write up on the PS. Have been reading yours and other posts on the PS for the past 3 months, as was deciding between a PS and a Fortuner. Deep inside I always wanted a PS. Having convinced myself of the new Dealer in Hyd, I decided to take the plunge. Looking forward to picking up the PS this week.

SYJ - Nice rims. Planning to upgrade my tyres out of the showroom to Michelin Latitude Cross.

Good to know, car addict. I am always happy to see the Pajero Sport ownership grow. Welcome to the club

I also got pinged by a couple of other people over PMs, over why I chose the PS, and some of their apprehensions while they check out the Pajero Sport. These are my reasons in a nutshell, why I picked up the PS:

1. A better standalone product.

2. For service etc: I will drive the car for the whole year, and send it for service maybe 7 days in a year. Would I compromise on 52 weeks of driving pleasure over a week of service break?

3. Servicing costs, availability: I checked out the spare part costs of the Pajero, e.g., brake shoe replacement, oils, air filters, etc. These are the parts that are used in normal wear-tear. While they are not cheap, they are not frightfully expensive either. As for availability, I talked with long term owners as well as experts, and they said availability is manageable.

4. Dealer network: Yes, they are way lesser than what we want them. But, there are enthusiasts in Mysore, who pick up the Pajero Sport from as far as the Bangalore dealership. Surely, if I am in Bangalore/Hyd, I need that one dealership most of the time. And going by the last news, the dealerships seem to be expanding.

Again, these are my reasons - not necessarily right or wrong. Just putting them out there in case it helps others with similar questions. Cheers!
anshuman_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:01   #126
BHPian

Pajero gang met at Gurgaon today...Devdath also joined. Here are some perspectives:

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-10255747_10153121307857534_3049560016669758270_o.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-10854306_10153122069577534_3375149478227631964_o.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-10872849_10153121962892534_3190388030902972431_o.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-10998018_955462287811214_7670381537559474113_n.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-11053489_10153121937187534_5006021955983589759_o.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-11082617_955462457811197_3091223488712289575_n.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-arun-pajero.jpg
Aroongupta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:18   #127
BHPian

Wow, those are yummy looking pics, looks like you guys had fun! Just for my knowledge - these seem to be original Pajeros, without any modifications, right? Any idea how steep the incline in the pics is, and how easy/tough was it to climb it with only the two rear wheels on the ground?
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, those are yummy looking pics, looks like you guys had fun! Just for my knowledge - these seem to be original Pajeros, without any modifications, right? Any idea how steep the incline in the pics is, and how easy/tough was it to climb it with only the two rear wheels on the ground?
Thanks bro. We had fun? You bet we had loads of it.

Yeah all of these are original Pajeros. No mods. As far as steepness is concerned, watch these original videos and make out yourself. How difficult or easy was it ...is also something you will be able to make out.

Aroongupta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 16:26   #129

Quote:

Good to know, car addict. I am always happy to see the Pajero Sport ownership grow. Welcome to the club

I also got pinged by a couple of other people over PMs, over why I chose the PS, and some of their apprehensions while they check out the Pajero Sport. These are my reasons in a nutshell, why I picked up the PS:

1. A better standalone product.

2. For service etc: I will drive the car for the whole year, and send it for service maybe 7 days in a year. Would I compromise on 52 weeks of driving pleasure over a week of service break?

3. Servicing costs, availability: I checked out the spare part costs of the Pajero, e.g., brake shoe replacement, oils, air filters, etc. These are the parts that are used in normal wear-tear. While they are not cheap, they are not frightfully expensive either. As for availability, I talked with long term owners as well as experts, and they said availability is manageable.

4. Dealer network: Yes, they are way lesser than what we want them. But, there are enthusiasts in Mysore, who pick up the Pajero Sport from as far as the Bangalore dealership. Surely, if I am in Bangalore/Hyd, I need that one dealership most of the time. And going by the last news, the dealerships seem to be expanding.

Again, these are my reasons - not necessarily right or wrong. Just putting them out there in case it helps others with similar questions. Cheers!
Thanks anshuman_v. I had the same exact reason for convincing myself
Of all these, I love the fact that it is a much superior package compared to the Fortuner. Picked up my PS last week. Very next day drove down to Bangalore and back. In less than a week from delivery, getting my first 1K service done. Was a real pleasure to drive on the highway. Was waiting for the slightest opportunity to hit a bad patch of road. I am really happy with all the attention I get and the exclusivity the PS has on the roads.
Old 25th March 2015, 09:55   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks anshuman_v. I had the same exact reason for convincing myself
Of all these, I love the fact that it is a much superior package compared to the Fortuner. Picked up my PS last week. Very next day drove down to Bangalore and back. In less than a week from delivery, getting my first 1K service done. Was a real pleasure to drive on the highway. Was waiting for the slightest opportunity to hit a bad patch of road. I am really happy with all the attention I get and the exclusivity the PS has on the roads.
Well done mate! The Pajero is a hoot to drive on the Blr-Hyd highway... in fact, after a long time, I did a long drive in the night on the PS on this highway. Loved the stability, comfort in all rows, and the superb braking - way better than any other SUV that I have driven.

From your display pic, looks like you are also a Scorpio owner moving on to the Pajero Sport - same as me, Devdath and a few others. Its time to update your pic to the PS now, and yes, do share any interesting pics with the rest of us. Happy mile crunching in your awesome beast!
Old 26th March 2015, 10:18   #131

Quote:
Well done mate! The Pajero is a hoot to drive on the Blr-Hyd highway... in fact, after a long time, I did a long drive in the night on the PS on this highway. Loved the stability, comfort in all rows, and the superb braking - way better than any other SUV that I have driven.

From your display pic, looks like you are also a Scorpio owner moving on to the Pajero Sport - same as me, Devdath and a few others. Its time to update your pic to the PS now, and yes, do share any interesting pics with the rest of us. Happy mile crunching in your awesome beast!
Could'nt agree more. What a difference the PS makes on this highway from my previous cars. Was very well composed even at 140+ speeds with exceptional braking and handling. Tried the 4WD mode for about 200km, and could see a significant difference in the handling. It felt like the 4 wheels were glued to the road.

Thanks. Have always been a SUV driver. Sold my Scorpio. Will update the profile pic to PS once I have a nice one taken. Will also share some pics. So far, only mods are in terms of tyres. Got the stock Apollo replaced out of the showroom to Michelin Latitude Cross. Awesome comfort.
caraddict1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 10:37   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tried the 4WD mode for about 200km, and could see a significant difference in the handling.
What is this 4WD mode? On offroad or tried on tarmac? Asking since you mentioned for 200 kms.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:47   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What is this 4WD mode? On offroad or tried on tarmac? Asking since you mentioned for 200 kms.
Hey Jaggu, answering this on behalf of caraddict, since I know this topic myself. 4WD is the 4 wheel drive mode, which you can select on the fly in the Pajero Sport. In addition to offroading, this mode is recommended for high speeds or wet conditions, since it adds to the stability of the vehicle. I have myself experienced this in high speed wet conditions, and can vouch for the added comfort and stability while driving.
Old 26th March 2015, 17:21   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In addition to offroading, this mode is recommended for high speeds or wet conditions, since it adds to the stability of the vehicle. I have myself experienced this in high speed wet conditions, and can vouch for the added comfort and stability while driving.
Thanks, but is it for high speeds and wet conditions OR high speed wet conditions? Wanted to understand that part.
Old 26th March 2015, 17:22   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hi Jaggu - The Super Select 4WD gearbox has 2H, 4H, 4HLc and 4LLc modes. What I am referring to is the 4H mode, for added traction on highway or wet roads. Tried this on the tarmac. Could easily tell the difference at high speeds between the 2H and 4H modes and was very planted. The 4HLc and 4LLc modes are of offroad driving. More details on the Mitsubishi Super Select 4WD gearbox can be found here.

Quote:
Hey Jaggu, answering this on behalf of caraddict, since I know this topic myself. 4WD is the 4 wheel drive mode, which you can select on the fly in the Pajero Sport. In addition to offroading, this mode is recommended for high speeds or wet conditions, since it adds to the stability of the vehicle. I have myself experienced this in high speed wet conditions, and can vouch for the added comfort and stability while driving.
Thanks anshuman_v.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks