Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:38   #151
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Back after a long driving day post delivery. The Car is a beauty to drive, especially because of the Auto transmission. No jerks or no feeling that the gears are being changed and as Vipul correctly mentioned, it takes a while to pickup, after flooring the pedal. If done gradually, the take-off is smooth and even.

One thing I wish to point out is, I felt the foam padding on the steering wheel should have been more. The Steering wheel feels very thin to hold :-)
Old 22nd April 2015, 22:48   #152
BHPian

I believe the invecs driving system needs about 2000 or so kms to learn the behaviour of the driver and then it gets to be a smoother experience overall. This is just something I have read, so might be worth following up on.

Interesting observation about the steering, Ritesh. I find the 2014 4x4 MT steering quite chunky - have you had a chance to compare with that?
Old 26th April 2015, 22:14   #153
BHPian

Anshuman, seeing the images in your review, it does feel the 2014 and 2015 models have same steering wheel. But, even I found the padding a tad thin. Attached an image of the steering wheel on my car. Perhaps I am used to a thicker one on my previous car and not used to this one .
Planning to add an additional leather cover soon.

BTW, completed 1st service at 1250Kms. Zero bill with complementary pickup and drop. Car was handled well, returned clean (dirtied it in the rain the same night though!) and all complaints taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0698.jpg  

Last edited by vipulbatta : 26th April 2015 at 22:17.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:53   #154

Had my PS for little over a month now (delivered mid March15) and have clocked over 3200km. It is a manual 4x4 and am completely in love with it for its "go anywhere" ability and handling.

Have a few small irritants that have come up post the first service (1000KM), and wanted to check if anyone else having the same issues.

1. The Navigation Black Box from Map My India has been an issue from Day 1. Used to hang all the time, and had it checked with the dealer. He said he will request a replacement. He aslo mentioned there are another 3 or 4 PS which have the same problem. Still no update from the dealer. When this happened, the rear speakers used to turn off. Not sure why. The Navigation black box is now unplugged awaiting a replacement.

2. Still have the stock Head unit and speakers. My Rear speakers have only worked once or twice since the Navigation head unit was unplugged. Seems like some other issue.

3. The Kenwood system that comes stock (DDX 4031BT) , does not recognize iPhone 5 or 6 in ipod mode with a cable. Works fine with Bluetooth though. Noticed the firmware is 1.07 which seems to be latest but the manual says it only supports till iPhone 4. Have not tried the Android versions though. Any firmware upgrade possible?

4. The Direction display (N,S,E,W) on the MID, stopped displaying the direction a week ago. Not sure if there is a dimmer adjustment for it, but all other MID information is displayed correctly.

Any thoughts and suggestions before I find time to head to the Service center?
Old 27th April 2015, 13:01   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post

3. The Kenwood system that comes stock (DDX 4031BT) , does not recognize iPhone 5 or 6 in ipod mode with a cable. Works fine with Bluetooth though. Noticed the firmware is 1.07 which seems to be latest but the manual says it only supports till iPhone 4. Have not tried the Android versions though. Any firmware upgrade possible?

4. The Direction display (N,S,E,W) on the MID, stopped displaying the direction a week ago. Not sure if there is a dimmer adjustment for it, but all other MID information is displayed correctly.

I don't see any way to support Iphone5 and above. I did quite a bit of googling for it. Also, Android is not supported. You can connect the Android device using AUX cable and go to IPOD mode and play songs from the Android device. But, USB charging and track change control on steering will not work.

Even I had the same compass display issue and was directionless for a couple of weeks. Got it rectified in the service. I think they just reset the device. Its working fine since then...
Old 28th April 2015, 11:18   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
I don't see any way to support Iphone5 and above. I did quite a bit of googling for it. Also, Android is not supported. You can connect the Android device using AUX cable and go to IPOD mode and play songs from the Android device. But, USB charging and track change control on steering will not work.

Even I had the same compass display issue and was directionless for a couple of weeks. Got it rectified in the service. I think they just reset the device. Its working fine since then...
Thanks for your inputs. Will get it rectified in the service center.
Old 28th April 2015, 12:30   #157
BHPian

Hey caraddict, slightly OT here: you might want to update your display pic to the mighty Pajero, it still seems to be the good ol' Scorpio!

Your PM ability is still locked, so had to post this OT conversation on the public board. Cheers!
Old 29th April 2015, 13:29   #158
BHPian

Maybe OT, but has anyone gone for scuff plates for doors and protective plate/rubber on boot to avoid scratches while loading/unloading luggage?
Old 29th April 2015, 19:48   #159
BHPian

Anshuman, you have a wonderful thread. I have booked the Pajero Sport MT 4x4 and expecting the delivery late next week.

I must admit, that your and Satpal's thread were key influencing factors in my decision making process.

One question for all Sport owners - Is there need to run-in the engine? For how long?

Thanks.
Auto_Fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 09:51   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Maybe OT, but has anyone gone for scuff plates for doors and protective plate/rubber on boot to avoid scratches while loading/unloading luggage?
Hi Vipul, I personally havent - but I would suggest you go for it. Heck, why not accessorize and have fun with something thats quite useful. One tip: you might want to get some of these from JC Road, rather than the showroom - it almost costs half the amount for the same parts that are imported from Thailand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
Anshuman, you have a wonderful thread. I have booked the Pajero Sport MT 4x4 and expecting the delivery late next week.

I must admit, that your and Satpal's thread were key influencing factors in my decision making process.

One question for all Sport owners - Is there need to run-in the engine? For how long?

Thanks.
Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the Sport Club! You will discover new bonds and experiences with your vehicle very soon.

From what I have understood - the run-in period is about 1000 kms, till first service. You are advised not to cross 100 kph in this duration. Trust me, its not easy to adhere to this - the car reaches 120+ pretty easily and is amazingly stable and fun.

Another tip: Devdath (n.devdath here) is a resident auto expert and a fellow Pajero Sport owner. Suggest you have him as your guru if not alreay so, he is immensely knowledgeable and helpful.

Looking forward to your delivery reviews and pics soon! Cheers.
anshuman_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:56   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
Had my PS for little over a month now (delivered mid March15) and have clocked over 3200km. It is a manual 4x4 and am completely in love with it for its "go anywhere" ability and handling.

Have a few small irritants that have come up post the first service (1000KM), and wanted to check if anyone else having the same issues.

1. The Navigation Black Box from Map My India has been an issue from Day 1. Used to hang all the time, and had it checked with the dealer. He said he will request a replacement. He aslo mentioned there are another 3 or 4 PS which have the same problem. Still no update from the dealer. When this happened, the rear speakers used to turn off. Not sure why. The Navigation black box is now unplugged awaiting a replacement.

2. Still have the stock Head unit and speakers. My Rear speakers have only worked once or twice since the Navigation head unit was unplugged. Seems like some other issue.

Updates on my issues noted earlier:
#1 - Replaced the Navigation Blackbox under warranty. Works like a charm now.
#2 - In Bluetooth mode, there is an optional setting for "Front" or "All" speakers. Mine was set to front speakers, hence was not hearing anything in rear speakers. All set now.
#3 - No update on this upgrade yet.
#4 - Reset the compass and works great now. Simple to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hey caraddict, slightly OT here: you might want to update your display pic to the mighty Pajero, it still seems to be the good ol' Scorpio!

Your PM ability is still locked, so had to post this OT conversation on the public board. Cheers!
Thanks Anshuman. Have been wanting to get a neat profile pic. Will do so soon. I promise
caraddict1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:38   #162
BHPian

Hi all,

I have booked 4x2 (Auto) last week - Mumbai Registration. Paper work is going on and expecting delivery in the next week. Cant wait to get my hands on it

Hope all my research over the past 1 year and Pajero vs. Fortuner confusion will be gone once I drive the vehicle day in day out... Fingers crossed...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th June 2015 at 14:45. Reason: Smileys = 2.
Old 20th June 2015, 16:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adit View Post
Hi all,

I have booked 4x2 (Auto) last week - Mumbai Registration. Paper work is going on and expecting delivery in the next week. Cant wait to get my hands on it

Hope all my research over the past 1 year and Pajero vs. Fortuner confusion will be gone once I drive the vehicle day in day out... Fingers crossed...
Great stuff, Adit. Congrats on a good buy. You will always love the car, the exclusivity and the drive. Looking forward to lots of pics and your report soon!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 11:56   #164

An amazing car, congratulations and greetings from Costa Rica. Here it is called just Montero Sport as "Pajero" is a sexual slang in many spanish speaking countries LOL. anyways, your truck is a beast on one of the best in its class. Hope you have many adventures with it!
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:01   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
An amazing car, congratulations and greetings from Costa Rica. Here it is called just Montero Sport as "Pajero" is a sexual slang in many spanish speaking countries LOL. anyways, your truck is a beast on one of the best in its class. Hope you have many adventures with it!
Thank you, Garoto. Interesting to know what the same word can mean in different languages, even in India we have lots of these examples. There was this famous case of a soft-drink major having a similar issue with their English name in China, I think.

Just curious - what is the actual Montero called over there?
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks